It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharia courts operating in Britain

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
www.channel4.com...

Posters .please watch this vid from Channel Four News in the UK.It's only four minutes long and pretty much explains the situation.I'm sure there are people who would disagree with the report in the vid but it's as suspected ,and I believe Nerforemore(?)posted a link to this,this is the same as the Beth Din courts etc.Sharia law will not apply in criminal cases only civil matters such as probate and divorce.I'm posting this out of fairness as I started the 'MIckey must die thread'yesterday.Thanks Candy

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Here is a link for the London Beth Din

www.theus.org.uk...

I post it to give you an idea about how religous laws can operate in a secular society and within the judiciary.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by candyfloss

Thanks Candy

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification

Thanks Candy

My pleasure,from a quick look over the thread I thought Nerformore talks sense.I think it's important to remember the issue being discussed is sharia law operating in Britain in the sense of being a part of the judiciary.Not replacing English Common law but being included so as to ensure laws are'nt broken as people practice their religous beliefs.If people have experienced or witnessed something different that's fair enough but that's the issue.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

This is stealth Jihad in Britain, don't take it lightly. They will start to heat up the laws with amputation and beheadings next, so don't give it a chance to sow its seeds in the UK. How can it be Sharia' Law? I mean to be in Sharia' law you have to involve every other law that comes with it, unless they are contradicting everything else and breaking thier own belief system up which is illegal in their concepts. This is where you can tell that once you open the can of worms it will get messy and harder to put back than open it up.

What they are saying is that they won't mix with Infedels and Bibles and crosses because it's Satanic or manmade laws.

So what happened to Great Britain being a save haven for the rest of the unfree world to find peace? Once you lose freedom of rule here and there I am afraid the people will go back to their crusade like instincts and WW2 and Bosnia will happen all over again. The only changes will come with war, society does not change that much, only destruction and death does come with it. You can not have an influx of a multicultural society without mini wars. Look at 'kings of New York' movie or 'Do the right Thing' with Spike Lee to see how bad things happen outside of religion let alone a religious political movement changing the society as well. London right now is not doing well, every tribe from different nationals from the world bring povety and war on the streets along with their cultural problems amoungst them selves and within. It will heal but not with continuous pressue of influx of people, because the sament needs to set first and that usually takes 20years in a country like Britain or any social changes to cities and towns.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This is part of the conquest mentality to overthrow the country from within.
All the slight changes towards Islam out of our Love and tollerance gets used to further their agenda without caring the least back. How much care do you find Sharia Law towards other religions and woman? I mean emotional blackmail is used to further the conquest of this law. Under the blanket you will find verses in the Qur'an saying its okay to lie to the enemy untill you get what you want. It is so full of tricks to gain momentum on the non-believers that playing victim with emotional blackmail with equality that they don't preach as a cover.
Eventually Sharia law here and there the Islamic fabric sowed into UK society will erode its host nation into a less free soceity where everyone else suffers without them giving a hoot back. The Middle East is built around this, that is why no one ever goes there to immigrate or retire in life unless they changed their religion because it isolates the world.

The problem is what if the Wife in this Sharia' law wants the British way out? Well by then she would have been taught that it's better to die than to follow infedel laws so she will be firmly submitted by then.

I have not looked into the Jewish equivelent but if there was then Christianity can accomodate it since the Old Testement is part of the Bible and has religious favouritism with Jesus being a Jew.

But unlike the Muslims the Jewish culture is a dying breed and its save havens are small in Europe. The Jews at least are in the UK most partly because of the instability of the Middle East since they have been continuously driven out throughout history. It took a change in History to help them back to Israel which was World War 2 history.

news.bbc.co.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 23-9-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

I've read your posts through carefully and there is alot to be discussed but i will make two salient points on your comments.From what I know about our legal structure it would be very difficult for full sharia law to be implemented in Britain.Laws have to be passed through parliament in atwo stage process -green paper and then white paper and then can be obstructed in some cases by the House of Lords.The Death Penalty would have to be re-instated as capital punishment was abolished in the Sixties for Sharia law to be practised.So you see there would have to be radical and extensive overhaul of a christian democracy that has a sovreign as head of state.Since the Muslim population is any a minority in Britain and is represented by a few MP's in the Commons and two peers in the lords it is very doubtful that a proposal for sharia law in criminal cases would be passed.

Regarding Britain's jewish communites-there is along history of this but there was a major wave around the time of the Industrial Revolution from Europe.Hence there are strong Jewish communities in London ,Manchester ,Birmingham and in Scotland which have been established for decades therefore there are the Beth Dins to deal with civil matters eg if a non -jewish man wishes to marry a jewish woman(as being jewish is passed down the matriarchal line)the it takes five years to convert and to be accepted.Also,jewish people are not lumped into one ethnic origin.Due to the diaspiora there are Sephardic-Persian and Middle Eastern and Ashkenazi-European.

