It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and the ACORN organization.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Here's a little more information on ACORN for those who are interested. It doesn't sound quite as benign as some would make it seem.

If you don't know what ACORN (the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now) is all about, you better bone up. This left-wing group takes in 40 percent of its revenues from American taxpayers -- you and me -- and has leveraged nearly four decades of government subsidies to fund affiliates that promote the welfare state and undermine capitalism and self-reliance, some of which have been implicated in perpetuating illegal immigration and encouraging voter fraud. A new whistleblower report from the Consumer Rights League claims that Chicago-based ACORN has commingled public tax dollars with political projects.

Who in Washington will fight to ensure that your money isn't being spent on these radical activities?

Don't bother asking Barack Obama. He cut his ideological teeth working with ACORN as a "community organizer" and legal representative. Naturally, ACORN's political action committee has warmly endorsed his presidential candidacy. ACORN head Maude Hurd gushes that Obama is the candidate who "best understands and can affect change on the issues ACORN cares about" -- like ensuring their massive pipeline to your hard-earned money. Let's take a closer look at the ACORN Obama knows.

Last July, ACORN settled the largest case of voter fraud in the history of Washington State. Seven ACORN workers had submitted nearly 2,000 bogus voter registration forms.

Full Story

[edit on 8-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Here in Nevada officals started looking at ACORN on voter fraud issues last month.

Election fraud task force formed

Clark County officials have said they suspect fraud is occurring in the thousands of voter registrations being submitted by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN, which works to get low-income people to vote. ACORN, whose officials have faced fraud charges in other states, says the group's workers are trained to follow the law.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Barack Hussein Obama would not even be a household name if the media did what it is supposed to do.

Good work to the OP. You can bet if they were picking apart Obama the way they are trying to pick apart Sarah Palin, this idiot Obama would still be sitting in the pews of Reverend Wright's church organizing a food drive for some crack addicts.

Tag, Flag, Digg, Google this thread! People need to be aware of this!

I sent an email to Sean Hannity linked to this thread. Sean Hannity touched on this on his radio show yesterday.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'ma registered democrat, but I have big problems with this group and the idea that it does actually hurt business.

We as a people need as many jobs as possible, especially given that a great number of us are or have been out of work for years.

Let's say Obama only "used" this group to get the accolades. What does that say about his abilty to follow up on how he may be perceived after their actions unfold.

On the reverse, let's propose Obama has a vitalhand in this organization. What would be his motivation to maintain a connection when he realizes it is not always as helpful as he would have intended?

Now, I know the answer in my own mind, which is he probably doesn't care one way or the other, truly. It's resume fodder. And, it "sounds good paper".

This election scares me fellas. And, not only scared of the Dems, I am scared of the Republican ticket too. We have some major issues on both sides.

The issue then is do we pick the group that can do the least amount of harm and if so which is it?

Jacob Marley

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I am with you, this elections are the biggest circus in town, for those that have eyes to see we can tell the big joke that our presidential elections has become in this nation.

The honesty is lacking and the corruption is rampant.

I decided to stand up and vote, even just for the personal satisfaction even if I already know that the next president is already elected.

But my vote is not going for neither of the primary corporate ones.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Excellent thread and great job on bringing this to light around here. I must add though that it is still amazing we haven't seen BH and the usual Obama drones here defending this.

Of course, I guess they have the same reasoning for never showing up in the Ayers threads either...there is no defending Obama on these radical associations.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

I am a first time reply-er if I may and I have been to an Acorn office. I don't know too much about them but I do know that they seem to be an organization that helps poor people in poor urban neighborhoods get involved with injustices in their community. As a poor person myself, I appreciate the fact the there are those out there that actually believe in helping those that are less fortunate. From all of the blogs I've been reading thus far, it seems as if everyone is bashing Obama for wanting to take up a cause that may be what drives him to want to change America for better and not for worse. Please tell me how trying to get people involved with bettering their communities is a bad thing? If you think that's the case, then maybe ya'll just don't get it! Now coming from a poor person myself,I appreciate the fact that there are some out there that believe in helping the less fortunate. In fact, I appreciate it so much that I'm 33 yrs old and have been looking for a cause all my life and think I may have found it now! All you people do is rant about these so called Obama conspiracies and it's getting sickening! C'mon let's give the guy a chance! I wonder what it will be next? Is Obama going to be the cause of 2012 end prophecies crap also? Please! Oh I get it damned if he do damned if he don't! The Repubs have led this country for 8 long and may I say 8 very long yrs (in the wrong direction) may I add and all Obama is saying is that he knows that there can be a better America than the one we have seen in the past 8! C'mon people, time for some change!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I have a feeling they don't want it bumped to the top, so they are staying out. The more it stays on the front page, the longer it raises questions about Obama. Deny Ignorance, yeah right..

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You got it. It's not just this one or the Ayers threads either.

Every thread that someone makes about a non issue like race or religion or gaffes, they are all over it in a heartbeat defending him to no end. Now, I don't have a problem with that at all.

BUT...

If they can defend him on those little things, why can't they defend him on the things that really matter; like these associations?

