It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst conspiracy theory you've ever heard?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
HAARP was a good one, glad you brought it up.

Originally I thought the HAARP conspiracy was related to weather modification... but over the years, specifically the last few, it's evolved into an all encompassing scenario of lunacy.

What do the HAARP people say it does today? Minor weather modification is barely even on the table anymore it's all; earth quakes, hurricanes, MIND CONTROL, an anti-alien defense grid that ionizes small patches of atmosphere in effect causing whatever is near by to explode (lol), sun anomalies. What doesn't HAARP do!?

I think CERN will be the new HAARP, my prediction.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
reply to post by asmeone2

Nice. I bit and put some of my hard-earned down for some. Then got home, did some more research, and found pictures of people whose skin went a ghastly bluish gray.

It's safe to say you haven't had such an experience?

The bluish skin comes from collodial silver that is made incorrectly.

Some people use less that .999 silver--even sterling silver-- or water with a lot of impurities--there's also a lot of incorrect advice to add salt to the water in order to speed the reaction (it doesn't.)

You'd have to ingest a lot of it to get that effect though, and it doesn't have any actually toxic effects.

Incidentally, the term 'blue blooded' came from high-class people who ate off of silver plates and cutlery, and sometimes got the blue-skinned effect.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE

Originally I thought the HAARP conspiracy was related to weather modification... but over the years, specifically the last few, it's evolved into an all encompassing scenario of lunacy.

What do the HAARP people say it does today? Minor weather modification is barely even on the table anymore it's all; earth quakes, hurricanes, MIND CONTROL, an anti-alien defense grid that ionizes small patches of atmosphere in effect causing whatever is near by to explode (lol), sun anomalies. What doesn't HAARP do!?

Totally agree. I agree that there is probably something nefarious about HAARP, but it's just laziness to attribute every annomaly to it without the proper research, or at least a logical deduction.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The KSTAR, or Korea Superconducting Tokamak Advanced Research is a magnetic fusion device being built at the National Fusion Research Institute in Daejon, South Korea. It is intended to study aspects of magnetic fusion energy which will be pertinent to the ITER fusion project as part of that country's contribution to the international ITER effort. The project was approved in 1995 but construction was delayed by the East Asian financial crisis which weakened the South Korean economy considerably; however the construction phase of the project was completed on September 14, 2007. Commissioning will begin once construction is completed, and first plasma occurred on July 15, 2008[1].

KSTAR will be one of the first research tokamaks in the world to feature fully superconducting magnets, which again will be of great relevance to ITER as this will also use SC magnets. The KSTAR magnet system consists of 16 niobium-tin direct current toroidal field magnets, 10 niobium-tin alternating current poloidal field magnets and 4 niobium-titanium alternating current poloidal field magnets. It is planned that the reactor will study plasma pulses of up to 20 seconds duration until 2011, when it will be upgraded to study pulses of up to 300 seconds duration. The reactor vessel will have a major radius of 1.8 m, a minor radius of 0.5 m, a maximum toroidal field strength of 3.5 teslas, and a maximum plasma current of 2 megaamperes. As with other tokamaks, heating and current drive will be initiated using neutral beam injection, ion cyclotron resonance heating (ICRH), RF heating and electron cyclotron resonance heating (ECRH). Initial heating power will be 8 megawatts from neutral beam injection upgradeable to 24 MW, 6 MW from ICRH upgradeable to 12 MW, and at present undetermined heating power from ECRH and RF heating. The experiment will use both hydrogen and deuterium fuels but not the deuterium-tritium mix which will be studied in ITER.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

I can't see your picture, but I think I know who you're talking abotu there.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The most humorous conspiracy theory I have ever heard was told right here on ATS by a poster by the name of "Mr. Nekros". He made a series of claims that the local Freemason chapter fed his dog laxatives, kidnapped and drugged him, and all culminating with the destruction of his toilet by means of explosives. The first time I read that thread I was poised to swallow a gulp of coffee...I never did imbibe it...

Apologies if this was already mentioned.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

1. Chem trails
2. Hollow Moon
3. That Americans faked moon landing
4. Elvis turned homo and living with Jim Morrison in Frisco under assumed names, "Fudgy" and "Goober."
5. Alien inserted anal probes
6. Nazi UFO's in Antarctica
7. Paris Hilton application to Nunnery
8. Pyramids built by backward-ass, agrarian Egyptians
9. Nibiru home of Giant Aliens
10.Kennedy killed by Oswald alone, using POS rifle.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Oh yeah...Tupac's still alive..

edit to add link

[edit on 9.12.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Reptillians and Nordics are the worst conspiracy theories I have ever heard, their evidently a result of somebodies fantasy purposefully mixed in with the real world. Besides some of the unreal "hearsay" stories I always hear, many of these threads about Reptillians and Nordics are often connected to real political, social and cultural issues/ current events, this leads me to believe these stories about them are just coverups behind somebodies real opinion over a certain current event. That and the photoshopped pictures they always have

[edit on 12-9-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Who was it that posted a couple months back with the idea that the posts by Anonymous ATS were all by one person who was out to get him, or something like that?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE

Totally agree. I agree that there is probably something nefarious about HAARP, but it's just laziness to attribute every annomaly to it without the proper research, or at least a logical deduction.

