It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognitive Dreams, the dreams that come true.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I thought I would open a thread for those of you who have had dreams that one day later, came true. Like Deja Vu, but you link the memory to a dream.

I know that some of you here will relate to this experience, as this experience does not limit itself to single individuals, rather occurs as a natural phenomena in humanity as a whole.

So please share your experiences with this phenomena, or debate the reality of it, or non-reality of it.

My experience with this particular band of dreaming, within the dreaming spectrum spans over 20 years. I have also had lucid precognitive dreams, where I was fully awake and conscious, during a dream that would one day later comes true.

My experiments with this phenomena, have also allowed me to change a dream before the dream comes true, to observe the changes happen here.

The end result, this is a most fascinating topic for discussion.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
ok, cool...

10 years ago i had a job as a delivery driver. I dropped off a delivery at this Hydraulics shop that was all greasy and nasty. I was thinking man i wouldn't like to work here... That night i had really vivid dream i worked there...well 4 years later my friend worked at a shop and i needed a day job, so he ask me to come in and apply. Well i walked in the door of this shop and was like "hey! this is that shop i had a dream about!" -weird huh? I worked there almost 6 years and yes i was right the first time, i didn't enjoy working there.

I also have a reoccurring dream about aliens coming for me and my friend, i hope that one does not come true.

I have some others, i will post later, but i do have these type of dreams a lot, i can never act on them, because it is to late.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Optix]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I have these all the time. Here is an interesting one.

In my dream, my car was stuck in water, and somehow electricity was in the water. I got out of the car, only to look back and there was my son in the car!~~ I look the other way and see two policemen racing towards us, saying get away from the car! But being a mom, I braved the water to grab my son, and in the dream I remember I felt the shock from being electrocuted, yet I saved my kid and that was that.

I woke up and told the kids about it, and wondered what it meant.

Later that evening, I was in my tiny kitchen, water running, stove on cooking pizza, when the son from my dream comes running in to grab the pizza out of the oven. I knew our stove had an elecrical short in it, and had jolted us before. He reached for the oven, and thats when it hit me. I shouted, Son, get OUT!

I turned off the water, grabbed a rag, and when I went to op-en the stove, the handle dropped off, OMG! but no shock, thank goodness.

If I had not had that dream, I would have let my son open the door and possibly be shocked, due to the water(small kitchen, no dishwasher, and I am pretty messy when I manage to clean!)

These kinds of dreams fascinate me, and scare me, both.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I have never been able to change any of my dreams.
I have been a dreamer since a very young age (about 5)
Almost every dream of mine comes true ..some have symbolisms and not very good explanations as to what they meant ...but later turn out to be something symbolic trying to show me something ..(I dont get it usually till it happens I am kinda slow lol) and some are just out right open in showing me everything in them .They dont all happen the next day ...(some do ) most of them happen within a week or even a year ..some several years .
I dream more about other people than I do myself .I get dreams of how some people are in their heart (as in they act all good decent people in the real world but are not in my dreams)Usually within a week or so their bad sides show up in the real world then ...(I hate these dreams) ..
I also have end of the world dreams ..
I dont like to tell my dreams usually because it can get scary for me when they come true ..Especially the ones with death in them ..I sometimes would rather not even know those dreams ...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well, I also was afraid of these types of dreams and it's no question that for us, who have them, they are frightening but... despite the fear they happen, and we participate in them.

I am glad to see a few people now having posted their personal experiences with this phenomena.

Optix, please share more, I am interested.

Hotbakertater, I spoke with a person who saved their life from a car accident because of a very vivid dream come true. They were driving their car, started remembering the dream, but wasn't clear then they got into an accident, and ducked just in time remembering the dream, saving themselves from impacting on the steering column... so you are not alone in that part.

Simplynoone, controlling a dream is just a matter of asserting yourself. I can relate as many here will about the fear these dreams create. I just encourage you to become fearless.

Here is a link to some pictures and a newspaper article on me regarding precognitive dreams. In these pictures are shapes that appeared in reality when I changed a dream before it came true.

Precognitive Dream Photos

This is just a drop in the deep waters of precognitive dreaming, so I hope that through sharing our experiences, we can all further our understanding of this experience.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I dreamed about a very close friend of mine one night .He was in a car accident and hit a tree and it bruised half of his body (In the dream) he also had a women with him when it happened(This was the night before holloween)
He walked up to me in the dream and I said your dead ..and he told me he wasnt ...end of dream ...
The next morning I woke up and I called him and begged him not to drive .
He was supposed to meet a few of us at a bar at 12 midnight on Holloween night.He didnt believe me and he and his girlfriend were on their way and at 12 midnight he hit a tree head on at 90 or 100 miles an hour .She went through the windshield and he fell out half way of the car and hit the tree with half his body .Both died instant .

I also warn my friends when I dream about them ..they never believe me and it happens ...No dream has ever been stopped ...

