It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharia courts operating in Britain

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Sharia courts operating in Britain

www.telegraph.co.uk

Sharia courts have been operating in Britain to rule on disputes between Muslims for more than a year, it has emerged.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.timesonline.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Muslim extremists conspiring to overthrow Great Britain

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
well

Its here and its just the start. Where are we going to go from here? How long before a Muslim PM and a Muslim monarch?

Whilst I appreciate the sentiments that individual muslims are good people, and they are, Islam has taken a foot hold and this is a different kettle of fish.

Eventually something that starts is first tolerated then accepted and then expected.

How long before these courts are operating in every borough?

The UK is being sold down the river whole sale and it sheritage forgotten and trampled upon.

Five sharia courts have been set up in London, Birmingham, Bradford and Manchester and Nuneaton, Warwickshire. The government has quietly sanctioned that their rulings are enforceable with the full power of the judicial system, through the county courts or High Court.

The government is lying through its back teeth by not declaring this step and its typical. England should be ruled and governed by the english only. can you imagine a Canadian as the president of the US?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-9-2008 by drevill]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It's all fun and games till someone loses an arm.

... or leg
... or both

I think this will keep progressing until something drastic happens, like a woman is stoned to death in the streets for committing adultery or a child loses a hand for stealing a candy bar.

Even then it will only draw outrage from the international community, but it could be too late to do anything about it by then.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Or an Austrian Perhaps?????

Mod Edit: Full post quote removed. Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 16/9/08 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE
It's all fun and games till someone loses an arm.
... or leg
... or both

Well it makes sense in a way, if both sides agree to that type of arbitration. But where does it end? Sharia law in the case of murder for example. The murderer can be pardoned by the victim's family (usually the pardon involves a lot of money). Is the U.K. going to overlook crimes such as murder and allow that to be arbitrated in Sharia court too? It seems that such a practice would work against public safety.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Unbelievable!

Can anyone name a Muslim country where two brits can have their dispute settled in a "western" court? Of course not.

This in itself is a travesty against justice.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychopump
Unbelievable!
Can anyone name a Muslim country where two brits can have their dispute settled in a "western" court? Of course not.
This in itself is a travesty against justice.

Exactly. They are not stupid. You visit a Muslim country and you follow THEIR laws and if you don't like it you can leave. As it should be. Common sense.

They are proud of their culture, of their people, of their heritage, and they do not allow their cultures to be destroyed in an attempt to appease a minority of visitors or immigrants that don't happen to like the way they run things. Okay they may show a bit of leeway if those visitors make a MAJOR financial contribution to their economy in some cases, but they limit it.

The problem is NOT with the Muslims. The problem lies with people that can't seem to run their own houses or show any backbone.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There is just one thing I want to know. Do they don the white wigs and the black robes? And say 'here here'?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is just unfathomable, our justice and political systems were the template for most western societies. This is a travesty to our way of life and our history.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
In case my point was too subtle. It is ridiculous to be "angry with the Muslims". Be angry with your leaders and with your own sheeple for ALLOWING your culture and your laws to be overtaken.

Be angry with those that HAVE the power, not those that take advantage of the loopholes.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

look what haqs happened in sweden

the Integration Act of 1997 proclaimed that

“Sweden is a Multicultural society.”

“Since a large group of people have their origins in another country, the Swedish population lacks a common history. The relationship to Sweden and the support given to the fundamental values of society thus carry greater significance for integration than a common historical origin.”

Jens Orback, Minister for Democracy says

We must be open and tolerant towards Islam and Muslims because when we become a minority, they will be so towards us

i dont think the non muslims in Islamic counties will say they are tolerant and this is what the UK as to look forward to.

david

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Jews get the same treatment as well with religious courts - why are you not protesting against those courts as well? Cannot be bias towards one religious sect.

This story has been taken WAY out of contexts by the right wing media. BTW, religious courts do not apply in criminal cases either - arbitration is only used in a civil cases and means the court does not force terms (saving tax payers money.) Third parties are legally allowed to discuss the terms.

English Law allows religion to be used as a means of arbitration. Sikhism, Hinduism and any religion is tolerated when it comes to settling a domestic/civil dispute.

Either all religions are accepted as arbitration or none at all.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If this Sharia court system applies to civil cases betewwn Muslims, and other faiths have the same rights if they want them, then fair enough....I don't think anyone would reasonably deny them these processes, as long as they don't impact on criminal law, or basic human rights.

I have a feeling that what scares most people is the "wedge" theory...that this is the thin end of one, in other words, and having watched the Dispatches documentary on Muslim extremists in the UK, I have a fear too, that *some* Muslims....I agree a very small minority...want to see introduction of Sharia Law in the UK in all aspects of our legal system. It's a very scary piece of film making, that is well worth watching, and if what these extremist Muslim clerics are preaching is taken to be a serious agenda by even a small number of Muslims in the UK, we *could* have a problem on our hands.

_Phoenix_ has just posted an excellent series of quotes in another thread from the Qoran, showing what Islam is truly about and how the VAST majority of Muslims conduct their faith and their lives. Please find it and read it if I don't get the link to work...

Sadly, some of the people involved with Islamic Fundamentalism are so irrational and hate filled that they could potentially do much damage to our society. Surely it's better to make sure that there is no involvement of faith and State, whichever religion is involved. These extremist clerics are not talking about peacful co-habitation of this country as most Muslim citizens are...they are talking about enforced Sharia, total domination, and complete negation of our rights as citizens.

I do understand the need for religious courts as a matter of faith, for the kind of very low level offence that can be dealt with suitably within them. However, the British Legal System, although not perfect, is pretty damn good, and usually gets it right...adding yet another layer of complexity would serve no-one.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
if they try this sh.t in n.ireland there will be blood spilled..we have had 40 yrs of fighting each other to a stalemate..catholics say they won and protestants say they won and if these people think they can push there laws into n.ireland there wont be enough bodybags to wrap them in...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
I agree a very small minority...want to see introduction of Sharia Law in the UK in all aspects of our legal system. I

40 % is not a small number

source

david

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
if they try this sh.t in n.ireland there will be blood spilled..we have had 40 yrs of fighting each other to a stalemate..catholics say they won and protestants say they won and if these people think they can push there laws into n.ireland there wont be enough bodybags to wrap them in...

hello there

If muslims want sharia Law why do thee not go to a country that operates it?

More than half of young Muslims (57pc) believe Ireland should become an Islamic State.

source

david

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I stand corrected...a much higher figure than I had read about. Thank you for the information, and now I feel really unsettled, not because of any anti Muslim sensitivity on my part, but I can't see that this will be an easy issue to deal with on any level.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
forgetting for the moment that i am a Christian

this is wrong on so many levels, Like the EU where does this end.

Oh it will only be for that and this etc. Hang on, the time will come, IMHO, when a town or city with a muslim majority and sharia Law we deem that its law is for non belivers also.

Dont think it will not happen

Jordan informs European Union that Europeans are subject to shariah law

source

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
and what of the beth din? when a christian goes to Israel they are sunject to Jewish law ; the beth din also operates in the UK.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Any country that allows this must demand reciprocity. Those nations with religious courts MUST recognise the others or this will be one sided in the end. Yes Sikhs, Hindus, whom ever do have these same courts but they are NOT in the habit if demanding that any and all countries, with their followers residing there, convert or die and work towards that end!

Zindo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join