One of the biggest problems with our community is that none of us can agree on anything, ever. Maybe in small groups but as a whole there's never consensus on issues.

Part of that is because some people actually claim to have had personal experiences with one thing or another (been "mind controlled" by HAARP, met a reptilian, have sexual relations with a Grey) and I believe although many or most of these people are either being dishonest or have a mental disorder, people will believe them because they want to. You can't argue logic against someone who claims to have been there no matter how insane they sound (or are).

If there were even a handful of issues that everyone here could say "Yes, that sounds reasonable, that's what's really going on here", we'd be able to make unbelievable progress towards uncovering some of the truth behind the conspiracies.

The 9/11 movement WAS getting close. I think what happened there was that the issue has persisted for so long that people's imagination got away on them as a result of not moving forward with the powers that be.

Even if we all came together and said, "this may not be entirely correct, but it's the best that we could agree on given the evidence at this time." At least then the public would take notice of our position on whatever it is we're trying to get across.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
Reptillians and Nordics are the worst conspiracy theories I have ever heard, their evidently a result of fantasy mixed in with the real world in my opinion. Besides some of the "hearsay" stories I hear, many of the threads are often connected to political, social and cultural issues which leads to believe their just coverups behind somebodies opinion over a topic. That and the photoshopped pictures they always have

Nordics are a bad one.

It reminds me of the (usually teenage) people that insist that they are or know a true blue vampire, even though their particular definition of vampire has only been around for 50 or so years.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

My Nordic accountant is a vampire. What of it?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I see this nordic thing more differently. People like to project the perfect race/culture/human by their standards into real life, and I believe these paranormal conspiracy topics give them the perfect setting to do so. Well thats just my opinion, Reptillians are to an extent are the same.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

One of the biggest problems with our community is that none of us can agree on anything, ever. Maybe in small groups but as a whole there's never consensus on issues.

Part of that is because some people actually claim to have had personal experiences with one thing or another (been "mind controlled" by HAARP, met a reptilian, have sexual relations with a Grey) and I believe although many or most of these people are either being dishonest or have a mental disorder, people will believe them because they want to. You can't argue logic against someone who claims to have been there no matter how insane they sound (or are).

If there were even a handful of issues that everyone here could say "Yes, that sounds reasonable, that's what's really going on here", we'd be able to make unbelievable progress towards uncovering some of the truth behind the conspiracies.

The 9/11 movement WAS getting close. I think what happened there was that the issue has persisted for so long that people's imagination got away on them as a result of not moving forward with the powers that be.

Even if we all came together and said, "this may not be entirely correct, but it's the best that we could agree on given the evidence at this time." At least then the public would take notice of our position on whatever it is we're trying to get across.

That's a difficult, if not impossible problem to eradicate, primarily because we have different opinions and biases, but also because we can't veryify everything (or often, nothing) involved in the particular conspiracy.

For example, 9/11, only a handful of people on this board actually witnessed the attacks, but they can offer only their personal expereinces. THey weren't there to say if there were explosives planted, they didn't see someone set down the "planted" passport, they couldn't touch the planes to see if they were actually there.

So what we usually end up with is clashing conjectures.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion

My Nordic accountant is a vampire. What of it?

I'm not sure if you mean that sarcastically or not?

What I'm talking about is kids who think that they are a vampire, or want to be, or know someone who is, and they define vampire in the Anne Rice sense or something like that, which is a very recent definition and very different than then historical idea of a vampire.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

cue sappy '80's soundtrack
"If you don't know me by now..."

I want to talk with an Indigo vampire for, oh, the one or one-and-a-half minutes before the kid works up my dander.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

That's a difficult, if not impossible problem to eradicate, primarily because we have different opinions and biases, but also because we can't veryify everything (or often, nothing) involved in the particular conspiracy.

For example, 9/11, only a handful of people on this board actually witnessed the attacks, but they can offer only their personal expereinces. THey weren't there to say if there were explosives planted, they didn't see someone set down the "planted" passport, they couldn't touch the planes to see if they were actually there.

So what we usually end up with is clashing conjectures.

Oh I agree, what I mean is we're all on the same team. If everyone wants something solved (like 9/11), I don't understand why some people can't agree to disagree on some of the details so everyone can move forward.

It's like we're all stuck in a traffic jam at a 4-way stop, everyone is honking at everyone else and no one can agree who's turn it is to go so no one is getting home, ever

Same with HAARP, greys, NWO, 2012, whatever.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

I see this nordic thing more differently. People like to project the perfect race/culture/human by their standards into real life, and I believe these paranormal conspiracy topics give them the perfect setting to do so. Well thats just my opinion, Reptillians are to an extent are the same.

I think early pulp sci-fi illustrations had a lot to do with that, too.

It might be a tangential connection, but these were really popular as the whole Nordic thing got going, so I think one fed the other.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Reptilians from planet niburu or somthing, causing global warming for the coming invasion... Thats the worst I have heard, Also holographic planes hitting the WTC's.. Aswell the government listening to you thoughts through chips in tooth fillings.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join