Sometimes I wonder if maybe by me telling them it makes them happen.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Simplyone, I know the bad dreams that come true aren't any fun. I had a dream where my Cousin died in a truck accident along with his friend. I told my Aunt around Christmas time that I had a bad dream with him in it. And my other Aunt was there and heard me talk about it.

Sadly, around a year later towards that same time, he was coming home for Christmas and died in a head on collision with a semi-trailer, along with his friend.

I did meet with him in a dream after the event, and he wanted me to know, he was alright and to tell his mom and dad, that he was ok.

It's not because you tell them that it happens. It is because it is part of something that is within a probability field and may happen. However, we can change them.

My wife had a dream that I died driving on a specific road coming home, her details were so grim that will not drive that road, in the car of which she had saw in her dream. Especially since it happened before our Baby was born (which is still to be born).

I take those dreams seriously enough to completely change my driving pattern.

So let's move past the fact that horrific events can be seen in dreams, and lets look at what we can do with these dreams to improve our lives, and the lives of our friends and families.

I feel, we should talk about our dreams with people candidly as in, I had a dream with you in it the other night, such and such took place. Let them carry the knowledge if it comes true, maybe that will help them.

Dreams and reality have a relationship, and hopefully in this thread, we can start to understand this relationship.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Believe me I tell all my dreams to everyone (especially those who are in it)
Everyone thinks I am a kook lol until it happens ..then everyone says you better tell me if you dream about me lol ..

I can stop the dreams about myself sometimes ..the same way that you did .
I avoid every situation even similar to my dream.

Do you think there is any truth to those movies where those kids could not avoid death ...remember they tried and succeeded only for a short time then it got them anyway later ?>What was the name of those movies ..

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I did have a dream I HOPE comes true .
Last week I dreamed we were under martial law and a military guy came to pick us up to take us off somewhere ..I went and talked with him and just made him feel guilty ..by saying you know this isnt right and dont you think its time to take a stand when they ask you to do something like this ...that you know isnt right (Wherever we were being taken it wasnt good) ..It worked because he let us go ...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It was Final Destination, and I am sure the writer has had dreams come true. I think quite a few movies are influenced by the writers having had dreams come true. I need to google IMDB and get a list going lol.

I'm glad you are sharing this with people, my parents thought I was insane, my brother also... then dreams I told them happened, and soon enough even they had their own dreams come true.

It's that kind of awakening that encourages me to share this, despite the skepticism and ridicule it can endure.

Changing them and seeing the changes happen here, that is where I feel we may have an opportunity to do great things here.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I dont want to start having nightmares ...if I start dreaming about anyone in here I am leaving this place LOL>.This place is scary sometimes lol ....

My dreams are never nightmares ..they are peaceful (yes even some of the ones about death) and they are deep (as in alot going on in them) ..but never about demons or aliens or anything like that ..and God forbid please dont let me dream about Reptillions lol .....I dont like them ...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
i believe that we have precog dreams for two reasons.

1. to stop the event from occurring
2. for God to let us know that is exists

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by elusivetruth
i believe that we have precog dreams for two reasons.

1. to stop the event from occurring
2. for God to let us know that is exists

Having them, does present us with an ability to change them thus stop events from happening.

What we really need to ask is, is this dream we are having that comes true, a future event or a dream?

Is the dream physical? Does it have atoms, weak/strong gravitational forces? Or does is simply contain organized thought?

Dreams are thoughts. If you look at your dreams, you will see through the self-evident nature of dreaming, that what you think becomes the landscape, the environment and the characters in the dream.

We all know that dreams are created by ourselves, and who and what we are, are dreamers.

However, in this spectrum of dreaming, there is a band or layer by which, what is dreamed there, becomes here.

So for those of us who have had precognitive dreams, we have memories of being at this particular frequency of the dream spectrum, and in our waking reality we watch in some disbelief as it happens here.

Which then asks, what is here? If here is that dream we once had, and now its our reality. What is the relationship between dreams, and reality.

And since we create dreams, did we create that dream, that just became our reality?

Aside from the memory of the dream, what evidence do we have? What can take us further to the answers regarding this enigma?

So that takes us to your second statement. Dreams that come true, are evidence of God. Which is an interesting point, but lets not dismiss the argument that we are the ones who dreamed the dream in the first place.

What is our relationship as the dreamer, to the dream?

I will agree with #2, it does tie into God, and our relationship with what God is. However, it more clearly defines how we are a part of God, and a part of creation.

I have changed dreams, and those changes have happened here. I don't think that makes me God, but I know it was my intent, my focused thought which influenced the change to occur in the dream in the first place. Having it come true, was just an indicator of where I was, within the dreaming spectrum.

