It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA and the Galveston West End Cover up

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is interesting from the KHOU.com Galveston Island forum:

"Unlike in New Orleans after Katrina, they are not spray painting a giant "X" on a building when they find bodies. Instead, they are putting discrete stickers on the buildings. On the one hand, government officials seem to be trying to keep the media from portraying the true extent of the disaster, but on the other hand officers are tipping off reporters about deaths and rescues. "

Link

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I have been updating my website with video, pictures, news and links since Ike looked like it was going to hit Galveston. I just posted some new news from a couple who escaped Galveston and went to Tyler (their former home). They tell a pretty chilling story, but the most chilling is their news of how rescuers are handling the dead they find in structures. Unlike Katrina, where they spray-painted "X" on the structures with dead inside, they are discretely putting stickers on the buildings so it is harder for media (handcuffed as they are) to see.

snarkfood.com...

and

snarkfood.com...

are the posts I'm keeping updated. They are messy, because this is a messy story. As a writer, however...and a citizen... I am infuriated by the attempt to withhold information from the public. I'm new to this forum, and am glad to find it. Level heads and good brains seem to be in the majority here. A media blackout is the worst thing that could happen for the people who may have survived Ike.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by darkmaster
Not to sound too cold blooded here, but they did tell the citizens of Galveston Island to evacuate before hand.

You are correct on all points of your post...but this thread is actually not about those who stayed or left, it's about the fact that those who left, those who have family and friends on the island who may not have left, and the taxpayers who fund the response to these situations are being intentionally kept in the blind.

That's right, I may have found out why as well. The vegetation line may have been forced so far back in the west end that it's no longer private property, but state property and that many of the houses that remain are now illegal. They have to evacuate the island completely before they announce such a thing to property owners who lost their home and property. Including this one big house that looks completely intact, illegal, state property.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What I find amazing is that there are some homes left standing. I'm sure they have terrible damage but still standing and the home next door totally gone.

I would suggest that engineers look at these homes that survived and make homes to be built in hurricane country up to those standards.

Roper

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
Or if you believe it is just an attempt to cover up of the exent of damage and death, please explain how you think this cover-up would benefit anyone?

It would benefit the Insurance companies. So they can prepare the
"Sorry this type of damage isn't covered under your policy" letters.
And screw the policy holders yet once again!!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The mayor of Galveston just said the hospital was heavy damaged. Is that where the bio lab is? Thanks

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Aerial footage of what is presumably the West End can be seen at the KPRC news website. Seems most of the homes are still intact, and held up pretty well. It not the devestation that occured in the Bolivar area. Makes me really wonder why the authorities have resticted access to an area that seems to be relatively intact. Very perplexing situation.

Positive thoughts to all those affected by this disaster.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Another site with excellent overlays before and after which also include street names:

jakeabby.com...

Valhall, I don't know how you find all this information, but I wanted to say thank you. The pictures on this website are something to look at.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't know how many are going to check out the jakeabby.com site that Valhall posted about but I followed one of the links to CNN. Don't know how many have seen this so I thought to post it on here.

Gilchrist before and after

[edit on 16-9-2008 by CelticHeart]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Sheriff's deputies will institute marshal law

BOLIVAR PENINSULA — What was Bolivar Peninsula is now three separate islands, and most homes there were destroyed. “It’s no longer Bolivar Peninsula,” State Rep. Craig Eiland of Galveston said. “It’s an island times three. The roads are cut, and the bridges are out. Residents won’t be back anytime soon.” No bodies have been found, but officials said the situation was grim. “I’m not Pollyanna,” County Judge Jim Yarborough said. “I think we’ll find some. We certainly expect to find some.” Yarborough said emergency crews were on the ground. He urged the remaining 300 residents to leave on emergency boats and helicopters. By next week, sheriff’s deputies will institute marshal law, forcing remaining residents out of the area. Transportation to the area is cut off. The Bolivar Ferry will be down for months. There is no estimate on when the service will return.

Bolivar Devastated

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Wrong.

There are more than 2 bridges that connect the islands.

