It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and the ACORN organization.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

My point is that ACORN has been involved in some shady stuff and Obama has been right there with them for a lot of it. You would think he'd distance himself from that, as he did his church. On top of that the media has ignored it all for the most part.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
OK. Thanks for breaking it down to the simplest terms for me.

I don't see any indication that Obama has been involved in ANY shady dealings with ACORN at all. He hasn't dealt with them since 1993 as far as I can tell. And then, it was respectable work.

He HAS dealt with CSI more recently, and there was an error on the campaign's reporting, but it was corrected.

Therefore, I don't see any reason he should distance himself from ACORN or CSI. That's my take on the story.

Just an analogy. We used to live in the same neighborhood with this couple. I became VERY good friends with the wife. My husband and I went to parties at their house and they visited us. We talked with each other a lot and really, you might call us friends.

We haven't seen them for many years now, and for good reason. But if I ever ran for office, you can be sure that my "friendship" with them would be "revealed" in a scandalous story meant to invoke suspicion and doubt... most likely by the people who were running against me.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't see any indication that Obama has been involved in ANY shady dealings with ACORN at all. He hasn't dealt with them since 1993 as far as I can tell. And then, it was respectable work.

We simply don't know, because there hasn't been a single investigation in to what all he did. We do know he met up with people like Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko and Jeremiah Wright through this group. At least one of those guys has recently been involved in shady dealings with Obama, again largely ignored by the media.

He HAS dealt with CSI more recently, and there was an error on the campaign's reporting, but it was corrected.

Right, after he was caught. Why would they cover up donations to this group?

Again, we need the media to dive in to this. They have sent an army of reporters to dig up dirt on Palin, but they cant give us any information about ACORn? Whats going on here?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
We simply don't know, because there hasn't been a single investigation in to what all he did. We do know he met up with people like Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko and Jeremiah Wright through this group. At least one of those guys has recently been involved in shady dealings with Obama, again largely ignored by the media.

So in other words this entire thread is conjecture, is based mostly on opinions and rumor mills, and is basically a giant circle jerk for people to say "I knew it!" even though nothing has been substantiated or proven. The only thing that we can say is he was associated with grass roots organizations like ACORN in the past, which in some instances weren't always on the straight and narrow.

How you can you come to a negative conclusion about Obama and ACORN when you have just admitted that no one knows anything about it?

[edit on 15-9-2008 by davion]

[edit on 15-9-2008 by davion]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by davion

Did you even read the OP? Something tells me no. Its not conjecture.

-Obama did train ACORN leaders.
-ACORN is a radical organization.
-ACORN did put people out of work and out of their homes, after forcing small business out of Chicago.
-ACORN did not pay their members minimum wage and did get in legal trouble for it.
-Obama did meet his radical friends through ACORN.
-Obama did find the Trinity Church through ACORN.
-Obama did legal work to get ACORN out of toruble.

Why doesn't the media look in to it?

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

-Obama did train ACORN leaders.
-ACORN is a radical organization.
-ACORN did put people out of work and out of their homes, after forcing small business out of Chicago.
-ACORN did not pay their members minimum wage and did get in legal trouble for it.
-Obama did meet his radical friends through ACORN.
-Obama did find the Trinity Church through ACORN.
-Obama did legal work to get ACORN out of toruble.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Dronetek]

Correlation does not imply causation.

Sorry.

Unless you can find a credible source that says that Obama was involved in illegal and radical activity with the organization, and laughing as they put people out of work, you're just blowing hot air and making assumptions without having any facts beyond:

1. ACORN is a organization that hasn't always been on the straight and narrow in certain states.

2. Obama worked with them.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If Acorn is grass roots then why were Pelosi, Frank and Reid willing to add a provision to the failed $700 billion bail-out that Acorn and others like them get 20% of the profits on the sale of the purchased mortgage loan packages??

-I dont' consider those folks grass roots supporters, rather the Washington DC liberal elite. Everyone should know that Acorn members have been prosecuted for voter registration fraud and other irregularities and that that over the years they are huge miillion dollar supporters of the Democrats, not some small community action group.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
That police are merely the enforcement apparatus of organized crime effected under color of law has long been established; it therefore matters not whether or how Talbot was dragged away from the city council, or what were the offenses she was alleged to have committed.

Moreover, the suggestion -- that Obama has been less than scrupulous in his description of his experience -- fails to persuade for two reasons that ought to be obvious to any political pundit:

1) As Thomas Jefferson rightly observed, the first mission of any statesman is to get himself elected, and

2) Barack Obama's self-reporting is factually accurate. One can argue his presentation of those facts tends to emphasize some points more than others, and/or that such emphasis weights those facts unfairly -- almost as if he were a person padding a resume in hopes of landing a better job.

Well, maybe Obama feels the job of POTUS is better than the job of US Senator from Illinois. Contrast Obama's claims against those of John McCain (a coward unwilling to die for the "principles" for which he bombed North Vietnamese; arguably, a collaborator with his "captors" -- and a nut that has suggested we keep US troops in Iraq for another 100 years).

