It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCains VP Choice Palin Currently Being Investigated For Abuse Of Office: Faces Impeachment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I was just reading about this over at the Confederate Yankee blog. Among the highlights I found there:

"...And perhaps part of the reason the governor's aides wanted this trooper fired wasn't because he was part of a divorce, but because he shot a cow moose... out of season....It could also have been because he was caught driving drunk... in a patrol car... May be it even might have had something to do with the fact he tasered his 11-year-old-son..."

You can read more here: confederateyankee.mu.nu...

Why doesn't it surprise me that there's more to the story not related in the OP?

Somehow I don't think this is going to work against Palin, much less against McCain/Palin.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

I think McCain is genious and will pull the election.

It's genius, genius.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 29-8-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If said trooper was a risk to himself and others why didnt his superiors handle him accordingly. Why did it have to go all the way to the Governor. I didnt know governors were consulted over the hiring and firing of state troopers

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

I live in Alaska and was a Hilary delegate. I will not vote for someone who is so unquafied for the job just because she is a woman.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well it looked rather short-sighted of McCain to select her, and it just goes to show him that you should choose your running mate more carefully - and not just because you think you can snap up the salty Hillary supporters who are miffed at Obama.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
John McCain thought bubble...

"Well things are not looking so good for my campaign so...I can spend the next 2 1/2 months of long hours and late nights with Mitt Romney.....or I could spend them with Sarah...who knows maybe she will agree to some limited drilling...eh eh eh"

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

"Well things are not looking so good for my campaign so...I can spend the next 2 1/2 months of long hours and late nights with Mitt Romney.....or I could spend them with Sarah...who knows maybe she will agree to some limited drilling...eh eh eh"

Just curious about something.

Why are racist posts grounds for removal and banning but sexist posts still get a nod and a wink?

Are you actually that immature and really think you're funny or clever? Or are you a high school kid waiting for school to start up again?

Do you think it would be funny to say, "Gee, I bet Biden is glad he'll be on the campaign with Obama. At least now he'll get to eat fried chicken and watermelon, and have somebody to shine his shoes.. he he he."

Can you at least see how ridiculously immature and stupid your post was now?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 4x4fun

That speaks poorly about women in general. I happen to believe are more discerning than you suggest. I know the Republican Party thinks you are all too stupid to understand actual issues but I have much more faith in you than they do.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Just curious about something.

Why are racist posts grounds for removal and banning but sexist posts still get a nod and a wink?

Are you actually that immature and really think you're funny or clever? Or are you a high school kid waiting for school to start up again?

Do you think it would be funny to say, "Gee, I bet Biden is glad he'll be on the campaign with Obama. At least now he'll get to eat fried chicken and watermelon, and have somebody to shine his shoes.. he he he."

Can you at least see how ridiculously immature and stupid your post was now?

No but I do think John McCain and his handlers think you are stupid and immature and can be easily manipulated. He thinks the appearance of diversity is the same as real diversity in race sex and class. Pathetic liars!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

No but I do think John McCain and his handlers think you are stupid and immature and can be easily manipulated. He thinks the appearance of diversity is the same as real diversity in race sex and class. Pathetic liars!

So which category does Palin fail your test for "real" diversity? Race? Sex? Class?

Palin is a woman.

Palin is white, and married to somebody part Eskimo.

Palin is middle class.

Palin is also very intelligent, incredibly popular, and fought the Republican establishment and big oil in Alaska and won.

Other than the fact that she has an "R" in front of her name, what is your specific problem with her?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Other than the fact that she has an "R" in front of her name, what is your specific problem with her?

The R is enough for me but I guess right off the top I would say she is not qualified for the position of VP. Especially for a man with health problems.

What do I mean by "not qualified" well what I mean is that I can see Joe Biden acting as president if something were to happen to Obama. I could not see Ms. Palin as pres if something were to happen to McCain.

Tell me why you think she is qualified for POTUS??

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Bottom line ... their problem isn't so much with HER as it is that they are now VERY SCARED. The Messiah isn't going to be the shoe in that they were hoping he would be.

This is really getting fun now!

Jemison

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The R is enough for me but I guess right off the top I would say she is not qualified for the position of VP. Especially for a man with health problems.

What do I mean by "not qualified" well what I mean is that I can see Joe Biden acting as president if something were to happen to Obama. I could not see Ms. Palin as pres if something were to happen to McCain.

Tell me why you think she is qualified for POTUS??

You obviously know NOTHING about Palin. Take some time, educate yourself, and come back later.

Palin is at least as qualified as Obama to be POTUS, probably more qualified. She is a leader. She is a D.C. outsider. She is not beholden to special interests. She makes decisions based on her values and what she thinks is right.