Must be something to that hmmm...?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

ACORN head Maude Hurd gushes that Obama is the candidate who "best understands and can affect change on the issues ACORN cares about"

Its quotes like this that worry me. If these ACORN people are confident he will pursue the issues they care about, than this country has a right to know about his work with them. I think most American's would be astonished to learn some of the things ACORN and Obama believe in. Unfortunately, we aren't allowed to know. The media is seeing to that.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I've come to the disheartening conclusion that it wouldn't matter if you had 100% certifiable proof of a conspiracy, nobody here would care, much less listen. You're beating a dead horse. This is not a criticism of your post, it's a testimony to the apathy on this board regarding the pursuit of truth and the denial of ignorance. Sorry for the interruption..

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Hey Doronek thread call my attention I am very interested on this issue with Obama, I already got Biden figure out but Obama was a littler harder to understand.

I will like to know if Acorn has been collecting money for Obama campaign and how much.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I tagged this thread with "ACORN" and "community organizer" and I swear someone removed them last night. Maybe my computer/internet did something crazy. Anyway, I just tagged it again and hopefully would like to remind people that the tagging system is still in place!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Actually, Obama has been giving them money and lying about where the money was going.

www.pittsburghlive.com...

U.S. Sen. Barack Obama's presidential campaign paid more than $800,000 to an offshoot of the liberal Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now for services the Democrat's campaign says it mistakenly misrepresented in federal reports.

An Obama spokesman said Federal Election Commission reports would be amended to show Citizens Services Inc. -- a subsidiary of ACORN -- worked in "get-out-the-vote" projects, instead of activities such as polling, advance work and staging major events as stated in FEC finance reports filed during the primary.

Here is a run down of where the Obama campaign originally claimed the money was going.

www.americanthinker.com...

$310,441.20 25-FEB-08 STAGING, SOUND, LIGHTING
$160,689.40 27-FEB-08 STAGING, SOUND, LIGHTING
$98,451.20 29-FEB-08 TRAVEL/LODGING
$74,578.01 13-MAR-08 STAGING, SOUND, LIGHTING
$18,417.00 28-MAR-08 POLLING
$18,633.60 29-APR-08 STAGING, SOUND, LIGHTING
$63,000.00 29-APR-08 ADVANCE WORK
$105.84 02-MAY-08 LICENSE FEES
$105.84 02-MAY-08 LICENSE FEES
$75,000.00 17-MAY-08 ADVANCE WORK
$13,176.20 17-MAY-08 PER DIEM

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Excellent post Dronetek very well done... I am a current Obama supporter, but once I get off work I will definitely take the time to read through this. Thanks for the info it should be very educational.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan
Excellent post Dronetek very well done... I am a current Obama supporter, but once I get off work I will definitely take the time to read through this. Thanks for the info it should be very educational.

Since we're supposed to be talking about only issues, you would think the Obama people would want to discuss this. We have Obama working with these people for years, meeting his radical friends and eventually giving them $8000,000 under the table and nobody wants to discuss it....

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Thanks Dronetek for bringing this to my attention. I haven't heard of this before but I will research it more and help to bring attention to this thread. Stared and Flagged!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Dronetek, I have read the information I can find about this several times and I honestly cannot figure out the problem. I'm sure it's my misunderstanding, but as far as I can tell, Obama doesn't have any real contact with ACORN.

ACORN supports his presidency, but that doesn't have anything to do with him.
Over 20 years ago, Obama worked with Acorn on various projects.
ACORN today is involved in practices you disagree with (are they illegal?)
ACORN today is being investigated to probe potential illegalities and abuse of taxpayer funds

Is there any indication that Obama has been involved with this group for the past 15 years or so?

I would really appreciate a little explanation so that I can understand where you're coming from, because frankly, I'm not getting it. Thanks.

Source

Melanie Sloan, executive director of the liberal-leaning Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said the campaign's error on FEC documents doesn't seem extraordinary, especially considering the huge amounts of money being spent.

"It's rare that people don't file any amended reports.
If he has a pattern of lots and lots of amended reports, that would be more noteworthy than an occasional one," Sloan said.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

but as far as I can tell, Obama doesn't have any real contact with ACORN.

You might have missed it, but a few posts up I posted a story about Obama's campaign giving ACORN 800,000 in donations and lying about what the money was being spent on.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I saw that. It looks like the Obama Campaign paid CSI for a service of some sort. Right? I'm not convinced they lied about it because as your source said, when the Obama Campaign saw that their FEC report was inaccurate they corrected it.

Is there something illegal or morally wrong about paying this CSI for a service, even if they are a subsidiary of ACORN (which I can't find any proof of)?

ACORN is being investigated but I don't see where CSI is under investigation for anything.

Can you lay out what the problem is?

Because if all you're trying to say is that Obama lied, there's really no proof of that and this is all conjecture. I can't find anything to back up the assertion that CSI is a subsidiary of ACORN.

I think it's also important to look at the guy (David M. Brown) who wrote the one source of this information to see if he might have a motive.

If I Make More Money Than You, That Doesn't Mean I'm Stealing From You

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join