It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and the ACORN organization.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
*What is Acorn?

They would describe themselves as a community action group, that helps low to middle class families with house, loans and other social needs. The problem is, they are also an anti-Capitalist group that has long ago crossed the line in to extremism (think code pink).

This is what Wiki says about ACORN.

On the surface it looks like this group just wants to help people, but it goes much deeper than that. According to Palestinian born journalist Sol Stern, this group is nothing more than a radical group, "leading this city to serfdom".

www.city-journal.org...

If you thought the New Left was dead in America, think again. Walk through just about any of the nation’s inner cities, and you’re likely to find an office of ACORN, bustling with young people working 12-hour days to “organize the poor” and bring about “social change.” The largest radical group in the country, ACORN has 120,000 dues-paying members, chapters in 700 poor neighborhoods in 50 cities, and 30 years’ experience. It boasts two radio stations, a housing corporation, a law office, and affiliate relationships with a host of trade-union locals. Not only big, it is effective, with some remarkable successes in getting municipalities and state legislatures to enact its radical policy goals into law.

The Wall Street Journal also covered this group:
www.manhattan-institute.org...

The movement is not always what it appears to be. Though Acorn touts living-wage laws as a way to lift the working poor into the middle class, the vast body of academic work on wage laws shows that they end up hurting the poor by forcing businesses to eliminate some low-wage jobs. Acorn's own leadership understands this principle perfectly. When California regulators sued Acorn for not paying its own workers the minimum wage, Acorn argued that this would endanger its mission—because it would have to hire fewer workers.

So basically, they drove business out of town with their practices, but called foul when it came back on them.

More about ACORN's radical practices.

This group is being investigated for voter fraud right now. Apparently, their workers registered about 2,000 fraudulent voters for an election.

elections.foxnews.com...

The ACORN workers told state investigators that they went to the Seattle public library, sat at a table and filled out the voter registration forms. They made up names, addresses, and Social Security numbers and in some cases plucked names from the phone book. One worker said it was a lot of hard work making up all those names and another said he would sit at home, smoke marijuana and fill out the forms.

*How does this relate to Obama?

When you here Obama tout his "community organizer" experience. ACORN is what hes talking about. What has he done for this group?

1. Obama worked with a woman named Madeleine Talbot (ACORN leader), to clean up asbestos. Actually, she did all the work and Obama just took all the credit. In any case, Talbot lead an attempted raid on the Chicago City Council.

article.nationalreview.com...
www.latimes.com...

And what exactly was Talbot’s work with Acorn? Talbot turns out to have been a key leader of that attempt by Acorn to storm the Chicago City Council (during a living-wage debate). While Sol Stern mentions this story in passing, the details are worth a look: On July 31, 1997, six people were arrested as 200 Acorn protesters tried to storm the Chicago City Council session. According to the Chicago Daily Herald, Acorn demonstrators pushed over the metal detector and table used to screen visitors, backed police against the doors to the council chamber, and blocked late-arriving aldermen and city staff from entering the session. As Talbot was led away handcuffed, charged with mob action and disorderly conduct, she explicitly justified her actions in storming the meeting. This was the woman who first drew Obama into his alliance with Acorn, and whose staff Obama helped train.

2. Obama claims to have worked with with blacks, whites and Hispanics with this group, but in the LA times article, the community claims it was mostly blacks.

www.latimes.com...

Consider the second charge against Obama raised by the L.A. Times backgrounder. On the stump today, Obama often says he helped prevent South Side Chicago blacks, Latinos, and whites from turning on each other after losing their jobs, but many of the community organizers interviewed by the L. A. Times say that Obama worked overwhelmingly with blacks.

Not that big of a deal, but it goes to show how Obama misleads people about what hes done as a so called "Community Organizer".

3. According to Tony Foulkes (Chicago Acorn leader and a member of Acorn’s National Association Board) Obma trained ACORN "leaders" for "project Vote".

