It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence that supports past life on mars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
mark my words phage I will find a way to convince you sooner or later that indeed there is life on mars.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Why would they hide evidence of life on Mars? There would be much prestige ($$) to be gained if and when evidence of life is found.

Resources...and it seems as if you not have taken into account the sociological ramifications of finding other intelligent life (is this an oxymoron?). Another reason to keep on the DL...

edit for clarification

[edit on 9/15/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Stop trying man...

Let me put it to you this way...do you really want everyone agreeing with you? Those that disagree may have 'several' different perspectives than yourself...

So changning the mind of someone else may prove to be counter productive, especially if they start speaking for you...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I want to be convinced. I don't think you (alone) are going to be able to manage it, but who knows.

The meteorite has been analyzed to death and there is no agreement about what its "clues" really represent. The current missions are about geology so the images we see are of (I have to say it) natural processes. Some of those process are strange and cool in their own right; co2 geysers! an enormous volcano! an enormous canyon! Most of it is just a lot of rocks, cool rocks, but rocks--geology. The vast majority of all that cool stuff can be explained (by very smart people) by natural processes. I think the stuff that can't be explained right now, will be, by natural (for Mars) processes. I also think those smart people want to find life on Mars just as much as you and I want them to but the tools aren't really there.

The current missions are not equipped to look for subtle signs of life. The next missions will be better equipped. The things that are found interesting now will be studied with a keener eye (and "nose") later. I'm keeping my hopes up.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Although the first example has been identified as water ice on that crater, the "lakes" were not (as far as I know) identified, so they could be water or anything else, Mars also has CO2 ice deposits, for example.

The trees are not trees, they are ground features, spider-like cracks on the ground.

As they say on that site to which you posted a link, now (since the end of 2006) we have a high resolution camera taking photos of Mars, and it has showed that those are not trees. Unfortunately, that site has not been updated with that (and other) more recent data.

What do you mean, "WE"? "we have a high resolution camera taking photos of Mars", you said.
It "showed there are no trees", oh well, has it been EVERYWHERE perhaps?

How do you know whether there's no VEGETATION? Or, whether there IS?

You don't know much more than anyone who looks at Mars and learns the basic knwledge of it.

