It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst conspiracy theory you've ever heard?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I think my favorite and I'm sorry for not being able to find the link to it was the one along the lines of "I think my co worker is an alien" Basically the "alien" beat the OP to work one day and is now a suspected E.T. lol I liked the post about how his bumper stickers on his car looked like he was trying to hard to be human. If someone knows where I can find that thread please send me a link I was looking for it last night... You create some of my favorite threads by the way always interesting.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Trustnoone1987]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnoone1987

I think my favorite and I'm sorry for not being able to find the link to it was the one along the lines of "I think my co worker is an alien" Basically the "alien" beat the OP to work one day and is now a suspected E.T. lol I liked the post about how his bumper stickers on his car looked like he was trying to hard to be human. If someone knows where I can find that thread please send me a link I was looking for it last night... You create some of my favorite threads by the way always interesting.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Trustnoone1987]

That was a good one too!

It reminds me of the more current "My neighbors are satanists!"

Edit: And thanks for the compliment!

[edit on 12-9-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Where to begin! I heard so many laughable, pathetic excuses for a conspiracy!

One that resides on my fondest (and funniest) memories is on some book I read that Men In Black were Neo-Nazis who had no age, they are eternal because they know the secrets of Mount Shasta, in which of course, the Inca Empire still exists but they have hovering crafts aside from a golden city.

I read so many things like that, though, that they are no longer fun, just irritating.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by seb2882]

[edit on 12-9-2008 by seb2882]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seb2882

I don't know that their all silly, but the propensity of Atlantis is here/there/everywhere threads get on my nerves now.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Also I think the Indigo Child is a big fat load.

The Crystal children, or whatever they are supposed to be called now.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The one on this Site that stick in my mind as the stupidest has to be the 911 the planes were Hologram or no planes theory.

I know might not be the most popular choice but that's the moment I stopped reading those forums.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Laughable conspiracy theories?

I remember hearing something about the planes that hit 9/11 being holograms.

Another would be, of course, the conspiring between Saddam Hussein and Al-Qaeda.

"They hate us for our freedom." Always good for a bittersweet laugh.

The earth is flat...there are still believers out there!

I hope I haven't offended anyone's sensibilities. Of course, if you're willing to bite, hook-line-sinker, on some of these, well, "sensible" may not apply to you.

That is all said, there's so very much more going on in this mad world than they'd have us believe.

Oh, one more: Alex Jones is not a CIA op.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I prefer to call them "spoiled narcissists-in-training."

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
My worst conspiracy is about the workings of society, and how they seek to fulfill the mirror in life that is self fulfilling prophecy by making us only self serving. This has gone as far left as Labour in the UK.
My favourite conspiracy is the tooth faerie. Everybody wins, except maybe the dentist bill......

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yes, I liked the Atlantis subject until I read I can find it even on my backyard!
I read some books that made sense, though I have no idea how serious their investigation was.

I don't know how many Icke's fans are out there (and no, I won't even mention the reptiles) but in one of his books he said that Venus was just a few thousand years old (don't remember the precise age) and it just entered the solar system and stayed here!

I also read some thread here stating that he himself is a reptile! Talk about counter-conspiracy!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
How about the one that said Jimi Hendrix was abducted and held prisoner by the Mafia for a while?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

No kidding, there's going to be hell to pay when the Indigos hit the work force!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

It seems that many of these very important young geniuses are working at several of the minimum-wage jobs 'round these parts. It's such a singular joy to have the kid behind the register huff and puff and roolllllll their big sad eyes when I ask them to, I don't know, make my order "for here".

Of course, this is part and parcel of my punishment for buying *cough* "fast", ahem, "food".

[edit on 9.12.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by seb2882
Yes, I liked the Atlantis subject until I read I can find it even on my backyard!
I read some books that made sense, though I have no idea how serious their investigation was.

I don't know how many Icke's fans are out there (and no, I won't even mention the reptiles) but in one of his books he said that Venus was just a few thousand years old (don't remember the precise age) and it just entered the solar system and stayed here!

I also read some thread here stating that he himself is a reptile! Talk about counter-conspiracy!

There are some very compelling arguments for Atlantis's existence, the problem is the New Age looney types who get in there and claim they know where it is because they are a reincarnated high preist or some crap like that.

And as far as Icke goes.. He'd got some stuff that I would consider. Even the idea of reptiles is worth a look, considering how prevelent it is in mythology, but he's so adament that he's right that I think he destroys his own credibility.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion

It seems that many of these very important of young geniuses are working at several of the minimum-wage jobs 'round these parts. It's such a singular joy to have the kid behind the register huff and puff and roolllllll their big sad eyes when I ask them to, I don't know, make my order "for here".

Of course, this is part and parcel of my punishment for buying *cough* "fast", ahem, "food".

I live in a college town, and beleive me I see a lot of that type too. SOmewhere down the line they missed out on the fact that the world doesn't owe anyone squat.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This really is an interesting exercise for us, here in this cleverly-created thread. I might even have to pull out the ol' "S & F"...

Because, for me, it's causing me to run through my ever-growing mental list of, shall we say, alternative explanations for so much of the BS we've been force-fed in this so-called civilization.

So the GREATEST conspiracies include:

Religion [I can't find the exact quote, sorry, but I heard something recently to the effect of "Religion has caused a great many otherwise-sensible men to become atheists]

Democrats vs. Republicans [as I like to say, "two sides of the same, de-valued coin"]

NASA's "official" info vs. what it's really for, what they've actually found, etc.

The Media [wherefore art thou, objective journalism?]

How about the formation of millions of Americans' opinions about all kinds of things simply based on what these sophisticated folks see in a movie, or on a tv show..."They wouldn't put it on 'Night Court' unless it was true..."

So many more...think about it, the, er, stuff that we're told to believe in school, at church, at work, etc.

The AMA is another one. The epidemic of over-prescription of mental health drugs. The "War on Drugs". I could go on. And on. And on...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion

It seems that many of these very important of young geniuses are working at several of the minimum-wage jobs 'round these parts. It's such a singular joy to have the kid behind the register huff and puff and roolllllll their big sad eyes when I ask them to, I don't know, make my order "for here".

I live in a college town, and beleive me I see a lot of that type too. SOmewhere down the line they missed out on the fact that the world doesn't owe anyone squat.

But that's not fair!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Man I have a whole list of conspiracy theories I've read on ATS that almost caused my organs to dissolve from laughing so hard.

The funniest lately is anything to do with CERN creating a blackhole and swallowing the planet or any other mind numbing stupidity like cause earth quakes, tsunamis, sun disturbances.

Second to that would be that a nuclear explosion brought down the twin towers along with holographic planes

[edit on 12-9-2008 by ANoNyMiKE]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Here's my worst...,

Within the CIA /FBI/M5 etc. are black organizations who traffic in abducted children world-wide. The elite social class and mega wealthy are the 'consumers' who pay top dollar for 'disposable' sex-toys which are never seen again of course.

And of course there's the whole baby-eating Queen of England thing..., that one's a hard sell for sure.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

But that's not fair!!!

Ah, shaddup, you Indigo whelp.

Welcome to Earth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join