Foulkes claims that Acorn specifically sought out Obama’s representation in the motor voter case, remembering Obama from the days when he worked with Talbot. And while many reports speak of Obama’s post-law school role organizing “Project VOTE” in 1992, Foulkes makes it clear that this project was undertaken in direct partnership with Acorn. Foulkes then stresses Obama’s yearly service as a key figure in Acorn’s leadership-training seminars.

So along with the reservoir of political support that came to Obama through his close ties with Jeremiah Wright, Father Michael Pfleger, and other Chicago black churches, Chicago Acorn appears to have played a major role in Obama’s political advance.

What does all of this add up to? If nothing else, it deserves attention from the media. Obama obviously has some close ties to them. Hes trained, protested, organized and has been a lawyer for the organization. The same group that had a hand in his rise to power.

Why has the media been silent on this? How in the world can a person that claims hes for the little guy, train an organization that ends up hurting the poor and is proven to do so? Why is Obama surrounded by so many radicals? How in the world is this not a huge news story?

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you posted this.

I've been seeing the Obama/ACORN connection discussed at some news/blog sites. Yet another Obama relationship with corruption.

Obama/Friends The corrupt ACORN group should be added to this video. Perhaps as 'special guest star' or something!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
In response to the OP's question: ' Why has the media been silent about this ? ', it appears very clear that the media (and we know, don't we, who controls the US media) doesn't want the average Sheepie-voter TO know about Obama's past affiliations and special-interests.

It appears, therefore, that the media (and we know who controls the US media) is keen for Obama to be elected. And we should ask 'why' ?

Why hasn't OBAMA been more open about his affiliations and special-interests ? Well, seems clear that Obama realises that these may not endear him to the voting public.

So, Obama ... aided by that particular group which controls the US media .. is being assisted by that media to conceal certain information.

Surely by now though, the average American is smarter than to rely on the US media for anything like even half-honest information ?

Maybe not. Which is why OP's such as that above are so vitally important.

After all, can the US afford any more nut-jobs at the helm ?

Look around .. half the world is itching to destroy the US, especially after the Bush-Cheyney war-mongering and other disasters.

Not that the current candidates are much improvement.

Only real question is: will the US ever have a sane, reasonably decent President ?

The way the election process favours lunatics and criminals, the answer most probably is a resounding 'no'.

In fact, considering that the US imagines itself free to create wars world-wide and to involve other nations against their will ... the entire world's population should be provided a vote in the US elections. If that occurred, there may .. just may .. be some improvement.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thanks Dronetek is nice to see the darker side of our presidential candidates closet been exposed.

I had not clue what Acorn was until now, I guess I have not seen any offices in my neck of the woods.

But I am sure to be looking for one now to see what they are up to.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I had not clue what Acorn was until now, I guess I have not seen any offices in my neck of the woods.

I think the most interesting thing is their affect on the poor and local business. They seem to run business out of town, which than effects the poor. We've argued many times that Obama's policies, which right out of ACORN, will actually hurt the economy. I think we may have some proof right here.

The only problem, getting the Obama media to report it.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have never taken very seriously Obama so call tittle of community organizer because anybody can tell that is nothing more than political rant to get some admiration and to make him look like he is closer to regular joe.

I guess Obama has been good to Acorn as I keep researching and finding more of the links of Obama the senator to the money been funded to Acorn for community services.

This actually deserve more scrutiny because it has to be some agenda behind this organization that meet the eye, unless Obama was that innocent that he has not been supervising how the organization works.

I am also very aware that political propaganda will make this issue a lot bigger that it is if is nothing more than a harmful organization.

But I am more aware that in today’s politics is no such think as innocent actions everything goes in the game of politics.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
ACORN is synonomous with voter fraud.

Just let Lord Obama keep hyping his community organizer days, while at the same time dissing small town mayors.

Anyone see the polls lately?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Where are all the usual suspects to debunk and dismiss this? I thought for sure Benevolent and the gang would be right on it. This could be a really good discussion about the issues involving the difference between Obama and Mccain's view on the economy!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Must say, so far pretty interesting. Will have to dig in a little deeper to see what this add up to.

