It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognitive Dreams, the dreams that come true.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have these dreams sometimes. The only times I remember then however I remember them only when I forst wake up, when the event happens and after the event. When I do have the dreams they are just like snapshots of things that are going to happen not a whole sequence of events.
When the things come true I don't often think too much of them because my dreams are never really filled with horrors or anything for example one that happened recently. I had a dream about watching people skate really fast round an ice rink. Few months later I went to a friends birthday party and halfway through we had to stop for the speed skaters. It's just a flash of a dream really but still interesting I think.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thanks Ladyloss for digging up this thread. I hadn't seen this before. I read the whole thread and wow, you guys brought up some interesting concepts. My mind is reeling a bit.

I'm just an avatar Ughhh!

I just wanted to share my experience. I've put it in a few other threads but I will add it here as well.

I've 'worked' on my own dreaming for over 30 years. Mostly with the intent of remembering. I remember quite a few of my dreams on a daily basis. I dream in color and on rare occasions, I can even smell.

My precog dreams are not that frequent but very powerful. I share a commonality that I've seen in this thread being that most of my precog dreams have to do with death. I've always assumed this was my 'higher self' preparing me mentally for what is to come.

Over the years I've learned to share what I consider a precog with someone close to me. It adds more validity to the experience when you can have someone else confirm you did indeed dream the event before hand vs after the fact saying 'hey, I dreamt about that.' Not to invalidate those of you who have, sometimes we may not even recognize the dream till the event happens then *poof* dream recollection.

My most intense dreams seem to happen two weeks before the event. I dreamt of my dads death two weeks before it happened and told my mom the following day after the dream. He wasn't even sick at the time.

I dreamt of my moms death two weeks in advance as well. After the dream I told my husband about it. It also came with a series of numbers which at the time I didn't understand but, wrote them down. Within days, my mom was in the hospital and out of curiosity I looked at her admission band. No match. She was discharged and sent home. A week later she was back in the hospital and this time the numbers DID match. I knew what time it was. Let me add my husband was a bit freaked out by the numbers matching. My mom would have found this interesting as well but, of course I didn't share it with her.

It is my experience that dreaming can be a way of communicating with the dead. For example, shortly after my dad died he came to me in a dream. It was very vivid and I still remember it clearly 20 yrs later. In that dream we chit chatted but what stuck in my mind is he told me something bad would happen the year the colts won the superbowl but, he didn't disclose what that would be. Football was a means me and dad bonded over for whatever that is worth. Everytime the Colts had a good season, I'd get nervous. Lucky for me that didn't happen very often for a good number of years.
Point being, the year the Colts did win the superbowl - my mom died. For me, how much more evidence of something extraordinary happening does one need?

Now, let me also state I don't have precog dreams on any regular basis. I didn't dream of 9/11, nor the tsunami, or Katrina. These dreams seem to be directly related to my life. I also wish those dearly departed would visit more often. My most recent precog dream was about the recent ice storm just south of me.

My latest adventures in dreaming is me asking to be visited by ETs. I just state it in my mind before I go to sleep that I'm open to visitation. So far, just one experience but it was intense. There were these very tall, Nordic looking 'people' standing in a circle. They were wearing ornate clothing and had air of royalty. They weren't speaking to me but to each other. Bah, I can't remember what I hear them talking about. They did seem to notice me but almost as if I was just a fly on the wall. Apparently, these were Pleiadians - I asked about this type of ET here on a board and was told the description I gave matched what the Pleiadians are to look like.

Thanks for letting me share, for providing new and interesting concepts for me to reel about for a few days. If I don't cut down my ATS time my lil head is going to pop off with so many various theories, conspiracies, and concepts.
Just have to be careful my brain doesn't fall out in the process.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
In my case my dream (one about the biggest thing in my life) came true 14-15 years later and i'm only in my mid 20s

Yesterday to be precise... who said Fri 13th was unlucky

It will happen if you believe it and make it happen, even if it takes years

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I have dreams all the time but I only had one that came true.

