It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's VP Selection Is A Trojan Horse

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I agree.

This business about her being informed or complicit is ridiculous. I don't think any woman would put her family through such a farce, especially as she stands to gain nothing from the deal except a People Magazine cover and layout.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes, but do you see the media ragging on McCain constantly for his past marital problems? Do you see the media questioning Obama's past while in public office in Chicago, or his connections to some suspicious people? No, you don't. The dirty laundry is only brought to light on people who the media (or someone, perhaps the people behind the curtain) want to ruin.

If the media would bring the issues to light and stop there, that would be one thing. But when they are the ones questioning whether or not someone (not just Palin) is fit for office, that is where the problem lies. Voters need to decide for themselves, free of the bias and propaganda that the media dishes out.

I'm not disagreeing with you, jimmyx. People need to know if a candidate has some crap that went on in their past. But there is a fine line between airing it out and ruining a career because of it. The media has no clue where that line is, and that is what I take issue with.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wutone

I can tell you right now that the people most critical of her are mothers.

If you can't take care of things at home, how can you take care of a country?

It looks to me as if her oldest is prepped to be mommy from taking care of all her younger siblings all the time.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
excellent thread my friend. So she is a prey for the media, and her resignation will reveal the true identity of Mc Cain's VP .

Starred and Flagged, and special thanks for awaking my Mulderian sense of conspiracy

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
It seems to me that the choice of Palin is the biggest blunder in the history of US politics. Whoever came up with that choice must be mad. Surely the Republicans can't be that stupid. Can they?

No, they aren't. It isn't the biggest blunder... it is likely one of the best moves ever. She resonates with the Republican base because of her lack of hypocrisy. To drop her would throw the election, even if there were an uncovered scandal.

The Republicans out maneuvered the Democrats because they introduced a true conservative VP to appeal to the base, where McCain had weak support. It was brilliant. She also resonates on the same level that Princess Diana did with the people of England. She is a true feminist and exposes the hypocrisy of the feminist movement as it has been hijacked by hedonistic rebels. Palin is what the vast majority of American women want to be: loving mothers and to make a real difference in the world.

It doesn't matter if the media or a bunch of talking heads "get it." The voter base does, and that is why Palin may very well turn the tide of this election which was going to go to Obama.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Wondering if a VP candidate had ever resigned before, I found that Thomas Eagleton was chosen by George McGovern against Nixon, and lost big time.

Eagleton campaigned hard for the ticket of McGovern and his replacement, Sargent Shriver, but they failed to carry Missouri or any other state except Massachusetts as President Richard M. Nixon swept to a resounding re-election victory. (The Democrats also carried the District of Columbia.)

McGovern followers said the vice presidential fiasco was to blame for the magnitude of the loss. Eagleton, however, said he was just "one rock in a landslide."

McGovern said he had come to regret his decision in 1972. "If had it to do over again, I'd have kept him," McGovern said last in April 2006. "I didn't know anything about mental illness. Nobody did."

Obituary: Thomas F. Eagleton, former U.S. senator and vice-presidential candidate

Not only did McGovern lose the election badly, but Eagleton's career was history. I can't imagine McCain would want to risk selecting Palin with the plan she would resign. It would be political suicide.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
I can't imagine McCain would want to risk selecting Palin with the plan she would resign. It would be political suicide.

That's why I say he didn't even know about it. He didn't select her. (My theory). Rove did.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
After reading through the thread and pondering this awhile, I believe that the scenario laid out in the OP by MrOldSchool is--assuming his sources are what he says they are, and I'll take him at his word--a CYA operation to make a sow's ear choice look like a silk purse.

I just can't believe that even Karl Rove thought around this many corners, and would think that, by offering a better replacement for such a poor first choice, they could somehow wow the voters and snatch victory from obvious defeat.

It just doesn't add up. The damage to McCain's cred as a decision-maker has been done, and I can't see that bringing in Condoleeeeza would repair that damage, as you can just see the endless Democratic ads that will pound on this bungled choice running nonstop until election day, ensuring the voter will never forget McCain's first choice and how it (presumably) went down in flames.

