It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help identifying an old horror movie.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

I vaguely remember, a ship being found more like a heavily secured pod designed to imprison the most nightmarish alien.

The thing was on the loose highjacking a human body, again what I remember the best was the FX when the creature was in it's natural state hurtling at it's victim, from just beneath the ground.
This was the first time I'd seen the special effect done and I found it very impressive at the time.

This is doing my frigging swede in trying to remember from all that time ago.

Change of subject - A scifi movie that was recently on my mind but I couldn't remember has just popped into my swede.
Lifeforce, a brit film from around the 80s but (for me) suprisingly well done and a pretty good tale. The fact that there was a stunning chick walking around bollock naked for the first 15 minutes obviously influenced me heavily lol. I recommend this movie to anyone who loves scifi

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Hi moocowman. Just to clarify for us North Americans, "Swede" means head, doesn't it? Anyways, I really need to find this movie for you. then I can have a look too. So I'll keep looking but anything that pops into your "swede(?)", be sure to let me know okay? And the prison ship. Please clarify, was it a full ship they found, or a super strong pod of a ship? Did the ship crash to earth, or a pod from the ship?

It's important so please try and recall. (ie; "rack your swede"?) Am I close to using this right? For the first time in my life, I feel like a "square" parent who's not hip to the lingo. LOL. And are you going to click me onto your friends list, or what, moocowman? (I asked you before but I'm not sure you saw it). Anyways, peace. We'll talk soon.

-Static Sky

[edit on 9/18/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
OK here's mine.

This man/alien sends out a flying octopus/squid thing to squeeze another mans head to pulp. You never actually see the pulp, just the blood running down the man's clothes. The movie may have been in black and white. I saw it in the 70’s and it was old then.

They had some sort of disagreement, the man whose head is squished is also alien I think.

That's all I can remember. It may have been a twilight ep.

W.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyrmbyte

Hi. Sadly, I don't know too much about any horror or sci-fi movies pre-70's. I know lots from the 80's and 90's, though. I hope someone else can find the one you're describing. Any "Twilight Zone" fans out there? Does the description above ring a bell?

Thanks for the flag, by the way. I'll do what I can on this but if a "TZ" junkie could at least rule it out or say maybe, it would help narrow the search. Cheers.

[edit on 9/19/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The one I remember may be even older than the 70's. All I remember is a vaguely insectoid green face floating over a city at some point .. maybe near the end and maybe San Francisco ... and somewhere in it probably before that they were cutting an alien open and this stuff that looked just like split pea soup came out. Seems like there was a buried ship under a city and they dug it up ..?

I must have been pretty young, I remember asking my Dad "is that where pea soup comes from?"

One of the worst scares I ever got in my life was while watching a cheesy late 70's horror movie called "Spawn of the Slithis." We watched it at a drive in, and shortly after intermission I decided to go to the restroom. As I was coming out of the ladies' room, I turned a corner .. and bumped into the Slithis!!!! Luckily I had just gone to the restroom or I would have needed a change of clothes. Turns out that during intermission they'd had some publicity thing going on with a guy in a rubber Slithis suit. I think I lost a few years off my life that night though.

Who remembers "Sssssss" where the guy turned into a snake?
"Humanoids from the Deep"?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

How are you doing, Heike? Nice to see you. The movie you described doesn't ring a bell for me. I really hope we manage to snag a pre-70's expert on this thread. I'll do what I can but no promises. Be well.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Yup dude, swede = nogging = bonce = napper

the alien craft was more like a pod ut not an escape pod, I dont remember if the alien was accompanied by guards. The pod was quite small internally if I remember correctly to convey an appearence of high security.

The incident with the ground being ripped up took place near some sort of construction site.

Side note --- Language on ATS

I have recently had the word SHIIT (with one I) removed from a post, no doubt because this word somehow harms someone somewhere.

SHIIT = CRAP = TURD = JOBY= POO = FAECES = DROPPINGS = GUANO = DOO = POOP = XCREMENT

It will be interesting to see how many of these dangerous words are replaced with a #

I also note that the word PISS is not considered dangerous on ATS , which is somewhat offencive over my neck of the wooods.

If I tell you to FUNK OFF but I remove the letter N,the word is replaced by an # followed by off, either either way the message is clear.

