It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Obama's religion? ("My Muslim faith")

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I don't know, and don't care, about Obama's religious beliefs.

What I do care about is whether or not he becomes an atheist, as soon as he is sworn in. The President of the USA is supposed to be the president of every American, be they Christians, Muslims, Buddhist, Scientologist, Satanist, Hindu, and so on...
The only way for him to do it is by becoming "technically" an Atheist...

We are fed up with "Popes, Priests and Ministers" in the White House, that was supposed to be religious free...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.
For you people to be in the land of the free i really have a hard time understand what his religious faith has to do with him running for Presisdent.

Because Islam is both a political and religious movement. It can be used as both, but it can't be questioned since we have the "live and let live" laws. (I call them laws, because if you questions someones faith, you're usually considered hateful or something to that tune.)

Originally posted by Loke.Aim towards their core, their politics and keep out faith and family.

But if that persons religious views proclaim that it's needed to kill all infidels... I think Americans have the right to know.

I just with the U.S. would find someone to guide them out of all the crap. I don't care what or where that person comes to or does (doesn't) pray to.

Peace,
FK

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

www.daylife.com...

Barack Hussien Obama ... aka Barry Soetoro

Here are his school registration papers.

His religion is listed as MUSLIM.

It doesn't matter what his father's religion was - because his father abandoned him and had no influence in regards to religion.

Obama's step-father, who was involved in raising him, was Muslim.

FF,

Why are you troubling her with all these nit-picking details, when she's obviously busy denying ignorance?

[edit on 7-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It was a weird slip, however anytime obama mentions faith I get the feeling he's just trying to get or keep votes. I can believe he didn't know about some of the things said at trinity church because he probably wasn't there very often.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
straight from the horses(ass)'s mouth, his muslim faith....

Wouldn't it be straight from the jackass's mouth?

He is a democrat after all. (donkey = jackass)

Anyway, Nobama Bin Biden is a closet muslim. This slip of the tongue was no gaffe. He accidentally told the truth.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Now the question is...

Did he let the truth slip out...
Or did he just mispeak...

THEN THE QUESTIONS IS...
How many times is this guy going to misspeak on VERY simple things...

And...

SOmeone was saying that religion and homosexuality is comparable...

HILARIOUS...

But, in todays new San Fransicko world...
You may be right...

The Gay Mafia, and the Gay Reighct are doing a FULL scale brainwashign of our children here in california... Much like germany in the 30's...

If you are going to make that case, then you are admiting what ive been saying for years...

Facism is CLEAR AND ALIVE here in the US...
Instead of Swastikas, they are covered in rainbows...

Fear the Gay Reighct...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Did he let the truth slip out...

Yeahp, he let the truth slip out. I wish he'd do that about his fake Certificate of Birth. Who knows with him, he probably will.

For him to blurt out the Muslim faith phrase likely means he practices it often, otherwise he wouldn't do a Freudian Slip as he often does. He should put that stuff on hold while running for office so it isn't on his mind.

Don't forget, there are 57 Muslim Nations as well - yet another Freudian Slip.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
After doing a little searching I found this article which pretty much says it all..

Barack Obama's Muslim Childhood

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

But BH, O(bs)ama has the best trainers and handlers money can buy.

He's also supposed to be pretty intelligent. Well, a lot of you seem to think so, anyway.

Doesn't it make sense then that of all the subjects he would be trained on to not screw up it would be the religion question.

But if it actually is the truth, well, maybe training just can't overcome it.

[edit on 9/7/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

"I'm a Muslim, by the way. Do I get to vote . . . "

Dunno. Are you registered? It's pretty simple, you can even do it online some places.

I think the point is that people of genuine religious faith do not, even accidentally, refer to themselves as the member of another faith. The groundswell response to Barack Hussein's gaffe also shows that Americans are starting to learn about the Islamic religious doctrines of "taqqiya" and "kitman" -- intentional deception and evasion to further the cause of Islam-- and are beginning to wonder if Obama is using them.

He's deceived us about his school registration as a Muslim, his Koran memorization classes, and his mosque attendance in the past. Is there even more to it?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

But if it actually is the truth, well, maybe training just can't overcome it.

Has anybody confirmed or debunked the school records on Philip Berg's site that show Obama's religion as "Islam?"

Look at line 4 below:

Source

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I don't think I have ever heard a more damaging Freudian slip in my life. It is something that will take many many votes away from him no matter how many times he says it was just a slip up.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Geez, how did I know that after watching this interview this morning that SOMEONE here on ATS would start a thread about it and people would jump all over it. I can't wait for O'Reilly tomorrow...

I find it amazing that, despite all evidence, people STILL insist on believing what they want and shutting their minds off to anything else. There's a poster above me that calls for Obama to quit lying and tell the truth. That's not an example of someone with an open mind who will listen to intellectual debate about a subject. What a joke.

