It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Speaks- "Time is running out"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by crawgator406

I did too and everyone else in America should! If they want to hold onto their least scrap of freedom.
I want to know why there wasn't a press conference or maybe he's failed at those too many times. haha. In all seriousness, call your senators and representatives. you can find ways to contact them through this website:
www.... visi. com/juan/congress/
I strongly urge everyone to do it. It is the only chance we have against them.
Also, take a look at this interesting article in which they talk about the worst clause in this entire bill.

Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency.

"In short, the so-called "mother of all bailouts," which will transfer $700 billion taxpayer dollars to purchase the distressed assets of several failed financial institutions, will be conducted in a manner unchallengeable by courts and ungovernable by the People's duly sworn representatives. All decision-making power will be consolidated into the Executive Branch - who, we remind you, will have the incentive to act upon this privilege as quickly as possible, before they leave office. The measure will run up the budget deficit by a significant amount, with no guarantee of recouping the outlay, and no fundamental means of holding those who fail to do so accountable."

Full article: www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well, I just emailed my rep and senator. I have done so before and gotten little else than a form letter back from their secretar(ies). I only hope enough like minded citizens will have sent in protests to warrant the rep's and senator's attention. This * is really getting me * !! I was talking to my parents yesterday, both whom are in their late 60s. They are quite political and worldly, so I sat down and asked them: "Since the moment you have been able to understand the global economy and world politics, what moment in history has made you the most concerned/frightened/worried?" Without hesitation my mother said that she has never felt more nervous about the state of the American political, economical, and foreign-policy situation than she does right now. Even during the infamous "duck and cover" times when it was pounded into their heads that the USSR could go nuclear at any moment, my parents didn't feel as unsafe as they do now.
And I thought maybe I felt this way because I had little else in the way of political crises to compare the current debacle to.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Breaking News: Ron Paul is a deceiver just like Alex Jones.

Just a forewarning: Do not panic and do not be afraid. If you are the aggressor you will help martial law. Only defend, do not attack.

Deny ignorance. Deny Alex Jones and his followers.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_

Is it possible that Ron Paul join in a discussion here? That would be super.
Or is that above him... I just get tired of the elite, people need to humble themselves a bit.

I wish he would come here, it would create more attention to him. He needs more exposure to people, who haven't heard of him before.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
what i find 'funny' or actualy very disturbing..is that the verbatim wording of parts of the current 'bailout plan' are out there for all to read, i'm sure it is being read but it seems no one is understanding some of the implications of this current 'bail out plan'. do sheople understand what 'no oversight and review' mean? financial institustions becoming 'agents of the government'? come on sheople....

also its funny that now bush and company want congress to hurry up and pass this...sorta reminds me of the great and might 'patriot act' and isn't it getting close to when congress takes it very long holiday?..so better hurry up and pass this. and if i read it right, isn't the 'bail out' written by the fed reserve stooges?? i thought congress were the ones to do this sorta thing?!
i guess just ANOTHER sad day for the american sheople

[edit on 25-9-2008 by clearmind]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
starred and flag...while i don't personally agree with many of Dr. Ron Paul's point of view on many of the issues...his willingness to be HONEST with the people is a true breath of fresh air....and couple that with his "predicting" (more like pointing out the truth to the american populace) that this economic disaster was coming...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Let this bailout fail, I say. Let a 5 year wave of recession come. I have been though a recession before and I can survive another one. Everybody has some responsibility in this crisis, inc. me. If this bailout doesnt happen I can expect to lose my job and possibly my home as will thousands of others. My 401k is evaporating before me on a weekly basis. The market deserves a harsh lesson in right and wrong and needs to correct itself on a natural basis, not be infused with money taken from the American peoples hard earned incomes at the end of a gun. This the equivilent of being robbed blind on the street, and the guy that robbed you running off to pay off a massive gambling debt, while never giving up what got him there in the first place.

You know what audacity is to me? Audacity is Paulson sitting in front of the Senate hearings imploring the American people to not see this as a bailout but to see it as an "investment"; he also had the audacity to say that the "American taxpayers are and always have been foremost on his mind", unbelievable...these guys have some balls. Let them fail....

