It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden death after arrest may be new syndrome

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

You may be right simply being arrested may not cause severe mental anguish, the release of massive amounts of adrenaline, etc. However there don't seem to be too many people simply being arrested anymore. It is more often the case that while under arrest they are verbally, emotionally, and sometimes pysically abused by the police, which can cause severe mental anguish, the release of massive amounts of adrenaline, etc. Just the fear of what the police do to people and get away with can cause an extreme amount of adrenaline release in some people when confronted by the police. A lot of people have an extreme fear of police officers these days.

Maybe it's not the criminal mindset that has this severe reaction to being arrested, if it were wouldn't there be way more cases of sudden death ? Maybe it's the law abiding citizens with the non criminal mindset that are experiencing this sudden death syndrome. You are making the assumption that every person that is arrested is a criminal, and we all know that this not the case.

Example, a women in her forties is a law abiding citizen, never been arrested, has no criminal record refuses to tell the police where her son is and is subsequently handcuffed, taken to the station where she humiliated by a search by a female officer, is handcuffed to a bench for four hours, refused access to the bathroom, insulted and threatened. Then transferred to another station jerked around by her jacket, fingerprinted, photographed, her inhaler taken away from her (taking away an inhaler from someone with severe asthma while under stress can cause more stress form the fear of an attack with no medication at hand), placed in a cell for 9 hours, and throughout all of this is never one time told that she is under arrest, read her rights, or given a phone call.

Now IMO that woman is not a criminal and i believe that an experience like that could very well cause enough fear in her to cause a major release, as well as an extended release of adrenaline, which may in fact do damage and cause a heart attack.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

It's terrible what you had to endure from those officers. I truely hope that you win your case and have your record expunged. Make sure that they expunge it from your record, if you win.

Unfortunately it's unlikely that you will win as their defense is going to be probable cause. That's how they get away with everything now, everything is probable cause for them. If you don't win, fight it, don't let them get away with treating you like that.

Cases like your's and others is why there is such a rift between citizens and the police lately. The people are now seeing that the police do whatever they want, and get away with it. It's caused the people to fear the police and you can not respect what you fear.

Let us know what happens with your case. Good Luck.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
new syndrome ?!?!?!?

Are u serious?

Disclaimer

The Following is a rant....pure rant

personally this is how it starts, a way for cops to kill without possible punishment. *snip*

There is no "Sudden Death arrest" syndrome, cops use unnecessary force when they arrest citizens. now they use it as a medical issue? i aint buying that even if it came with a 2nd one half priced!

MOD Note: Do Not Evade The Automatic Censors

[edit on 9/3/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by FredT

Then, why is it that this is new???
Germany is known for it's police-state tactics!
Spain probably has a patriota activa dos!

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Clearskies]

Please do explain the german police state tactics as Ive yet to see them here myself?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Mannnnn...if we could just teach our spies to do this! Or how about our presidents!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Most excellent officer!. I saw some guy who went off meds and was tripping at a priests 50th bd celebration. None us knew what to do with this guy. Some tried to talk him down. This guy went absolutely crackers. An officer came in....wrapped him up and cuffed him without undue force. I was highly impressed. On the same topic. I worked at Metro for 10 yrs. I remember talking to one of my workmates. They were a family of three brothers and a single Mom. One of his bro's was schiz, and when he would occasionally go off the only thing they could do with him is pick him up and body slam him a few times. He'd go sleep, and sleep it off. Not that I am in favor of that method, but they found it highly effective.

Originally posted by RAUDAA
I have been a Police Officer for a long time (14yrs) and in that time arrested MANY, MANY people (Probably over a thousand due to where I work). I personally have never had anyone die of anything, even after fighting, being pepper sprayed, baton strikes, etc. But I have seen it happen to other co-workers, and it is a very traumatizing experience for a Police Officer.

People often have pre-existing medical conditions (asthma, high blood pressure, heart problems, seizures, etc...) combined with the use of alcohol, marijuana, coc aine, heroin, ecstacy, etc etc etc, and mixtures of all of the above, and then throw in some adrenaline, and some running and fighting, and its a bad combination. A vast majority of people arrested are usually not in there right state of mind to begin with due to drugs, alcohol, and mental issues. It is the nature of the beast.

