It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Loves her Grandchild, Obama See His as Punishment

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

A pair of closed legs solves a lot of these issues you know....

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
I think the only thing Obama is guilty of is a very poor choice of words.

Can you suggest other words Obama might have used to get his point across?

He said he wouldn't want his kids punished with a baby. What would have been a better choice of words?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

The overly religous sect... LOL looses alot of arguments on these topics by being spoken for by those who are baseing their beliefs on a few dogmatic verses in the bible and it doesn't hold weight to others

My stance, comes from the fact I am adopted and... I really am glad I am here and that I did not abort my own children in rough circumstances and what it got me in life...

so if that is a respect for life, that's why I feel that way, my kids were a blessing and i'm glad to be alive

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

As I see it, children are not punishment, sex is for people who are in love, who want to create something together. It's ultimately their responsibility to conceive when they have the resources, the maturity, and decency to do it for the purpose of actually wanting to raise a new being of their creation out of love.

Punishment is in the eye of the receiver. Obama is the one here, who seems to be inferring that a baby would be a punishment. I think that the irresponsibility and bad judgment leading to an uwanted pregnancy, in hindsight, would nag and feel like punishment to somebody, who knows they did wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn

he wouldn't want THEM (his own children) PUNISHED WITH A BABY.

That's right, punished. Deal with it.
He's advocating safe sex education so people aren't punished with a baby, in direct contradiction to Palin's faith based initiative nonsense of abstinence only education.

I don't need to deal with how Obama thinks that people get punished with babies. The American people will deal with however they see fit.

I'm just comparing how Palin and Obama characterize their potential grandkids. One thinks it's a blessing, the other a curse.

Deal with it.

Babies can often doom a person to mediocrity. It may not be politically correct to say so, but the truth often isn't.

Sure, and having a baby can also inspire some people to greatness. Having a baby's can motivate people to work harder, and become the type of person their child will be proud of. In fact, I would argue that having kids might be the single biggest reason people get further in life because they are forced to become less self-centered and self-indulgent, and grow up and take responsibility.

So, the next time you take a quote way out of context and disingenuously try to steer the argument in your prefered direction, make sure I'm not around,

OMG.... you really need to take yourself less seriously. You're embarrassing yourself now. But not as bad as you did when you referred to Gov. Palin's son as a "retard" and her uterus as a "retard factory" or whatever is was you came up with.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
When it comes specifically to HIV/AIDS, the most important prevention is education, which should include -- which should include abstinence education and teaching the children -- teaching children, you know, that sex is not something casual. But it should also include -- it should also include other, you know, information about contraception because, look, I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at the age of 16. You know, so it doesn't make sense to not give them information."

AND ONCE again...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulatorBut if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby.

Yes, once again, this is what Obama said. If they make a mistake he doesn't want his kids punished with a baby.

What is difficult to understand about this?

The fact that Obama talked about education and STD's doesn't somehow mean he didn't say the thing about his kids being punished with a baby. That's what this thread is about. Obama thinking kids get punished with babies, and Gov. Palin thinking that kids are blessings.

It's really quite a clear difference between the two.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

"We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us. Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that, as parents, we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. We're proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents.

Oh yeah I would be extremely excited for my 17 year old to have a baby and become a young grandmother...it's everything I would of hoped for.....

Plus there are many people who would find having their 17 y/o having a child has a huge burden, especially people who are poor and don't have the money to take care of one. Palin is lucky because her mommy has money and she doesn't have to worry about dropping out of high school to go work at Mickey D's.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm not one to post in politics but this is something I feel strongly about. Abortion should not be an option unless certain criteria are met. Mothers life in danger and being raped are the only ones that come to mind. I can't stree it enough on how adoption is always an option. There are waiting lists that go on for years for people that don't have the ability to have a child. They usually pay for all the expenses of the biological mother as well. While some people would still think its punishment for them to wait full term and give up the child, then they shouldn't of been having the sex in the first place. It's that simple. I'm not completely pro-life but ppro-choice is like giving someone a "get out of responsibilities for free" card. If you can't step up to the plate then don't got to bat.

My 2 cents

-Aza

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
sex is for people who are in love, who want to create something together.

that's a very sweet, but unrealistic and naive view of things.

Originally posted by Azathoth
Abortion should not be an option unless certain criteria are met. Mothers life in danger and being raped are the only ones that come to mind.

seriously? How does a rape baby get to be punished? Did that baby choose it's form of conception? It seems the only logical thing to do in regards to abortion, is allow the decision to be up to the person.

You know the best reason for it? Because they will ultimately do what they want anyways. Just because you say it's against the law, does not magically coat a fetus in bullet proof kevlar.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

that's a very sweet, but unrealistic and naive view of things.

Yes, and some people would argue that even believing in God is an unrealistic and naive view of things.

Which, relating to the topic of this thread, how can Obama profess to be a Christian and believe that having a baby would be punishment? Does he really believe that God punished the child with a baby?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I totally respect that.

I was a foster child, unwanted by my own family, and I too am pretty glad to be here.

The only place I differ with you is that I do not believe I would have known if I had been aborted rather than born. It isnt that I am not happy to be here, but I had to suffer mistreatment and abuse as a child, and deal with the fact that my real brother took his own life because he couldnt cope with the damage he took as a child, AND that a 12 year old foster brother of mine did so as well, and I am here to assure you that being born does not mean that a child does not suffer.

