Sarah Palin belongs to a crazy church too! (video)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I've been to a few different types of churches - catholic, protestant, baptist, pentecostal, etc. However, this one is just strange (even compared to pentecostal)

Apparently the god in Sarah Palin's church can work via cell-phone. As for speaking in tongues, that's actually pretty typical for pentecostal as far as I know.

Palin's churches are actively involved in a resurgent movement that was declared heretical by the Assemblies of God in 1949. This is the same 'Spiritual Warfare' movement that was featured in the award winning movie, "Jesus Camp," which showed young children being trained to do battle for the Lord. At least three of four of Palin's churches are involved with major organizations and leaders of this movement, which is referred to as The Third Wave of the Holy Spirit or the New Apostolic Reformation. The movement is training a young Joel's Army to take dominion over the United States and the world.

This video really reminds me of that movie "Jesus Camp."

[edit on 8-9-2008 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I watched 4-5 minutes and not once did I hear anyone say "God Damn America"

Seems pretty tame to me, and I come from a "sit on your hands" Baptist Church.

Maybe they got the cell phone idea from the Obama Camp, or vice versa?
During the Dem convention, members where supposed to call people and remind them to watch, and remind them to vote.

Crazy? Maybe. But definately not hate-filled, like Lord Obama's former church.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Whether the message is "god damn america" or "god wants us to win" (the war), both are batspit crazy.

Just because your candidate's church speaks in tongues and nonsense, instead of speaking loud and critical - doesn't mean they are any more reasonable. Personally, I would rather follow someone critical of the country, than someone that thinks war is a gift from god.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

WOW!

People who travel the spiritual path without a skeptical eye on everything and have "revelations" are so convinced of themselves. This is the "authority" and "ability to prophecy" that they speak of.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Something inside should indicate to you that none of these people are churchgoers; it's all checkbook memberships since flaunting this whole faith in God thing (i.e. Christianity in some form) is so important to voters.

None of these folks likely have any idea what happens at "their church".

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Something inside should indicate to you that none of these people are churchgoers; it's all checkbook memberships since flaunting this whole faith in God thing (i.e. Christianity in some form) is so important to voters.

None of these folks likely have any idea what happens at "their church".

What? Do you mean the people in the videos or the politicians who are members?

In this case, since Sarah was baptised there when she was 12. I'd bet she has a pretty decent idea of what goes on at that Church.

This isn't like joining Trinity in your 30's so that you can network with the bigwigs in the community. Sarah went to this church since she was a child, she was imprinted like a duckling.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
First of all, the world was, and still is under the direct influence and controld of Satanic and demonic powers. Jesus himself never once disputed this fact when satan claimed ownership of all the nations of the Earth and that they were in his power.

Secondly, the warfare of any Christian is prayer against the darkness of this world. To pray against evil powers and sinful activities.

Thirdly, I have been to the Assemby of God churches from time to time and have never seen any pastor damming America, calling for white supremacy or black supremacy. Nor do they teach hate.

I will say this. I sure hope the media goes with this because it will definately send the McCain/Palin polls over the top for sure. Americans hate religious persecution in any form.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
First of all, the world was, and still is under the direct influence and controld of Satanic and demonic powers.

Case in point of the insanity in some of these places.

If you want to call entropy satan, because it leads to death. That's fine. But understand the reality behind the primitive cosmology that was projected upon it by small minds.

Americans hate religious persecution in any form.

Religious persecution in any form? Really? Is this why Gay Bishops are persecuted by Anglicans?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Excellent point. Sarah Palin may be crazy, but not hate filled like her speech at the National Convention.

After all...not her fault! That was written by Bush's speech writer for Romney.

CHANGE IS COMING AMERICA! Just not in Sarah Palin's mouth.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What a bunch of CRAP!
Is Palin's church in Africa!?!? I saw an African church on the video. I didn't realize that Alaska resemebled Africa so closely. I also saw video of Sarah Palin speaking to the congregation with a bunch of crappy editing of seemingly extremist video - albeit the portions that showed Palin speaking closely resembled "Anychurch" USA.

Do you Democrat partisan hacks realize how cheap and desperate you look with this crap? I mean, for Pete's sake, I am an independent, and until recently, undecided voter. Do you guys actually think that poorly produced videos will gain Obama favor with the moderates? What are you thinking?

Keep this up and you can pretty much count on handing the vote to McCain and Palin in November!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Well if it isn't true then she should come out and distance herself from it shouldn't she?

I mean that's what Obama did when his Church was labeled crazy.

Tit for tat...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

No, she shouldn't waste her time addressing every single homespun youtube nonsense.

And didn't Obama distance himself from his church after he defended his church!? Sounds very John Kerry-ish to me.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
What? Do you mean the people in the videos or the politicians who are members?

The politicians surely.

In this case, since Sarah was baptised there when she was 12. I'd bet she has a pretty decent idea of what goes on at that Church.

This isn't like joining Trinity in your 30's so that you can network with the bigwigs in the community. Sarah went to this church since she was a child, she was imprinted like a duckling.

I am starting from a weak position but thanks for the tidbit. The cellphone stuff obviously wasn't going on when she was 12.

I have yet to evaluate SP closely since lately I am avoiding politics like the plague thus rarely discussing anything with anyone. Facts of such nature have little to do with discerning truth.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
First of all, the world was, and still is under the direct influence and controld of Satanic and demonic powers.

Case in point of the insanity in some of these places.

If you want to call entropy satan, because it leads to death. That's fine. But understand the reality behind the primitive cosmology that was projected upon it by small minds.

Americans hate religious persecution in any form.

Religious persecution in any form? Really? Is this why Gay Bishops are persecuted by Anglicans?

Gay Bishops are not persecuted but excommunicated due to heresy.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Since 2002 this is the church she has been attending. Take a gander at it.

wasillabible.org...

from a political perspective, all this nit picking about Palin's past only seems to be helping her not hurting her.

I know Obama has been slammed the same but it could be backfiring because Obama is running against McCain not Palin.

Just an observation.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Do you Democrat partisan hacks realize how cheap and desperate you look with this crap?

Dude, calm down. It's not like we chose the craziest bitch in Alaska to run the Senate.

To "unite" the Party. Of course.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZuzusPetals

Originally posted by RRconservative

Excellent point. Sarah Palin may be crazy, but not hate filled like her speech at the National Convention.

Crazy like a fox!

Hate filled speech by Sarah Palin? Did we watch the same speech? Or instead of hate filled speech, did you mean racist specch? Because you know if anyone makes fun of or criticizes Lord Obama that is rasicm.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
What a bunch of CRAP!
Is Palin's church in Africa!?!? I saw an African church on the video. I didn't realize that Alaska resemebled Africa so closely.

If you were paying attention, that was to highlight the Pastor that she mentioned, directly after that footage.

I admit, the video editing was done poorly. I didn't make this video, nor am I an Obama supporter. I'm just posting this because it's extremely interesting, and shows that every single thing they have attacked Obama with, she is guilty of herself. At first, I thought it was crazy that they took all those arguments off the table... but I see they are still using the same criticisms against Obama, and pretending like Palin doesn't have any flaws.

I find it fascinating, and they are feeding off the same fundamentalist groups that Bush made it all possible with.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Wow. Palins preacher said Jews deserve to be attacked by terrorists and is God's will because they haven't converted to Christianity. Palin sat right there and said nothing.

politikly.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
How predicatable.
I heard some talking head say the dems would be attacking Palin's church this week and sho nuff they are.

Did I see the word TOO in the title?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join