It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever had a dream that might not be a dream?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Such as about "being experimented on" mentally in a very disturbing way? Perhaps in a group, involving intersubjective shared conscuiousness experiences.

Intensely vivid dreams, perhaps too vivid to actually be a dream. More vivid that lucid dreams, utterly terrifying. Enough to make you think maybe it wasn't a dream.

Are there others who have had this experience? I don't really want to talk about it more unless the answer is "yes."

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
yes,, thats my answer to that,

The question however is why is it bad and never good?
Is it that bad registers in the brain stronger than good?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
3 days ago I had such an event that was so real and disturbing that it actually made me feel ill,, and this is coming from a person that enjoys nightmares so i honestly dont know what the hell that was. Also i cant say for certain it was a dream. infact to be honest i was so sure it was real i even tried to justify the probability that somehow time was altered in an instant and reset. Thats rediculous so I dont know what to think.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by snowen20]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This is I think the only time this has ever happened to me, and I can only describe it really as a "dream" with FORCE behind it.
Painfully obvious statement behind the dream.
Even now talking about it makes me feel wierd and uncomfortable.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

this has been bugging me for awhile, but your eye avatar is off center. so i centered it for ya. now if you did that on purpose, then ignore this. but if you want it centered better, here it is:

snowen20,

time slip?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
WHAT THE HELL IS A TIME SLIP????????????????
I mean its rather self explanatory but uhhhhhhhhhhh.,. at the same time elaboration would be great..

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

well there's a thread around here about it. apparently people are experiencing weird, jumps in time. they don't know they've jumped in time till they see something like...the nelson mandela time slip. or the jack palance time slip.
it's nothing you are consciously aware of usually, until you realize that this event transpired entirely different to your knowledge. for example, some people clearly remember nelson mandela being executed 18 years ago, and his picture on the cover of time maganize. but he just died in 1999.

apparently the only way to tell is if important moments in history that would naturally be reported in the press, agree with your memory of those same events (if you happen to have a memory of it).

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Not sure if this qualifies as a time slip but I was argueing for the better half of my morning with a friend that gas has hit 200 a barrel and I am so glad it's back down now, but cannot understand why the prices at the pump do not reflect this. He swears to me that this has never happened and I swear it did happen around memorial day. I wouldn't put my life on it, but I am sure it did. So would that be a description of a time slip?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
For the love of God i hope thats BS, I mean God thats horable Im at a loss for words if it were true which I doubt it is, but my God oh my gosh I cant imagine I really really cant imagine that what I experienced could have been such a thing.
I refuse to believe that, though I guess that makes no difference one way or another but honestly I cant except the possible realization of such an event as I experienced because it was far worse then I had ever imagined in m y life and all I could think of while it was happening was oh God this is real really happening. Im still shaken over it.
Strangley enough however I considered the hope as foolish as it sounds, that somehow a time machine was developed and when the event happened everything snapped back to the point right before and the event for now was avoided.
No such device exists as far as I know and I really cant acept the idea of either a time machine being real or the event I suffered through as being real either. One I dont think humans have time travel abilities as of yet though I dont know, and two because the event scared me to F%#@ing bad to want to believe.
I doubt time slips have anything to do with the op's thread, but since he/she is absent possabilities are there I suppose.

Excuse mispelled words and typos tired you see and I dont have spell check.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

yeah it sounds like it. i mean if you're absolutely sure.
that's why the best way to tell is if your memory of past events that
millions of people would remember the same (such as an event reported in the press) differs from the press version in the current time, and you find other people remember YOUR version of it rather than the one in the press, you've all just had the same time slip. not sure if it's individual or group. i think it may be group. ?? this is all hypothetical of course.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

you seem really upset. does talking about it help or cause you to relive it before you're ready to relive it, emotionally? if it helps, then continue and elaborate, if it's bad and makes you really uncomfortable, skip it. you're here now and that's perhaps some other, abandoned timeline. ?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Well I honestly too embaressed to express my situation as I dont want to sound like a fruit loop to the"rational people" out there who may read this and jump to the conclusion that I am over paranoid or suffering delusions.
As if I havent considered all possibilities allready.

Why else do they the "rational people" think I call BS on my self??

I cant accept it really.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Well I dont mind talking about it, but I guess I feel rather foolish.
you seem to be fairly certain that it was a time line though im rather skeptical. But im open to possibilites.

It is a real bitch if it were a real event, strongest dream I have ever had, so strong infact I have a hard time beleiving it was just a dream, my GOD it was so real and it only lasted a few seconds but long enough then suddenly snapped back while I was awake no less. As if someone hit the reset button suddenly.
Thats the part that really blew me away and freaked me out.
After which I suffered a mild sensation of vertigo as reality seemed to swing back at me HARD!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I'm very curious about it now. As of late I've been looking into others experiences with abductions and traveling to other planes. I would like to hear your story. PM me if you like. I don't attack people with these kind of stories. U2U me so we can talk about it! I'm really curious to know. I've had a lot of night terror/ sleep paralysis so I want to know what your dream/reality was like?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Where are you silent thunder?
You opened up a can of worms and we want answers!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It sucks that this topic which is so very interesting to me is getting little or no response, especially now that I feel I can have some thing to relate my experience to and clear my mind of the yuckiness I suffered. Must be because it is 3:00 in the morning here.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

mind sharing what happened during the event?
you don't consider it an abduction or out of body?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
No no nothing like that at all
I mean........ok look I was laying in bed and I could have swore on my life I was awake because I had just opened my eyes when I heard this great BOOM sound and about that time I was thrown out of house.. no... not really thrown everything was thrown hard and fast. so fast that I remember seeing it go by.
You know like some dirt and boards and insulation and feeling dull thuds and sharp pains as I was flipping around and caught brief glimpses of a tree with all the leaves blown off and branches broken.
You know like when in a car accident it happens fast but you remember the details somehow.
I remember thinking as I was thrown and flipping out Oh my GOD what is happening and this is real how can this be real??
ofcourse I was holding my eyes shut and when I opened them a moment later I was being pushed down the street on a huge pile of debri including tree branches a white car, lots of burning boards and nails jabbing me and dust every where.
When the pile suddenly stopped sliding down the street i remember this feeling of oh God im dead why is this happening what happened and about that time the wind shifted and the pile I was on started moving in reverse and I was terrified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. then like I said everything snapped back to the exact moment it first occured and freaked me the F$&*@ out!!

I remember so friggen vividly the detail of the window glass raking across my face and seeing the wall to my rigth being blown in so damn hard and like i sad next thing I knew i was laying in a pile of rubble being blown down the street as things were being destroyed.
There was nothing left of anyt damn thing.
When I came back it was like I had been spinning in a chair and suddenly stopped. Horrible dizziness and a sense of falling like I needed to hang on to the carpet to keep from falling off the earth. that lasted about 15 seconds.
Me grinding my teeth trying to gain my center of balance again feeling like i was in a centrifuge.
Again sorry for the bad typing i have late night rubber fingers...LOL

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
So yeah I dont know what the hell that was all about, but I know it screwed me up until even now I cant seem to stop thinking about how real it was and that makes me very uneasy.
There was nothing in it that seemed abstract or out of place as I remember it perfectly, and everything that wasnt blown apart is somthing recognizable . like the tree outside that was torn apart even though it was mangled it was the same tree thats allways been there.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Woah, lots of replies.

I have to go now and I don't have time to reply to this unfortunately but there are lots of things to say to many of you. I'll be back eventually.

And to the poster who centered my avata, thanks! I'll fix it soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join