It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Static Sky's Cipher Game

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well I've never done cyphers before so im having a hard time trying to figure them out but I do like a challenge and for me this is like a new language. Any ideas/hints on where to start trying to figure them out? or general cypher cracking rules I should know of?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Sorry dude. I'm not ready to do that just yet. But I am considering it. But I'm also waiting for a couple esteemed friends to join us here. Regardless, I will be posting a hint to all, with a new cipher sometime tomorrow. Be well my friend. And good luck. Peace.

By the way, we're at 900 points and counting on JT. Cheers.

[edit on 9/13/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
In about 2 and a half hours, Jesters Tester goes to 1000 points!

***HERE'S A HINT....you won't be able to solve it unless you figure out the right way to seperate the string into 2 seperate strings. there are in fact 2 strings there, woven into one. Good Luck.

[edit on 9/14/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Okay. Here's the newest code. Still pretty simple. I'll call this one "The Mountainclimber Code", or "TMC".

The Mountainclimber Code

2-4, 1-9, 1-6, 1-9, 1-7, 1-4, 3-6, 1-3, 2-3, 1-5, 1-8, 1-5, 2-3, 1-5, 2-7, 1-3, 3-6, 1-3, 2-3, 1-5, 1-6, 1-9, 1-7, 3-4, 2-2, 3-7, 2-4, 1-9

As of now, this code is worth 500 points and counting.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
About an hour ago, "TMC" grew to be worht 600 points. A little over an hour from now, "JT" is worth 1100! Perhaps another clue is in order for "JT".

*"JT" clue #2. The dots in the strand(s) surround only 1 letter each. They are not before or after letters, but surrounding only 1 letter each. Good luck.

[edit on 9/15/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It seems I've gotten 2 new flags on this thread today. Nobod's made it clear they're here today, so whoever you are, I thank you both very much. For my ATS/BTS avatar/personality, it's a tremendous complement. Plus it shows me that people are checking in and I'm not just running a dead-thread. Cheers.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Just a quick update...."TMC" is now worth 600 points and "JT" is worth 1200 points. I'll post a third clue for "JT" after at least 1 person either flags the thread or posts to tell me they're still working on it. I need to guage the interest on this thread. thanks a lot. Be well.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Alright folks. I see I got another flag (thank you very much) and I'm a man of my word. So.....

*Jesters Tester, clue #3.

This is not a substatution code. The letters listed in the original Cipher ARE the actual letters in the solution. 2 strands, dots surrounding only one letter each, and all the right letters. Good luck. (And thank you very much for playing). Be well.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Well, its official......im completely brain dead from trying to figure these out. Maybe sleep will help. lol

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Alright, folks. Time for your daily update. (QBsneak), I'm pretty sure I'm talking to you here. "TMC" is now worth 700 points and "JT" is worth 1300!

Your next clue.....

Just to be clear, the original "JT" cipher should now be seperated in to 2 seperate threads. (capital letters and small letters). The dots surrounding a letter signify the first letter needed to solve the code. (notice the dots surround exactly 1 capital T and exactly 1 small t)? And all the letters are the letters needed to solve the code, in order, according to the algorithm of the (2) seperate codes of the same cipher. Is that about right? Just so we're clear. Be well.

-Static Sky

[edit on 9/17/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Ok, i was figuring something like that yet not that at all LOL. I will give it another try in the morning after some sleep and a huge amount of coffee.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Sky you're a bad person man!

How can you even imply that it's not difficult

Tonight I'm gonna have a mother of a headache. Wait, make that I now have a mother of a headache. :bnghd:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
QBSneak and Lannock. Thanks for checking in. I'm glad to now know there are at least 2 people working on these.

Lannock, sorry if "JT" is agrivating you. But that's where the joy comes from once you solve it. A simple little tug on the right loose thread will bring it all unraveled. I suspect one of you will crack it very soon. Then you'll all see it wasn't too crazy.

"TMC" is the simpler of the 2 codes, in my opinion. I won't give any clues on it, yet. But It's the one that could have you shaking your head when you see the solution and how I wrote it.

Anyways, I thank you both (and anyone else who's looking in) for playing. I hope this thread catches on. I'm planning a big, multi-puzzle game, all interwoven and maybe with clues as solutions that must be used together to find a final solve, for sometime in the future. I need to know there is decent demand for such a beast, though. So right now, we're just gearing up. Thanks again. Be well (and good luck).

-Static Sky

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Alright. ******"Jester's Tester" clue number 4 (yesterdays clue was more of a clarification of the first 3 clues, than it's own clue). Truthfully I'm having trouble giving more clues without just handing the cipher answer over for the first to respond.

The way the 2 seperated strands solve, is the same method but in reverse order. If you figure one out, you'll know what this means. And you should have noticed by now, that 1 strand has the "starting point dots" in the middle of the strand, while the other strand has it right at the end. This is far more important than the coincidental fact that both starting points are "T/t's".

Good luck and keep plugging away. I know it will be solved soon. I predict a moment of epiphany for one of you very soon. Thanks for playing.

So "TMC" is now worth 800 points, and in about 90 minutes, "JT" will be worth 1400. Good luck.

-Static Sky

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So I've never really been good for ciphers. They've got to be REALLY basic, or I get lucky. However, I couldn't help myself when I stumbled on this thread. Flagged, and off to kill some more work time trying to puzzle it out

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I was on my way out the door when I figured it out!!!!

Jesters Testers is

TRUE WISDOM IS GIVING THE TIME IT TAKES
to learn the things you think you know

Holy cow, that was exhilirating :-D

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

Cheers, CeltAngel. And thank you very much for the flag. There appear to be at least 3 members working on them right now, so your chances are still pretty good, even if you think you're not very advanced at these sorts of puzzles. I'm hoping this thread snowballs, though. I also hope the 3 of you who I know are working on it, can grow your cipher solving skills with the thread. Good luck and thanks again.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeltAngel
I was on my way out the door when I figured it out!!!!

Jesters Testers is

TRUE WISDOM IS GIVING THE TIME IT TAKES
to learn the things you think you know

Holy cow, that was exhilirating :-D

You're exactly right! Congratulations. It seems I posted my welcome to you just as you posted your solution. Can you please explain how you got the solution? This is a thread for learning how to solve ciphers, as much as a puzzle thread, after all.

Once you've done that, I'll gladly make sure your 1400 points are sent to you. You've earned them but it is in the rules that you must explain how you got to the solution, so please take a moment to do so. I look forward to hearing anyone else's reactions once it's all made clear. Thanks, CeltAngel.

[edit on 9/19/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Sorry for the delay in posting my work. I had to run home first to let out my puppy

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

Awesome work! Looks perfect to me. If I may clarify a bit, the strand with the T in the middle....T is the first letter. Directly to its right, R is the second letter. Then directly to the T's left, U is the third letter. Then you just keep alternating right, left, right, left....always taking the next unused letter in order, until they've all been used once.

The small letter strand works from the outsides in to the middle, alternating back and forth until all have been used. That's the key.

Great job CeltAngel! I will U2U Memoryshock, who will forward to a supermod. You should have your 1400 points within 24 hours. I'm clicking you onto my friends list, as it's easier to U2U from there, I find. Please feel free to add me too, if you like. (I hope you will) Be well and keep up the good work.

-Static Sky

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join