Palin is a cross between Dan Quayle and Harriet Meirs, nuff said. The wunderkinder that foisted this on McCain are hustling out the new story line to make themselves look like geniuses. Nice try, but a week too late, fellas.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by gottago]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Great story. But it's only a story. This is clearly not written by anyone with any inside information... because:
1. It's Karl Rove, not Carl Rove. Nobody with anything LIKE an inside connection would mis-spell HIS name (If you really have inside connections - you might mis-spell lots of things... but not HIS name!!!).
2. McCain wouldn't get ANY sympathy. His judgement would be immediately called into question for not vetting his VP choice. His first and most important choice as a Presidential nominee.
3. If the poster actually knew something - he (or she) would clearly also know the REAL VP choice and wouldn't hesitate to indicate who that is... this would validiate the entire post.
4. If the poster actually knew something he (or she) would have posted this immediatley after her being named. This would also have validated this... I could make this up NOW - knowing all the stuff that's appeared...
5. What the heck does "strict media control over political bloggers" actually mean... It would take more resources than the GOP has to initiate control over Bloggers?

Basically McCain was desperate for a way to grab headlines and show himself to be more of a change candidate. His vetting was bad, but he really needed to grab headlines immediately following the successful Democratic Convention. Honesly - I think people are trying to make a story when realistically it was just a hurried, desperate choice to try to swing Blue Collar and Right Wing voters.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What Palin represents is multifold...

* Her nomination destroys the liberal notion that women can only be liberal and successful

* That he proverbial glass ceiling exists and is perpetuated by conservatives is completely unfounded nonsense

* That "religious" people hate women and want them to be subservient

* That experience matters, as Obama has very little experience and he is a presidential candidate

So, Plain exposes liberal hypocrisy and fraudulent feminism. She is more akin to Susan B. Anthony than any member of NOW has ever been! And this just doesn't compute to the left, who have to tune into CNN so they can find out what their opinion is. The liberals are lemmings of the worst kind, but they were poised to take this election... and Palin changes the whole scene. BRILLIANT! If this were Rove, then kudos to him for being so smart, outsmarting the entire left-wing and the media.

It really doesn't matter who picked her or why because it was an awesome move that resonates with the base so well that the left is reeling from it. A huge gong was just rung right over them and the McCain strategists (and McCain himself) just stole Obama's thunder like nobody thought they could.

I have been saying that Obama will be elected because McCain didn't have the support of his own base. And he didn't. After chosing Palin, he does, and the hypocrisy of the Obama camp in not choosing Hillary Clinton is apparent in a way that could not be communicated in any other way due to media bias.

I suppose that ATS is the place for conspiracy theories, but this one will come to nothing. She will not drop out... she is the only factor that COULD win this election for McCain.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I don't see any news sources/links in your post that offer any sort of proof of any kind on what you said. Are these all just ideas you came up with or where is your proof/evidence.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

Old School, finally someone who is not a day late and a penny short on seeing through the Republicans haze of political deception. It's also funny how the female presence of Laura Bush and McCains wife and mother in law were hyped in the convention to pull on our XYZ DNA strings. Who's next on McCains heart string list, Oprah Winfrey.

People need to wake up and realize WHO and WHAT they are dealing with... Cold blooded war mongers and cold blooded master con artists. It's become a calculated soap opera to tap into middle America's Walmart crowd, gun toting deer hunters and beer guzzeling couch potatoes.

Not to mention the feminist, pro life, bible slappers who on one hand condemn sex out of wedlock... but defend husbandless teenaged girls pregnancies.

I don't think Palin will be tanked until Republicans are positively sure her "co-starring acting role" has been used up... if she and now her daughter can garner the support, Palin will be VP... if this master plan fails... then they will send her back to the eskimo's.

The Dem's should leak your theory to the MSM to counter the trunked clans moves. Remember, sustained negative publicity is good publicity if you are dealing with sheep who can't smell a "Conspiracy Theory."

Like you say, I feel it's a smoke screen to extend the drama... and America loves "baby momma drama."