I bought 2 water pumps that have gas engines on them. I ordered them online and bought one to sell. One ran great but the other one wouldnt start. I had a dream that night I was in the barn working on it. Everything looked like it realy does, everything was in the place it really was which is odd for my dreams.

Anyways in the dream I pulled thw bowl off the carburator and flipped the float around and put it back together and it started. Guess what I did the next morning? Went to the barn pulled the bowl off, flipped the float around and put the bowl on and it fired up.

I have the dejavu feeling all the time, maybe I always have dreams that come true but dont remember them.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

So for those of us who have had precognitive dreams, we have memories of being at this particular frequency of the dream spectrum, and in our waking reality we watch in some disbelief as it happens here. Which then asks, what is here? If here is that dream we once had, and now its our reality. What is the relationship between dreams, and reality. And since we create dreams, did we create that dream, that just became our reality? Aside from the memory of the dream, what evidence do we have? What can take us further to the answers regarding this enigma?

Very interesting comment. I need to think about this. I do disagree with creating a dream that became a reality though I can see where that might occur on occasion. I for one don't make any attempt to play out a dream. Often it has already happened and is telling me the meaning.

I have had precognitive dreams for a few years and often haven't been able to understand until after the fact, usually due to wishful thinking.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ashflash

Though when I didn't recognize a dream as being precognitive, I suffered the consequence, though it certainly opened my eyes

Amen to that. However, for those of us who have these dreams I think at some point we learn to listen, if we don't indulge in wishful thinking.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have had many repetitive dreams which are essentially trying to tell me something I need to know about myself. Once I figure it out I may have one more dream which makes me aware of the truth of my understanding...then the dream is gone.

How blessed we are to be able to see this.

" In the later days young me will have visions and old men will dream dreams"
from the Bible, paraphrased.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
The end result, this is a most fascinating topic for discussion.

Agreed, a very interesting and exciting topic indeed. I've had experiences like these, but mainly when I was younger. My dreams these days are still very vivid and tough to explain to any1 (including myself).

Unfortunately I don't believe one's dreams can actually tell the future accurately as so much of your dreams involve random and seemingly illogical things being strung together with half-truths and feelings of deja vu. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but it is highly unlikely.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

The way I observe it is, we are currently engaged within an experience that has a particular writ to it, such as... it entails a rule set by which we are engaged in the role-play so to speak of the experience which becomes our physical life.

It appears to me, that this reality through a technology that comes from dreaming, is a created phantasm of a Universal Mind of which we are all parts of.

A dream within a dream, organized by an intelligence which encompasses and permeates all existence, all aspects of thought.

And we as a sub-part of this Universal consciousness, fulfill the role of personality development.

What I have been observing is, dreams create reality. Thought create reality, and it may very well be that reality is really just a "movie" in the grand scheme of creation, or a "game" much like a MMORPG where we take on an avatar and play out some character advancement.

Physical Reality may all be just data that we translate and interpret as "reality", and again referencing dreams, reality is much like them infused with system within a sub-system.

It's like the Matrix really... this is a sub-reality of a greater reality that has organizers which weave and form the experiences of the sub-system.

These organizers are both the dreamers, and the participants.. they are us.

I have seen dreams from time to time come true which clearly demonstrate the formation of a dream, to the formation of reality as it resides here.

Anyways, just some rambling thoughts about the nature of it... it will reveal itself more over lifetimes I am sure.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This is like in the movie Dark City, where the Strangers use mass thought to control the outside world and change buildings in the city just by them all thinking it at the same time. They also stole stopped time and stole peoples memory to see what makes humans "human", though.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I have had them the most memorable one was when i dreamed there was some sort of terrible disaster on a hillside close to my house.

It was the feeling you would get if you saw a plane crash.

Anyway the whole side of the hill had this track of land like a motorway running down it. as far as you could see.

