It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not another new guy........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I am new here and thought I would start out with a basic introduction.

I am a "responsibility" conservative. That means I am conservative and have faith, but apply my views on society more from a responsibility point instead of my own life choices point of view.

My chosen screen name is based on the song "time" by Pink Floyd where it describes the futility of trying to chase the sun because time catches up to us all.

So somebody fill me in on the highlights of the place.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well, what exactly have you got faith in?

[edit on 19-9-2008 by moonrat]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Welcome to the the site.

What can anyone here tell you about that you can't dig around and see for yourself? I'm unsure just what it is you are looking for. Can you be more specific? Do you want to know about the site, or the purpose of it? Please explain what you mean so an applicable answer can be given.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesJoke

Hey TimesJoke

Welcome to ATS

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmongo4
Welcome to the the site.

Thanks to all who have welcomed me.

What can anyone here tell you about that you can't dig around and see for yourself? I'm unsure just what it is you are looking for. Can you be more specific?

There is a lot of content to absorb, I was just asking in general.

Each person sees things from their own perspective, I am happy to hear what your opinion is if your willing to offer it about what "you" believe the highlights are.

Do you want to know about the site, or the purpose of it?

Both.

Please explain what you mean so an applicable answer can be given.

The request was just a general fishing expedition to see what kind of answer I would get, I did not expect the third degree, lol.

Feel free to use your imagination.

Times

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hi TimesJoke and welcome to ATS. This is a huge site, so try not to get bogged down in stuff that you aren't interested in. There is so much information here, so go post away and enjoy yourself. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the T&C's. You can u2u a moderator at any time if you have questions, they are always more than happy to help.

Stop by BTS sometime. There is a wide variety of lighter subjects when you want to relax, laugh or chit chat. It's also a great place to get to know the other members.

Rush

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
TJ!! I'm so glad to have you here!!!

This will help: Index of Important Website Related Threads.

You will fit right in here. I've never seen you be anything less than civil and that is a part of two major rules here:

1). Debate the post and not the poster.
2). Civility and Decorum are required at all times.

You will do just fine. I've never seen you sink to low blows regardless of what was done or said to you.

Please let me know if you need anything. PM's here are called 'u2u's.' You will see the u2u box at the bottom of everyone's posts or you can access u2u's from the 'memcenter' and compose them if you know the member's user name. When you have a u2u, you will see a little red box that says U2U in the navigation bar. I'll send you one really fast so you will know what it looks like when you have one.

Again, it is so glad to have you here even if we don't agree on some things. You are a great and courteous member and I look forward to reading your posts.

[edit on 9/19/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Oh, also... To answer your other question. There are two sections of this site: abovetopsecret.com (where you are now). This deals mostly with politics and conspiracies and psychology. The main theme of ATS is conspiracies. Almost everything will have some form of conspiracy angle then others are for politics, science, psychology, etc. Then for general 'off topic' discussion, you will see the tab at the top of your screen that says 'belowtopsecret.' You just use the same screen name and password to log in there. There is no need to register separate accounts. For short they're called ATS and BTS. ATS is the more intellectual/serious/conspiratorial side and BTS is the more laid back/small talk/discussion side- although there are some pretty in depth discussions in the Faith forum on BTS.

That's all I can think of for now. Welcome again.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesJoke

Ok, Ok, I get it.
Seems that someone already beat me to the answers with some good advice and direction, thanks AshleyD.
One thing---there is a point system here, and you gain points by posting topics and having them replied to, starred and flagged by other members.
Personally, I don't care about points, I just read through topics until I see one I think I might be able to contribute to and add my 2 cents.
You will find heated arguements, attacks on people, and extremely diverse opinions as well as intelligent discussion on various topics. Just try to debate the issues as intended and not get sucked into the meaningless chatter of personal attacks that some seem so fond of, and you will be fine.
Again, welcome and have at it!!

top topics

join