It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA and the Galveston West End Cover up

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by necspe
SORRY!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Update:

www.khou.com...

this is big brother at its best. channel 2 flew the entire west end this morning showing each subdivision. i had no t.v. and my friend was trying to narrate over the phone. he said the video was clear and close. he said nothing of floaters. i've been waiting all day for the video. now that it is out, it is the edited version from the end of the seawall to the east. wtf are they hiding, it's already been shown live.

That one just blow my mind. What *ARE* they hiding?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Update:

www.khou.com...

this is big brother at its best. channel 2 flew the entire west end this morning showing each subdivision. i had no t.v. and my friend was trying to narrate over the phone. he said the video was clear and close. he said nothing of floaters. i've been waiting all day for the video. now that it is out, it is the edited version from the end of the seawall to the east. wtf are they hiding, it's already been shown live.

This is totally silly.

How can it be a cover up if it isn't being covered up

Am I alone on this ?

It is either open to public consumption or it isn't?

Which is it?

link   
OK. Here is a wild ass guess...

Does anyone know of any annexes, facilities, or other property in the West End owned or used by the University of Texas Medical Branch?

link   
Has anyone considered that Agenda 21 could be getting closer to their goals .
Remember the Biodiversity Map where all coastal areas were to be considered Natural resources and would become more like National Parks areas in the near future ..Since so much of South Texas coastlines were pretty much wiped ..I doubt there will be too much rebuilding going on ..And today on the news they said that the beach was GONE in alot of places and there is a code on where they can build from the beach ..that will leave about 3 rows left out of about 6 (before the hurricaine) ....I bet Crystal Beach area wont rebuild much at all.That whole Bolivar area is out in the middle of nowhere sort of and the only things to see is across the ferry into Galvaston .There isnt even really any decent places to eat in Gilcrest or Crystal Beach ...Its pretty pitiful place (except for the nice beaches )..those cabins rent for about 600. to 1600. a weekend during on season and 300. to 800 during off ..and that town has been dieing for years ...last year alot of the Eating places were about to go under because no one can afford to stay there since the economy is so bad ......
I dont see any reason for them to allow anyone to rebuild that area when you think about the Agenda 21 situation .It is a perfect time for them to close it off and just say BYE BYE peoples to those who lived there ...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Val, do you think it could have anything to do with that lab?
Could that be the reason for the media blackout?
Now I'm getting worried.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Reporter Asked To Leave Texas Shelter

A Galveston reporter who evacuated the city in the face of Hurricane Ike was asked to leave an Austin shelter Sunday, she wrote in a blog for The Galveston County Daily News, as the staff said it made them "very uncomfortable for a reporter to be inside." “At first, the Red Cross wasn’t quite sure what to do about me, as both an evacuee and a member of the media,” Sara Foley wrote. Other reporters were set up outside the Austin, Tex., shelter and barred from interviewing anyone inside, she said, but at first the staff told Foley she could stay because she was wearing an evacuee wristband. After some back and forth between the police officers and the volunteers at the shelter, though, Foley said, the Red Cross and the Austin school district issued "an official order" that she would have to leave the shelter, which was set up at a local high school. While she was still inside, apparently interviewing police officers and evacuees and handing out her phone number for follow-up, Foley said she observed frustration and a shortage of supplies.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Update:

www.galvnews.com.../dynamic/stories/I/IKE_SCENE_OF_DEVASTATION

Grim scenes greet rescuers in hardest-hit areas

By JON GAMBRELL
But, most stunning of all, no more deaths.

[edit on 9-15-2008 by Valhall]

Thank goodness. I hope that this holds up.

The restricted coverage, or more specifically, the lack of updates from FEMA is unprecedented. But likely the norm of the future. The first priority is rescue; which isn't something the media "should" (should) be involved in. Imagine sitting on your roof and having a boat come to you, take footage, and leave. I'd be peeved frankly.

The media will get their turn tomorrow when the rescue phase starts to wind down.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

kick her ass to the curb

for the same reason a drug dealer would be tossed for selling

or a used car salesman or a lawyer, they are all the same

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I bet they do not want anything to get out when the you know what hits the fan inside of those shelters (Those people could be there for weeks maybe) ... like it did in the Dome in NO and Houston during Katrina ..

