It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Man Kills Home Intruder With His Own Gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Texas Man Kills Home Intruder With His Own Gun

www.foxnews.com

BLUE MOUND, Texas — When two gunmen smashed through the glass front door of her suburban Fort Worth home, Kellie Hoehn didn't think twice.

The 34-year-old mother of two grabbed a shotgun that had been pointed at her face early Wednesday, starting a struggle that ended with one intruder killed with his own weapon and another in the hospital.

"I wasn't going to let them get to my babies," she said, recalling the moment when she pushed up the muzzle of the shotgun, pointing it away from her children's rooms.

Although the intruders told her to keep quiet, she screamed for her husband. She told her 12-year-old son, who was awakened by the sound of the shattering glass front door, to get his 5-year-old sister and hide.

"It was like a horror movie," her husband, 32-year-old Keith Hoehn, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "I thought I was a dead man. We're fighting for our lives."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Click the link and read the full story on this one. It is an amazing story and the homeowners really need to thank their lucky stars on this one. Great story.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Of course, the two men's families are going to sue because the woman should have just allowed them to do what they want. And all of that will be because of bleeding heart liberals. And that is sad coming from me cause i am a liberal.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
Of course, the two men's families are going to sue because the woman should have just allowed them to do what they want. And all of that will be because of bleeding heart liberals. And that is sad coming from me cause i am a liberal.

Ive seen funnier things so I wouldnt doubt it one bit. I seriously dont see how a judge could side with scumbags like these guys breaking into a house with guns and threatening kids. They deserved a bullet in their chest. Im a believer that if every house had a gun you would see no more robberies. Not that these people had a gun but they are very lucky.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I don't think anything will happen to the homeowners because the law in Texas allows deadly force.

But I just have to shake my head at the would-be burglars in Texas. How many more have to die before they will just stop preying on innocent people? I guess this is an example of Darwin at work.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I guess this is an example of Darwin at work.

Hahahahahahahahaha

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I think the question that needs to be asked is, why did they attack this family out of the blue?
I mean it sounds as if they were on a roid rage or something, breaking in through a glass door?
Mind control?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Texas law was changed a year ago so that criminals cannot sue and profit from their crimes. Part of the Castle doctrine.

I suspect the only targeting was the thought in the crooks heads that there was something worth stealing in a house so they picked one. So much of this type of crime is random.

Edit: It appears that these bad guys had guns but were not ready to actually shot someone. To bad for them that the home owners were ready to defend their own life using the crooks weapons.

[edit on 9/22/2008 by roadgravel]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Good to see this to be honest. Here in the UK I have seen so many times that a burglar got his arse handed to him and then has sued the person and got compensation. We are allowed to used reasonable force but to what limits because even our police cant define it. If someone was to enter my house when I children are here I wouldn't think twice about using any amount of force needed to protect my family.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Gun laws only affect law-abiding citizens. Criminals will always find a way to get what they want and need.

This family is very lucky they survived by obtaining the crooks' weapons. I hope they purchase a firearm and get proper training. Just because you got attacked once doesn't meant you wont' again.

I have a friend who experienced 3 incidents in a month. No one was hurt. But presenting his firearm made the crooks think twice and ran away. Its just a matter of chance. Another friend and his wife got mugged with tasers in front of a supermarket in a very nice neighborhood. They were lucky those crooks only wanted my friend's wife's purse.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
We had a home invasion in my town also where somebody broke into a home, the woman (the homeowner) woke up to find somebody standing at the foot of her bed with a knife in their hand, and she screamed.

This brought her two sons running into her room, one started scuffling with the knife yielding intruder, the other one grabbed a shot gun and killed him.

No charges have been filed!

Vero Beach Man Shoots, Kills Intruder

ndian River County Sheriff’s Office detectives said Thomas Thompson was armed with a knife when he broke into the home on 47th Avenue and woke up Francis Hornsby. She screamed, alerting sons Robert, also known as Paris, 20, and Austin, 19.

“Someone came through our window, had a knife -- they’re in my mom’s room standing over her bed,” Austin Hornsby told WPBF News 25’s Terri Parker. “I chased him out, tackled him midway through the house. My brother came out, shot him with a shotgun, end of story.”

Charges unlikely in fatal home invasion shooting

"The way I understand the Castle Doctrine," said sheriff's Detective Chris Cassinari, an investigator on the case, "if someone forcibly breaks into your home — and there is evidence that that's what happened here, since there was evidence of a break-in and the fact that he was armed with a couple of knives — it is reasonable to assume that (the perpetrator) means you bodily harm, and you have the right to defend yourself up to and including the use of deadly force.

"All of the evidence I have to this point," Cassinari added, "indicates that this was a break-in where the resident of a home was protecting himself and his family."

Tom Bakkedahl, chief assistant state attorney for the 19th Judicial Circuit, which includes the Treasure Coast, agreed that the Thompson shooting "appears to be a good example" of the Castle Doctrine.

"Here you have people in their home, asleep, and a woman wakes up to find a strange man at the foot of her bed," he said. "It doesn't take a rocket scientist to conclude that he means to do you harm."

Bakkedahl said the Castle Doctrine, from the phrase: "A man's home is his castle," has origins in common law, "back when there were actually castles. You've never had to retreat from an intruder in your home when it comes to protecting yourself and your family."

Legislation enacted in Florida in October 2005 broadened the doctrine, Bakkedahl said, to include intrusions into an occupied vehicle and doing away with the "duty-to-retreat" principle.

"Let's say you're standing in the parking lot at Wal-Mart and you're attacked," Bakkedahl said. "The old law said you had to retreat from the attack until your back was up against the wall. You no longer have that duty. Even outside your 'castle,' you have the right to meet force with force, including deadly force."

I hope every state has a similiar law!

[edit on 10/15/2008 by Keyhole]

top topics

join