I know this only my third reply to a thread but its my longest yet. Maybe I will start a thread pretty soon, Maybe........................

[edit on 9/3/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I worked at Metro for 10 yrs. I remember talking to one of my workmates. They were a family of three brothers and a single Mom. One of his bro's was schiz, and when he would occasionally go off the only thing they could do with him is pick him up and body slam him a few times. He'd go sleep, and sleep it off. Not that I am in favor of that method, but they found it highly effective.

thats just wrong on so many levels.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RAUDAA

I have been a Police Officer for a long time (14yrs)

I do not doubt that shock can kill someone, however the number of deaths (60) is what puzzles me. Also they are saying young, otherwise healthy people. Would the study not eliminate those who had physical weaknesses/excessive drugs, leaving 60 death were no known reason exists?

I think that is what raises questions in peoples minds.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I know what you are getting at, but if acting in a civilized manner & following basic laws of the land are "programming" then we've been "programming" people since our species first developed societal groups thousands of years ago. I'm not talking about the whole police state crap, either. If you break the law, you should face consequences for it.

One of the biggest problems is that the laws of the land are anything but "basic." Everyone is a criminal. The only question is wether or not you will attract the attention of the police.

Now if the laws were simple, fair and just, I could agree with you that people should be expected to behave in a civilized manner. What we have today is not civilized, it is oppression, tyranny, fascism, and slavery.

This is the second time in a week that I've said this, but anarchy isn't freedom. Our basic laws are the only thing that secures our freedom. The Constitution is basically a set of laws, the "mother law" if you will. All of our laws are (or at least should be, though we know that isn't really the case, unfortunately) born from our Constitution, which is the very same document & contract that guarantees our freedom.

I'll take Anarchy over slavery any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Until we get our liberty back, and our Constitution, I say "Viva la Revolucion!"

Again, education & ingraining of societal norms & standards isn't what I would call programming anymore than teaching a child to talk or write is programming.

Don't misunderstand me, I very much value education, family, morals, the who shabang. But most of these "criminals" know from a very young age they they are being treated like animals, by those in power who have no morals or respect for their fellow man. That they have been born into bondage. They can either serve the corporate monster, or die knowing that they resisted, and at least lived free for a time.

Take the guy who escapes prison and gets caught a week later. He is likely to live out the rest of his years behind bars perfectly content with the memory of that week on the run in his heart. He wouldn't trade it for all the gold in the world. (Unless of course he could buy his freedom with it I suppose.)

EDIT to add: To support an immoral and unjust system simply because you think it is moral to "follow the law of the land" is the height of hypocrisy.

[edit on 9/3/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
Please do explain the german police state tactics as Ive yet to see them here myself?

How about being tracked by a government
trojan
on your computer?
Parents sent to jail for home schooling.

Not that I believe in him, but Ernst Zundel went to jail for denying the holocaust.
What about free speech?
Now, unknown numbers are dying like scared rabbits in jail cells, there?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
EDIT to add: To support an immoral and unjust system simply because you think it is moral to "follow the law of the land" is the height of hypocrisy.

Who's the hypocrite? The system isn't perfect, but I certainly do not believe it to be unjust and immoral. There are portions of it that might justifiably be called that, but the system taken as a whole isn't.

This concept of us being enslaved right now is one I find intriguing. Please go into a little more detail about that, Jack. So far it seems to me that you're criticizing the fact that we live in a society where you work hard and you make money which you then spend. This is not a new concept as for the vast majority of man's time here on Earth we've had societies which barter goods and/or services between each other. The only real difference might be that we're seeing more corporations with which we do business, rather than having more local party to party transactions taking place. Even that, however, is not a new concept, as there have been trading conglomerates for several hundred years now. So how are we "slaves?"

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RAUDAA

Welcome aboard RAUDAA. I hate cops. Have a nice day.