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I completely understand your point. But, the problem goes much further. It's this lethargic society that we live in.

There are alternatives to this bailout that have been offered up. But, I'm not going to do the work for you. Do some research and you'll find out who has counter proposals. This American Lethargic Complacency is getting out of control.

I'll even give you a hint ... he was in the running, during the early stages, for President. Need more? Think Democrat.

He's not the only person to offer an alternative to Bush's Bailout, but people can't always depend on others to spoon-feed them the information.

It's out there. Go find it.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ron Paul is exactly right. Are you Americans ready to go to Washington or are we gonna let this happen? " There goes your country " as Ron Paul says.

I say " NO BAILOUT " there's other ways to handle this. The government needs to stay out of this, investigations & prosecutions need to start. Our politicians who were involved in this and all the other crooks need to pay this back " NOT US!"

[edit on 9/25/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Join the many that have starred and flagged...

The terrible news is that Ron Paul is right, and democracy is being swept right from under America's feet, with everyone watching...

Like someone said before, even the acts of this economic rape are there for all to see, and the lethargy of the people is once again evident, while W & Co. prepare to finish the handing over of the country's reins...

What will it take? If even respected politicians are now acting as Chicken Little, and people still lay there as events unfold...

[edit on 25-9-2008 by citizenc]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I wrote my rep. I don't have a phone, but surely I can send an email.

I also S&Fed this thread.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Hello from Canada

If your not going to use Ron Paul there in the USA can we have him here in Canada?

Come on America let your people know that they dont want this package!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by seabisquit

You are right,but it would also create a win for Obama.

Most of the RP people I have incountered are not Liberal Socialest,therefor not many Obama people see things the way Ron Paul people do.

My take on all this,is some times you have to tare down a house that is to rotten to repair and rebuild it.It is far to late to keep this from happening,we have not been citizens for quit awhile,get used to being a subject and hope thats all you have to get used to.

You people do reialize that the there is no one to ask to prosacute the bad guys,they are the bad guys.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Battleline]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I recieved this letter from RP yesterday as well. I forwarded it to some family members and friends to try and get the word out. I also just got off the phone with Senator Menedez's office here in NJ and said I will not support anyone who votes for this bailout plan. I'm not sure it will matter, but at least I can say I tried.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jvm222

Just a forewarning: Do not panic and do not be afraid. If you are the aggressor you will help martial law. Only defend, do not attack.

Do you mean to say that by contacting our congressman / woman to decry the ridiculous burden they are placing on their taxpaying constituents, we are being "the aggressor"? Because if so, then you can take your "Ron Paul is a deceiver, nevermind that I do not back up my claims and that his statements directly conform to your day-to-day experiences and observations" and shove it. BEING APATHETIC is what helps martial law come into being. Resistance is the first step to victory over oppression.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

i also get the "deer in the headlight" stare. i am also considered a nut proclaiming the North American Union is set in place. most of the responses i receive is "I don't want to know what is going to happen" and "Why do you keep proclaiming gloom and doom?"

as far as support for Ron Paul. people fear consequences speaking out against our government (excepting Ron Paul); fear of being marked for termination and that dreaded knock on the door at 4AM.

starred and flagged.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
the big problem in all of this is sadly the american people for many years have brought this all upon themselves. Being a canadian i can definately feel for you guys because up here things are not much better. But the facts are its been years since things started smelling like a dead rat and yet the bulk of americans have been too caught up in their artificially created standard of living to pay enough attention to give a # about what their country is doing to its people and to the people of the world as a whole. north americans have been so dumbed down by its prefabbed media and diet of fast food and toxins that as a whole it has given up the fight long ago. This situation is way beyond making phone calls, voting and crying about it on the web. Its time for protest.
Dont think for a minute that the blood of americans will not be getting spilled on your own soil by your government in the near future. Your chance for diplomacy has failed long ago. You all failed your country in the years past by allowing your government to rape your constitution. Your government did not fail your country, YOU DID. and only you can fix it, if you continue to sit back and hope that your "vote" or a "phone call" can make positive change to this mess you are just being the same poeple that allowed it all to happen in the first place. Take a look at history, the ONLY way a governed population of people ever stood up against against a governments will was to do it on the streets. Take that american patriotism into your hearts and FIGHT for your country, your govnment is not listening to the wishes of the poeple any longer. you must take back your country as a people united.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jvm222

Deny ignorance indeed
.....I agree Alex Jones is a fear mongering and is out to make a buck off of peoples fear, but I am sorry you clearly do not know what you are talking about when it comes to Dr. Paul. For future reference, you might want to provide information to back up your claims or you will not be taken seriously here. So your post means absolutely nothing since it is just a wild and obscured statement.