If you're going to pad your resume, pad it with stuff that casts a favorable light on you. There's no more a link between Barack Obama and Osama bin Laden than there is between John McCain and Osama bin Laden: all that garbage is for the dullest of idiots.

Having not personally interviewed Talbot or Ayers or any of the other alleged "friends and associates" of Obama, so I can't provide an objective and fair assessment of their respective characters;

however, it is an immutable truth that the highest duty of the patriot is to protect his or her countryman from their government. Beyond that, the means employed is simply a matter of expedience. We MUST vote; else, we risk anarchy.

Would that there were a genuine Libertarian -- or even better, a non-partisan someone willing to restore the USA to Constitutional government.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Many of their membership are young, enthusiastic, civic-minded individuals, who I admit, soimetimes get carried away with issues.

Carried away enough to commit voter fraud?

Well, just goes to show you that in Chicago, once again, the Dead vote.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
OK. Thanks for breaking it down to the simplest terms for me.

He hasn't dealt with them since 1993 as far as I can tell. And then, it was respectable work.

Since 1993? Then what's this?...

To outsiders, Obama’s “long service with ACORN led many of its members to serve as the voluntary shock troops of Obama’s early political campaigns — his initial 1996 State Senate campaign, and his failed bid for Congress in 2000,” wrote Kurtz. “With Obama having personally helped train a new cadre of Chicago ACORN leaders, by the time of Obama’s 2004 U.S. Senate campaign, Obama and ACORN were ‘old friends.’”

He also paid ACORN affiliates during his recent Democratic primary contest. For example, leading up to the 2008 Ohio Democratic Primary, Obama’s campaign between Feb. 25 and March 17 paid Citizens Services, Inc., a subsidiary of ACORN, $832,598, apparently for get-out-the-vote activities.

ACORN affiliates = Plausible deniability, harder to draw the line directly to Obama, but not impossible.

[edit on 10/10/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Barack Obama does not have a long litigation history of published cases. Five cases of his were published. Two of them were ACORN, one of which he worked on twice on the Distict Court level as well as the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals.

republicanmichigander.blogspot.com...

case noted here.

CNN: ACORN fraud and ties to Obama
hotair.com...

Obama, Acorn & Their Starring Role in the Mortgage Crisis

www.crossactionnews.com...

From a comprehensive and thoroughly researched piece by Stanley Kurtz in the National Review titled, Inside Obama’s ACORN, we come to understand that ACORN has its roots in the anti-capitalist tenets of the 1960s radical left group the National Welfare Rights Organization. This groups’ goal was to force a radical reconstruction of what they described as “America’s unjust capitalist economy” by forcing the elimination of eligibility restrictions for those trying to attain inclusion on the welfare roles, thus creating an overloaded system, a crisis, so as to affect that reconstruction.

Barack Obama’s Connection to ACORN

In an article by Toni Foulkes, a Chicago ACORN leader and a member of ACORN’s National Association Board, published in Social Policy titled, Case Study: Chicago — The Barack Obama Campaign, Barack Obama is cited as being a key figure in ACORN’s yearly leadership-training seminars. Foulkes also exposes the fact that the much-touted Project Vote campaign which Obama takes credit for organizing was, in fact, in direct partnership with ACORN.

Barack Obama trained Madeleine Talbot’s budding ACORN staff how to organize people to action. He returned yearly to provide leadership-training seminars. And after ACORN employed the practice of coercing financial institution into providing low-interest loans to unqualified recipients Obama served as their legal counsel.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac may have acted as the mechanism for the initiation of today’s financial crisis, but ACORN and Barack Obama exist as the genesis, the single act that morphed into financial catastrophe for our country and, very likely, the world. To deny this elementary fact is to employ the math that got us into this mess.

www.crossactionnews.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Obama, ACORN, Subprime and Greed

Barack Obama's Involvement with ACORN Unearthed, Missing Article Recovered

www.clevelandleader.com...

Attempts to hide evidence of Obama's involvement with ACORN have included wiping the web clean of potentially damaging articles that had appeared, and were previously publicly accessible. Unfortunately, those behind the attempted cover-up failed to realize that in today's day and age, nothing disappears forever. There also exists another layer of the web, the hidden web, which is full of information included in proprietary scholarly databases where these very same "missing" articles can be easily uncovered.

Obama's campaign website states:

Fact: Barack was never an ACORN trainer and never worked for ACORN in any other capacity.

"Obama took the case, known as ACORN vs. Edgar (the name of the Republican governor at the time) and we won. Obama then went on to run a voter registration project with Project VOTE in 1992 that made it possible for Carol Moseley Braun to win the Senate that year. Project VOTE delivered 50,000 newly registered voters in that campaign (ACORN delivered about 5,000 of them).