I hope this helps to dispel some of your fears and remember there is a big difference between civil and criminal law.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Here are some stats and facts;

www.statistics.gov.uk...

www.royal.gov.uk...

www.statistics.gov.uk... for info on the Jewish population

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Now I understand the situation more as it is not as bad as it sounded in terms of Sharia law in Britain. But if it opens a can of worms, it will be hard to put back or take away without there being riot. But there will always be intollerant Middle Easterns that will do anything to change the democratic laws and even threat to kill when we speak up about Islamic history and religion.

This story below shows how much trouble our own system of tollerance is used against its own nation and people. Yes Sharia law is not at it's fullest but the rest of the religion is eating away at basic ways of life in Europe. This latest story below shows what unnecessary problems in cultural clashes it has in every day life, hundreds of cases like this happens in the West, where democracy is caged and brought to trial against it self through Islam. The racist label and emotional blackmail tag is on and they know our laws better then we do.

So he has been here two years, can not work around alcohol and probably bacan if he is that senstive towrds his religion and yet went to work for Tesco, is that a set up plan or what. Seems like it was made to bring democracy down to its knees.

A Muslim said he is suing Tesco for religious discrimination because he was asked to handle crates of alcohol in a warehouse.

Mohammed Ahmed, 32, was employed at the supermarket giant's Lichfield depot in September last year for a job that included transporting various goods on fork-lift trucks.

The Saudi Arabia national told a tribunal he had not been told when he started the job that he would be handling alcoholic drinks - a task he said was against his Islamic beliefs.

The situation came to a head in the run-up to Christmas last year, when more alcohol was ferried to the warehouse in preparation for the festive season.

Mr Ahmed, who moved to Derby in 2006, complained to Tesco in February, but claims he was treated unfairly as a result. After eight months working for the company, he left in protest.

Text

[edit on 27-9-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

you take a job you do it or you leave.

also the difference is that the Sharia Law has official legal standing where as the jewish court does not.

It certainly is a can of worms,

for instance the UN says you cannot say anything aginst Sharia Law.

ergo we have a conflict within the english legal system straight away.

Sharia Law can condemn same sex relationships but British law says you cannot, ergo Islam has precedence over British law or it will be subject to the international courts.

david

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Jews get the same treatment as well with religious courts - why are you not protesting against those courts as well? Cannot be bias towards one religious sect.

This story has been taken WAY out of contexts by the right wing media. BTW, religious courts do not apply in criminal cases either - arbitration is only used in a civil cases and means the court does not force terms (saving tax payers money.) Third parties are legally allowed to discuss the terms.

English Law allows religion to be used as a means of arbitration. Sikhism, Hinduism and any religion is tolerated when it comes to settling a domestic/civil dispute.

Either all religions are accepted as arbitration or none at all.

Excellent post and bumped for that reason, Common sense prevails.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
It would appear you need to brush up on your British history my American friend.

Many protests in modern times have been kept quiet and out of the press.This is nothing new though.The Peterloo Massacre(1819) was kept out of English history books for over a 100yrs and it wasn't until the 1980's when a plaque was allowed to be put up to commemerate the event at the place it happened,St Peters Field,Manchester.

The prospect of national ID cards, the firearms bans, the hunting bans, the smoking bans, the rampant political correctness, the weak criminal sentencing, restrictions on free speech etc etc etc - and barely a squeak from the affected parties. You have to go back almost 200 years to quote a "rebellion", hardly substantial.

The British are loathe to stand up and be heard, they prefer to avoid "a fuss" - to many, that's a sign of weakness.

I was born in Manchester and have lived here all my life,so i guess that makes my qualifications better than yours,and i know many Muslim families who have lived here for generations.They are part of the communities and intergrate quite happily with everyone.More importantly,they condemn Muslim fundamentalists and hate the fact that they receive abuse from the trouble caused by these so called "defenders of the faith."

Well the British born northern Muslims who murdered all those commuters in London obviously weren't the ones you knew so well, and you really should pay a visit to one of the Muslim bookstores in Bradford, the ones that openly sell videos promoting Jihad against the West.

I personally saw a group of Muslims spit on a British girl once on Manchester's "curry mile" because she was showing too much cleavage, at least that's what the barrage of insults appeared to indicate.

None of that happens here in the US, and yet we have millions of muslim residents - doesn't that make you wonder why?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
I personally saw a group of Muslims spit on a British girl once on Manchester's "curry mile" because she was showing too much cleavage, at least that's what the barrage of insults appeared to indicate.

None of that happens here in the US, and yet we have millions of muslim residents - doesn't that make you wonder why?

Doesn't seem to happen anywhere else either (excluding the Muslim nation). At least not the places I've traveled.

