It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO on fire

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Looks like a test flight for a Military rocket system or ICBM.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I've found an interesting article: it's in Portuguese, which is not my language, so i apologize but the following is just a rough translation:

During the last week of September was uploaded to YouTube a spectacular video, showing supposed bright UFOS in Piracicaba, Brazil. In according to the author, the video was taken in the month in the month of July, 2007.

It is worth mentioning that no ufologist in Brazil reported the sighting (nor in July or in other months).
I wrote to one of my friends, a researcher from the aforementioned country: he explained me, very kindly, that the "bright objects" were not UFOS.

According to the researcher, it was a show of paratroopers with fireworks (parachute flare) and added that in his country these shows are common. Besides he pointed out that in Piracicaba there are several centers specialized in parachuthing, like Albatroz Club and Centre Aeroterrestre.

Thanks to the data he provided me, i've been able to look for more informations, so i've found this one that I consider relevant to the investigation of the case. It's a video of night jump with fireworks, taken precisely in July 2007, in Piracicaba:

4º Úlcera Day - Forrest Gump Party - 21-22/07/2007

Credits:
Profra. Ana Luisa Cid

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Great post, thanks for joining in Infernos, its not everyday the poster of a you tube is also in ats who also made the video only to research it himself and find out the actual answer.

thats pretty awesome

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
I've found an interesting article: it's in Portuguese, which is not my language, so i apologize but the following is just a rough translation:

During the last week of September was uploaded to YouTube a spectacular video, showing supposed bright UFOS in Piracicaba, Brazil. In according to the author, the video was taken in the month in the month of July, 2007.

It is worth mentioning that no ufologist in Brazil reported the sighting (nor in July or in other months).
I wrote to one of my friends, a researcher from the aforementioned country: he explained me, very kindly, that the "bright objects" were not UFOS.

According to the researcher, it was a show of paratroopers with fireworks (parachute flare) and added that in his country these shows are common. Besides he pointed out that in Piracicaba there are several centers specialized in parachuthing, like Albatroz Club and Centre Aeroterrestre.

Thanks to the data he provided me, i've been able to look for more informations, so i've found this one that I consider relevant to the investigation of the case. It's a video of night jump with fireworks, taken precisely in July 2007, in Piracicaba:

4º Úlcera Day - Forrest Gump Party - 21-22/07/2007

Credits:
Profra. Ana Luisa Cid

imo that is a clever attempt to debunk the original video

the fire from the ufo is huge compared to that one..

also did they sacrfice some guy to make that vid? i didnt see any chute open..

lol @ governments...this is going to be fun when our brothers/sisters do decide to roll in

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Man I just have to say that is friggin AWESOME!!!

Fireworks on a bridge? Are you insane? This was definitely in the air and if it was a stunt it was unbelievable. How could you get something to burn that hot and last that long, all the while dropping molten metal as it changed directions. The very best video to date that I have seen on ATS. Thanks for the post and someone get a secondary screen video in case it disappears off youtube.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Although it's a good translation, that page you posted it's not in Portuguese, it's in Spanish.

Ana Luisa Cid is a Mexican UFO expert.

I also noticed that the video is from theMexican YouTube.

Originally posted by Skipper1975
lol @ governments...this is going to be fun when our brothers/sisters do decide to roll in

Read above, nobody is talking about governments, it was a UFO expert talking about it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for the clarification, ArMaP:

The two websites linked in the article are in Portuguese, but i couldn't find any information about the event in question.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This can be easily done. This may not be what happened, but someone can attach something on fire to a rope or chain and have the end of the rope attacked to a helicopter or some small rc plane, then just fly it around in a circle.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Do you know what instantly sprang to mind as I watched this amazing video. Rendlesham! Col Charles Halt and several of the US servicemen described the object in the Rendlesham woods as having molten metal dripping off it. The object in the video appears to be doing the same thing!
Just a thought. . .

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

omg skip, you've made my ATS-life because I can finally say the mother of all skeptic replies to a video "anomaly"....-ahem- (readies sarcastic-but-serious-sounding voice):

I say it's a bird on fire with a Chinese lantern in it's mouth!...oh wait! Flying through swamp gas too...

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

In 1996 me and my father witnessed a brilliant green fireball with parts falling off of it much like that in the OP's video only with the greenish coloration and steeper angle. We were driving South into Tulsa on I-69 and we watched it in amazement. It was pitch black outside and about 10 o'clock.

