It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin belongs to a crazy church too! (video)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I know many atheists that are socially active and very good people.
Everybody with a gram of whit in his head knows whats right or wrong, no need for an illusory god figure.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Those who have no god are to themselves a god, and so there is no moral right or wrong except for what one thinks it to be to himself. Hitler therefore cannot be condemned for his actions, just as the 9/11 terrorists can for theirs. Both did what was morally right in their eyes. Killing cannot be wrong, nor rape or cannibalism. Pediphelia, torture, sex with animals etc would all be just fine.

Just want to be clear here about what your saying..?

Atheists are cannibalistic pediphiles who torture and rape animals?

When you try to lump all people who have a certain belief together and then apply these labels, your point becomes muddled and soiled.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I'm very curious to hear her answers to these questions.

Be just as prepared to demand answers from Obama then as well. Play it fair if you are going to ask tough religious based questions, ask them of both sides.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Interpretations differ from Church to Church, and even Individual to Individual, but this is a belief well versed in the Holy Book, and one which is seen as completely acceptable within the modern confines of the Christian Church.

I respectfully disagree. There are many "modern" denominations of the Christian Church that frown upon this practice and a few that see it as heretical. Again, its usually those denominations that follow Reformed Theology that have this view, not just Catholicism. And, some modern Christians even view Catholicism as a cult or heresy.

I do agree with you that theology can be debated forever and I know this isn't the thread to do that in so I will end with this:

Depending on who you are and what you believe, anyone else's beliefs can seem crazy or whacko, too. Just like in the scientific realm, there has to be some standard by which everything is defined and measured. The problem with this is that once a standard is set in place, the issue of things being right and wrong is presented. No one wants to deal with this and would rather choose to believe that everything is "relative."

The problem with relativism is that anyone can be right and no one can be wrong. I am truly afraid of a society that believes this way.

TheAgentNineteen, thank you for your conversation. =)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by holyTerror

The internet has allowed all, including the "critical thinking mind" to investigate any subject deemed important to them...those who have been "indoctrinated" by religion are going to have a more difficult time dealing with the flood of info (whether it be accurate or not),....and,... as such,... are more inclined to revert back to their "programmed" way of thinking...

Independent thought is a valuable commodity, and is vehemently discouraged by many religious groups...

Do not be dissuaded by those that promote obedience...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I am voting for Palin. She was a member of the Assembly of God. Yes, they believe in speaking in tongues. If you are interested in a different view of what language tongues is, or where it comes from, you might want to read Whitley Strieber's "Communion." It may just blow your mind. Sarah Palin is a breath of fresh air. Finally a political figure that can be my daughter's hero. She is beautiful, smart and kind - and a Christian too. Our country faces perilous and dangerous times. Perhaps even a depression. We will need leaders who understand where we are and why we are cutting coupons, having to choose between buying gas or buying food. Harvard educated men have ticketed us for the Titanic. Enron was the tip of the iceberg -- and look at all the ivy-league CEOs that robbed the working class blind. Paelin is the beginning of a movement that says -- we are sick of typical lying politicians - we are sick of being *. I fear however that she comes to late -like a well manicured feminine finger trying to hold back a locomotive of filth dumped on the American taxpayer by those oh-so-smart Harvard men.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Moral Zealots, these people do not support seperation of church and state. I even heard of such things on an episode of gods warriors how there are christian law schools trying to take control of the supreme court and want to throw away all the ideals that were put forth to this country when it comes to religous matters. What is Americas true ideals one might ask, seperation of church and state, freedom of religion. Seems a bit of the opposite Christian church and state, the government making laws based on christian view. Punish those who do not follow Christian morals. The illuminati well take care of them eventually.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
there was a time in this country when a catholic was looked at suspiciously if he was running for president. Kennedy had a difficult time convincing the american people that he wouldn't let the orders from the vatican dictate he actions in the white house. and well, he did this and was elected.

now, after all this time, we have a bunch of people WANTING our elected officials to take their religion into the white house and have every agenda set by it. and we're picking their beliefs apart on national tv. being a mormon or being a pentecoast disqualifies you from the white house?? what about the baptists, or methodists? do they qualify?? just what denominaton is it that finds favor in the voter's eyes?

ya know wars have been started over such things, right??

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
Whether the message is "god damn america" or "god wants us to win" (the war), both are batspit crazy.

Just because your candidate's church speaks in tongues and nonsense, instead of speaking loud and critical - doesn't mean they are any more reasonable. Personally, I would rather follow someone critical of the country, than someone that thinks war is a gift from god.

I wish I could give this more than one star.
"I would rather follow someone critical of the country, than someone that thinks war is a gift from god."