For some reason there is a lot of self imposed segregation by "ethnics" in the U.K. In the U.K, many male "ethnics" (enquoted because it is not my own description) dislike mixed relationships - white men with asian, indian, middle eastern, caribbean women. Unlikewise, they feel they can mix with white women. I know my stance may seem anti-ethnic but it isn't. Contrarily, I'm anti-segregation except for reasons of public health (disease etc..).

This segregation shows it's ugly head for personal, working, business, retail, and housing relationships and practices. The list can be extended into every aspect of U.K life where racial, political, cultural, social and religious differences meet. It is schoolyard bullying, oneupmanship and social awkwardness through insecurities. As with all schoolyards, the segregation's protagonists are few but the affected (who waste their lives to it) are many.

None of this is about Islam or law. It is about bullying. Too many lives have been lost to bullying already and it is time you bullied stand-up and defend yourselves from those whom seek to keep you segregated, from those whom continue to keep you from living your own life without interruption from others and without you interrupting others' lives. Whether Muslim or Christian, black or white, there is no rational reason to let yourself be prevented from living the life you can have without your bully's influence. Think about it. Who benefits from this segregation? It isn't you, I promise you. You will live much more easily and happily when you stop holding yourself in place because you fear what your personal bully is going to do and say to you and about you when you move out of it. You will find life more satisfying when you stop being a bully's instrument used to hold their competitors in place too.

Shari'ah being practiced in the U.K is hard to accept for two reasons: the questions of "Why should you be any different to us?"; and, "Why can't you just get along with the rest of us, like the rest of us?". Both can be summed up as bullying, the former because it forces U.K ways onto you and the latter because supporters of Shari'ah will try to force their ways onto non-Muslims.

Hard to accept or not, it will be observed because it is every true Muslim's duty. It cannot be stopped - what a person does privately will be done whether conventionally acceptable or not. We can't stop a junkie from taking drugs; we can't stop a saint from being holy.

When U.K Muslims stop bullying then perhaps the non-Muslim U.K population (the majority) will stop fearing the private practice of Shari'ah by Muslims. Notice I didn't say "community" because there ought not to be a Muslim or Christian or Greek Orthodox or black or white or any other segregated community. There ought to be only community.

Truth be told, we all have been toys in somebody's playpen at one time or another. The child might change but the game does not. It's time we broke out of the pen before we all get broken.

I've said my piece. I stand by it. And, it is intended toward me just as much as any other.

Oh, and please don't say: Why do you keep coming over to Muslim nations and blowing us up? I don't. The majority of us don't. And the majority of Muslims don't come to non-Muslim nations to do the same. We're all equally responsible for the deaths but some (from all sides) do try to stop them.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

To be honest I have heard lots of stories up and down the UK country where curry houses and Kabab shops have been investigated for food hygene who are known to be found boldily fluids in the food, (just think of some). Some of my eduction years around Asian students have all said these things happen, me thinking it was just prank talk at the time never took it seriously. But now I know it does happen and tests have been run to prove it. It usually stems from Infedel hate and the circle of the backlash racism that keeps washing up like the waves of a beach.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
To be honest I have heard lots of stories up and down the UK country where curry houses and Kabab shops have been investigated for food hygene who are known to be found boldily fluids in the food, (just think of some). Some of my eduction years around Asian students have all said these things happen, me thinking it was just prank talk at the time never took it seriously. But now I know it does happen and tests have been run to prove it. It usually stems from Infedel hate and the circle of the backlash racism that keeps washing up like the waves of a beach.

It's interesting you mention that. This is purely anecdotal, but a friend of a friend once came down with serious food poisoning after a night out that included a trip to a curry house. The health and safety guys from the local council paid a visit to the place unannounced and sampled the curry. My friend told me that the contents were found to contain a long list of non-curry like ingredients that he couldn't recall the details of, but one item certainly did stick in his memory, the line on the analysis report that began with "human semen.....".

The UK has created some serious problems for itself, it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out in years to come.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

i think that has been said about many places, i think a lot of these are urban myths.

In Derbyshire a similar thing had been said about a mcdonalds drive thru

david

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drevill
reply to post by Retseh

i think that has been said about many places, i think a lot of these are urban myths.

In Derbyshire a similar thing had been said about a mcdonalds drive thru

david

Oh don't get me wrong, deliberate food tampering has become an art form here in the US, nowhere worse in fact, and regrettably it has a racial aspect too.

But those affected aren't trying to take over and transform the country, but there does appear to be evidence of that agenda in the UK.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

can you imagine how any particular group could tamper with any take away or restaurant food and overnight we could all be dead

david

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Will you people get a grip, tampering with food, amputations, its quite obvious the gutter state owned press is doing its job well as so many of you seemed to have surrendered your brains and common sense to the anti Muslim hate campaign that is running at the moment.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

ive not read anything about food tampering, what i was trying to illustrate was that if needs be it would be a very easy target by anygroup

i word in a cantonese restaurant in my teens, some of things i saw made me think i can tell you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join