The object apparently landed in one of the many parks in Tulsa and it was in the paper the next day. It ended up being part of an old Russian rocket that had reentered and fallen to earth. The greenish coloration is supposedly the color of the metals when they melt/burn off during and after reentry.

This object doesn't have that green coloration.. But it could easily be some kind of meteor. Perseid meteors have a distinct greenish glow when you see them in the night sky.. But some meteors don't just depending on what comet the meteors derived from. Different comet = slightly different composition, size, and overall density of the meteors. Therefore, some meteor showers involve brilliant blue streaks, others involve very short-lived much less brilliant green streaks. It all depends.

If this is something man-made that has reentered, it would probably not travel horizontal like this.. The angle would be much steeper like it was with the object me and my father saw in 1996.

When I first saw the clip, the first thing that came to mind was this spark-spewing, flame-making stunt aircraft that was videotaped in Orlando and first thought to be a UFO.. After we dug a little deeper and analyzed the video closer, it was apparent this was an airplane designed for such a breathtaking light-show. Whether or not this video is of the same aircraft, I don't know because you can't see any evidence of an aircraft at all here. But it is something to think about

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-ChriS

[edit on 30-8-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Can someone explain me what are these streaks of light coming out of the object, that appear along the video?

[edit on 31-8-2008 by dracodie]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dracodie

They could just be a camera glitch. Not sure..

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dracodie

i think that was done when the video was edited . .. the same streaks are seen at the end of the video when the words and letters come up; i'd have to see the unedited original video before i could make an assessment of this . . . but as of right now, i'm leaning towards BOGUS.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Exactly. i just checked it out again.. I think the streaks were simply edited in for effect. The streaks match with the overall theme of the opening sequence which also involves streaks of light. And right after the opening segment/title screen you see the same flashes that were edited in for effect. It looks like the streaks were added in at the beginning of each scene/sequence of the video.

This object appears to have all the hallmarks of a meteor burning up. If an aircraft is going to burn like that, its going down I don't really care what it is. Especially if you are having burning, molten parts falling off of it like that.. So this doesn't appear to be any aircraft (at least none that I'm aware of). This is most likely a meteor or some kind of space debris that has reentered. It happens ALOT. Some other burning-up meteor videos for comparison..

The one in the video, if it is a meteor, would obviously have to be pretty large to create such an immense fireball. But these were really that rare there wouldn't be all these youtube videos of them. It's hard to tell what is space junk and what is a meteor also unless you actually inspect what is left and can make that determination based on what is still intact. This is exactly what happened to me in 1996 when me and my father saw that big green fireball I talked about earlier. If the object was never recovered and found to be part of some old russian rocket, we would have just thought it was a meteor and moved on.

It could very well be that this is space debris of some kind that is simply burning up and fragmenting making the coloration more indicative of an aircraft on fire than what we usually see in videos of meteors.

There isn't any way to tell whether or not this is a UFO unless there was some kind of physical evidence to prove that just because this looks so much like a simple meteor or space debris that has reentered. I can vouch for the fact that I saw burning man-made space debris and I don't know alot of people who can claim that (which is pretty cool). It is nearly impossible to tell the difference between the two from what I have seen and both look ALOT like what is in the video..

-ChriS

[edit on 31-8-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 31-8-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I have to say those streaks of light don't only appear at the beginning or at the end...

Here are 3 captures when they appear during the vid:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

Honestly man, I think its some kind of special effect.. That's the only reason you are seeing them over and over at very specific points in the video. They were edited in for effect..

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Space junk nor meteorites make large turns on their descent. This object did.

What is it? It could be a helicopter, or it could be paratroopers with fireworks, although I'd hesitate to think that given the fact that if the fireworks catch the parachutes on fire, someone's gonna fall a long ways.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
WOW

AMAZING, One of the best yet!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Cool video, whatever it is.

I have two points to make:

1: Should this be aliens travelling in a space ship, surely they would've thought to re-enter back into space to put out the fire? I mean no oxygen, no fire. Aliens capable of creating intergalactic space craft should definitely know that if I do. Right?

2: Meteors do not make 180 degree turns. It is not a meteor.

It's more likely to be either fireworks on a plane, or fireworks of some sort on something. Not aliens.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join