But if you turn out to be cool, I might make an exception.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

So how are we "slaves?"

That really is another whole topic altogether. But in a nutshell, your SS number identifies you as the personal property of the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank, against the debt incurred by the US government and the bankruptcy of 1933. Unless you have a different definition of slavery, being owned as the private property of a bunch of wealthy bankers makes you a slave.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

So you subscribe to Frederick Mann's ideas about our system, then? That actually explains quite a bit. If the topic ever arises in it's own thread, we'll have some interesting conversations about that, I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What a frightening addition to our current social vocabulary.
The precedent is now set, more syndromes and disorders are surely to be found in increasing numbers among the citizenry, especially those not involved in or supporting of the agenda at large.

I tell ya, the way things are going it is so akin to the cinema and video games it's almost funny. You can watch the movie, you can already foresee the ending to come, yet your still surprised when you see it. Just creepy.

Kinda makes ya wanna see a new syndrome form...the urgent need to dispense proper justice to those who abuse it. I think they could call it "Cop Stomperitis".

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
How many Americans die while in custody of the police per year? What is the death rate per arrest?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

You were set up. Pissed off anybody in power lately? I suppose just posting the wrong opinions here could be enough.

==========================================

IMO, this article is nothing more than the dehumanizing of those the police decide to attack, while giving excuse to institutionalized murder. More signs of the times.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm not buying it. Being arrested can certainly be extremely stressful. But not as much as being raped. How often do you hear of rape victims simply dying from fear or stress?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Distractions4Nothing
I'm not buying it. Being arrested can certainly be extremely stressful. But not as much as being raped. How often do you hear of rape victims simply dying from fear or stress?

This is an excellent question. How many women die after giving birth to a baby? Surely that has to be among the most stressful of physical and emotional situations for a woman to endure.

We are meant to believe that the 'stress' they are attempting to validate is something of a different order. Instead, we see restraint-asphyxia, cardiac arrest following neurological trauma. Bone crushing and compression fractures resulting from terminal muscle spasms. Respiratory arrest.

Somehow, those dead are telling us a different story, don't you think?

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by jackinthebox

for the vast majority of man's time here on Earth we've had societies which barter goods and/or services between each other. The only real difference might be that we're seeing more corporations with which we do business, rather than having more local party to party transactions taking place. Even that, however, is not a new concept, as there have been trading conglomerates for several hundred years now. So how are we "slaves?"

If I may answer how I see that we are slaves..... because we don't have a choice in whether or not we want to participate in a system of errors we find offensive. You either work, pay taxes, consume or wind up in some institution. There's no choice in the matter. You don't get to say, "I'd like to bow out. Just leave me alone and I'll not be any problem to you." No, you HAVE to participate. Why? Only free men get to determine the course of their lives, not slaves. Slaves can be sold. Slaves can be indiscriminately beaten. No reason needed. Slaves can be killed if they are no longer profitable. This is what we see happening. Cops are the "uncle toms" that are just as much slaves as the rest of us but only get in trouble for damaging one of the profitable pieces of property. The rest of us live or die at their discretion.

Go ahead and try to tattle to "the massah" and see if your work load doesn't increase one way or another. They'll "probable cause" their way into your house every day if they want, inventing new excuses as to why they can come in, trash the place, arrest you, taze you. They'll pull you over more often and make up violations for which your pocket book can be fleeced and you have to miss work for court. Even if "the massah" scolds them for their abuses toward you, you'll never get an apology, your time or money back. I speak from experience. Does that sound like a free society to you?

Young, healthy men do NOT just keel over from stress. If they did then there would never BE any wars because the participants on both sides would be dropping like flies before they ever had a chance to get shot.

Once again, we're being lied to and in the worst possible way and for the worst of reasons. Blaming the victim for their own death at the hands of abusive cops so cops have no accountability. Anyone who may have been innocent before being proven guilty can not countermand the accusations laid against them if they're dead. And it's their own fault for not being able to handle the stress of being falsely accused, eh? Serves em right.

*sarcasm off*

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join