Few week's later the water compay was running a pipeline all across yorkshire for miles and miles maybe 100 mile's and it ran right thru the area i saw this devastation in my dream.

And it looked exactly the same.

Some thing's that stand out there was a trout fishing spot that i loved it was destroyed for a good few year's due to this pipeline being introduced.

Maybe the disaster i sensed in the dream was down to the loss of my fishing spot that was yet to come.

Strange indeed.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The dream thing - happens alot (seems like more often than not). But not all of them are literal.

Seems that more often than not, it's more like as I'm talking to someone I say something. Like when I asked my friend what she though about getting a puppy. She didn't know why I'd ask, since she already had 2 dogs. I told her I didn't know, just courious. (truth be told, it was just a thought that rambled out of my mouth - no reason to say it). Then a week later - her dog died.

Happens alot. And alot of times dreams (like one I had the other night about a train) will be, as in this case, not about a train literaly, but about a situation... stop "it" before it's too late.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am really grateful for everyone sharing their experiences here. This is in my opinion one of the most amazing, naturally occurring phenomena of human consciousness.

My dream is to try to solidify any factual science we can towards understanding not only why it happens, but how to use this ability to further improve our lives and the lives of those around us.

My experiences with it have certainly changed my life, and for the better in regards of how I view myself and the Universe around me.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have had several precog dreams. The earliest that I can remember was when I was about 5 or 6 years old.

I dreamed that our dog had died, and as I had no reason to doubt the truth of the dream, I announced over breakfast that Bit was dead. My Gram, who came each am to stay with me while the folks were at work, poo pooed the idea, telling me that it was only a dream....but later that morning we found Bit laying peacefully beside the barn, where she'd apparently died in her sleep.

When I was in high school, I had a horribly vivid nightmare that in an odd way came true.

The dream began with me and my Mom downtown doing some shopping. We had bags from a couple of department stores, and were heading back to the parking lot, which was down a side street, and back one block.

As we were nearing the parking lot we passed a very pregnant young woman who seemed to be in some distress, and saying that she needed to rest, proceeded to sit down on the curb at the edge of the side walk, with her legs streached out into the street. ( I recognized her as the friend of a friend, and I knew she was indeed pregnant. But I did not know her well, had only spoken to her in passing, and had not even seen her for a couple of months. She had long red hair, and in this dream it was VIVID!! Almost alive...)

The person that was with her told her that they had called an ambulance, and it was on the way...... they seemed to have everything in control and we continued towards the parking lot.......infact we could hear the sirens in the distance, getting louder by the second.

I quite suddenly realized that she was sitting partly out into the street, out of the line of sight of someone driving a speeding ambulance around the corner.......as I began to try to shout and turn back to warn her to move, things got weirder....

My Mother grabbed me tightly by the arm, kept me from turning, and she hissed into my ear, "It's too late!"

There was a squashing sound , and we were splattered from behind with chunks of something wet and red......I stood rooted to the spot, frozen with the awful realization of what must have just happened...

My Mother, seemed totally unfazed .....in fact she seemed positively delighted. With a knowing smile, she dug into one of her shopping bags, produced a mason jar, and to my growing horror, proceeded to pick up the bits and pieces from the pavement and drop them into it.

I woke with a jerk, breathing hard and trying not to be sick. I felt an oppressive sense of terrible dread.

That feeling of dread was still with me later that day when I ran into my friend who knew the girl in my dream.....I mentioned to her that the night before, I had dreamed that the other girl had gotten 'hurt', and gone to the hospital, but gave none of the other details.

She looked quite surprised and told me that the other girl had indeed gone to the hospital the night before and had to have a c-section delivery!! She and the baby were doing fine......

I still don't understand why my Mother was involved in such a horrific way
( in real life she was tenderhearted to a fault ...?)......or why I had such an oppressive sense of impending doom.....Or even why I would have picked up on something that was happening to someone that I hardly knew.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I am a steady dreamer (even dream when I take a short nap) ....
The only thing I dislike about having precog dreams is that I could not stop any of them from happening ...when I warned people they laughed or shrugged it off and didnt listen and the dream went as planned ...when I didnt warn people the dreams still went as planned ..
The few I did warn ..I wondered did I actually cause them to die by telling them my dream ...