I also find it very interesting that when Rev. Jeremiah Wright is in the picture (a Christian leader), that Obama (supposedly) believes everything he does and (supposedly) shares the same views, since they have formed a mentorship relationship; however, the same people ALSO accuse Obama of being a Muslim. So, which is it, Wright's beliefs, or his own secret Islamic ones? Both don't fit, but then again, many on here are severely one-sided.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Do you need more proof than his own words, or do you think that's a Barack Obama double being interview?

Well, this entire quote is taken out of context. He didn't even misspeak now that I look at it a bit more. Barack Obama was talking about how his "muslim faith" is talked about. It wasn't a mistake to say it, because whether or not it happened, it has taken on a life of its own and some people will never be convinced that he is not a Muslim.

When George said "christian faith" it didn't make sense because the people spreading those rumors don't talk about his christian faith, they talk about his muslim faith as though he has one in the first place. why would they talk about his christian faith if they're claiming he isn't a christian?

So this isn't even a mistake in Obama's language. The only problem here is George's inability to follow what he was saying. Okay, so this is where you guys tell me that i'm just in the tank for Obama!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
I imagine he is free to claim whatever religion he likes. If we had a say... jehovahs witness candidate claiming that they were christian, then im sure many catholics would stand up and say "hey, your not christian" and the debate would be on. The man obviously identifies himself as christian and that should be enough. If you disagree with his assessment thats YOUR issue. And dont be saying he's lieing unless you can point out proof.
Do you need more proof than his own words, or do you think that's a Barack Obama double being interview?

Yeah i need some solid proof instead of some right wing cutted video sequence, where all are taken out of its context...

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
even if his school cert is real, so what? he was a kid! Kids dont have religion they have a bit of brainwashing. I was raised as a Catholic, but now i couldnt be further from it. As to Muslims being required to kill infidels, well there are fundamentalist muslims, midline muslims, and mystical muslims, just as there are the same types of christians and jews, and the christian ideology also advocates killing of other groups much as any koran does, so how does this make any difference? He is obviously not a fundamentalist, whereas BUSH, the born again christian (and they are all extreme fundamentalists, just like JW) has waged a massive ethnic cleansing war on arabs and muslims since he got into office. Then theres Mccain who is responsible for killing innocent vietnamese, and most likely women and children, in a war to deny them the right to independence and self determination. Far as i know, Obama has been responsible for no ones death as yet. Which isnt to say that i like obama, but it definitely puts him ahead of Mccain and Bush.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre

Well, this entire quote is taken out of context. He didn't even misspeak now that I look at it a bit more. Barack Obama was talking about how his "muslim faith" is talked about. It wasn't a mistake to say it, because whether or not it happened, it has taken on a life of its own and some people will never be convinced that he is not a Muslim.

When George said "christian faith" it didn't make sense because the people spreading those rumors don't talk about his christian faith, they talk about his muslim faith as though he has one in the first place. why would they talk about his christian faith if they're claiming he isn't a christian?

So this isn't even a mistake in Obama's language. The only problem here is George's inability to follow what he was saying. Okay, so this is where you guys tell me that i'm just in the tank for Obama!

Well even though you are right, the mere fact that Obama didn't redirect snufalufagas to see his error was an unthinking error on Obamas part. Don't we need someone in office who is quicker than that? Even though I agree it was really the interviewers error, it will still be used against him.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
even if his school cert is real, so what? he was a kid!

The only "so what" here is that I just read on another site that Obama said he has "always" been a Christian.

Not sure that it matters or not. To me, what would matter is if he's lying about it or trying to hide it just for political expediency.

Oh... and one other thing. If the school certificate is real, then Philip Berg just might have enough documentary evidence to make his case stick.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Overall, I'm giving all candidates a 'pass' on their slips.

But the way he said it ... "you're absolutly right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith".

Why word it that way? Why not say "you're right that McCain has never QUESTIONED my Christian faith or perpetuated rumors that I'm a muslim"

or "You're right that McCain has never brought up my religious beliefs" or "McCain never accussed me of being a Muslim"?

Something about this video doesn't sit right with me.

My personal opinion is that he spent at least a few years of his childhood as a Muslim and I don't see why he feels the need to deny or hide that.

His denial that he was ever a muslim when there is so much evidence to the contrary, ultimately hurts him and brings his credibility into question.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

Something about this video doesn't sit right with me.

My personal opinion is that he spent at least a few years of his childhood as a Muslim and I don't see why he feels the need to deny or hide that.

His denial that he was ever a muslim when there is so much evidence to the contrary, ultimately hurts him and brings his credibility into question.

I have the same gut feeling you do about it. It almost feels like he's sincerely grateful that McCain is man enough not to bring up his Muslim faith.

Think about it.

Why would Obama seem so grateful for McCain not lying about him? That makes no sense. You wouldn't be grateful to somebody just because they didn't lie about you.

No, I think you're right. Obama probably was raised in the Islamic faith at some point in his childhood, fears that public knowledge of this would ruin his political career, and is grateful that John McCain has the integrity not to make it an issue.

That scenario makes more sense to me than any other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join