It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence that supports past life on mars

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Mysterious boulders, strange pyramids, amazing city-like structures and startling, unexplained "glass worms" are all a part of the enigmatic landscape of the Red Planet. But was there life on mars before? Is there life there now?

You can bet your life there is.

Evidence that scientists had found evidence of life in a Mars meterorite had leaked out, and NASA had to make an announcement...

source

Researchers say the rock, known as the Allan Hills meteorite, provides compelling evidence that there was life on Mars, at least in the distant past...

source

Stoker and other researchers have long theorized that the Martian subsurface could harbor biological organisms that have developed unusual strategies for existing in extreme environments...

source

The Britons say they found organic matter in two meteorites-one was the meteorite tested by NASA and the other, a newly tested meteorite that crashed to Earth 600,000 years ago...

source

Mars was not only inhabited at one time, but is inhabited now at this moment...

source

"It's hard to image why such bullet-proof evidence was denied for such a long time...

source

When is a rock not a rock anymore?...

There already is microbial life on mars,
so I see no reason why there cant be other forms of life there also.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
there is alot of evidence that mars was and may still be a populated planet.

People can say what they want about the tunnels, and the golfball on mars, but those pictures were taken from very high up, and to suggest that it was merely sand dunes and round balls of sand is a little bit vague.

Though i am open minded and will consider both.

As of now i cannot picture what photographic evidence will make people realize, but i think a high resolution video, even if in frames, would be needed

Let us hope that mars is inhabited ^_^, because then we can officially call them our boyz n girls next door

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I agree with you that there are quite a few interesting aspects regarding the search for "life" on Mars. It appears to me, a layman on the subject, that there is water/ice on Mars and NASA has known about it for a long time. Also, I believe there have been numerous attempts at creating something when nothing exists, especially "close-ups" of pixelated mapped satellite images and rock formations. There have been images that have caught my eye that I need more explination on. The images of "trees" and massive "forrests" - what was that all about? The glass tubes? All of the NASA-directed digitally altered images? Recently, they had a press release to say they had indeed found the building block essential for life in the soil. And then something like two days later they have a press announcement to say there is a life-killing "agent" in the soil and so no life can exist. What gives and why host a PC if you are going to find out the real facts in two days?

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
thanks guys, and your right I forgot to mention the lakes and forests and buildings on mars also
I will try and find some good pics of them as well.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

The images of "trees" and massive "forrests" - what was that all about? The glass tubes? All of the NASA-directed digitally altered images?

It's about the truth...since we have no physical evidence (none that I have seen) and need to rely on sanitized images, your analytical skills along with your imagination need to be frosty...

It's an uphill battle, but well worth it.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

One thing that caught my eye in your posted photos I forgot to mention. I have seen several pics of "doors", rectangular almost linear shapes in several other shots. Strange there are so many perfectly shaped "doors" in strangley shaped rock "buildings".

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
With so many of these photos popping up almost every week to a month, i seriously wonder when the natural formation conclusion is finally put to bed

Not suggesting anything, just wondering

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Mysterious boulders, strange pyramids, amazing city-like structures and startling, unexplained "glass worms" are all a part of the enigmatic landscape of the Red Planet. But was there life on mars before? Is there life there now?

You can bet your life there is.

Evidence that scientists had found evidence of life in a Mars meterorite had leaked out, and NASA had to make an announcement...

source

Researchers say the rock, known as the Allan Hills meteorite, provides compelling evidence that there was life on Mars, at least in the distant past...

source

Stoker and other researchers have long theorized that the Martian subsurface could harbor biological organisms that have developed unusual strategies for existing in extreme environments...

source

The Britons say they found organic matter in two meteorites-one was the meteorite tested by NASA and the other, a newly tested meteorite that crashed to Earth 600,000 years ago...

source

Mars was not only inhabited at one time, but is inhabited now at this moment...

source

"It's hard to image why such bullet-proof evidence was denied for such a long time...

source

When is a rock not a rock anymore?...

There already is microbial life on mars,
so I see no reason why there cant be other forms of life there also.

sorry for the double post, but i forgot to add something.

If these are proven to be true buildings and constructions, wouldn't that validate the tiny people that supposedly inhabit mars. ( with other races of course

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I believe the stories that were made up about martians actually have a true background true them. Why do we often refer to beings from mars? it's in normal day speech and in movies and more.. So i guess somewhere in de distant past, we might have known that mars did have life.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is the best argument I've seen on ATS on this issue. Very good post. I was unaware of the second sample and its being tested. I think there is good evidence for life presented in that case.

