It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Fox, Area 51 worker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
KIMT news article about Bill Fox

CHARLES CITY, Iowa - Bill Fox is getting ready to receive the award of a lifetime. "I'm very humbled at getting this award," said Fox. In just a few weeks, Fox will be inducted into Iowa's Aviation Hall of Fame, but the award is just a capstone of an amazing career. "Got involved in aviation, after i was in the Navy i became interested in it." Fox grew up in Osage, and then moved out to California to pursue a career in flight engineering. It was there that his skills would land him an opportunity that at the time, he knew nothing about. "Was asked if I wanted to go on this program. It was kind of a strange invitation to go on a program, because they couldn't tell me anything about it." But he soon found out this program would send him to one of the most guarded secrets in America. "Area 51, I spent many years there. Chose it cause I thought it was gonna be sort of a patriotic program, and it turned out that's exactly what it was." The project was to design the fastest stealth plane in the world...the Blackbird. Fox says it was very exciting, but tough on his personal life. "You'd leave home on Monday morning, fly out of Burbank in a transport aircraft, and go home Friday night if you were lucky. If all the work was done you could go home." He also helped design spy planes in the Cold War that ran by remote over the USSR. Fox worked on the secretive projects until he retired in 1988 and moved to Charles City, and now, 20 years later, he says he's honored to join Iowa's Aviation Hall of Fame. And by the way...Fox says in all his years in Area 51...he never saw an alien.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yay! Someone from Iowa has ties to the infamous base!

And of course he would say that he never saw an alien. But even so, if he was JUST a flyboy, he probably wouldnt have been allowed to see the areas with aliens.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Cheers to the guy for lasting so long in what was most likely a stressful enviroment...and did it for several years.

I don't think that aliens, if they are here, would even go near area 51...it's too commercial now; and of course they still have top secret ++ projects going on there, but I'm sure no aliens loiter around there.

And IF they did, I would think that everything is compartmentalized; being privy to "Blackbird" projects doesn't make him privy to others.

Either way, congrats' to the guy.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I've known Bill for many years. He's a great guy. He worked on a number of projects at Area 51 besides the Blackbird (stealth, etc.) and is one of the people ATS readers should be paying attention to (i.e. someone who actually and verifiably worked at Groom Lake).

I'm sure he is as tired as anyone else who worked there of always having to answer silly questions about whether there were aliens or extraterrestrial technology at Area 51. There weren't. It was and still remains a test site for cutting edge aircraft and weapons developed right here on Earth.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Agree with you Shadowhawk - Bill is agreat guy.

Here is a link to his Bio

BILL FOX

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

SOUNDS LIKE some pretty heavy assuming going on there.

1. Assumes he had access to all the hyper secret hyper compartmentalized areas and projects on the base. I doubt seriously that he did.

2. My relative worked in the area, too. He did see the UFO craft more or less routinely. Didn't see aliens. Didn't have a need to know.

3. Doesn't sound like this bloke had a need to know, either.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

SOUNDS LIKE some pretty heavy assuming going on there.

1. Assumes he had access to all the hyper secret hyper compartmentalized areas and projects on the base. I doubt seriously that he did.

2. My relative worked in the area, too. He did see the UFO craft more or less routinely. Didn't see aliens. Didn't have a need to know.

3. Doesn't sound like this bloke had a need to know, either.

Nice throwing around innuendos of Bill being unimportant by throwing you you knew someone who worked there. You want to claim you have a relative that works there, fine, go ahead, but get ready to be flamed.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Corroborating testimony reveals that a person can work at any number of bases in the U.S. for years on end at not be aware of projects going on beneath the floor.

Bill Fox said he never 'saw an alien'. That doesn't necessarily mean entities weren't there. Remember: Employees arent even allowed to talk to each other on lunch breaks. Ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'll just ignore the flaming idiots who are too busy flaming to pick up on the important details.

If you check out Bill's bio on the Roadrunners web site you will see pictures of his Area 51 I.D. badges. These are the real deal. Also, in his photo gallery there are a couple of pictures taken at the Area. The autographed photo of Lockheed test pilot Hal Farley being deluged with a bucket of water was taken outside one of the Southend hangars where the F-117A test aircraft were kept (and before that, HAVE BLUE and A-12). The picture of Bill with several other guys (one is holding a beer and a water hose) was taken outside Sam's Place, the Area 51 recreational facility.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
I'll just ignore the flaming idiots who are too busy flaming to pick up on the important details.

If you check out Bill's bio on the Roadrunners web site you will see pictures of his Area 51 I.D. badges. These are the real deal. Also, in his photo gallery there are a couple of pictures taken at the Area. The autographed photo of Lockheed test pilot Hal Farley being deluged with a bucket of water was taken outside one of the Southend hangars where the F-117A test aircraft were kept (and before that, HAVE BLUE and A-12). The picture of Bill with several other guys (one is holding a beer and a water hose) was taken outside Sam's Place, the Area 51 recreational facility.

I hope this wasnt in response to me....

I only ask cause I brought up the flaming word

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

It is good to know about a REAL worker from Area 51. It would be a bit of a stress on the family since one has to be away an entire week (missing out on his kid(s) school activities). He gave up a lot to test and work on aircraft and systems that saved a lot of lives in the long run. He should be considered a hero.
He didn't see any aliens (maybe an oddball colonel or two), and some people get bent out of shape about it. There may not be any aliens there (or anywhere in the military) as that is pure conjecture with no evidence to back it up.
If he did see an alien, he couldn't tell anyone anyway. I still don't know what my mother did in the navy. It was classified and she doesn't talk about it.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
What amazes me is that people actually agree to work at A51, knowing full well our Government will do very little to protect them, should they come into harms way. If thats not enough, most of the one's who have the good info (ET's) take it to the grave. Way to go guys!

[edit on 3-9-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Chose it cause I thought it was gonna be sort of a patriotic program, and it turned out that's exactly what it was." The project was to design the fastest stealth plane in the world...the Blackbird. Fox says it was very exciting, but tough on his personal life. "You'd leave home on Monday morning, fly out of Burbank in a transport aircraft, and go home Friday night if you were lucky.

He's a real American HERO. He made a huge sacrifice and I salute the guy.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Does this William Fox have anything to do with KWJF?

KWJF

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Bill has no relation to Fox Field. The airport was named after a different guy.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

For military members, they have the VA if they become disabled through their service. If it happened at a classified location, then they go to the nearest military clinic and it is written down there. They don't need to tell the VA exactly where it happened.
Me and my family members who have served the military will never tell anyone any classified work we did. We have no problem with that, and I see no problem or conflict with someone who may have worked with aliens. The military put their trust in our hands for whatever task was at hand, and we should honor their request for not divulging any secrets learned while in service.

top topics

join