It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA and the Galveston West End Cover up

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

I like your guess better.

What's your guess on the gray cars?

[edit on 15-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Please be aware that much of the silence may be to help property owners of whatever is left. Looters are just waiting to get there, and may by boat if possible. If the law enforcement officers are not able to get in, they may not want anyone to know that. Be patient, have faith in GOD, and leave it in His hands.

As far as the new stations are doing, I think they have done an excellent job. I was in Lufkin and was able to keep up with everything very well with Channel 11 and 2. I could not have been happier with the coverage. I am from a coastal area just west of Freeport and stayed tune and was able to keep abreast.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by darkelf

Those are real good guesses. I think you are right about most of those.

I assume the red one is some sort of fire/rescue. (Saw at least two others like it.)

That's what I was thinking. But if those are morgue trucks, could be why they don't want us to know.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

The gray trucks could be utility trucks. Kind of hard to guess when they are so tiny and the noaa links don't work for me.

KTK

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Water trucks????

One essential that all rescuers will need.

Refrigerated trucks???? you do the math

I dont wish to be morbid but the historical perspective I was given pages back was revealing. Back then they were so overwhelmed with the casulaties that they gave them sea burials, only to have them come back to shore a few days later. They had to use pyriahs to deal with it, the highest estimate was 12 000 people. If there is a media blackout because of a similar situation then it will be days if not weeks before it is lifted.

As an outsider Im only gleaning the situation from the facts presented in this thread. I have been watching this thread for a few days now and there still has not been any breakthough. Something stinks and the proof is in the pudding. The naysayers seem to come in with political baggage which is obvious to outsiders looking in.

OT sorta
I find it highly entertaining when newbs take on val, even some oldies have no idea who are what they are taking on. I should stalk more of vals threads just for entertainment purposes.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I just did a similar pass on Bolivar, west to east to Crystal City.

Not a single SAR vehicle.

The devastation is shocking.

I was comparing Gooogle images with the NOAA images. :shk:

Bad. Real bad.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I was doing that earlier, before the noaa images stopped working for me. It's really bad.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbluesky

Puleese!!! How dare they enter politics. Look around! Wake Up! It's all about politics. Especially in an election year. If you think its ever not about politics in regard to any politician (of any party) especially to a GOP politician then you're a fool. I agree that dead bloated bodies are inappropriate to be plastered across the tv or internet but with the magic of image editing software they can be removed from photos and the remaining devestation shown. It would be appropriate to notify viewers that the images had been edited to remove disturbing content and to allow time to notify next of kin.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
So.. I take it that there isnt a cover-up in this case? No issues with the BSL4 lab that was in ther area? Just curious that is all.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting thread indeed. My thoughts to those from Galveston, Texas. I'm from Texas, but I don't reside there anymore. My family is in Texas, but they're further south (God bless).

Anyway, it's interesting to read this, though I'll have to say that I doubt the media is covering deaths in Galveston. If they say there were four fatalities, then that's probably right as far as they know at this point. Since when has the media tried to hide information like this? They don't. Just this morning I was watching the news on the train wreck in L.A. and they had the names and even pictures of the 25 victims. I truly doubt the media is covering anything. Is there is any of that, then it could be the government, but I doubt that, too. Interesting topic

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
First off, I've noticed a significant decrease in the performance of my Comcast cable modem which began last night (09/14/2008). This is most likely a local (California) poroblem, but considering, the events of this last weekend and their actual/potential impact on the already reeling US economy, I have to wonder if there isn't some kind of access throttling going on with my ISP.

On topic, Controlling media access to a disater site may be a reasonable action, if there is an immediate concern for the impediment of on-going search/recue efforts.

Given the evident paucity of such efforts (50 vehicles, according to the count of one poster, which could fit on a parcel the size of a car lot if they were grouped together), denying the media access to all but two officials AND prohibitting the media from interviewing evacuees, speaks of something far more.

Consider;

If you are not allowed to see the area for yourself, you are not allowed to speak to any but one of two officials, and you are not allowed to interview survivors/evacuees; how are you going to be able to verify what you are being told by officials, who may have every reason in the world to mis-lead you with a "spin" on the facts?

"There were only 60 bodies recovered from area X."

But there were 10,000 people in area X before the storm, and we can't locate but 3,000 of them amoung the evacuees.

Were are the rest of them?

If everyone is kept in the dark long enough, the "morgue trucks" will have time to "clean things up" before anyone's the wiser.

"What happened to Bob and Carol and their twins? They were going to stay and ride out the storm, I thought"

"Must have gotten out just before it hit. Good thing too, their place is totally gone!"

And as the poor family is quietly trucked away to a nondescript plot of land reserved for mass burials, nobody thinks twice about where they went, or why they never returned. Most just chalk it up to a family that has put a sad past behind them and moved on.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Well, I'm pretty sure that SAR teams were all over that portion of the island.

Looking at the first 12 images, starting from the bridge and moving west, I count 28 vehicles on the road. Some are plainly ambulance type vehicles. Others look like police cars. (Two tone.)

*still looking*

EDIT:

Anyone want to guess what kind of vehicles these are?

ngs.woc.noaa.gov...

ngs.woc.noaa.gov...

ngs.woc.noaa.gov...

ngs.woc.noaa.gov...

How about this possibility... there is a Biosafety Level 4 lab on the island that contains some of the deadliest pathogens known to man and possibly others that we may not have heard of. If the research conducted at that facility is highly classified that may be one of the reasons for the complete blackout. maybe certain types of experiments went on in that facility that they dont want anyone to know about.. maybe due to the hurricane some of their "experiments" may have escaped..? they may just be scouting the area looking for any survivors as well as anything that might have escaped from the lab..? or been blown out of it? maybe containers with pathogens, or something else... just a theory...

