It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst conspiracy theory you've ever heard?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
What conspiracies were just so bad that you coudln't beleive them, period? Maybe you remembers some that made you burst out laughing? Or you just wanted to wack the theorist and tell him to stop giving everyone else a bad name?

I don't mean Hoaxes, like that Boulder MD thing, and they don't have to be specifically from this site either.

The one that stands out in my mind was the theory that Dave Chapelle went to Africa because he'd refused to join the Illuminati and they'd sent a hit man after him. Or something.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Probably religion.

*Warning, some strong language...may offend*

www.youtube.com...

[edit to clarify my stance.

[edit on 12/9/08 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Hmm... I don't know you well enough to know if you are strongly religious, but my first instinct is to say, isn't a lot of that true...?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I think this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This one is about Dragonflies not being real but agents of the government taking pictures of us...

Sounds reasonable.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Well I love the comment on that Youtube Page:

This guy didnt beleive in god.. and look what happened? He died

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
I think this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This one is about Dragonflies not being real but agents of the government taking pictures of us...

Sounds reasonable.

I had a good laugh at that thread.

I liked this:

Well if they are not real, the one that flew in my bug zapper was pretty dumb.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

yes, of course it's true.

i edited my post to clarify what i meant.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Well I love the comment on that Youtube Page:

This guy didnt beleive in god.. and look what happened? He died

I saw that too... Somehow he missed that the eternal life is supposed to be after you die.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

he was 71 and had heart failure... i suppose no religious person ever died of heart failure...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

yes, of course it's true.

i edited my post to clarify what i meant.

Oh okay!

Although I do beleive in a god I will say hell yes, religion is a big stupid conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

lol, yep.... organized religion is the biggest conspiracy going, and the most successful

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Unfortunately it's not funny in the way of the dragonfly one, because it does cause so much damage.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
One that is not funny but makes my blood boil are any theories about how the holocaust never happened. Unbelievable!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
well.. if you really want to know.. for me its the crazy truthers out there who actually think our own people decided it would be a good idea to kill some of there relatives,,, neighbors... and friends .. by orchestrating the disaster of 9-11. think about it... it would take literally.. hundreds of people to pull off a conspiracy like that,,, the so called higher ups.. arent going to do the grunt work like placing all the explosives in the twin towers .. getting our own militairy grunts to aim and fire a missile into the pentagon.. because they dont think a jet flew into it.. and then some more grunts to rush in.. and plant some wheels.. and other jet debris.. like all these guys are just mind numb robots.. and if there captain.. or seargeant. or whatever tells them to start killing there own families... friends.. and neighbors.. they dont give it a second thought.. and just blindly follow orders.. like its no big deal.. yeah.. sure.. tell me you can find people in the militairy that will rush out and shoot there own people.. oh, and of course the media was behind it also.. they helped cover it up too,, i mean how #ing stupid are these people to believe this crap..

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

One that is not funny but makes my blood boil are any theories about how the holocaust never happened. Unbelievable!

Yeah, the entire branch of Jeff Rense conspiracyism...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

oh. yes.. I was gonna mention the holocost too.. but another one is,,,,,,,,,, never went to the moon conspiracy... just a hollywood production.. all nine times. gotta love those idiots.. lol..

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

While I don't think the official story is 100% true by a long shot, I will agree that some of the 9/11 conspiracies are laughable, even insulting.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by philjwolf

oh. yes.. I was gonna mention the holocost too.. but another one is,,,,,,,,,, never went to the moon conspiracy... just a hollywood production.. all nine times. gotta love those idiots.. lol..

That's another one that's been around way too long!

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think the most stupid conspiracy theory I have ever heard was the official take on 911.

Box cutter hijacks, flameproof pasports, catastrophic collapses that by coincidence are identical to demolitions, fire destroying towers, 757 that makes a hole in the pentagon identical to a bunker buster, the missing wreckage at shanksville, the coincidence of military anti terror exercises at the same date and time (a coincidence that repeated itself 7/7 in London), and on and on we could go.

I mean, how stupid must these people be to think we would believe this crap?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
While respecting everyone's opinion, please let's not turn this into a 9/11 debate, okay?

Thanks

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join