Bizarre dont you think?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

That first one sounds like Quatermass and the Pit - excellent film. A classic Hammer.

I love this movie.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Wow, you're GOOD!! From the little glimpse of the aliens and the "5 million years" which I now seem to vaguely remember, I think that may be it!!

Perhaps you should be the SME for old horror movies too!!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Originally posted by Heike
All I remember is a vaguely insectoid green face floating over a city at some point

I'm 99.99999% sure that's the movie you're looking for. The minute I read that I knew what you were talking about. You were right too, that is at the end of the movie.

I wish I could name more of them for people, but there's so many horror/sf movies and so little time...........

edited:

Here's a pic of the floating green head. It's tiny, but it's the best I could find.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I tried every combo of google key-wording I could fathom, based on Heike's description and you nailed it again Duzey! You rule!!!! Thanks for helping out here. Without you, and after my initial inquiry which of course you also solved, this thread would suck. I've been able to find very little so far. I've e-mailed "experts" who didn't help, I've read hundreds of movie descriptions to no avail....Duzey, you're awesome. Cheers.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Wow, thanks a lot. Glad I could help.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Just a quick update. I got "Strange Invaders" in the mail last night! Also got "Some Kind of Wonderfull" for my wife and am still waiting for "Can't Buy Me Love". This weekend, we're having a 'cheezy 80's movie night'. These 3 movies and maybe "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" which we already own.

We're going to have nachos and cheese, 4 cheese lasagnia, cheese puffs....everything cheezy but the beer. Should be a blast! Thanks again for eveyones help in finding my flick. I'm still looking for Moocowman's, too. But I'm not having much luck. Peace.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

"YOU S*** ON MY HOUSE!!!"

"Cant By Me Love" - that's a classic flick. I dont care if that costs man-points or what. I remember sneaking into "Lost Boys" for the umpteenth time after seeing that at the movies.....good times. Hell I'd still watch it with my lady
- I know she will be up for seein it again ....lol

[edit on 23-9-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

A classic. Agreed. I still have to get "The Lost Boys" and I think "The Breakfast Club", too. I just NEED to have some of these classics in my collection, you know? Cheers, Spikedmilk.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have one thats bugged me my whole life. If someone could identify it for me i would promise to stop killing puppies.

All i remember is that it takes place on mars, it's a very red movie - and at some point the people that are on it (can't remember if they are astronaughts or not) start to go crazy or something. I remember one scene where they all find this black man up on some sandy spot and he's gone crazy or something and i seem to remember some kind of helmet or mask that he wears like a tuscan raider type deal. I remember this movie had a very creepy mood to it. I saw it when i was very little and it stuck with me untill now.

Please help.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
well i did some digging, and after 30 years i found it myself! not exactly as i remember it but thats how she goes:

It's a mini series called the martian chronicles. written by ray bradbury. yaaaaay.

Seriously freaked the snap outta me when i was a kid.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by tasteslikethunder]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tasteslikethunder
I have one thats bugged me my whole life. If someone could identify it for me i would promise to stop killing puppies.

All i remember is that it takes place on mars, it's a very red movie - and at some point the people that are on it (can't remember if they are astronaughts or not) start to go crazy or something. I remember one scene where they all find this black man up on some sandy spot and he's gone crazy or something and i seem to remember some kind of helmet or mask that he wears like a tuscan raider type deal. I remember this movie had a very creepy mood to it. I saw it when i was very little and it stuck with me untill now.

Please help.

The Martian Chronicles

...wait - cant have a one liner - Bernadette Peters, Grrrrrrowwwwl!

[edit on 23-9-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tasteslikethunder

That's awesome! How ya doing, tasteslikethunder? I've had a terrible day and this was the most low maintenance(sp?) pair of posts I've ever read. Cheers to you, my friend. Glad we could help (LOL). Be well.

[edit on 9/23/2008 by Static Sky]

[edit on 9/24/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Oh and "Beastmaster", with Tanya Roberts! That's another 80's flick I need to own. I think I figured out what half of being a 'man' is all about thanks to her in that. "OOOooooweeeeEEEE". You know what I mean? Awesome stuff!!!
So awesome....dancing banana....and no pun intended.

[edit on 9/23/2008 by Static Sky]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join