It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

APOLLO 19 COMMANDER SPEAKS OUT: interview by Luca Scantamburlo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Nobody has commented because, like me, they think this is a different Rutledge! Your Brigadiers first name is John not William, and the Rutledge who supposedly went to the moon moved to Africa while the good Brigadier stayed on in America and, well, became a Brigadier!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

I second the motion!.

Highly unlikely, but it wouldn´t hurt to make a phone call. I would do it, but I am an ocean away.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Im not saying this story is true of false but to believe that the Government/Military never had secret launches is a bit neive dont you guys think?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
reply to post by Acharya

Your Brigadiers first name is John not William

The name is BRIGADIER GENERAL JOHN W. "BILL" RUTLEDGE, do you notice the "W." in there somewhere, I really hope you are kidding with me if you say that the "W." cant mean "William"

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya

reply to post by Acharya

Your Brigadiers first name is John not William

The name is BRIGADIER GENERAL JOHN W. "BILL" RUTLEDGE - Retired 1999, do you notice the "W." in there somewhere, I really hope you are kidding with me if you say that the "W." cant mean "William"

Perhaps instead of ranting on about making this call, you could simply look into the topic further and catch up to the fact that the supposed astronaught ( sic) is living in Africa, they are two different people.
Read Luca's interview with him.

Or maybe you could add another pimply emoticon to your paragraph, like this:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

"
The name is BRIGADIER GENERAL JOHN W. "BILL" RUTLEDGE, do you notice the "W." in there somewhere, I really hope you are kidding with me if you say that the "W." cant mean "William"
"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never said that the W couldn't stand for William! It most probably does. I'll say again, the Rutledge who supposedly went to the moon moved to Africa while your Brigadier stayed in America and climbed the promotion ladder. I'm afraid you're going out of your way to look for an argument which I am not going to give you.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

your Brigadier stayed in America and climbed the promotion ladder. I'm afraid you're going out of your way to look for an argument which I am not going to give you.

There are many possibilities. Perhaps he moved to Africa in 1998, where his army bio ends, and not in 1990? Perhaps the interview is fake, just some guy wanting to get more hits to his web site, or dis-information. I mean, what proof do you have that the interviews are real? Or perhaps the interview has wrong details, either by error or planted for purposes unknown. The best lie is a lie with truths in it, when someone scrutinizes the claim, he or she finds some truth and often immidiatly believes the whole story - including the lies. How far down does the rabbit hole go, do you really want to know?

There is an easy way of settling this - Just call him and ask!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

If you believe this Brigadier is are man why don't you phone him? And using your propensity not to believe a word anyone says, when he tells you you have the wrong man you can come back on here and tell us all how he openly lied to you!

Or, just maybe, you have the wrong man!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

As I mentioned in my post, I am not gonna try and call people in the US from nothern europe, costs a fortune.

You are just picking for a fight, and your not getting it from me buddy...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Mintwithahole.

As I mentioned in my post, I am not gonna try and call people in the US from nothern europe, costs a fortune.

You are just picking for a fight, and your not getting it from me buddy...

The words, pot, kettle and black immediately spring to mind!
Seriously, this is not the William Rutledge we are looking for. Another reason to not bother pursuing this man is the fact that he's American were as the man we're looking for hails from Belgium.
Sorry to rain on your parade but you're barking up the wrong tree.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Anyways, as is proved in this thread, at least one video of the Apollo 20 videos shows clear sign of layering. Layering is a video editing tecnique where one layers several pieces of video on top of eachother to create a scene. One example would be to film a landscape in the background, and then put a film of yourself as a layer on top in a video editing program to create the illusion of you being somewhere you had not been.

On this Apollo 20 video at 5:34 you can see through the scientist guy in the with robe if you look at the bottom of him you see the background straight through him. He is just a video layer that is placed above another video layer. Case closed imho.

At 5:34 into this Apollo 20 video you can see that the person is just a video layer on top of the background; you can see this on the bottom of the person since the top video layer is not big enough to cover the whole picture and so you can see the background through it. Proof of video editing in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It seems to me that someone went to a lot of effort since this story first appeared, to make the whole thing look ridiculous, that alone would normally have members on ATS running around like headless chickens to really get to the bottom of it all, like the OP, he seems to have spent a lot of his time researching and chasing this story, with a small amount of success.

I spoke to a well respected member only a few days back about Apollo being used for other motives, but what i was talking about involved Apollo 8 & 9, it is not directly related to Apollo 18-19-20, but if they pulled off what were supposed to have done, then im certain that they could have achieved this.

People are always going on about how the Military are 50 years ahead of what we know for sure, so why is this so unbelievable? i think its called compartmentalization, a way of achieving a goal, while the whole truth would only be known by very few, but down the line many thousands of people took part.

Sure there are pieces of Apollo laying around museums, yet again i point to the fact that while the official project was there for people to comment on, behind the scenes a lot more was happening, with enough effort inside the US Military, anything can be achieved right in front of our noses, and if a disinfo campaign was started to keep this under wraps, then it worked on the most part, all there is left are small parts of a huge story.

Don't get me wrong, what people believe is their business, I've never been one to try and change a persons mind, its a fruitless expedition, but when i see ATS members stamp their feet and say, it did not happen, its BS, not possible, then i say why now? why this story? what is so different between this and say a mile wide triangle hovering over a major city?

