It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's VP Selection Is A Trojan Horse

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by no name needed
So you know all of this but don't state the original VP choice?
Yeah right, I'm moving on now, nice pitch though, you robbed me of 2 minutes of my time

NNN

right you only lost 2 minutes becuase you didnt bother to read hardly at anything said.

he said clearly the original VP was Rice.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rightwingnut

Are you saying we should vote for someone based on their skin-color and ethnic background?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It wasn't stated in the OP, so....how much rubbish do I have to read b4 I determine that my time has been wasted? Still think it's rubbish...and Rice would b a worse choice than Palin LOL

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975
wow..i can't believe this one...

Palin says Iraq war is 'task from God'
www.upi.com...

that's it she cant have my vote....

she is following satan..sorry to say

This needs a thread of it's own!

Another religious nut job a with access to the launch codes.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a hint perhaps?
m.kare11.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7

Originally posted by Skipper1975
wow..i can't believe this one...

Palin says Iraq war is 'task from God'
www.upi.com...

that's it she cant have my vote....

she is following satan..sorry to say

This needs a thread of it's own!

Another religious nut job a with access to the launch codes.

You mean this one?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

You might have actually stumbled into something. Many women would not be voting for McCain, but after palin drops out and McCain reveals his real running mate, which i suspect will be a very charming younger man, the women might just decide to vote republican, especially the Hillary backers, and with the new younger good looking male running mate it would be a sure bet. After all, isn't McCain behind ALL the women in America, and Obama not so much? Very perceptive and good theory that could easily be true. Kudos.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Mister Old School,

Your theory deserves consideration.

People think of the Republican party as monolithic but if you scratch the surface you will see it is not.

Palin more than being female is a fundamentalist christian of the 1st order.

McCain has always had problems with the religous right fundamentalists!

If the religous right are not energized there is NO republican base NONE! Just rich old white guys and the people who THINK they are rich old white guys.

So this candidate was chosen for McCain by Republican strategists (Rove). I believe McCain can just barely stand her but is doing what he must!

He must pander to the religous right and they will come out in droves if one of their own females has been martyred by the godless democrats!

The religous right donated nearly 40 million dollars to his campaign just days after Palin was selected.

So is it possible he could have his cake and eat it too if Palin is forced to resign???? You betcha!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thanks, I was so glued to this thread I didn't realize there was another out there addressing this issue.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
McCain Backers Accuse Media, Dems of Sexism With Palin

So far so good with the prediction, there is no way that this was not plan all along, in a convention where they are supposed to elevate their message, announce platforms, how they are going to get it done, what the democrats choose to do? The only good thing that they are really good at of late (beside robbing this country of million) MUDSLINGING!!

This party makes me sick, McCain makes me sick, at least John Kerry another great patriot lost without losing his dignity or selling his values and his morals.

They know they cant win on the issues, so no they are going to whine, cry, throw mud at the media and Obama anyway they can, they are comparing Gov. Palin situation to Clinton's, then they should know better that Clinton's strategy of whine, crying and personal attacks did not work, soon enough people are going to turn a def ear to all this nonsense by that time it would be to late for McCain. if is not already.

And to think that Gov. Palin called Hillary a whiner, she and the female leadership of the are the same way... PATHETIC but not surprising, this was the strategy all along.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Incredibly, this makes sense. Remember how those Bush documents were shown to be fakes so quickly last election? It was a set-up and we all knew it. No analysis goes that fast unless the results were already built. Took care of a zealous media and put his iffy record off-limits in one stroke.

This move actually keeps the issues out of the news and has the dems blow their collective stacks on a non-contender. Once someone else shows up, they can't go after the new person or they look vindictive. Also significant resources (money) goes into this research, with lots of news coming out later as dirt gets brought to the fore. Dems can't do this too much or they look mean and can't actually convey issues-based message.

So McCain gets his image-based election run either way. She stays in as a super-conservative viper, or she leaves and the Dems declare victory, but can't mount an attack against the replacement, no matter who it is.