Sometimes I wish I did not know what was coming ...because most dreams concerning me (except the personal ones that just deal with me one on one with the Lord) ....or dreams about my family ...I could not change ..even though I tried very hard to make them not come true ...

It is a gift and I do appreciate God giving me this gift ...but I sure wish that since he warns me of things to come .....that there was something I could do to at least change the outcome of some it ..

The only ones I can change slightly are the personal ones that God gives me to show me where I need to change the direction I am going sometimes .
Some of my dreams have saved my life a few times ....because I actually started listening to them and changing my course in life .. .but dreams about others I have not been able to change ....not anything that I am aware of anyway .

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Dream control is the only mechanism to taking a dream, before it comes true, and changing it.

Thought, and the way we think contributes to this ability.

It's good to think about these things. The raw nature of reality. The thick of it all.

A Universe of dreams, who'd a thought?

Apparently we did

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
In the army, had the same dream dozens of times, I was on patrol, walked out of the treeline and the shade fifteen meters into the sunlight, and was shredded by an automatic weapon, and in slow motion, I couldn't fall fast enough to the ground before I was shredded.

A couple years later, came out of the treeline, and there was the same little rise, same time of day, same spot. My hair was standing up and I had to divert our direction.

The LT insisted we hurry it up and cut across. I told him and the others that whoever steps out there will die with apparently such conviction, that no one would go out there, and even the LT gave in and let me do it my way.

I always heard that if a man knew where he was going to die, he'd avoid it. Well, I certainly did there.

That's happened three different times, and I've been able to avoid a certain death. I worked construction, and was getting tons of overtime working with the project engineer. I was asked to help break down the crane the following day after work. I told him this one time I couldn't help. Sure enough, the guy who did stay over was crushed when things went sideways. I mean crushed.

In the last dream of like kind, about six months ago, I was high up, at night, and in the distance saw a nuke go off, then two more, then another four in rapid succession along a more or less staggered, but linear line, along a coastline. I am certain that I was facing north.

Rattled, I immediately got up and turned on the news, but it hasn't happened yet. Don't know where with absolute certainty, but have a good idea from the curve of the terrain. Made me sick, as it was one of those dreams that eventually comes about. There's no forgetting it, there's no fading as with other dreams. Just a glimpse into something yet to occur. At night.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by dooper]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You are not the first person who I have talked with via the Internet who has saved their life thanks to a precognitive dream.

Lucky for you, you are paying attention. I am glad you shared this, it helps reinforce what I already know and I am thankful for that. Seeing others experience this is very assuring of our truer nature as a dreamer.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hi there.
I have had several dreams come true.
And several dreams i had years ago that i have never forgotten as i am certain they may one day save my life.
The dreams that have come true have been mostly rather mundane to date.

This one was 10 years ago.
My boyfriend of one week called me and told me his old friend who had moved 50km away was down for the day and wanted to go to the beach.
I woke up and within 5 mins my boyfriend called me,I told him to shut up before he got a word in and told him of my dream.
He was MIND BLOWN that's why he had called to see if i wanted to come to the beach.We are still together today and he tells me he would never had believed me had i not spoken first.

When I was 14 i had a dream I worked in an Optometry practice near my home.7 years later i was an Optical assistant and had moved away from the area the practice was located I ended up working there but did not remember the dream until one afternoon at my desk the mundane moment i had dreamed occurred and in an instant my dream came back to me and the memory of my morning the day i had the dream.

I have also dreamed of the house i now live my 2 kids and the postman knocking at my door.
And a few other boring events.Too boring to bother you with.
I do NOT believe in any practices of tarot,aura,and psychics and am rather at odds with my prophetic dreams.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join