If and when there are no abused children in this country, no hungry no mistreated and unwanted, THEN I think the time is to fight over the children not yet born. We cant even provide good homes for the children that are here and unwanted.

I hear all this hoohah about "I would have adopted the baby so it didnt have to be aborted." And other rubbish. Well, get to adopting or fostering, because there are thousands and thousands of bundles of love out there than no one cares for, that are bounced from home to home to home until they finally either break and harm themselves or others or manage to somehow find one family that cares enough to help them figure crap out. I am one of the last group. My brother never got that family.

Maybe all the good right to lifers didnt want him because he wasnt a fetus. Who knows.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

I hear all this hoohah about "I would have adopted the baby so it didnt have to be aborted." And other rubbish. Well, get to adopting or fostering, because there are thousands and thousands of bundles of love out there than no one cares for, that are bounced from home to home to home until they finally either break and harm themselves or others or manage to somehow find one family that cares enough to help them figure crap out. I am one of the last group. My brother never got that family.

Maybe all the good right to lifers didnt want him because he wasnt a fetus. Who knows.

I adopted a girl, and I wanted to take in a foster child.

I was totally pissed off because the woman from social services told me that I couldn't take in a black child because they felt it was "important that the child grows in in his culture."

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I applaud that. It is nice to see someone that actually walks the walk instead of just talking the talk.

And, I think the "raised in their own culture" bit is rubbish that they need to do away with. I was raised by people not the same "color" as I am, and I can assure you, just having a family that cared for me was the only thing I was concerned with. The culture or color means nothing.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

And, I think the "raised in their own culture" bit is rubbish that they need to do away with. I was raised by people not the same "color" as I am, and I can assure you, just having a family that cared for me was the only thing I was concerned with. The culture or color means nothing.

I agree about the culture thing. My daughter is from China and I've tried repeatedly to encourage her to go to a Chinese class with other kids from China and she looks at me like I'm crazy.

The sad part is the only reason I tried to encourage this is because some idiotic social worker told me to do it. I should have known better.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

awww, check out this cutie. she's singing the new year song and god so loved the world, in mandarin chinese. she's actually american and speaks both languages (mandarin and english)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by jamie83

awww, check out this cutie. she's singing the new year song and god so loved the world, in mandarin chinese. she's actually american and speaks both languages (mandarin and english)

You're making me want to go back to China and adopt another girl. One of the things that's always haunted me are the girls in the orphanage that were left there after the group I was with got their babies.

I'll never forget the look on one little girl's face as we left the building and she watched the other kids leave. She looked about 3 and had a cleft lip, and she had a look on her face like she was so sad. I think it was because of the other kids leaving.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wow.

This is a disgusting thread. Anyone who is fooled by the twisting and spinning of Obama's words is either gullible or doesn't like Obama and is being told exactly what they want to hear.

If you think it's great that her 17 year old daughter got knocked up, you obviously haven't tried to change diapers and prepare a bottle at 4 a.m. at the age of 17 while your friends are traveling to Europe or studying for a Physics exam before Spring Break.

While the "story" may seem glorious that she has chosen to not have an abortion, what do you make of the other story of the robbed young adulthood of this young woman simply because her parents didn't educate her properly about sex/pregnancy/STDs?

And THIS is the person you want 1 heart beat away from the Presidency!?!

All I can say is, I'm glad you aren't going to be raising my daughters or in charge of my future.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Wow.

This is a disgusting thread. Anyone who is fooled by the twisting and spinning of Obama's words is either gullible or doesn't like Obama and is being told exactly what they want to hear.

I keep waiting for somebody to explain this whole "spinning of Obama's words" concept. He said he wouldn't want his kids punished with a baby. It's pretty direct and to the point. What "spinning" do you think is going on?

If you think it's great that her 17 year old daughter got knocked up, you obviously haven't tried to change diapers and prepare a bottle at 4 a.m. at the age of 17 while your friends are traveling to Europe or studying for a Physics exam before Spring Break.

I have three kids, plus a step child. I wouldn't trade any one of them for any amount of money, career, trips to Florida for Spring Break, trips to Europe, or entrance into an Ivy League college. I would much rather have my kids and struggle financially if need be than have all the money in the world.

While the "story" may seem glorious that she has chosen to not have an abortion, what do you make of the other story of the robbed young adulthood of this young woman simply because her parents didn't educate her properly about sex/pregnancy/STDs?

Your statement is wrong on two counts. First, nobody robbed Bristol Palin of anything. She had sex. She got pregnant. She plans to get married and raise a family. She might be the happiest person in the world raising her baby and working as a waitress the rest of her life.

Who TF are you to judge another person's happiness based on YOUR standards?

All I can say is, I'm glad you aren't going to be raising my daughters or in charge of my future.

Me too. I think it would be too disgusting to see you focus all your energy on getting your new BMW and big house and act like you actually accomplished something in life.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

think it would be too disgusting to see you focus all your energy on getting your new BMW and big house and act like you actually accomplished something in life.

george lucas is quoted in the unauthorized biography of his life, SKYWALKING, that owning a bmw was no different than owning a volkswagen, it just cost a whole lot more to repair.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join