Pretty good logic, really. She will just have to have a medcal scare with her Downs baby or her teenage-mom and she's home again to Alaska to shore up her home front. i am not trying to be mean, it just seems very, very shrewd.

So who's running Alaska, anyway? Haven't heard of a transition plan there. Maybe she isn't thinking she will be gone that long anyway?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I didn't mean to come off snarky. Been up all night with a teething toddler.*smiles*

But I will say what a lot of people think but are afraid to say because they don't want to tread through these murkey waters.
First off, I am a feminist, but not solidly so for lack of a better word.

I believe women should be given the same pay, same education, same opportunities. I believe it should be even across the board, if they so choose.
I am going to try to say this without jumbling things up too much.
But I am sure someone is going to get annoyed.

I will start by saying that there is a double standard. Would this be a problem if it this was a father? No.

I do believe in the NATURAL order of things, women tend to do the child rearing. This is where it gets murkey.
It is the way nature has always designed it. Women nurture, men tend to be the protectors and the bread winners.
Is either one better the the other? No, both need to happen for things to work.
Can men be a stay at home parent? Absolutely. But I believe at least one biological parent should stay home if possible.
It is unclear but I think this is the case in Palin's family.

I can't stress enough that though the father's tend to go do the work, this does not in any way belittle the contribution to the family unit. In fact, the effects of not having a father around are profound. They provide safety, roughhousing, solidarity, and are a contant member of the family. The best thing that is happening for families today is that the fathers can still provide, but when they get home they play with the kids and contribute to their upbringing, playing, homework, sports, cooking, etc. Instead of walking in the door and their job is done. They can be a loving, caring father without criticism now, And it is a wonderful wonderful thing.

But women still tend to be the nurturers. A father will be more likely to abandon a family unit then a mother. I have seen one absentee mother in my life, but dozens of men dissappear.
I know of way more single mothers, then single fathers.

And society recongizes this. While it is not fair either way, if a woman was to commit neglect, abuse, or abandonement, she will face far harsher punishement, ridicule and ostracization then a man would. You can argue what you want, but it is true.
We have all watched the news and are far more aghast at a devient mother then a father.
This is why custody is often awarded more to mothers. That relationship is undestood. Women will face far harsher penalties for their crimes then their male counterparts for the same exact thing.
So while women tend to get awarded the families, they will face far higher punishment if they disrupt their families then a man would. So it is a double edged sword.

But I will go out and risk life and limb here and say that generally(there are always exceptions) that women tend to have stronger bonds to their children then the fathers. Does that mean fathers don't love their children? Absolutely not. But I think a lot of times, that men love their spouses just as much. That is why so many senior males waste away after losing a long term spouse as oppossed to women. I think it is just nature at work. The male protects the spouse, the mother protects the children. And the triangle works.
It ensures survival. One parent isn't more important then the other, I think that they are important at different times. Mom makes sure they grow up big and healthy, dad makes sure they have the tools to survive. I will make sure he eats healthy. Dad will make sure he knows how to change a tire.

Now, down to the dirt. Above and beyond feminism, and women's rights, I believe that when you have children, it stops being about you. Period.
I don't care if it was an accident or you tried for 10 years, you brought this life in the world, you better try your damndest to do right by your children.
I give up a lot for my son. And I don't regret one iota of it. I would give up more if I had it.

Wanna change the world? Great. But I don't believe you do it at the expense of your own family. I have an opportunity right now to start the business I have always wanted to start. But I won't. Because starting a business is hard. It is long days. 12-16 hours a day. My young child needs me here and now.That is time I will never get back.And now amount of success is worth that. A young child doesn't care that his mother is VP or an astronaut or a doctor. All they know is that they need their mother at a young age. More then money, fame, clothes, children need their parents around, and constant, and available. It is all about security.

Not only does Palin have all these children, she has one with a disability. That alone is stressful for a family. She has a new baby with a disability. But being a governor, and now a VP candidate, how much time does she really have for these children?
Can you have it all, sure. There are a lot of female politicians out there, most of them mothers. But their kids are older.

