It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's VP Selection Is A Trojan Horse

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

.......and what if she don't want to play that game. She's got a big head right now. Well, perhaps she gets a BIG payoff, $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for being a player.

All in all this is turning out to be a ZOO.

It's no wonder why I hate politics....

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This would be a stupid idea, although I'll admit it would be right up there with many other decisions McCain has made recently. If McCain backed out of his VP choice, he'd look indecisive. People would wonder how long he would keep THIS VP choice. If there was some terrible scandal in her past, he'd look like he didn't base his most important decisions on enough information.

And I doubt any fence-sitters will be shamed into voting for McCain because he chose a VP candidate who was a picked on and couldn't hack it. This is running for the Presidency, not another Beauty Contest. If you can't take unfair attacks, then why did you run? She only get stronger sympathy from the people ALREADY planning to vote for McCain.

As to a conservative blogger posing as a liberal, the days of being anonymous on the internet are pretty much over. If you reach any level of notoriety, other internet tools are used to out you. Remember when Bush tried to plant a blogger in the press pool to ask friendly questions and people quickly figured out he had been a male prostitute?

None of this idea would work. Which doesn't mean McCain isn't trying it.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble

I think this thread is way off base, because Sarah Palin will be too popular, too fast, for the party to even consider replacing her. Any such attempt would be completely transparent, and they know it. The truth is that the Democrats are shaking in their shoes over this, and the more they complain, the more desperate they look.

I'm not so sure this is the case. There are plenty of valid complaints about Palin and the GoP's know it. The real conservatives feel betrayed
by McCain picking a nobody when he had so many good choices at his disposal but they are trying to show party unity so they don't betray their fear, weakness and disgust with McCain's choice. Now the strategist are trying their damnedist to make the best of a bad situation.
Or like Rush used to say, sacrifice McCain, let the dembs blow it and we'll sweep in 2012. Perhaps that is what we are witnessing with this circus. Taking things at face value in this day and age is a fools errand.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

modernized his campaign, but not himself. it's just the same old republican drivel they've been throwing down the assembly line since 'dubya' and his gunslingers came into town.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think the OP's ideas are possible.

My question is this. Given the thousands of members of the Republican party to choose from, this is the best McCain can come up with?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school
The assumption is that Palin is now "in" on the strategy at some level, but was not when first selected.

The only name that continually surfaces in regard to the possible first choice is Condoleezza Rice.

how do u mean "in"? like, 1) a paid actress "in on it"?

or like 2)"Oh crap the establishment is destroying me for being a reformist governer - or some other crap" "in on it"??

they did say she was tough on the oil companys, that she was a maverick etc (at least thats what i think i heard them say on TV)

i think i even heard them say she wanted to Tap into Alaskan reserves, which would supposedly lower the price of fuel here in the states, and make us "fuel independant" - Maybe thats why they want to destroy her?

1) Am I watching a scripted sitcom?
or 2) Am I watching the PTB squash a maverick gov?

its like 2 birds with 1 stone right? for mccain/rice win?

does Rove write the scripts for both partys? democrat and republican?

if Rove doesnt write the democrat script who is it? they would have to be coorindating both scripts to match up perfectly, it would seem.

it would mean Obama's script was written by Rove(or his best buddy) too, that would be freaky

[edit on 2-9-2008 by muzzleflash]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Um, would somebody tell me why the republicans would do this? I mean, what would they have to gain by using a trojan horse. thanks

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
SO if you look at the polls since PALIN....

and you think number have anything to do with the outcome...

Mccain is now down 15% in ohio from 3 days ago

Down another 2% in colorado since yesterday- total of 10% in 3 days

Down another 2% in Florida - where MC still has a hefty lead

Down a crap load in nevada ( I don't know because as of three days ago it seemed a Mccain lock so I did not pay attention) -Mccain & 53% down like- 15 -20 points in two days.

AND the BIGGEST change PER this GREAT website is VIRGINIA-
DOWN LIKE 35% in three days. A SUPER LOCK THREE DAYS AGO - today Mccain at 40%

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I find it very disturbing that for the first time in a VERY long time a potential VP (Gov Palin) that stands against corruption is being slandered left and right in the media and blogs. These are the same media outlets that refuse to impeach Bush and Cheney for war crimes and a whole laundry list of things that should have put them both in jail.

All of a sudden the Dem's find a backbone to attack someone who is more like the average person than anyone I'd seen in politics in a long time. If there is a plan to just use her to get political sympathy by destroying an otherwise good name and putting undue stress on her family, it is a great shame.

Then again, none of these news outlets seems very interested in things that actually should be news like Obama not being an American Citizen and therefore not qualified to be the Democratic Nominee. But hey why let reality get in the way of this right.

These people are sick and without conscience.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks there will be a lot more negatives come out about Palin is probably wrong. Palin, has been around a long time up here in Alaska so she has been well vetted by her opponents, the media and not least of all the conservatives that seem to have a propensity for devouring their own candidates.

Any new and incriminating allogations will probably prove only to be allogations.

There is a lot of talk in Alaska about Palin as VP. Most think she will do well and IS qualified. Even some of her opponents!

I don't expect her to drop out because of Democratic or media criticism. She's more likely to have them for lunch, so to speak.

There are Alaskans, ex Alaskans and sympathizers. I'd be the former by over 30 yrs.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
There are some legit issues that many should bring up about her. But bringing up her family is not one of them. Sooner or later it will backfire and only serve to unite women to her side.

I personally don't see her going anywhere. She is here to stay.

It does amaze me that people who talked about that one doesn't need experience to be president are now stressing that it is important.