It's easy to read Wikipedia. It's a lot braver to try and spot shapes or elements we don't know as such because they are ALIEN & unknown by us for now. You will NEVER get out of your little box on earth I'm afraid. Unless you try harder.

~~~~~~

Oh and while I'm there,

PHAGE:

I don't know why you adopt this little strategy of comparing posts but , if you lot are a little team working together, we are not, so stop associating MY POSTS with any other post, unless you seek some sort of competition, between posters, but sorry Mr, I'm not here for anything else but discussing SPACE etc.

And, oh, you're trying to say it's "NOT BOB GELDORF" on your avatar? Excuse me?
(unless you're saying else, in that case you would hint that you ARE the true Bob G, see, I don't exclude possibilities, in fact I was previously testing you about it, of course you didn't reply frankly. Oh, there's already Robbie WILLIAMS on the board, HE is NICE.
I do not know Bob G except that he is a brilliant actor and for his charity work.
True replies is what I like not hints, and I like discussing, it depends WHO with)

[edit on 15-9-2008 by MarsFanMag]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarsFanMag

And, oh, you're trying to say it's "NOT BOB GELDORF" on your avatar? Excuse me?
(unless you're saying else, in that case you would hint that you ARE the true Bob G, see, I don't exclude possibilities, in fact I was previously testing you about it, of course you didn't reply frankly. Oh, there's already Robbie WILLIAMS on the board, but HE is NICE.)

No, I'm not '"trying" to say my avatar is not Bob Geldorf. It is definitely not Bob Geldorf. Neither am I Bob Geldorf. I always hated tests. Did I pass?

Yeah, Robbie is nice. He makes nice music too, not really my cuppa' though. See, we agree on something. That wasn't so bad, was it?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So much in fighting, between skeptics and believers. . . .
I don't think anyone is disputing that most likely there was past life on mars, the thing is that if some natural disaster did in fact wipe out life on mars, would there really be anything left for us to look at.

If our own planet lost the people population for some reason or another, do you really think there would be much left of our civilization 10, 000 years later. Discovery channel did a story on this called life after people, there is even a thread about it here on ATS, and it details what would happen if the human population of the planet became extinct. It incrimented ny time to show the eventual fading away of just about every man made object on the planet without man to maintain them. If I remember right MT rushmore, the sphinx and the hoover dam were the last remaining objects in this theory, but even the sphinx, and the hoover Dam came crumbling down in the end and MT rushmore eventually eroded into something entirely unrecognizable. Yes this is all theory but based in fact as they visited abandoned areas that had no longer been kept up and documented what had already happened to these tructures with in only a forty year and hundred year periods.

Now lets look at Mars, to me this world resembles what earth could look like sometime in the future. Do you really think we would find something recognizable after so much time has past? I believe if we are to find anything we would need to send a team of archeologists to the planet wether they be machines or people to excavate beneath the soil to do the real investigation, this is where you might find cities beneath volcanic lava flows, much like many past cities here on earth, or maynee the tunnels of earth worms, small rodents, snakes, fosilized roots of trees, maybee just microbes or something similar to any of these. This, IMHOm is where the true proof would be, not in objects lying on the surface that could just as well be remnants of a crashed probe from earth.

Just my opinion tear it apart as you wish.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
even on earth civilizations were "completely" extict or wiped off the earth,
and still their artifacts are left behind, pyramids, statues, monuments, etc.
Same can be said for mars, if something lived there I'm sure it would build something to leave behind for others to see.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Yes but the pyramids were almost completely covered by sand and the sphinx only had it's head sticking out. It wasn't till more modern times and I mean within the las 200 years or so might be a little mor but not much that they have been dug out to see their current state. yes, there were some parts of them sticking out but not a whole lot. And if it were not for recent maintenance of the structures you mention, they would be in worse shape than they are and would surely be gone in mere millenia if not for said current maintenance.

I would assume that the same would be true fro structures found on Mars, where they would not be descernable until dug out, which is why we would realy need an archeology mission sent to mars, wether it be robot rovers or humans does not make that much different, but I believe it needs to be done. The only issue would be funding, and I believe any museum worth it's cred would be willing to run fund raisers for such a thing so they could be one of the first to have official pics of an otherworld archeology dig in their museum.

[edit on 9/16/2008 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I will die a happy man knowing life is really out there.....THANK GOD!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
even on earth civilizations were "completely" extict or wiped off the earth,
and still their artifacts are left behind, pyramids, statues, monuments, etc.
Same can be said for mars, if something lived there I'm sure it would build something to leave behind for others to see.

Steel, Glass, and most metals dont last more than a few hundred years before elements break them down. Thats why the only remains of past civilizations are mainly from quarry stones.......look for massive geographical disturbances and you may find your quarry on Mars.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarsFanMag
What do you mean, "WE"? "we have a high resolution camera taking photos of Mars", you said.
"We", human beings.

It "showed there are no trees", oh well, has it been EVERYWHERE perhaps?
No, in the same area where those other "trees" photos were taken.

How do you know whether there's no VEGETATION? Or, whether there IS?
I don't know and I did not said that there is no vegetation, I said those are not trees, just that.

It's easy to read Wikipedia.
Yes, but that as nothing to do with what I said, I never read Wikipedia about those "Martian trees" and I do not even know if there is any article about them on Wikipedia.

It's a lot braver to try and spot shapes or elements we don't know as such because they are ALIEN & unknown by us for now. You will NEVER get out of your little box on earth I'm afraid. Unless you try harder.
Braver? Why? There is no risk in stating our opinion on a forum like ATS.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Mysterious boulders, strange pyramids, amazing city-like structures and startling, unexplained "glass worms" are all a part of the enigmatic landscape of the Red Planet. But was there life on mars before? Is there life there now?

There was indeed life on Mars back then. But it is gone long time ago. The US Government will announce it soon.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

There is plenty of evidence of previous civilization on Mars, you just have to look, why the secret, well Nasa/whoever doesn't have to be too clever about that do they, 90% of homosapiens are the walking dead, and gullible, safe and secure in their little lives, however its a huge Universe out there, and we are part of the whole, life is everywhere in a myriad forms, how arrogant of homo sapien to think he is the only intelligent life form around, we are usually 15yrs behind in the correct info given out by Nasa, re water ice, first it was Viking Pathfinder with blue sky images, hmm what did they find?? then the images turned to that ghastly red, now we have the true colour again of a blue Martian sky, algae showing up at Gusev Crater? Methane gas , isn't it getting exciting and one day, ta ta they will say' we have found remains of a civilized race on Mars!'..ho hum whats new under the sun...nothing

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You know...you're right.

Us nasty, mean, close minded, blind and actually kind of stupid skeptics who can see nothing more than rocks should just leave you nice, friendly, open minded, creative and highly intelligent guys to yourselves. We really should just let you smugly pat each other on your backs and say "Great Find! Absolute proof! No doubt about it!". After all lots of scientists say there might be life on Mars so--there must be! There has to be! It's all so warm and fuzzy. Much nicer than cold, dry rocks.

I've said it before and I say it again. I would be elated if and when evidence of life, past or present, is ever found on Mars. The scientists, some of whom have devoted their lives to finding life on Mars, will be elated. But they aren't about to jump on your bus. The bus that says, "Oooooh, look! A rock with a straight edge! Somebody must have made that!". No, they use that bad old thing called science. That thing that takes time and effort. That thing that takes training. That thing that requires evidence, not: "Wow, I've never seen anything like that before. I don't know what that is but it must be artificial! Those scientists know it. They're just hiding it!" That's no fun and it's such a downer.

Hey! Rather than trying to convince you that, in spite of all your enhancements and manipulations and speculations about proof of life on Mars how about this; I have a great deal on some land in Florida. Want to hear more?

QFT.

/end thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join