Anyone watch the film Resident Evil...?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
[And as the poor family is quietly trucked away to a nondescript plot of land reserved for mass burials, nobody thinks twice about where they went, or why they never returned. Most just chalk it up to a family that has put a sad past behind them and moved on.]

Although I am sure this COULD have happened in Katrina (maybe did happen) And could happen in this case ...
We did have some Katrina people in our small town.They were given priority status in our low income housing apartments .(even though we dont have enough room for our own poor ) .I am not sure if they are still there or not .They were less than a year ago .(There was several familys )

I will let you know if we get any from South Texas .
We have salvation army camps here too I will be sure and keep my ears open about whether or not they come here too (They did during Katrina) .

Those camps here would not even take homeless people from our own town I wondered why they were allowed to stay there and not our own homeless people .I called once about a homeless person needing a place to stay They said no we rent them to churchs and stuff (They are empty 80 % of the time during the year) ..Yet they took a bunch of Katrina people for a few months..

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I have a good friend who lives full time on the west end, they evacuated, but I have been searching for news or photos of the west end, I found some last night on khou.com, there was one in particular that showed several blackhawks flying low over the areas (the east end is also not discussed and it's devastated too) any way, today I was looking at khou and the videos with the best footage of the west end and of the blackhawks were gone, like they never existed. I too have run into many dead links while looking for news. Today (from the Galveston Times on line) the Galveston Mayor shut down all news people from talking with anyone other than herself and one other official, and they seem to be only giving short official reports and answering very few questions. I am not normally worried about "our" government, but this whole thing is really strange. Also they reported only 5 deaths in a town where they said earlier that about 20% didn't leave and both the west end and the east end seem to be obliterated, then they reduced the number of deaths to 4??? did someone come back to life??? How could so many homes, with approximately 20% of the population staying, have been wiped completely off the island and there are only 4 deaths??? This all frightens me, frankly.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Was searching around for any word of casualties on the peninsula, and found this:

www.citizen-times.com...

Rescuers who did make it to the peninsula town of Gilchrist visited the few houses left standing to check for survivors and came back describing a scene of total destruction.

“They had a lot of devastation over there,” said Chuck Jones, who led a task force that landed on the peninsula east of Galveston. “It took a direct hit.”

One man who collects exotic animals was holed up in a Baptist church with his pet lion.

“We’re not going in there,” Jones said. “We know where he (the lion) is on the food chain.”

As of Monday, no deaths had been reported on the Bolivar Peninsula, which was remarkable given the scope of the destruction. Four deaths were reported in Galveston.

So maybe there is a ray of hope that at least 100's or thousands of lives were not lost. The devastation though appears to be nearly total in Gilchrist. I also read people saw Black Hawks going in and out of the Bolivar peninsula. I would imagine that might have something to do with the biolab problem, but I wouldn't bet on it. Black Hawks can be outfitted in so many variants for so many missions, there's no telling what they were doing unless you happen to know someone on the inside.

Also: judging from the major power outages in Houston from a pdf I saw at Center Point Energy's site, in scope, Galveston is a minor part of the problem from the power company's perspective. I don't know how that might impact the coverup, but it could.

Also: Here's a video from a rescue chopper posted on the Coast Guards site of an actual rescue, if you ever wondered what that looks like, here it is:

cgvi.uscg.mil...

Caption reads:
In this U.S. Coast Guard video, an Air Station Houston HH-65C rescue helicopter crew completes one of the first rescues during Hurricane Ike.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I hate when I get a bad feeling and then I read an article like that one. I believe that there is a reason to be highly suspicious of the storms and why we are having so many natural disasters.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ccgg77
I truly doubt the media is covering anything. Is there is any of that, then it could be the government, but I doubt that, too. Interesting topic

I don't think anyone is saying the media is covering up anything. The OP seems to believe there is a cover up by FEMA or W. or Spiderman. I'm still waiting for the evidence.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK

As an outsider Im only gleaning the situation from the facts presented in this thread.

Be careful. THe facts are strewn amongst the heresay and paraoid land mines.

I have been watching this thread for a few days now and there still has not been any breakthough.

What sort of breakthrough are you waiting for? What does that mean? Do want bridges to magically repair themselves? Clearly, this is a massive recovery effort. It takes time.

Something stinks and the proof is in the pudding.

The stink is conspiracy theorists with a sick imagination.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by necspe

The stink is conspiracy theorists with a sick imagination.

The only thing stinky here is a person complaining about Conspiracy theorists on a conspiracy site.

Not allowing reporters on the island..sure that is plausibly responsible but putting a gag order on everyone not to say anything to the press.... that is called a COVER UP!!!

What they mean to hide is beyond me.... In a related story Ike knocked out power to two million people in ohio and kentucky which are in states of emergency . The mainstream media has not touched that story....

Why?

KTK

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by necspe

Mate you are a troll...........

Seems you havnt been round long enough to know the personalities in this thread. They are the first ones to close the BS curtain on outlandish claims and vocally so. They are the the most level headed folk on this site, look at the past postings and you will see.

Them being concerned has peaked my interest.

Feeble minds seem to miss the point that there is a confirmed media blackout for the first time in history and you have the hide to tell us to move along.

(edited out by semperfortis)

[edit on 9/16/2008 by semperfortis]

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join