It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever had a dream that might not be a dream?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I still remember the sound and the thud in my chest, I was an ordinance soldier for some years in the army so I know what explosions feel like when the over pressure hits you in the chest.

Saddly Im affraid that even if this was just a dream I was the victim of a rather large bomb. Dare I say it... thermo nuclear????

I dont know.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by snowen20]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

yeah sounds that way, doesn't it? the outgoing explosion, return vacuum. is the tree by your real life house, and were the items you saw besides the debris, from your house? remember anything that wasn't in your house or isn't in your house now besides of course, the debris that might flow in from outside in such a scenario ? what color was the sky? do you remember what you were wearing? were they the same clothes? what part of the world do you live in? if in the states, what state? was there sound? if so, what? smells? if so, what?

it says in the bible, if its any consolation, that in the last days people would have alot of dreams and visions about the events coming in the near future. some may be real, some not, and some may be (as we've been discussing) some kind of time anomalie or out of body?

[edit on 5-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
interesting timeslip.

anyone remember the barney miller show? there was a character on there named Fish. i remember the actor who played him, Abe Vigoda, being announced dead on the news, and so do several other people. but apparently, he's alive and 87 years old. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Yeah the tree is there everything that was there existed here now unless it was gone,. As far as the sky is concerned i remember not really being able to see it because it was so much dust in the air. i just remember being able to see no more than maybe 10 or 12 feet beyond myself and i remember the pain of something sharp jabbing in the back but i couldnt move and I kinda gave up for dead so what was the point of trying to move anyway thats how bad off I was.

The thing is I call it a dream because in ALL LOGIC what else could it have been??

AS far as things missing, well nothing is missing that i can see, but there is one thing I have noticed that is out of the ordinary my back kitchen wondow is cracked in the lower left pane. I dont know how it happened, but logically somthing that has to make more sense than an out of time hydrogen blast! LOL " I HOPE"
There are some things though beyond that some things have been moved, but I guess I could have done that and just dont remeber.. My japanese lamp is also missing a peice of the glass that is inside.
I dont get that either,,,,another anomoly sorry....
Still really dont know what the hell happened. I want to say somthing but like I said I have to try to be logical here and just call it a dream..

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Well I thought sean connery was dead.....or is he I dont know anymore LOL

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

well i had a waking vision once. my kids verified for me that the physiological after effects were not my imagination as they were having the same thing but didn't tell me about till nearly an hour later, when they discussed it between them and decided they needed to ask me what it was. they said it felt like it was raining, inside the house, like little pinpricks of water on their skin. when my vision ended, i had that after effect of tingling numbness, but i didn't say anything to them or anyone else about it. they just came out of the room they had been playing in to ask me what it was, almost an hour later. boy you bet i asked alot of questions then. they were only 7 and 8 years old at the time. i was concerned for their safety.

were you awake? you don't know i take it. you don't recall falling asleep? the vertigo and floor falling sensation, i've had that when i've woken up from a falling dream. usually falling dreams are ended in one of several possible ways -- you wake up before you hit the ground, you hit the ground (which can be bad) and experience the effects in the dream, you fly, you poof to some less dangerous place or you bounce (and of course, any possible combination of those). but i've never heard of someone having a dream where you're getting tossed around in an explosion and fall into awakeness. that's a new one.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
well I cant say to be honest that I was asleep. look I mean what am I suppose to say here?

Thats the only explanation and to consider any other possibility would seem ludicrous, The big thing i guess that I havent mentioned here is that really shows me that either im clarvoyant or awake at time of reality collapse is this.

I had actually been watching the lawn guy weed whacking outside my window through the slits of the mini blinds. You know like just seeing some one move about outside the window. As I was laying there, he was wearing some kind of white shirt and a red hat, BOOM end of the world or somthing....Then I wasTossed back and there I was again watching him whack weeds except this time I was flipping out and writhing in discomfort .
Like you my skin was tingling for some reason for me however it was a pins and needles but all over my body and that nausia.
I did feel quite uncomfortable physically and also I have the weird problems with out of place stuff.
So yeah I have actually considerd the time displacment phenom but I really hate to believe it ya know what I mean?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
HAHAHA ok just to varify your former avatar was a butterfly right?
Dont want to be going nuts here..LOL

You really shouldnt do that in the middle of a time displacment convo!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

you weren't watching the blades spin were ya?