Since then, we have invited Obama to our leadership training sessions to run the session on power every year, and, as a result, many of our newly developing leaders got to know him before he ever ran for office. Thus it was natural for many of us to be active volunteers in his first campaign for STate Senate and then his failed bid for U.S. Congress in 1996. By the time he ran for U.S. Senate, we were old friends."

He has lied and backpeddled on just about everything I have investigated,

Now that the facts are becoming more clear,

Deny ignorance

Obama to amend report on $800,000 in spending

www.pittsburghlive.com...

But, said Blair Latoff, spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee: "Barack Obama's failure to accurately report his campaign's financial records is an incredibly suspicious situation that appears to be an attempt to hide his campaign's interaction with a left-wing organization previously convicted of voter fraud. For a candidate who claims to be practicing 'new' politics, his FEC reports look an awful lot like the 'old-style' Chicago politics of yesterday."

[edit on 123131p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Obama – “I’ve been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career … “ (Steven Malanga, “Organizer in Chief,” (NY) City Journal, Summer 2008.

Obama and his campaign recently funneled hundreds of thousands of $$$ (+ $800,000) through CITIZENS SERVICES INC. – an ACORN shell corporation.

The Woods Fund and the Chicago Annenberg Challenge – involving both Obama and Terrorist Ayers – funneled large sums of money to ACORN.

The Wall Street Journal reported that Obama was an attorney for ACORN, trained ACORN activists and dispensed funds to ACORN.

ACORN has been in trouble before this.
It’s just that the country wasn’t as interested.

FEC Reports that a Michelle Malkin article links to.

Pittsburg Tribune Review – Obama hid $800,000 in transactions with ACORN through Citizens Services Inc.

KXMC News North Dakota

Wall Street Journal

Real Clear Politics

Compilation of ACORN news articles

Trust but Verify

Prediction – We will be hearing Obama say – ‘That’s not the ACORN I knew.”

edited immediately to fix link

[edit on 10/10/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

None of this is new to us flyers, I just quit posting info because of how angry people would get.

[edit on 123131p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Obama's handlers have done an amazing job scrubbing the net, but as your post eludes to, the shear magnitude of data is impossible to hide.

Is it me or is the MSM is just completely ignoring all these facts. What happened to investigative journalism?

Great job
keep up the good work. I wonder if any of the 5000 voters ACORN delivered back then played professional football for the Dallas Cowboys?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I just quit posting info because of how angry people would get.

BAH! Let 'em get angry. That's their problem.
Keep posting the facts. Some of it may sink in.

My prediction - Obama will say (as he has done with others)
"that's not the ACORN I knew'.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

And about this?

Sen. Barack Obama “is lying” when he insists that he has never prayed in a mosque and was never a Muslim, a prominent Middle East expert and journalist says.

Source: www.newsmax.com...

He'll say, "those weren't the muslim's I knew"

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Abraham Lincoln said, "You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time."

Unfortunately, the future of this country as well as the fate of the Western world depends on how many people will be fooled on election day, just a few weeks from today.

Right now, the polls indicate that a whole lot of the people are being fooled a whole lot of the time. The current financial bailout crisis has propelled Barack Obama into a substantial lead over John McCain, which is astonishing considering which man and which party has had the most responsibility with bringing on this crisis.

It raises the question: Do facts matter? Or is Obama's rhetoric and the media's spin enough to make facts irrelevant?

Facts don't matter much politically if they are not reported, and the media is not alone in keeping the facts from the American public. Republicans, (for reasons unknown) don't seem to know what it is to counter-attack. Because they have waited so long to do anything at all, they now seem desperate. And of course, any criticism of the "Messiah" is either immediately dismissed, or lately deemed racially motivated. Considering the Republicans "too little too late" approach, they deserve to lose, but the rest of the country doesn't!

We do not deserve to be put in the hands of a glib and cocky know-it-all, who has accomplished absolutely nothing beyond the advancement of his own career with rhetoric and outright lies. A man who has for years aligned himself with a succession of people who have either openly expressed their outright hatred of America, or engaged in questionable fund raising tactics (fraud) on his behalf in an "anything goes" effort to get him elected.

I know many on this site dismiss anything and everything reported about BHO by FOX (FAUX as some like to call it) as outright lies, but where would we be without them? Take Hannity, Limbaugh, Drudge, NewsMax, Levin, and FOX out of the mix and every other media source is basically in the tank for O'Bama. Is our great country really best served being led by a man who's either refused to answer (that's above my pay grade), or was never asked the tough questions? An individual who at every political "crossroads" has the voting record of a man pandering for votes? Instead of processing the data, verifying the facts and choosing a side, he votes "present"?

One can criticize Bush for a lot of things and rightfully so, but at least the man took a side and then stuck to it. We are about to elect a man who has made very few commitments, and worse than that, we have no idea what any of his answers will be because he was never asked the questions in the first place. And because of the issue of race, if you think these questions are hard to ask now, wait 'til he's POUTS.

[edit on 10/10/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
For those who are interested. This is the new ad that McCain is coming out with - dealing with Obama and his vast ACORN involvement -

McCain Acorn Ad

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join