You of all people should know that after scouring NOAA images.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Very interesting link
So Agenda 21 in progress

[Building may not be an option
Patterson says erosion imminent and communities won't be the same
By MATTHEW TRESAUGUE
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle
Sept. 15, 2008, 10:58PM

The impulse to rebuild follows any catastrophe, but homeowners and public officials are facing questions of whether parts of the hurricane-ravaged Texas coastline will even be salvageable.

Hurricane Ike all but erased the communities of Gilchrist and Crystal Beach along the Bolivar Peninsula.]

[Restoration on hold
The latest hurricane means that the state's multimillion-dollar effort to restore beaches will be on hold, including a $13.5 million project to restore at least 3 miles of eroded Galveston beaches west of the Seawall.

Along the Bolivar Peninsula, more than 100 feet of beach disappeared in Ike's wake, with floodwaters pouring over sand socks and into neighborhoods.

After surveying the coastline by air for the second time in two days, Patterson said it's unlikely that Gilchrist would be rebuilt beyond a "beer joint and bait camp" and questioned whether Rollover Pass should be closed.

The man-made pass linking the East Bay to the Gulf is a popular fishing spot, but it has created severe erosion problems on the peninsula, Patterson said.

In Surfside Beach, the hurricane destroyed 10 of 14 houses at the center of a legal dispute involving Patterson.

The homeowners sued him even after he offered them $50,000 apiece of state money to move their houses from areas that obstructed public access to the beach.]

(This is just a snippet ..read full article at link)
www.chron.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbluesky

Ahhhhh, common sense finally.

This is what I've been saying all along.

You CY's give the PTB too much credit.

Covering up a massive disaster on this scale is ridiculous.

Why?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
reply to post by Valhall

Wrong.

There are more than 2 bridges that connect the islands.

You of all people should know that after scouring NOAA images.

I'll give you a little time to re-think your position.

If you're talking about the bridge to Pelican Island, it doesn't go anywhere but Pelican Island...so it's a moot point and not related to the discussion in which I referred to the two bridges that people can access the island from the mainland. (Nobody lives on Pelican Island (short of the student body) - unless you're headed to the biodefense lab or an industrial park you're not going to give a poop about that bridge.)

[edit on 9-16-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I was referring to the numerous bridges on the island that are destroyed. Not the bridges that connect the mainland.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
reply to post by Valhall

I was referring to the numerous bridges on the island that are destroyed. Not the bridges that connect the mainland.

That's nice - I wasn't.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind all the satellite images so many of you are posting of utility and emergency trucks. Are you implying they are actually NWO vehicles in disguise? Is that the cover up/conspiracy? What is the purpose of the images?.

If this thread was titled say ....."Galveston Island post Ike image repository" I could understand. But what are these images adding to the discussion of a cover up?

Just curious.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by necspe]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mantic
What type of predators are in those waters or could have been brought in land due to the storm? What role, if any, could they be playing in a media blackout?

I think that the powers that be want to get a firm grip on the casualties and get their SAR and aid to victims together. They don't need more egg on their face.

For the conspriacists:
Perhaps something was blown onto shore from the depths.
Something uncovered in the sand.
Isn't there some ship laden with California Gold Rush that went down in those waters?
Ancient artifacts or alien craft?

[edit on 16-9-2008 by mantic]

Now this is something I can get my head around.

Starred for adding to the discussion.

Perhaps Davy Jones locker!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by necspe
I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind all the satellite images so many of you are posting of utility and emergency trucks. Are you implying they are actually NWO vehicles in disguise? Is that the cover up/conspiracy? What is the purpose of the images?.

If this thread was titled say ....."Galveston Island post Ike image repository" I could understand. But what are these images adding to the discussion of a cover up?

Just curious.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by necspe]

So you can read the pictures but you can't read the words in the posts? That's odd.

They were trying to figure out WHAT kind of trucks they were...cherry pickers, excavators, refrigerated trucks, ambulances, mobile morgues, etc.

They never mentioned NWO - that one came out of your head.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If I need to put that response in cartoon form, let me know and I'll whip a Dilbert up for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join