It is not impossible, or improbable from what I've been witnessing this last year, there is always a way to achieve everything you put your mind too.

What i fear most about this story, is the well being of those involved, if the story is true, and it is covered up, then i fear so will the men who took part, sure it may all turn out to be total crap, but enough of what i have heard tells me there is more evidence than a lot of stories that break here on ATS.

I probably lost a lot of you about 100 words into this post, it isn't my fault some lack the attention span, and i'm sorry if that sounded rude, there is a hell of a lot more to this story if you dig and follow the bread crumbs, forget about Vandenberg or wherever it was, forget about the logistics, because anyone who knows their stuff knows it could be done, even forget about the astronauts for now, and ask yourself, if this happened, then where on Earth could it have been done, follow the logistical path from the answer you get, what was happening on our little World on and before and after the days this is reported to have happened, could something have distracted everyone enough to yawn?

Remember Apollo 13? when this flight took place, the popularity of the Moon missions had dropped a huge way, then almost disaster had everyone watching again, once the attention level drops to a certain point, then you have a window of opportunity, also there was no way to spread a launch like this back then, we had no internet, so it would have been a local event, easily cleared up and hushed up.

IMO impossible has no place here, of course it was possible.

jra

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Im not saying this story is true of false but to believe that the Government/Military never had secret launches is a bit neive dont you guys think?

You simply cannot launch a rocket secretly. A rocket launch is never a small event and there are only a few select places they can launch from. A rockets cargo can be classified. And there are rockets launched with classified cargo every so often, but the rocket launches themselves are announced a few days before it happens.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I'm afraid you're going out of your way to look for an argument which I am not going to give you.

I dont want to fight, I just want the truth. Im passionate for the truth. Lies makes us into the slaves of those with knowledge. Im sorry for acting it out on you

-A

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Heywood Floyd

"

If nothing more comes of this I would really like to know how cold the Cold War really was?

I think you might be on to something. It appears everyone needs an enemy. If you don't have one, you create one. The US has pissed in every bowl of corn flakes around lately, but in the before time, things were running quite smoothly. We had big bad Russia (USSR) that we were supposed to be afraid of. Then they fell apart and we needed a new bad guy. 'Poof!' Osama Bin Laden. Now we try to find him day in and day out, we send out highly trained special forces in to search for a guy who has probably been dead for 3 years. Bit he still fits the bill as the bad guy. Soon, it will seem impossible that he still exists as he hasn't been in public for years. So we need another bad guy. A formitable opponent. Iran won't do as they aren't big enough to threaten us for years to come, but Russia, another cold war to distract everyone's attention like a good magician. With a little slight of hand, we have a new cold war and money can be spent "for our own good" again without our concent.

on topic, What could our involvement be on the moon. Is it possible that we have a very cozy relationship with Russia and we work togeather on moon projects and put on a magic show for the public?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

as his bio makes ZERO mention of ANY involvement in the space program do you really think he would confess to a " cold caller " ringing him to ask ???

you wonder why he got his gongs - have you read the bio ??? the reason is in there

an officer with such a long and hi profile careeer cannot simply forge his bio - too many people he served with would read it and know it was fake

and he cannot simply ` drop out ` to serve in the " secret space program " then simply re-enter his mainstream carrreer

you are simply grasping at straws

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Hi, you have nothing to apologise for. We all share that basic need for the truth. Thats why we're here on ATS to begin with. But we need to present hard facts and do the serious research or we're just going to get laughed out of court. For instance, I have a real feeling that the Apollo 19 and 20 missions happened and they did go to investigate the object on the far side of the moon, but like so many have said on this thread, you cannot disguise a Saturn 5 launch! How did they do it?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
One slight problem here.

The Apollo 19 CSM (#115) is currently displayed on the Saturn V located at the Johnson Space Center. Its LM (LM-13, originally earmarked for Apollo 18) was only partially completed by Grumman and is now on display at the Cradle of Aviation Museum on Long Island.

Are you saying that the contractors slipped in an extra CSM and LEM into their production schedules without anyone noticing?

Here we go again................................

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
One slight problem here.

The Apollo 19 CSM (#115) is currently displayed on the Saturn V located at the Johnson Space Center. Its LM (LM-13, originally earmarked for Apollo 18) was only partially completed by Grumman and is now on display at the Cradle of Aviation Museum on Long Island.

Are you saying that the contractors slipped in an extra CSM and LEM into their production schedules without anyone noticing?

Here we go again................................

Why not? After all they built the ones that are housed at JSC years before they were due to be launched! Put aside your sceptical head for a moment and think about what could be learned if there truly was a craft on the far side of the moon. The technology that could be just sitting there waiting to be rediscovered could take mankind thousands of years forward overnight!
If it's there, and the Apollo 15 and 17 pictures show something large is there, then do you really think the government would let such an opportunity to get there hands on some out of this world technology pass for the sake of ordering a couple of more CSMs and LEMs?
And as for nobody noticing. . . How do we know who built these extra CSMs etc? Do you really know what happened in Roswell? How about what goes on in Area 51? What landed in Rendlesham forest? Who shot Kennedy? Hell, right now I don't know whats going on right outside my own front door!!!
Once you have the plans anyone, absolutely anyone, could have manufactured them.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Again, you all do realize there was no Apollo mission 18, 19 or 20?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join