I'm working on another story that I will post soon along these lines

they drove business out of town with their practices

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Where are all the usual suspects to debunk and dismiss this? I thought for sure Benevolent and the gang would be right on it.

ACORN is a hack organization of frauds that hold up legitimate candidates for money. Has nothing to do with Obama, but to hell with them all the same.

I'm talking to Dems now. Give ACORN no money or volunteer hours. Can you say # them here?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Where are all the usual suspects to debunk and dismiss this? I thought for sure Benevolent and the gang would be right on it. This could be a really good discussion about the issues involving the difference between Obama and Mccain's view on the economy!

because they cannot give a retort to the obvious truth, they let the thread die,

I have started these sort of threads on Ayers, Rezko, ect.ect,

no one ever counters them.

[edit on 043030p://bMonday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
ACORN is synonomous with voter fraud.

I wish. Then they'd be worth the money they defraud candidates out of.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Good job on revealing some about ACORN....

You sure compiled a lot from the 02:21 post i made about ACORN, ;-) www.abovetopsecret.com...

And created an informative thread about the ACORN org. across many different fronts at 06:49...

Bravo,
Glad you done the digging !
*=star

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Good job on revealing some about ACORN....

You sure compiled a lot from the 02:21 post i made about ACORN, ;-)

Thats just when I last edited the OP. I made this thread around 1:00am forum time.

In fact, I tried to get Loyd to move his OP to my thread.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

In fact, I tried to get Loyd to move his OP to my thread.

Dronetek,

I had planned a slightly different angle for my post, and didn't want to derail yours with my speculations. I was going to tie the ACORN piece in with a couple of disturbing things Obama has spoken of in the past, which now make sense to me.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
OK, for what I have been able to research, Acorn was in the beginning a New political Party, in which Obama was the leader.

But how come this wasn't in the news before?

It seems that Acorn was the way to establish the New Party roots in every state.

As a community service organization.

But then again how did Obama made it to The democratic Party as their candidate and left the emerging party out.

Obviously they were catering to the poor in the communities they were getting established.

So the Democratic party pick him up because the links Obama already had established with Acorn.

No wonder Obama was so popular, interesting.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Ah ok Loyd, its no problem. Thats actually good if you have another angle on this. The more attention we can bring to it, the better. Hopefully, the media will start paying attention.

reply to post by marg6043

Which is interesting, because thats apparently how he met up with Ayers AND Wright. All of these radical friends he has, come from his work with ACORN.

Is it possible Obama has been groomed for this position? If so, I think people would find his history at ACORN pretty disturbing.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Sure are alot of connections

ACORN
Rezco
Ayers
Walmart

But the media casually hits on them.

The guy may indeed be an innocent bystander in all of these connections
but one has to wonder why the media refuses to tell the whole story.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
LOL!

So activism is now extremism? I'll be sure to inform the thousands of Moms, Grandmas, and Sisters who participate in Cancer 3-days. Furthermore, is it acceptable for law firms to make money off of the results of asbestos exposure with class action lawsuits, but unacceptable for activists to educate and protect the the community against the threat to their health?

As a former state investigator who has worked closely with ACORN affiliates, I can assure you that there is not much that is subversive or dangerous about them...unless you consider Constitutional rights subversive and dangerous. Plus, the idea of getting them collectively to agree on any one platform is hilarious!

Do gooders at best. Not that that is bad...just not always effective. Many of their membership are young, enthusiastic, civic-minded individuals, who I admit, soimetimes get carried away with issues.

One thing I can say is that ACORN is definitely a bottom-up, grass-roots organization - just like Obama's campaign, so at least he's not a sell-out! Besides, a lot of legals - straight out of school - work for ACORN just for the legal/Constitutional Law experience.

Have fun chasing your tails.

[edit on 8/9/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Actually this new for me, I thought I knew everything about Obama, but this is a very new development and I am sure to keep searching for more information to make my own opinion of what is all about between Obama and Acorn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join