I would personally be shocked if they don't eventually find proof of life on Mars, albeit rudimentary in nature. Considering the environment, anything beyond that is unlikely. Of course I'd be thrilled if they do find larger, more advanced life forms in the form of fossils.

One exception would be the rocks. You should have left that out. Rocks can and do often resemble manufactured objects. There is no reason to believe those rocks are anything other than rocks which resemble other things. If we believe that, then we must believe that Mars is littered with artifacts, which I can't without abandoning critical thinking entirely. Not to mention that nearly all anomaly's in rocks presented are the result of the improper use of post processing in graphics programs. Your photo's were not, but most posted are.

I think it is a given that we will find life, perhaps in our solar system, but intelligent life in this system is perhaps wishful thinking. Of course new evidence could present itself and change all that at any time.

Since no group of more than a few Human Beings is capable of keeping a secret, I find the thought that NASA is hiding things to be a real stretch. Having said that, with the involved schools having direct access to the raw, unfiltered data, what are the odds that anything found in photo's is being hid? If there are photo's of artifacts, they would have leaked somehow.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

So do you really think that well after the surface of earth has been wiped clean of all evidence of real civilization, there might still be a car part or two laying around o the surface for some reason? I do not understand what all these threads showing lonely little objects that are very open to interpretation prove anything. I understand how they could lead to interesting speculation but seriosuly, proof? Bring a part back and maybe you have something but I find it hard to believe the fossilized bacteria are running around building lament cubes and radiators just to toss around randomly on the surface.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanyouSpirit
With so many of these photos popping up almost every week to a month, i seriously wonder when the natural formation conclusion is finally put to bed

Not suggesting anything, just wondering

Has noone seen the basalt flats or other crystal "wonders" here on earth. They are more perfectly geometric and "man-made structure" like than any of these rocks. The only problem is that they are here on earth and we know that they are natural. Geometry is quite common in the natural world. Everything happens in ammounts. Amounts have numbers, the numbers relate, everythig boils down to just HOW random it will appear.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I can understand when people see a rock they automatically think natural formation,
but when you see a rock with a RECTAGULAR DOORWAY carved into it then that just cant be natural especially if its on another planet.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I dont understand why you think nasa would try to create a conspiracy about life on mars.. I watch the nasa channel quite frequently, and they will be the first to tell you .. that they would love to find life on mars.. they are taking samples of the surface and the data is being sent back all the time. they have news conferences all the time on the nasa station.. live television covering the updates of what they have found so far, but no life has been found yet.. and there still hoping that some tests will tell them more.. I repeat they have found no life yet on mars.. there are hundreds of scientists involved with the mission to mars.. and all have there hands involved with different asspects of the mission.. I would venture to say that most of these scientist are the best in the world at what they do.. I am inclined to believe them.. Im not going to believe anyone at ats who says there is life on mars,, all the experts at nasa have gone thru those photos with a fine tooth comb.. if they would of found anything resembling life forms. .. or the slightest evidence of it... it would be major news.. and in fact .. if they really wanted to have a conspiracy.... they would suggest that there is life on mars... that way they could get more funding to keep there mission alive.. as for now... they are fighting congress at every turn to get the money... if they would lie and say there is life up there... the money would pour in from all over..

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Just look at these crazy shapes. Some civilization must have made them.

rocks

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

There are some scientists that believes there is life on Mars. The claim for life on Mars is grounded on old evidence reinterpreted in the light of recent discoveries mainly by Gilbert Levin, Rafael Navarro-González and Ronalds Paepe.

In may 2007 The Carnegie Institution Geophysical Laboratory Seminar "Analysis of evidence of Mars life" was held in Washington. The following is written by Gilbert V. Levin, Ph.D:

The Viking landers carried nine courses of the Labeled Release experiment designed to detect any metabolizing microorganisms that might be present on the martian surface. The LR was designed to drop a
nutrient solution of organic compounds labeled with radioactive carbon
atoms into a soil sample taken from the surface of Mars and placed into a
small test cell. A radiation detector then monitored over time for the evolution of radioactive gas from the sample as evidence of metabolism: namely, if microorganisms were metabolizing the nutrients they had been
given. When the experiment was conducted on both Viking landers, it gave
positive results almost immediately.

mars.spherix.com...