Palin also has an incredible story of accomplishment. Few people, male or female, Republican or Democrat, have accomplished what Palin has by the age of 44.

She has more expertise in energy issues than any of the candidates. She has more executive branch experience than any of the candidates.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Yeah right. Thought I would get that Obama line!
Cmon Jamie how about some links, quotes, etc. You know...the specifics! Yeah shes pretty and shes a republican I guess that's good enough for you and John!

Cut the BS Jamie we know who the Rethuglicans represent and it is NOT women, NOT minorities and NOT working people!!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
I think McCain is genious and will pull the election.

Obama "missed the boat" when he didn't take Hillary on. McCain saw this and moved on the vacuum.

A Genius? NO WAY. Clever...yes. Now my reason for replying to this thread. McCain probably knew that Obama was going to win this one so he decided to choose a woman as his VP.Now things have changed and the votes are probably going to sway towards McCain because of his choice for VP.
Is it possible that he chose a woman just so that he can be ultimately elected as President and then once he is elected and sworn in he "knocks off" the VP? Has a VP ever been assasinated and if so what process is involved in choosing a new VP or does the president just pick whoever he/she wants?
Sorry if this sounds a little crass. This was just a thought that immediately came to mind when i heard of this. From what I have read about her she is quite the woman and i would think not exactly what McCain ultimately wants.

I think I'm going to get hammered big time on this one.

[edit on 8/29/2008 by VernonBC]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I do think the Republicans went with her because she was female.

I do NOT think it was because of her stellar record.

I think they ARE hoping that Hillary supporters are so stupid that they wont notice the difference between her and Hillary, and just vote her in because she is a female.

I do NOT think that is going to be the way it works. Most women I know are able to tell each other apart.

I dont think the Republicans realize that, "throw a minority on the ticket so we can appear to be hip and with it" is the opposite of truly being diversified. It is "tokenism," which is insulting (or should be, in my opinion only) to the group who is being manipulated in this way.

I think that this is going to backfire.

No woman I know personally, no matter how disappointed she is that Hillary lost the nod, is dumb enough to vote for "just any old woman" and completely ignore the issues.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

reply to post by jamie83

Yeah right. Thought I would get that Obama line!
Cmon Jamie how about some links, quotes, etc. You know...the specifics! Yeah shes pretty and shes a republican I guess that's good enough for you and John!

Cut the BS Jamie we know who the Rethuglicans represent and it is NOT women, NOT minorities and NOT working people!!

Leo, it is neither my responsibility nor desire to spend my time doing research for you. There is this site called "google.com" You can find what you are looking for there.

You seem to have bought into the standard democrat propaganda. While Obama snubbed Clinton and Sibelius, and McCain selected Palin, you somehow in your convoluted thinking have twisted that into the Dems being for women.

And what exactly have the Dems done to help minorities and/or the working class?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

[And what exactly have the Dems done to help minorities and/or the working class?

Well again off the top of my head...

Women's voting rights.
Women's reproductive rights
Equal rights ammendment
Labor rights
Right to organize unions
Child labor laws
8 hour workday
Minimum wage
Voting rights act
Environmental Protection Act
Occupational Health and Safety
Hate crime laws
FDA Food and drug safety
Anti Discrimination Law

I forgot Social Security and Medicaid also the VA... well I think you get the idea!

These are just a few of the acheivements of the Progressive movement.

How about you Jamie??? What have the Rethuglicans done for anyone but themselves and their cronies???? Hmmmmmm????

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

How about you Jamie??? What have the Rethuglicans done for anyone but themselves and their cronies???? Hmmmmmm????

Let's start with the Civil Rights movement. It was the Republicans, not the Democrats, the pushed for the repeal of the segregation laws. The southern Democrats almost were ready to start another Civil War to keep blacks from having equal rights.

I will excuse your ignorance in this matter since this is something that is absolutely never mentioned by the MSM nor is it generally taught in schools.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Let's start with the Civil Rights movement. It was the Republicans, not the Democrats, the pushed for the repeal of the segregation laws. The southern Democrats almost were ready to start another Civil War to keep blacks from having equal rights.

I will excuse your ignorance in this matter since this is something that is absolutely never mentioned by the MSM nor is it generally taught in schools.

Wrong again Jamie...the democratic "Solid South" was leftover from the civil war. An opposition party to the Northeastern elite (republicans). Even though they were democrats in name they were more an opposition party to the "North". The civil rights movement is a progressive movement to the core and you know it!!! Puhleeeeeeeezzzzzz!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join