It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

APOLLO 19 COMMANDER SPEAKS OUT: interview by Luca Scantamburlo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

In belated reply to your question: Yes, the local people would of known if a Saturn V rocket was blasting off. The only way to get away with it would be to build the rocket in Nowheresville and launch it there. The claims on the website state it was at Vandenburg AFB, if that changes then the persons are reading this and correcting their errors to make this story more believable.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Yes, kidflash --- there is likely no way the local, densely populated regions of the West Coast of California would have noticed something like a Saturn V launch (~sarcasm~)

Forgetting, for the moment, that any launch of that magnitude must be Eastward, to use the rotational velocity of the Earth as an assist....that would mean that the various stages. as they were burned out, and discarded, would have to fall somewhere over the continental US....gee, guess that would have attracted some attention?

Some will tell you that there are top-secret (well, NOW not-so-top-secret) launch facilities in the Pacific Ocean. Actually, seems likely there are, since it's so remote.

AND, closer to the equator, better the rotational assist....and lots of ocean for the stages to drop into, never to be seen again.

It's just....getting that huge bugger all the way there, would indeed require a vast number of workers, one of whom might have talked by now?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by kidflash2008

Some will tell you that there are top-secret (well, NOW not-so-top-secret) launch facilities in the Pacific Ocean. Actually, seems likely there are, since it's so remote.

I found this information when I was doing research regarding one of my threads:

The Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site, commonly referred to as the Reagan Test Site, is a missile test range in the Pacific Ocean. It covers about 750,000 square miles and includes rocket launch sites at the Kwajalein Atoll (on multiple islands), Wake Island, and Aur Atoll. It primarially functions as a test facility for U.S. missile defense and space research programs. The Reagan Test Site is the name of the range that is under the command of the US Army Kwajalein Atoll, or USAKA.
The mission control center, along with most of the personnel and infrastructure, is located at the Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands[1]. Eleven of the atoll's islands are operated by the U.S. military under a long term lease with the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
Equipment installed at the test site includes various tracking radars, stationary and mobile telemetry, optical recording equipment and a secure fiberoptic data network via undersea cables. The Reagan Test Site also serves as a tracking station for manned space flight and NASA research projects.
Launch activities at the test site include ballistic missile tests, ABM interception tests, meteorological sounding rockets and a commercial spaceport for SpaceX at Omelek Island.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 17-9-2008 by ziggystar60]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Well. thanks for all of that info, kidflash!

Also, some great SCUBA diving opportunities in Micronesia.

Just so ya know....

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkraver

jup,that video is a fake...
an eagle eye you are, an eagle eye

I cant take credit for it, someone clever that commented on the YouTube video found it. I should have credited him/her for it in my original post.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

In belated reply to your question: Yes, the local people would of known if a Saturn V rocket was blasting off. The only way to get away with it would be to build the rocket in Nowheresville and launch it there. The claims on the website state it was at Vandenburg AFB, if that changes then the persons are reading this and correcting their errors to make this story more believable.

I don't know where you live but I live about an hour drive south of Vandenberg
and Lompoc is the closest city and it is in the middle of nowhere. They sometimes launch missiles at night They use to shoot them out toward Kwajalein Atoll.If there is a local low lying fog,which is frequent in the coastal areas,you can't see crap.
But 20 to 30 feet off the ground it is clear sky. I have seen minuteman test shots back in the day at night and if it is foggy out all you see is a glow in the sky.If there is a upper level wind blowing off shore you don't here it either.

Rocketdyne had developed a 2nd generation rocket motor for the 1st stage of the Saturn 5 which would have given increased thrust.
There were also 2nd generation rocket motors developed for the 2nd and 3rd stages too.All would have increased the thrust of the Saturn 5 to where it would have been possible to get it way over water before they were jettisoned.Even from Calif. or White Sands.

