It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help identifying an old horror movie.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Duzey. I'm honestly not sure. I read everything I could find on it on my first page from a google search, and I can't say it is or isn't. That's great in my opinion! I'm going to have to watch "Strange Invaders" to find out.

How on earth did you come up with that? Thank you so much! I'm a little excited now because THIS COULD BE the one I've tried to find for the last 10 years or so. I couldn't find anything on them ripping of their faces to expose the alien truth that lies beneath. But somehow, the name rings a bell and the image I did see, did look kind of familiar. I hope this is it and I can put this bit of my childhood to rest. Thanks again, my friend. Be well.

And I will try and find this movie this weekend. I'll view it and I'll let you all know if it is the one I was looking for. In the meantime, I'm having fun searching for the 2 other mystery gems that have been requested on this thread. So to everyone here, please continue. I'll be doing what I can. Peace.

Duzey, you rock! This could be it. Closest and most hopefull I've been in 10 years! Be well.

-Static Sky

PS; I'd click you onto my friends list, too but as we both know, you've been there for awhile. So keep on keeping on.

[edit on 9/15/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Count me in. Gotta appreciate one who appreciates cinema

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit to add:

Ya know, Duzey might be on to something... after reading your description from the original post, Paul Le Mat stuck out in my mind. As I looked it up on IMDB...guess who mains on Strange Invaders...Paul LeMat.. If thats your flick, thats a classic right there. Plus....Nancy Allen. GRRRRROWWL

[edit on 15-9-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I'm a huge fan of horror and sf movies and I'm not picky. That means I watch a lot of what other people would consider crap and enjoy it. The whole face-ripping thing seemed to ring a bell - look familiar?

**Warning - Face-ripping alien, do not watch if bad 80's effects make you sqeamish.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Argh Duzey, you beat me to it..
. I was just about to post the same video. Anyway great movie.

One of my all time favorites!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i've got another one, it's not a movie though. It was either "The Outer Limits", "Tales From the Darkside", or "The Twilight Zone". It was an episode about a prisoner condemned to exile from an alien world, so they put him in a pod and sent him into space, it showed the time lapse of him in stasis and when he reached earth and defrosted or whatever he was Hitler. I've scoured the internet for which series this was and i come up blank. Anyone?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
That video clip is right up my alley, definately checking it out. I just bought a set of 100 classic sci fi movies from the 40's and 50's, they don't make them like they used to do they, back when you could do anything with a space ship and nobody was the wiser that it really didn't work that way. Not to mention the make up of the aliens, providing they weren't robots, and the "special effects", absolutely horrible, but you have to love it.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AegisFang

I did a search for you AegisFang, and came up with the following:

Here is a Link of the Titles of the episodes for "The Outer Limits".

I read though some of them, but i don't think its the TV Series your looking for.

As for the Twilight Zone, its got nothing to do with a prisoner condemned to exile from an alien world. More on the Twilight Zone HERE

Here is a list of Tales from the Darkside episodes:

I had a brief read through them, and they have to word "Time travel" pop up here and there, but nothing that supports your brief explanation of the Series your looking for.

Sorry i didn't find anything.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Duzey!!!!! That's totaly it!!!! This is the movie I was talking about!!!!! I can't tell you how happy I am. Thank you soooo much! Jackpot, folks!

I followed your lead and found this bit, which I poorly described but reletively accurately remembered (from some 24 years ago)......

Strange Invaders

I've also called the 2 video stores (Blockbuster and Rogers), close to my home. Neither of them had it. So I just ordered it from Amazon for $13 CDN! The weekend after next, I'm getting chips, dip, beer, my wife....and unplugging the phone. I can't wait!

Case closed, thank you soooooooo much, Duzey. And keep 'em coming everyone. I'll keep tabs and help where I can. Be well.

-Static Sky

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

JDN24, thanks for helping out. I guess you were about to post the clip Duzey did, that proved it to me. Well done, and thank you also. (You're now on my friends list, too. Am I on yours?) Peace JDN24. Be well.

BTW, I remember roswell1 making your signature. It wears nice.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

No worries mate. Yea i was just about to click "submit post" when i thought i would refresh your thread page to see if anything had been updated, and sure enough Duzey had posted that video

Anyway awsome another friend added

~JDN24

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I really do hope everyone will keep on posting their 'lost gems', though. I'll have a riot trying to track down these forgotten masterpieces, and keeping tabs on this thread. I hope everyone gets an answer as fullfilling as the one Duzey gave me. Thanks again Duzey.

I looked for 10 years with no success. I posted on ATS/BTS and a few hours later, my search was over. This site rocks! Thanks all.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Well i hope i don't sound to "girlish" haha, but were here for each other right?

....or not :bash: haha

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

Cheers JDN24. Good friends are great to have. Be well and I'll see you around.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Cheers for that, here's a qupte I love - Roddy Piper in They live, when he goes into the bank with a shotgun.

" I came in here to kick ass and chew bubble gum and I'm all outa bubblegum"

Brilliant movie, has anyone here read DeanR Koontz Twilitight Eyes? Brilliant storry, I'm amazed how it's not been made into a movie, unless it has and I don't know.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by moocowman]

[edit on 16-9-2008 by moocowman]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Hey moocowman. I've been searching for anything that resembles your movie most of the morning. No luck at all. I'm going to stay on it but is there anything more at all that you can remember? I really want to find it and see if we can make this thread a perfect place for this sort of thing. I've also added you to my friends list. This thread has been great for that, too. Be well.

-Static Sky

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The closest thing I could find to your description is a movie from 1987 called, "The Hidden". Have a look....

en.allexperts.com...

Sorry but I can't add a proper links from work. I'll change it to a proper link when I get home. I'm hoping I found it for you though, so I wanted to get the link (even just URL) up ASAP, so you could have a look. Peace.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AegisFang
i've got another one, it's not a movie though. It was either "The Outer Limits", "Tales From the Darkside", or "The Twilight Zone". It was an episode about a prisoner condemned to exile from an alien world, so they put him in a pod and sent him into space, it showed the time lapse of him in stasis and when he reached earth and defrosted or whatever he was Hitler. I've scoured the internet for which series this was and i come up blank. Anyone?

Are you sure it wasn't from a series called "The Tomorrow People"? This is the closest I could find so far. The (URL) link is here. I'll make a proper link when I get home.

www.clivebanks.co.uk...

I couldn't find anything on the movie you were talking about earlier. I hope someone else can help with that one. Anyways, have a look and let me know if this might be it.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I really don't know how those last two posts I made have proper links in them. I can't click the little globe button at work. anyways, hope either of them help.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Thanks for the effort dude but unfortunately no luck.

The best I can remember was, the alien was insectlike and would take over the humans bod leaving the victim with wicked dark eyes and the occassional spike or two sticking through the skin.
#Who knows perhaps it'll come to me later,

cheers for trying

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Somehow, that sounds vaguely familiar to me. The dark eyes thing triggered it. I'm still working on it, but if it comes to you before I get it, please let me know what it is. Thanks, moocowman.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join