Further reading:
en.wikipedia.org...

From NASA source:

A group of scientists led by David McKay of NASA's Johnson Space Center published an article in the 16 August 1996 issue of Science magazine announcing the discovery of evidence for primitive bacterial life on Mars. An examination of a meteorite found in Antarctica and believed to be from Mars shows: 1) hydrocarbons which are the same as breakdown products of dead micro-organisms on Earth, 2) mineral phases consistent with by-products of bacterial activity, and 3) tiny carbonate globules which may be microfossils of the primitive bacteria, all within a few hundred-thousandths of an inch of each other.

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

That is the problem, what we see is not a "RECTAGULAR DOORWAY", is a rectangular "feature" on the face of the rock.

That "feature" may be just some millimetres deep or up to the other side of the rock, but calling it a doorway is classifying it in a way for which we do not have any evidence, even if it is really a doorway.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarielDCLXVI

So do you really think that well after the surface of earth has been wiped clean of all evidence of real civilization, there might still be a car part or two laying around o the surface for some reason? I do not understand what all these threads showing lonely little objects that are very open to interpretation prove anything. I understand how they could lead to interesting speculation but seriosuly, proof? Bring a part back and maybe you have something but I find it hard to believe the fossilized bacteria are running around building lament cubes and radiators just to toss around randomly on the surface.
What sort of ignorance do you lot extra-sceptics aim to "deny"? Your own?!
Do you actually try to study Mars? Do you search?
You have to study these things in their globality, and do a bit of work before you rush to criticise DECENT work!
Of course SuperSlovak doesn't stop at snippets or isolated objects, have you read his other threads or posts?

As long as you lot will run to every single one of our discovery threads or attempts of, all you'll do is discourage the rest of the readers who must be so hesitant in registering, I think it's a purpose, just like we saw paid-posters for a recent case in Portugal and GB. We all knew in the end that they were paid, although these deny, of course, but it was so obvious.

Anyway it's not the first time we see rocks that could well be else, see my MARTIAN-MADE structures on Mars thread, if we put just photos of them all together and ignore the idiotic group bashing comments, who certainly have a COMMON PURPOSE, and, oh, no no, I don't hint at a sort of New World Order or big Brother (expression invented by George ORWELL in 1949 by the way, when he intelligently wrote "Nineteen Eighty-Four", yeah, rings a bell?) we would be able to form a more exact opinion about these structures, natural or not.

~~~~

Excellent OP SuperSlovak.
------------------------------------ Flagged and all. Carry on! I notice that when we add articles on the topics people tend to get more in their favour, LOL, one day if they see it on the National News of their countries, "NEWSFLASH"STRUCTURES ON MARS PROVE ANCIENT LIFE***or "NEWSFLASH****EVIDENCE OF MARTIAN LIFE FORMS"***PRESENT & ANCIENT LIFE on MARS, PROOFS BY NASA"****but it would be in 10 or 50 years, by the time NASA or else wakes up, THEN they'd get a bit more polite, at least.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You know...you're right.

Us nasty, mean, close minded, blind and actually kind of stupid skeptics who can see nothing more than rocks should just leave you nice, friendly, open minded, creative and highly intelligent guys to yourselves. We really should just let you smugly pat each other on your backs and say "Great Find! Absolute proof! No doubt about it!". After all lots of scientists say there might be life on Mars so--there must be! There has to be! It's all so warm and fuzzy. Much nicer than cold, dry rocks.

I've said it before and I say it again. I would be elated if and when evidence of life, past or present, is ever found on Mars. The scientists, some of whom have devoted their lives to finding life on Mars, will be elated. But they aren't about to jump on your bus. The bus that says, "Oooooh, look! A rock with a straight edge! Somebody must have made that!". No, they use that bad old thing called science. That thing that takes time and effort. That thing that takes training. That thing that requires evidence, not: "Wow, I've never seen anything like that before. I don't know what that is but it must be artificial! Those scientists know it. They're just hiding it!" That's no fun and it's such a downer.

Hey! Rather than trying to convince you that, in spite of all your enhancements and manipulations and speculations about proof of life on Mars how about this; I have a great deal on some land in Florida. Want to hear more?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
These evidence are amazing, if only they were a bit clearer

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join