Reality as a whole, is a lot larger then our finite focus in this dimensional reality. I hope we can have some deep discussions on this.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Aug 19th, 8am, 2004. Basically, it starts off with me in a big forest with some friends. We finally make it to a clearing with a lake and a log cabin. The second I walk through the log cabin door, it turns into my friend Ali's house. Anyways, in my dream I end up sitting on the staircase looking into my friends mum's room. She was in the bed, but hidden from view behind the bedroom door. She'd been suffering from cancer. So, I can't see her, but can hear her breathing getting heavier and raspier until I cant stand it anymore. Scared the poop outta me. I think in real time as well as my dream, I covered my ears hard with my hands, as her gasping for breath freaked me out big time.

I eventually wake up to my mum ringing me (this was when i was in the RAF), asking how I was (at 8AM?!?!). I said I was fine, and then "Ali's mum's dead, isn't she?!" When my mum asked if I'd spoken to Ali, I said I had literally just woken up from a screwed up dream. So it was like an Out of Body Experience, i guess, but kinda like premonition, but only with a minute between real time and dream time. Kinda weird when you think about it. How that happened to me, I don't know to this day.

Hope that helps a bit. As for dejavu, I never know when it happens, but when it does it's like a bloody scratched record repeating over and over until I find a way to break the chain....icky! Makes me feel sick otherwise! But it never happens within 24 hours. At least a week in advance. And once it happened before and it took a year before anything happened...

Emmy x

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Great thread.
Are you suggesting that it's possible to predict future events during sleep, once the dreamer recognises, through lucidity, that they are able to manipulate the precognitive layer of the dream spectrum?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hi Emmy,

I use the feels like a record skipping analogy, so really that is awesome to hear you say it also. It's great to see so many people come forward, I am glad we have a forum to share these experiences.

Anonymous,

During sleep, as we become the dreamer, we are able through lucidity to direct our awareness through rational, logical and cognitive self-realization, focus on the precognitive layer of the dream spectrum, and influence change there via dream control, and observe those changes as they occur here. Yes.

I have conducted several personal experiments with this, with the end result being changes I know I have influenced, have occurred here in this reality, when the dream has come true.

Have you had any precognitive dreams yourself Anonymous?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I cannot remember my dreams, so not sure what i drem about when i sleep. Anyone here get this too?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I cannot remember my dreams, so not sure what i drem about when i sleep. Anyone here get this too?

That is not uncommon, and there are techniques that you can apply that will enable you to recall your dreams more regularly.

Google: Dream Recall
www.dreamviews.com...
www.lucidity.com...

There are lots of howto/faqs regarding ways to improve it. In a simplified summary of what I do:

I tell myself before I go to sleep that I know I am going to dream, and I will allow myself to remember them.

In the morning before I rush out of bed, I take the time to affirm that I did dream and I start to follow the memories which at that point tend to blossom into the full recall of the dream.

Writing down your dreams, or recording your voice after sleep also helps, it is a skill that can go dormant or expand, it does require your attention.

Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Apparently, (you may know this, sorry, but it's interesting for people who may not) Mexican Indian shamans taught that the very "intent" to remember is not only the key to dreaming, but the key to this reality. If enough awareness gathers in a single location, rules begin to form as more and more intent is applied. When we dream, we pretty much travel through places that have a lesser or greater amount of intent, a lesser or greater amount of awareness. As a result, they considered dreams merely a return to the holographic core that we return to once we die. With continued effort and applied intent in your dreams, you can visit these other realities again and again. I've had several dreams in which I've gone lucid, and the dream is so real, no matter how much evidence I try to gather in my dream state, I cannot tell the difference and I forget that I am sleeping on a bed somewhere. It is perhaps possible that this place in which I am typing on abovetopsecret.com is just the equivalent of one of those dream states I have had in which I 'cannot tell the difference' because there has been so much foreign intent applied here that the rules are ultra powerful and even pin us here for awhile. Awareness eventually is allowed to move on, however, as all of us know.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I had one odd dream image I remember about a small, rectangular white or grey 'landing craft' on the road up the driveway of my parent's place which looked like it could seat 30 people. I think I saw a human-looking pilot through the windows, I don't remember getting on, maybe I got on or ran away

A while later I had another one of these dreams that you don't forget because it's so striking or memorable I had a dream where I had the feeling of being on some kind of travelling ship/compartment. (The ship from the above paragraph?) The interior was metallic and spartan, the padding on our beds basic. Comparable to living in the body of a square submarine with similar bedding arrangements. I saw a young lady laying on a flip-down bed looking at me from across the living area.

I decided to to the sauna or some kind of showering area to rest. Luckily, a young lady joined me just as I got up, and soon after, the young lady who was looking at me from across the 'room' walked in and just as the trip got a bit more interesting, the alarm clock woke me up at 5:15am for work

Someone make cheap robots to do the work for us and grow our food, thanks! I would like to have a robot who does my work for me, and I get paid at that too. Everyone should have a Irobot to do their work for them
so I can sleep just as nature intended and explore the dream realm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join