It doesn't get any truer than that.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Pentecostal or holyrollers

talk in tongue's roll on the floor all kinds of weird stuff.

but they are not saying god dam america.
nor are they saying we got what we deserve...coming home to roost bs

Nor are they saying anything about any other race..like hillary has no idea what its like to be a nigga ..

so what's wrong with crackpots rolling on a floor and talking funny?

youz no whatz i be sayinz fo shizzle my nizzle ...lol the spirit had me for a moment!!!
hammer time!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It's no surprise the video was removed. All these sites are monitored by the same group of ignorant drones.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Old post.....

[edit on 13-9-2008 by pavil]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I love the ending to that video.
If you can't laugh at all of this...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
it is your opinion that her church is crazy NOT A FACT
the title of this thread should be changed to "Controversial Church"
in accordance with the "new political policy" instituted by SO

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
sheesh, applying the new "order" retroactively would be a nightmare. mods, be my guest. I actually kind of agree that "Crazy" should be taken out of the title.

I will also be compiling a list of all threads I deem to contain speculation or opinion for your moderation as well.

If you read the content of any of my posts, you would have seen this was not character assassination - but rather a criticism of hypocrisy. Anyways, thanks for playing.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
it is your opinion that her church is crazy NOT A FACT
the title of this thread should be changed to "Controversial Church"
in accordance with the "new political policy" instituted by SO

ANYONE who expresses joy when talking about how "God is going to destroy the world" at the "end times" is CRAZY! The video is all over the place. There's no hiding it. Palin happily STATED that people would be flocking to Alaska because these are the "last days"...crazy.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
apparently, YouTube has censored the video across their entire site, that's why I was having such a hard time finding it to repost.

Luckily, the creator of the documentary has now put a new version up, along with a copy of it on vimeo.com in case youtube takes it down again.

Here is an article discussing the censorship of the video, with links to the new copies:

www.talk2action.org...

Sarah Palin's churches are actively involved in a resurgent movement that was declared heretical by the Assemblies of God in 1949. This is the same 'Spiritual Warfare' movement that was featured in the award winning movie, "Jesus Camp," which showed young children being trained to do battle for the Lord. At least three of four of Palin's churches are involved with major organizations and leaders of this movement, which is referred to as The Third Wave of the Holy Spirit or the New Apostolic Reformation. The movement is training a young "Joel's Army" to take dominion over the United States and the world.

and here's the new vid!

here's the copy of it on vimeo:
vimeo.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
and here is another article regarding the censorship of the video:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

ast Sunday our research team released a video, a ten-minute mini-documentary, focusing on the Wasilla Assemblies of God and the video seemed on the verge of a massive "viral" breakthrough when YouTube pulled it down, citing "inappropriate content."

At the point the video was censored by YouTube it had been viewed by almost 160,000 people. The short of it is that YouTube has censored a video documentary that appeared to be close to having an effect on a hard fought and contentious American presidential election.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It was "having an effect" because most Americans wouldn't want someone who believes that God is going to end the world, next to the shiny red button that could actually do it.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
More details on this church!

Apparently the preacher she was referring to that gave her a blessing has been involved in active witch hunts. Yes, actual witch hunts - as in, going after fortune tellers and etc. for bringing curses on communities.

Edit: He held many sermons (see below) at the Wasilla Church where Palin attends, while she was getting ready to become governor. The fact that she has mentioned this person after the fact - and commended him, speaks volumes about what she believes to be acceptable in terms of religious faith vs personal freedoms.

some elaboration on the above:
www.alternet.org...

According to the Christian Science Monitor, six months of fervent prayer and research identified the source of the witchcraft as a local woman called Mama Jane, who ran a "divination" center called the Emmanuel Clinic.

Her alleged involvement in fortune-telling and the fact that she lived near the site of a number of fatal car accidents led Muthee to publicly declare her a witch responsible for the town's ills and order her to offer her up her soul for salvation or leave Kiambu.

Says the Monitor, "Muthee held a crusade that 'brought about 200 people to Christ.'" They set up around-the-clock prayer intercession in the basement of a grocery store and eventually, says the pastor, "the demonic influence -- the 'principality' over Kiambu -- was broken," and Mama Jane fled the town.

and here is a site that lists all of the sermons the preacher held at the church, that were removed from the Church's website as soon as Palin was announced as a running mate. Obviously, someone thought it would be a PR nightmare. So much for separation of church and state, and so much for transparency and honesty.

irregulartimes.com...

if you go to the Wasilla Assembly of God web site now, all these sermons are gone. They’ve been erased. Even the page they were listed on is gone. They were taken offline right after Sarah Palin’s vice presidential campaign was announced.

Also erased from the Wasilla Assembly of God site is any mention of Thomas Muthee. The following message was there as recently as August 25th:

“Bishop Thomas Muthee from Kenya
We were honored to have Bishop Thomas Muthee from Kenya, Africa with us. He has planted and oversees over 400 churches, and has a powerful ministry from God. You are encouraged to listen and watch these special messages from him.”

Now, that message is gone. It’s erased - even though Thomas Muthee is coming to the Wasilla Assembly of God church this weekend for a series of special sermons.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by scientist]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join