The family isn't staying at home to contend with new family members while mom is out playing politician.

Now, contrary to popular belief. Teen pregnancies don't just happen because of hormones or boredom. Well maybe boredom, because parents are unvailable. It stems from a broken home, divorce,addiction,negligence, abuse, neglect, or sexual abuse of some kind while young. So something happened in this young girl's life that her parents didn't take care of.

In no way do I want to apply that being a teen mom is death sentence. Many raise their children successfully. And any young mom who handles the challenge deserves a great huge round of applause. There is a lot of adversity to face in that arena.

But I will say what a lot of mothers are thinking and feeling, but not willing to say out loud(but behind closed doors, because I have heard this from many) Palin needs to be staying at home and taking care of her children. Even being VP and not P, has to be a 24/7 job. And you can't take your family with you everywhere. And I think what she is doing to them isn't fair.Palin seems like a beautiful, healthy, smart woman. She can wait a few more years to raise her family before changing the world. Then by all means have at it.
These are really hard jobs. A president that serves two terms always ends up looking like hell. You can't tell me that is an environment that is good for raising children. And with McCain being the age he is(no offense) there is a good chance she could become president. McCain is just in that age group. I think he looks great, and probably in better shape then most of us. But stuff at that age happens. Look at David letterman. Healthy as an ox, yet stricken down with a heart attack.

I will say this. I also think that being the children of a politician has to be hard. We all saw the Bush twins rebel. I can't imagine what it is like being the teen of someone of that caliber. In these cases, it could be a reaction to stress. And the Bush twins turned out fine.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

That is a highly clunky plan to try to evoke more votes for republicans. Do you honestly think that this display of incompetence would be beneficial for the party? That... they are so out of touch and clueless that they couldn't even properly vet the VP before they chose her? And so, how do they expect to convince people that they can catch Bin-laden, and make wise decisions?

I think this is a poorly thought out conspiracy theory, undoubtedly concocted while hot-boxing that unmarked van ye drive sneakly about.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Don't forget that she ran for (and won) the position of Governor of Alaska just two years ago. Do you think that she wasn't vetted by her opponents then? It would be silly to imply that she wasn't.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I could not agree with you more!

I would also like to add; how can women in this country feel that it's okay to leave and infant child with a disability at home while you are traveling around the country campaigning to be VP? I remember when my children were that young, they were not even sleeping through the night yet, and if you breast feed, well that alone takes 7-8 hours out of your day to make sure your child receives proper nutrition and nurturing. Is she going to take this disabled infant with her everywhere she goes?

I don't think this is fair at all to the young children in her family!

I honestly at this point hope that this trojan horse theory is true, that way she can go home and raise her children and run her state.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
I would also like to add; how can women in this country feel that it's okay to leave and infant child with a disability at home while you are traveling around the country campaigning to be VP?

Well, right now Bristol Palin is holding said baby at the convention. She's sitting next to McCain's wife....and they're giving the baby a milk bottle.

Doesn't look abandoned to me.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Brand new idea...

Let's see what happens.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sarah Palin just accepted the nomination for vice president at 10:31pm ET/9:31pm CT in St Paul, exactly as the malefic fixed star Algol was rising. This does not bode well for her VP nomination - something will go wrong, and "horrible heads" will be the theme of the problem. Whether the horrible head is hers or someone else's remains to be seen. But it certainly does appear, from her speech, that she herself is a genuine woman who is somehow being taken advantage of.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone else is watching this on tv right now but Ive never seen a bigger group of more hateful, down-home, backwater retreads in my life.

I am registered Independent and don't find either candidate very appealing BUT
I am completely disgusted with the Republicans after watching this disaster tonight, it represents the WORST America has to offer.

DNC = tears, hope and inspiration

RNC = 1 pickup shy of a tractor pull breaking out...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
your dead on the money she is being used dose she know this though,these maggots will turn on any one, they have no morals and money is there only friend

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join