and it was pins and needles all over for me too. and for the kids, that's what they meant by raining in the house.
any radar towers, radar domes in your area?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

yep, butterfly. lol
sorry lol
oh that crossed my mind when i put the other up but figured you'd seen some of those changing avatars before.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
no I was in the house looking up at an angle to see the guy kind of through the slits in the mini blind that were closed. Thats how I could see what he was wearing.
Then when I was back so was everything else including him and that buzzing machine outside.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by snowen20]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

okay, the reason i ask is some quick movements, like spinning blades, flickering light, can trigger an epileptic seizure. was the sunlight flickering threw the mini blinds and/or tree branches? i doubt mine was a seizure since the kids had a similar physiological response and it only happened that one time, and was over 5 years ago.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
no nothing like that at all, just a regular morning, and the dull white walls and the ceiling, and then HELL on a silver platter thats about it.

But I see where your going good observation.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
you said, "why is it bad and never good"
you've had more than one of these types of experiences?
if it was a time slip, and people "slip" in groups, perhaps there are other people who had the same experience? dunno that i would believe someone else's agreement unless you trust them to be truthful with you. i've had maybe 3 or 4 meaningful dreams in my life, that i remember and that one vision and that's about it and i'm nearly 50. so i don't think i have a gift.
i believe it's the natural progression of the times in which we live.

my son related a few interesting dreams he's had. some good, some not so good. so i don't think the dreams are necessarily all bad, or the visions for that matter. perhaps the reason why future portent type dreams are primarily bad is because they may act as a warning. but time anomalies, i have no idea.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Nah the only reason I made the allways bad statement was because the OP seemed to lean that way in the opening remarks..

"utterly terrifying. Enough to make you think maybe it wasn't a dream."

Therefore I was simply asking a question in regards to that persons experience.
I mean I have had my fair share of nightmares. But nothing like sleep paralysis or waking dreams or anything like that.
I dont know, I have allways found night mares to rank on the same enjoyment scale as rollercoasters.

I know they cant hurt me and I like to take part in the ride, because after its over it was like an adventure.
But this time wow, Ill most certainly PASS!!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hello :-)

ok, crazy story for you:

I had many "awake" dreams before. One time, I traveled through the hole time, seeing egypts, maya-priest and so on. Then I had visions about people who gave me their light and show me who I am in this little world.

Then and this is the story, i had a really horror-trip-dream, or it was maybe not a dream...

It happened 2004. I went to bed and began to sleep. Then, suddenly I awoke and my first thought was: Light! So I want to click on the light, but it didn´t work. I was wondering by myself and stood up to go to the toilette. Something was wrong, but I was so tired that i didn´t check it out at the first time. After that, I went back to bed and froze...
Cause:
I saw my own bodie, lying down there...
You can maybe imagine that shock. I jumped on the bed and thougt: F.. I can´t go back into my body! I must be death!
It was scary!
So... sitting on my body and a little bit scared I looked up to my window (the room was under the roof) and the next shock wait for me. I saw a dark person (like a demon) with red eyes who wanted to came into this room. I began to cry, stood up and closed the window. It was real hard work, you know, like holding a big stone into the air, until i closed the window.
Then, I sat down again on my body and began to pray. Like: God! Bring me your angels to take care of me! Don´t let my die now! Please! Bring me back into my body!
And a wonder happened:
I felt a easy wind into my face (now I think it was the breath of god) and this wind blowed me back into my body. I awoke and the first thing i do: clicking on the light... and it works.
I was happy, thought: oh, only a bad dream.
Until I looked up to the window... it was closed. (I never sleep with closed windows)
At this moment I was scared like beeing in hell. Cause i regognized that this was not only a dream. Couldn´t be, cause the window was closed.

So?
What you think about this?
Vision? Dream? Out-of-body-experiment?
Or?
The change for me to believe that the angels are always with me...

I will never forget this breath, which brought me back to my body. Healfull, strong, heavenly...

Do you believe that?

Nia Wind

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   

you need to get some rest? your sig says you haven't slept in awhile. i know some techniques for that, if you're having problems sleeping

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Actually your right, I still have to go to work and I still havent slept yet.
I dont sleep much....no Im not on drugs of any kind.

Just never feel exausted, well im sure that will catch up to me in a few years no doubt about that.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NW111

sounds like out of body, yep. but i'm not an expert on the subject.
interesting that you closed the window while out of body. perhaps it was representative of something God wanted from you...an act of faith perhaps?
i really don't know. that was interesting tho!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

i think so...
faith in god and
also an attack by the dark side

But it works: After this my faith in god and his blessing is already high!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join