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Remember the Biodiversity Map where all coastal areas were to be considered Natural resources and would become more like National Parks areas in the near future ..Since so much of South Texas coastlines were pretty much wiped ..I doubt there will be too much rebuilding going on ..And today on the news they said that the beach was GONE in alot of places and there is a code on where they can build from the beach ..that will leave about 3 rows left out of about 6 (before the hurricaine) ....I bet Crystal Beach area wont rebuild much at all.That whole Bolivar area is out in the middle of nowhere sort of and the only things to see is across the ferry into Galvaston .There isnt even really any decent places to eat in Gilcrest or Crystal Beach ...Its pretty pitiful place (except for the nice beaches )..those cabins rent for about 600. to 1600. a weekend during on season and 300. to 800 during off ..and that town has been dieing for years ...last year alot of the Eating places were about to go under because no one can afford to stay there since the economy is so bad ......
I dont see any reason for them to allow anyone to rebuild that area when you think about the Agenda 21 situation .It is a perfect time for them to close it off and just say BYE BYE peoples to those who lived there ...

Interesting provoking thoughts and I agree on your assessment of the Bolivar/Crystal Beach area. It was pretty pitiful.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I bet they do not want anything to get out when the you know what hits the fan inside of those shelters (Those people could be there for weeks maybe) ... like it did in the Dome in NO and Houston during Katrina ..

So "they" as in " the government "are to blame for conditions because the idiots that stayed behind after they were told to leave didn't.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
reply to post by Valhall

Val, do you think it could have anything to do with that lab?
Could that be the reason for the media blackout?
Now I'm getting worried.

Good lord - I hope not.

There were rumors on the KHOU damage forums of some type of explosion but I haven't seen anything to confirm that.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by necspe

So "they" as in " the government "are to blame for conditions because the idiots that stayed behind after they were told to leave didn't.

What a totally moronic statement. She was referring to a shelter in Austin. These are people who GOT OUT.

Now what kind of bullcrap do you have to fling?

[edit on 9-15-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Remember the Biodiversity Map where all coastal areas were to be considered Natural resources and would become more like National Parks areas in the near future ..

FEMA is going to have the opportunity to buy a lot of land out of this storm. Which they will clear off and leave empty, so whether Agenda 21 is a reality or not you're on to something.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
[She was referring to a shelter in Austin.]

Yes I was .How soon some forget what happened during the Katrina ordeal.
Even here in Dallas there was alot happening at the Shelters EVERYWHERE When you get so many people all in one place for very long it gets very uncomfortable and people start getting all antsy and things get bad ..I can only imagine ..I would rather get a tent and camp at a park somewhere myself ...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

Sounds familiar dont it ? Same thing happened outside the area of NO I bet ..along the coast of Miss. and Alabama ...
Which is why we still dont hear much at all about those people (that place got wiped big time during Katrina) and their homes ..whether they rebuilt or not ...I bet they didnt

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Editorial: Media Black Out is Bone Headed

The city of Galveston made its first serious misstep in handling the Hurricane Ike crisis, but it’s a big enough mistake that it almost outweighs the many good things city leaders have done. The misstep was clamping down on the flow of information out of Galveston Island. Now, by order of Mayor Lyda Ann Thomas, the only city officials who may speak to the media are Thomas herself and City Manager Steve LeBlanc.

This information was included in the thread earlier, however, I found it interesting that the local newspaper chose to take a very strong-worded stand against the media blackout as well. Below, are a few more comments from the editorial with their rationale (shortened) of why this is wrong.

Why is this bad? First, it castrates rather than empowers department heads who should be treated with more respect. Second, the move will force reporters to go to other sources, and some of those may be less reliable and less knowledgeable than official city sources. Last and most important, one of the major issues facing the city and facing the media trying to tell this story is the many thousands of evacuees spread across America. They desperately seek information about their homes, their businesses and their loved ones. A news blackout will cause those people, helpless evacuees, to suffer longer. Not knowing the full story is the worst pain they face, and the city has helped prolong and make that pain greater by blocking access to news. But blacking out news at this time of extreme public anxiety is incredibly bone-headed. Mayor Lyda Ann Thomas and city manager Steve Le Blanc must re-think this disastrously bad decision.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So I'm going image by image following the main road...

Here's what must be a SAR team:

At least I think they are. I doubt those cars got there before the storm and remained in that position afterward.

*still looking*

EDIT: Here's another view.

On the beach, it looks like a jumble of trailer homes.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

reply to post by beaverg

Sounds familiar dont it ? Same thing happened outside the area of NO I bet ..along the coast of Miss. and Alabama ...

..whether they rebuilt or not ...I bet they didnt

You'd be surprised. The buyout is always optional and I think the offer is also temporary so land ownership by FEMA (or whoever gains control of it afterward) wouldn't be comprehensive enough for the A21 at all. But it could certainly be a first step if you think about it.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join