It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst conspiracy theory you've ever heard?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'd have to pick the one website:

www.rawair.net...

this ones up there with the reptilian lizard babies..this guy is saying computer outgas is designed by the illuminati to make people fat, stupid and sick...

I've heard some stupid ideas, but this ones probably one of the dumbes ones ive ever hear before.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Hah. I honestly thought that would be the first one to be brought up!

It's another one of those that I don't necesarily disbeleive in, but the adamancy that the supporters display in linking Planet X to any number of unrelated things that puts me off.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hm, though not exactly a conspiracy, I think I'll go ahead and mention the monthly "I-feel-different-today-ZOMG!-time-has-slipped!" threads.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think that the greatest conspiracies are unfolded onto us by our parents..
ie; the easter bunny, santa clause, and the tooth fairy.. not to mention the boogy man, the monster under the bed, and all the other lies we grow up with.. somehow we always forgive our parents for this and then we do it to our own children.. don't really know how this relates to conspiracies.. except that all the adults were in on it.. and when you got old enough you became "in on it" too..
kinda sick if you think about it..
I used to have to find all the easter eggs 3 or 4 times because every time I left the eggs in a pile and left the room to find more, my Mom would say that the bunny came and got them again.. kept me busy and them laughing.. sucks..

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

It's another one of those that I don't necesarily disbeleive in, but the adamancy that the supporters display in linking Planet X to any number of unrelated things that puts me off.

Once again, we find our common ground. I like the way you think.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by asdf1234
I'd have to pick the one website:

www.rawair.net...

this ones up there with the reptilian lizard babies..this guy is saying computer outgas is designed by the illuminati to make people fat, stupid and sick...

I've heard some stupid ideas, but this ones probably one of the dumbes ones ive ever hear before.

Well said, like here.
Thanks for helping us deny ignorance!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion

Originally posted by asmeone2

Once again, we find our common ground. I like the way you think.

I think it's often the case that the people who beleive in any conspiracy feel that it's so important that they get other people to beleive, that they end up giving the general public more reason not to beleive.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I went through that. Friends looked at me like I'm nuts. Maybe I am. At least I still have a pair, I'd tell myself.

The "wake up sheeple" crowd irritates me sometimes. Like they always knew this hidden info about our f'ed up world.

Suffice it to say, I've given up trying to enlighten people. After all, what do I know? I've got opinions on this stuff. And feelings, of course. And it doesn't take Woodward and Bernstein to intuit that something's amiss.

But people have lives. Families. Jobs. Faiths. And so on.

And we, we have ATS.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The whole reptilian/shapeshifter thing. George Bush and his parents and Cheney are these special creatures that are older than time and rule the world. I mean seriously...if Bush/Cheney are the best these advanced and intelligent creatures can accomplish then I think the evolution skipped them by a long shot.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It's more complicated than just getting people to 'wake up,' that is an important thing to realize.

A revolution is 10% waking people up, and 90% waiting for the right time.

Anyways. There are two kinds of "sheeple." Those who beleive everything, and those who must disbeleive everything.

I can't find the link anymore but I read a very enlightening blog once, arguing that conspiracy theories were just another form of viewing the world in black and white. Some people cling to them, just like some cling to the religious theologies which separate everything into black and white, because they can't handle the shades of gray.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Yes. We all have our own "world-view". With varying degrees of influence from sources outside of our own insides.

I carried a lot of unnecessary resentments, to my own detriment, because of some of the more incendiary conspiracy theories out there. But I don't believe in fighting
with
, so I've learned to let some of that unhealthy stuff go. Ironically, I'll live longer.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Back when I first started getting inot conspiracies, there was a period in which I almost went insane, because I took everything to heart.

It was all, "HAARP and Chemtrails and Martial Law, Oh My!" It was a rough ride, until I learned to find more peace for myself.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Yes, friend, the chemtrail thing had me all fired up as well. Fortunately[...], my state'll soon be covered in the gray of winter for about six months. So I won't be seeing my daily dose, at least.

Wow. I've never found silver lining in one of our winters 'til now.

Maybe it's colloidal silver!

[edit on 9.12.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by asdf1234

this guy is saying computer outgas is designed by the illuminati to make people fat, stupid and sick...

I thought they already had that covered with; Fast-Food, TV, and the Health Industry.

Line.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

You're right on the[ir] money!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Maybe this one about the television show Lost having been based on real events.

Lost theory

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion

Yes, friend, the chemtrail thing had me all fired up as well. Fortunately[...], my state'll soon be covered in the gray of winter for about six months. So I won't be seeing my daily dose, at least.

Wow. I've never found silver lining in one of our winters 'til now.

Maybe it's colloidal silver!

[edit on 9.12.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

COlloidial silver is great stuff.

Once I had an abcess under one of myfingernails that got pretty bad. I wasn't able to go to the doctor at the time but colloidial silver and some other herbs cleared that up in days!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatwoods
Maybe this one about the television show Lost having been based on real events.

Lost theory

That's a new one on me. I'm not quite sure what to think of that.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Nice. I bit and put some of my hard-earned down for some. Then got home, did some more research, and found pictures of people whose skin went a ghastly bluish gray.

It's safe to say you haven't had such an experience?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Whenever I hear about colloidal silver, I picture this guy,

www.dailycognition.com...

But I hear he's otherwise fit-as-a-fiddle (albeit a rather blue fiddle).

( dang dial-up)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join