Also.. the drama DEVERTS ANY ATTENTION FROM THE REAL CULPRIT (BUSH) FROM BEING ACCUSED OF WAR CRIMES AND ANSWERING THE HARD QUESTIONS BEFORE HE EXITS REGARDING THE ULTIMATE CON ON AMERICAN PEOPLE ---- 9-11.

BUSH - "Now Laura... you go on out there and fill their empty heads with patriotic joy and happiness, cry if yuh have too... Mezmerize the morons... Remember, the winds of change are ah blowin... keep the lefty MSM bloodhounds off me till the statute of limitations of my crimes wears off... I'm ah almost outta here... our coast is almost clear... dear."

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Level X]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

and it is probably these same critical mothers that are struggling with their own dysfunctional family. Easier to critique somebody else then to critique oneself.

And what about all those dads that are too busy to pay attention to their own kids. Are mothers the only ones responsible for tending to the kids.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
it seems the odds of her stepping down are growing.

money.cnn.com...

nice find Old School.

Oh man, you have not studied Sarah yet.

Interesting how people have made up their minds about her based on the opposing parties smear campaign. I doubt her skin is even dimpled yet. When she started cleaning out the Good Old Boys in Alaskan government, they all bet she was weak. They know better now. She mopped the floor with them. Even those from her own Party.

Two Governors in a row, including Murkowsky, tried to broker a pipeline deal and failed. She pulled it off by midterm. Brought the oil companies to their knees in the negotiation. This is one tough cookie.

Everybody here claims to want change and her is a person who can't abide dishonesty and proved it by going after her own Party members. How do people react? With a bald faced lie about her baby and attacking her daughter for being a normal human being who made a mistake. I'm truly disappointed.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

There's some prime timber for sale in the Sahara. Elvis is alive. NASA faked the lunar landing. REAL aliens were captured in Roswell. Bush has a weather machine that can target minorities only.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

There is a bet is 14% chance that she will not be the vice president candidate. You can place this bet on intrade.com. Seeing you are so sure and have inside info, I think you should mortgage your house and bet everything you have on it. So should all the other people that believe the OP has any kind of inside information. Not saying it isnt going to happen, It might, however I doubt you have any more inside information then anyone else. At a 14% chance right now you could 7-1 odds. that is 10$ to make 70. Now think how rich you could be if you bet more. And seeing as you are sure this is going to happen, you could probably retire. Are you going to make this bet OP?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
wow..i can't believe this one...

Palin says Iraq war is 'task from God'
www.upi.com...

that's it she cant have my vote....

she is following satan..sorry to say

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Excuse me for the discussion:

Americans have elected 0 minority candidates as president or v.p.(why certain genders or races matter is unknown).

Present Choices:

Black(m) president-Caucasion(m)v.p.

Caucasion(m) president Causcasion(f)v.p..

Now we haven't gotten to the percentage of alaskan indian in palin yet. Nor was the percentage of race discussed about any one else except obama. If I'm am wrong, biden is part american indian.

I beleive from american voting history that Palin would doom the republicans to a loss in november. This history showed that the woman was more disliked than the black.

The (OP)s suggestion that this an intricate plot to gain sympathy, there for must make us beleive he thinks the dems are far in front to gain the office. I don't agree that the sabotage of the party would be helpful to gaining the office. McCampaign "you should vote for them because he's ill and she's a confused , poor defenseless, woman. Who we're going to womanize."??
It's a little too far fetched for me.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by rightwingnut]

[edit on 3-9-2008 by rightwingnut]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So you know all of this but don't state the original VP choice?
Yeah right, I'm moving on now, nice pitch though, you robbed me of 2 minutes of my time

NNN

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This whole thing doesn't make sense. The Dems must be scared out of the minds to mount such nonsense. Nobody is making a fuss over Obama leaving his kids. Nobody's brought up that she's been a mayor, and a governor and is probably intelligent enough to use that decision making ability to surround herself with subject matter experts if she needs information. Why do they question her mothering skills when they don't question Obama's fathering skills?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join