Here I will help you understand how wrong you are.Please look at the following:

Ron Pauls Positions

I just wanted to add to for people who are not aware Ron Paul supports:

People who make money by tips should be allowed to keep them untaxed.

Getting rid of the IRS & possibly switching to a sales tax that brings illegal aliens & corporate | individual tax cheats (who exploit tax loopholes) into the tax system.

Getting rid of corporate lobbying system that buys & pays politicians.

Revaluing our devalued dollar, by going back to having the dollar be backed by something of value (Gold like before 1974) Why? Because right now....we just print more money when we need it....making the dollar worth less & less. That means when you buy something with your paycheck.. it doesnt go very far....because companies don't value your dollar very much in comparison to other countries money.

Making a foreign policy that makes a very strong military to defend America, without telling other countries how they have to live (Which only makes them hate us).

Making the government much smaller which allows the taxes to go down even further.

Getting the government out of our private lives, by telling us what to do & issuing 'sneek peek' warrants that allow the govt to go into your home without your permission | take a look & leave.

Democrats are the same as most Republicans....do not be misled.

Investigate Ron Pauls voting record. He stands now where he stood when he first took office as a congressman. All the others give typical election year opinion changing mamby pamby ness.

Telling you what you want to hear.

I can't believe American citizens have become so ignorant not to notice what is happening during these debates.

There is no doubt that if "Ron Paul" is NOT a threat to monied interests in this country (in receiving their tax sponsored corporate welfare.....why would they decide to exclude him?

Obviously he is a threat to their free money & ability to then spend it with lobbyists to pass even more legistlation that benefits them directly.

If Ron Paul has such a low amount of support, why did the mainstream media have no problem pushing someone with no support

(Guiliani was supposedly a wrap for the Republican nomination, with no support the media pushed him like crazy !)

Democrats are exactly the same as most republicans these days. Bought & paid for.

Clinton has been caught so many times with her hand in the cookie jar ( Insider commodity trading, Walmart Union Busting)

Obama's beautiful mansion bought & paid for by his biggest contributor mafia-tied real estate developer

Chicago "slum landlord" federally indicted Antoin "Tony" Rezko. The lot is just 1 away from Rezko's own.

www.politicalbase.com...

[edit on 9/25/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm scared. I really am.

I'm not just scared about the economy. I'm scared about what this bail out REALLY means. I don't pretend to know the answer, but maybe someone does.

What can REALLY happen if this bailout is approved? It can't be good whatever it is. Has this ever happened in our history? I really have no idea.

What happened to know taxation without representation? Can we do something about this if they pass this bill? I mean, it very very obvious that the taxpayers DO NOT WANT THIS. So if they pass it does that mean we can go after them?

I honestly don't care what will happen if we don't bail these companies out. We will all have to pay the price for letting this happen. These companies knew what they were doing and they were doing it as fast as they could to get as much money as they could before it hit the fan KNOWING that Bush would bail them out.

So now, they are still rich as all get out and we just gave them 700 billion freaking dollars.

What do you think that kind of money could go to fund? What about the health care package everyone says is too expensive? What about all our social security money that the STOLE and haven't paid us back? What about our infrastructure. Debilitated schools?? How many computer labs could we have put in how many schools? We could bring back music and art. We can give every single child in this country the health care they deserve.

I'm so flippin mad right now!!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What I don't get is they are supposedly using our tax dollars to buy up the mortgages just to sell them back to the tax payers
While all that is happening the people who caused this mess get more money. It's criminal if you ask me and should be stopped. Even Ron Paul can't stop it so how can we? It's so true about there being one party, it's called " the democrat & republican party." I have no answers either except cut taxes everywhere it can be and adopt the Fair Tax HR25.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join