They even talked that a Saturn 1 with advanced, improved motors and a 4th stage could get a Apollo capsule and a lander to the moon.
Also the nuclear rocket for the 2nd or 3rd stage of a Saturn 5 was built and tested 3 time in Nevada at the test site. This could have reached the moon easily.

But I don't think it happened either.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JackHill

Do you mean photos like this one (AS15-M-1720)?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Call me paranoic, but that still seems to be airbrushed. And yes that's the still I was referring. I found the large version thanks to a previous thread about this matter, but that site seems to be unreachable today.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Nah, I was thinking more of images like this one..

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Lets start of by stating that this object on the far side of the moon is a real object and not, as some would have us believe, a trick of light and shadow.
What could it be? It definately looks artificial but then again there's parts of this story that I have trouble believing such as the EBE and the city footage.
This is what one person managed to get when he enhanced the photo's. All the detail of how he did it is contained in the picture...

To good to be true?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I think that image is from one of the videos from RetiredAFB, it's not an Apollo 15 or 17 image, the one I posted is one of the (at least) 33 Apollo photos that show that feature.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The problem is that those are images from the video, not Apollo photos.

If the video is a hoax (the most probable explanation) then those images are also a hoax.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes, I know, but when I download the original Apollo 15 picture and zoom in what I see is more like what I posted than the fuzzy blurry image that you posted! Be that as it may, the thing that impresses me about the picture is the way the nose of the object seems to hang out over a depression or slope on the moons surface. I'll be honest I think the objects real and the story as told by retired afb is fake.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Do you remember what was the photo you used?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I know what you're getting at. The images from the Apollo 15 mission and the supposed Apollo 20 images are hard to tell apart. The image I used was As15-P-9625

Lets face it until someone goes back we wont know one way or the other whether this is real or not. What I did find interesting is when Jim Irwin (Apollo 15) retired he spent some time searching for Noahs Ark. Ed Hengeveld actually painted a picture of him finding the Ark on the moon!

Now what does that remind you of?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
reply to post by ArMaP

Now what does that remind you of?
It reminds me that many people think of themselves as artists when they are not even capable of making a simple painting like that.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Surely you understand what I'm getting at? We both download the same picture and zoom in on the object. One person increases the contrast and decreases the tone balance and voila- you have yourself a spaceship! Another does the exact opposite and comes up with a fuzzy indistinct shape. . .
Oh, and by the way, I never knew you were an art critic!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I think that the difference is in the angle the light makes, in the photo you posted the light is very low, making long shadows, while on the photo I posted the light is almost vertical, making very short shadows, and that would be enough to enhance details that are not visible in the vertical light photo.

Having a sister that is a painter (and a good one) has made me see art in a different way, I see some of the telltales of lack of technique or talent. Besides that, everyone is an art critic, just ask any artist.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hi,
My name is "Vance" I go by "Vance". I've been watching the speculation go on for years it has been entertaining to say the least. I can't wait till some one actually reads the thread and figures this out all by themselves. I will be more open to these threads at that point - when someone heck, anyone catches on lol!
Love you all and no, we are not being visited by ET.
Your bud,
"Vance"
Retired and retarded in
Cocoa Beach, Florida U.S.A.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar
And your assertion is that they did happen because you say so?

No not at all. I'm keeping an open mind on this one. There is clearly something there in the official NASA images, but I highly doubt the credibility of the video's presented. The possibility that there is a spaceship on the farside should be taken seriously in my opinion.

Other than a knee-jerk, politically biased comment of irrelevance, did you have anything to add to the discussion?

I find it truly hilarious that you accuse me of not adding to the discussion while at the same time your first 2 post on this thread are one liners where you arrogantly state if we all "are aware that Apollo 18, 19 and 20 never happened" without one single argument. So before you accuse me of something I suggest you take a hard look in the mirror.

Furthermore my comment about Fox and Iraq is very relevant actually when commenting on your first 2 posts in this thread. If you fail to see why this is then you prove my point even more.

[edit on 18/9/08 by Fastwalker81]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join