Basically it boils down to advisers to tell the President what the best move should be.

Maybe we should pay more attention to who the advisers are to see what kind of policy we will have.

My last point is if so many feel that she is bad for the Republican party then why try so hard to discredit her in so many different ways.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by jsobecky

I doubt the scenario you envision, but I will say that Lieberman will probably be a top level cabinet member. such as Secretary of State, in the McCain administration. And he would be an excellent choice, imo.

Without a doubt Lieberman may be a part of a McCain administration if one comes into being, but having Lieberman as SOS? The one in charge of foreign affairs?

Knowing Lieberman's true nature as a lobbyist for Israel, and having him in a McCain administration will be worst than "more of the same". Not only will big oil be running the show in Washington, now we will have Israel calling the shots in Foreign Affairs for the next four years.

This is exactly what we don't need anymore. You want to defend Israel? Then move over there and do it. That is not American. What ever happened to taking care of our own?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Coming from the other side...

This theory of Gov. Palin being a trojan horse is absurd. The reason why is simple. If any candidate chose a running mate that had something so bad enough for them to resign, would only shows it was a bad choice and would reflect on the candidates choice and reveal the flaws of said candidate. They would not get away with simply brushing one VP choice aside and selecting another without taking a serious hit on their judgment.

No, McCain's choice of VP was to gain support from disgruntled Hillary supporters, which IMO is betting on a negative, and when November rolls around people vote more with their heads than with their emotions. If I'm wrong and this strategy works, then America deserves the president they elect.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I was browsing CNN and found this article it shows that people are betting money on palin dropping out. i thought it was relevant so heres the link:

money.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
You know this post is almost funny - but instead it is pathetic.

Karl Rove is not a comic book supervillian with the power to see the future perfectly. He's just a dirtbag that knows the average American voter is an idiot. But even an idiot can tell this woman is not even close to being qualified to be president - which is what she must be as the VP.

Now I normally say never under estimate the stupidity of the average American - but even I have enough faith in my fellow citizens to know most don't want this woman as president.

This VP pick makes McCain look bad PERIOD. Nothing positive has or will come of it.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by proximo

could you please refrain from calling other americans idiots? (that goes for everyone in this thread). no one here is an idiot. no one out there is an idiot. stop the partisan bickering. we all vote or prepare to vote, our conscience and our wallets. this is a fact of life. you can't ignore the people on either side of the issues, which is why we have a amalgam of democratic/republican social programs and programs related to democratic/republican ideals. these serve to represent our nation as a whole. neither side tries to remove the other side's programs because they don't get put in place to begin with, without a lot of bipartisan agreement. thus, we aren't going to see the end of abortion or welfare or social security just because a lady from alaska is a vp candidate.

please, you people way over exaggerate everything. i still am in shock over that entire jesusland map fiasco. how can you possibly hope for voters when you're insulting them constantly? do you think people are masochists or what? you don't have my permission to call me an idiot every other day, just because i hold some conservative positions. so i'm not the masochist you're looking for. and i have a sneakin' feeling, alot of others aren't either.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

McCain/Palin = real change you can count on!

Obama/Biden = same old Washington politics.

You might want to edit your post - you got it backwards.

...typo's made by the best of us... lol

[edit on 3-9-2008 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Wow, you really seem to have your panties in a bunch. Listen, I am a woman, I am a mother of three beautiful children, I lived in Alaska for three years (during the Reagan administration), and I would not dream of voting for McCain because he picked a woman for his VP. Just because we both have vagina's doesn't mean I am an idiot. This is not about glass ceilings or any other feminist bs. This is about who can run this country into the ground slowest (if you believe all the conspiracy theories out there about NWO, etc).

When I first read the OP, I immediately thought about Bush's Supreme Court Justice nominee and how she dropped out just days later. This has got to be the most irrational thing I have seen McCain do.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

first of all, leave my undergarments out of the discussion.
next, it has everything to do with a woman in office. allow me to refresh your memory, but they trounced hillary just recently too, and she was the most experienced of them all. sarah could have years of experience too, but it wouldn't mean squat because there will be no woman in the white house unless we force the issue.

there's a reason why we can't get a woman in the white house here, and it's partly related to who wields the most power over our nation (foreign oil). ever read frank herbert's DUNE? think of oil like the spice. it's a commodity that only exists in one place in that universe, but that's not so for us. we have oil, too. i've been studying the economy, very closely, for many years now. i've went through hundreds of alternative fuel sources, their patents and supporting documents/websites. i couldn't figure out what the problem was, and why we weren't going to these alternative fuel sources, for a very long time.

then it dawned on me. first, we need to get energy independence. if we don't get it, we will be slowly starved to death by our own politicians. i think sarah has a pretty good plan and the ability to deliver. once we are independent, we can switch to whatever kind of alternative energy sources we want and pioneer that technology all over the planet. it's a viable solution, and certainly better than keeping it the way it is now because the current plan is to increase the prices on everything even more over the next 5 years.

when carter was in office, he tried to get us off foreign oil and he paid dearly for it. we need energy independence so bad, it's obvious to everyone but the guys who attached themselves to the foreign oil wells, intravenously. we don't need some guys in another country determining the value of our women. some of the guys supporting obama are getting the wrong idea entirely. like..white women are ho's, for example. no, i will not agree to that. i don't agree to women being called ho's, regardless
sorry.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This certainly crossed my mind only hours of first hearing of his selection. Then became reenforced when the "leftwing" bloggers got a hold of some dirt then posted it incorrectly in very bad taste. Sounds just like Karl Rove to me.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join