It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA and the Galveston West End Cover up

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Sorry, new here. I will pay more attention in the future!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Of course we care. Thats why we are on this thread to begin with. Still I would like to know the fate of those prisoners that were not evacuated to a different jail from the Galveston jails.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ppskylight
This is ridiculous, there is no coverage of the area because rescue efforts are being put front and center, the last thing EMS needs to be worrying about is rescuing REPORTERS and stopping LOOTERS when there are still people out there that need help! I have seen no evidence of anything sinister in this entire thread, its ALL hearsay. Somebody close this thread, this is plain and simple disinformation. There are no mass casualties in Texas.

This thread is not about mass casualties in Texas.

*SNIP* if you don't want to be on this thread. Don't you dare use your opinionated censoring bullcrap on me.

Moderator-Note: Profanity Removed. Please Review this Link:
Profanity & Automatic Censors

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
More indications of a non-trivial spill/release into the Gulf. This is a screencap of MSNBC's hi-def pictures of High Island (on the northeast end of Bolivar Peninsula). Again, this is not a small spill...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HERACAT
reply to post by darkelf

Sorry, new here. I will pay more attention in the future!!!!

No problem. I can esily understand why someone would not want to read al 20 pages. I sometimes just scan pages to get the gist of what has been covered. I often miss things when doing that.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
Of course we care. Thats why we are on this thread to begin with. Still I would like to know the fate of those prisoners that were not evacuated to a different jail from the Galveston jails.

I heard on TXCN last night that the looters were locked up in the Galveston jail, so I guess it's ok.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by ppskylight
This is ridiculous, there is no coverage of the area because rescue efforts are being put front and center, the last thing EMS needs to be worrying about is rescuing REPORTERS and stopping LOOTERS when there are still people out there that need help! I have seen no evidence of anything sinister in this entire thread, its ALL hearsay. Somebody close this thread, this is plain and simple disinformation. There are no mass casualties in Texas.

This thread is not about mass casualties in Texas.

*SNIP* if you don't want to be on this thread. Don't you dare use your opinionated censoring bullcrap on me.

No it's not about mass casualties but everything else ppskylight said applies.

Valhall, you started this thread with the assertion that there is a cover up. Are you any closer to exposing a cover up? No. The best you can do is post second hand reports. The media is banned from the disaster for the very reason the poster explained. There is no cover up. There is however a mayor in south Texas that regrets not kicking her townspeople out sooner. That's the only news here if you ask me.

Mod edit: quote clarity

[edit on 16-9-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I'm sure that they are taken care of better than most of the other people in Galvston.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

WOW! That's a pretty impressive spill Val. Where do you suppose it's coming from?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by necspe

Valhall, you started this thread with the assertion that there is a cover up. Are you any closer to exposing a cover up? No.

I still feel hinky.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
this may be a little off topic but, my family is in kingwood and i have been texting them information from khou from where i am in san antonio, they are quite confused, they are out of power and water and they say the area is pretty messed up with down trees and they have not seen anyone attempting to restore power, they are being told stories of successful rescue by both the media and i and yet they recall a very different scenario, they are incredibly distressed, could concealing the info in galveston be used in order to control the uneasiness and fear of other resident houstonians, after revealing to them what may be within the water, they seemed alarmed!!!!! this is information control!!!! because they can not see the images from the radio, the elated and enthusiastic voices of the reports have them believing there was minimal devastation, no chance of casualties, they think they are in the worst shape because they have seen no sign of power restoration or the cleaning of debris!!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Come on GUYS... Lets Get Back On Topic!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HERACAT

SO a cover up is off topic.

I'm confused.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hi Val
I have been reading here for years and I wanted you to know that your Katrina Camps thread was the BEST>.I read it everyday ..there was similar events happening here in Texas at a Salvation Army Camp and I wanted to post it but could not at the time (I could never get logged in something was messed up after I registered) ..Anyway thank you for this thread and please dont let anyone discourage you .
I would like to know whats happening around me not just in my own neck of the woods ..Everyone I know who is sleeping these days tells me they dont much care whats going on as long as it isnt affecting them ..And what they dont know is it will be them some time in the future ..
I care about those people in South Texas just like I do my own neighbors .
Even though I dont know those people down there .

Anyway thank you and please keep posting what you find out .
Some of us are certainly listening intently and do not mock you for your effort.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Ok, that is not a trivial slick.

But I still don't see a plausible connection to a media blackout.

What's your working theory so far?

I believe in hinky.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You know me, I rarely have a theory. I'm theory-less.

I'm just trying to find out the facts on the west end since the authorities have openly refused to divulge them.

*wanders off to look some more*

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

*loam does the same...*

[edit on 15-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Update:

twitter.com...

City officials asking people to stay off beaches. Worries about oil slicks in gulf. Other chemicals seen floating on water surface. about 8 hours ago from web

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Update:

www.khou.com...

this is big brother at its best. channel 2 flew the entire west end this morning showing each subdivision. i had no t.v. and my friend was trying to narrate over the phone. he said the video was clear and close. he said nothing of floaters. i've been waiting all day for the video. now that it is out, it is the edited version from the end of the seawall to the east. wtf are they hiding, it's already been shown live.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Update:

www.galvnews.com.../dynamic/stories/I/IKE_SCENE_OF_DEVASTATION

Grim scenes greet rescuers in hardest-hit areas

By JON GAMBRELL
Associated Press Writer

AP Photo/David J. Phillip

GALVESTON, Texas (AP) -- Entire subdivisions obliterated. Oil and chemical slicks in the surf where vacationers once frolicked. Longhorn cattle roaming desolate streets. But, most stunning of all, no more deaths.

The Bolivar Peninsula and the west end of Galveston Island saw some of the heaviest damage from the storm and took the longest to reach as flooded roads, high winds and washed-out bridges blocked search-and-rescue teams. But when help finally arrived to the last unexplored, Ike-ravaged area, there were few people around; they had either gotten out ahead of the storm or escaped afterward.

...Although the water had receded, the floors, walls and furniture were coated with a foul mixture of mud and refinery oil.

[edit on 9-15-2008 by Valhall]

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join