It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCains VP Choice Palin Currently Being Investigated For Abuse Of Office: Faces Impeachment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Can you expain to me how Obama is a rock star? Does he play in a band? I really dont get this accusation from McCain supporters. Obama did not come from a well to do family, he paid his way through college, he is known for having much fewer lobbyist connections than most politicians.

Do you call him a rock star because he is popular? Is being popular among constituents a bad thing.

If you are going to call him a rock star, I think you should explain why you call him that.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
Can you expain to me how Obama is a rock star?
Obama's campaign is trying to play into the whole rock star image with the elaborate stage sets, special effects, and choreographed shows of adoration by his supporters. All he need is a bass guitar, some high heel shoes, and a little makeup, and he'd have the whole shebang!

Does he play in a band? I really dont get this accusation from McCain supporters.
They are literally referring to him being a rock star only figuratively..

Obama did not come from a well to do family, he paid his way through college, he is known for having much fewer lobbyist connections than most politicians.
Obama's whole "Ragged Dick" image is a crock. Obama's father was no goat herder but a British Civil Servant, his Grandmother was the President of a bank, his mother probably never saw a Food Stamp in her life, and he and His wife both have high paying jobs. Michelle alone earns $375,000/year. Why the Republican haven't called him out on this completely false biographical information, I don't know.. He's a liar.

Do you call him a rock star because he is popular? Is being popular among constituents a bad thing.
I call him a rock star because he attempts to use all the same cheezy props to promote his image.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

I take it the Republicans run clean campaigns, then based on truth and understanding?

what freakin' planet have YOU been on for the past 8 years?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yep, another "source", that doesn't know what it is talk about but will smear anyone, at any time, just to be smearing them.

In fact, she is under investigation by the Republican party in Alaska, because she fired a long term but very corrupt official. She has gone after corruption, regardless of what party the person belongs to, That just isn't "done", and her onw paty "good ole boys" want to get her.

Why is it that nobody around here ever bothers to look beyond the freaky sources?????

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 4x4fun

She's a woman. Need I say more?

And Hitler was a man....

No, you need not say any more.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

I'm curious to why you quoted me and the comments that followed.
Certainly you don't think she will order the killing of 6 million jews, I hope.
What is it you are suggesting?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 4x4fun

My point is.....
Voting for someone JUST because they are say...a woman, or black,....or purple for that matter...sets the dangerous precedent that it doesn't matter what a politician believes in as long as they look like you.

I am a white male. That does not give John McCain my vote automatically.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I don't understand, I thought ATS people hated cops zapping people all over the place with taser guns.

When a cop gets fired for performance issues that includes tasing his 10 year old stepson, one would think that the forums would rejoice.

Oh and what kind of cop would tase a 10 year old just because a 10 year old asked him to do it? I mean aren't there stories of people dying because of being hit with a taser?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
If this is the best democrats can do digging up dirt... frankly, you're boned this election.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
reply to post by 4x4fun

My point is.....
Voting for someone JUST because they are say...a woman, or black,....or purple for that matter...sets the dangerous precedent that it doesn't matter what a politician believes in as long as they look like you.

I am a white male. That does not give John McCain my vote automatically.
but for most people they will automatically vote for their party. I don't see any 'change' with voting habit by the people who apparently want it so badly. But then that's people for you. They are quick to want something, but if they have to work for that something, forget about it...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Already we have ONE side of the story, there is more than meets the eye. Since she has removed a lot of corruption from her govt. she has probably made alot of enemies. There may be more to the story than what the headline implies. I can't find any more comment on the internet from any trusted news sources that would confirm this. So maybe a red herring from a disgruntled corrupt source trying to hurt her reputation.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

I've already come to this conclusion starting with Obama, so I can agree with your assessment.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by botiemaster
If this is the best democrats can do digging up dirt... frankly, you're boned this election.

I don't think so, and I'm not a democrat but a Goldwater Republican.

Among my female colleagues and a lot of them are GOP; not one of them is
going to vote for McCain/Palin. Why? Even most Republican women deep down are pro choice; especially when it comes to incest and rape. Palin just sunk the GOPs chances with her stance on no abortion even with incest or rape.

Who's boned??

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4x4fun
She's a woman. Need I say more?
Women are voters, my girl friends will vote for her, their daughters will vote for her, and their grandmothers will vote for her, just because she is a woman.
Thank god that criminal Hillary is out or they'ed probably vote for her.

Wow
Who told you that??? Because she is a woman, that means that women will vote for her?? Maybe you should think that out a little more. If you know people that would vote for someone strictly because of their sex, then you should all sit down and research a little.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Sarah had a right if not a duty to get that State Trooper fired. If you read of any cop acting like this one you would demand it. The public safety commissioner had to be let go for failure to follow her orders. This is the kind of cop you see on Utube beating some motorist sensless.

Something I found at another forum. If this is true which I figure it is it shows why Palin is not worried about any investigation about the trooper.

Politics: You'll be hearing a lot in coming weeks about Sarah Palin's "abuse of power" in trying to get a state cop fired. Here's the back story you won't be hearing.

Palin's political enemies have a stink bomb set to go off late in October, just before the election. That's when voters will see fruits of a "legislative investigation" into the charge that the governor fired Alaska's Public Safety Commissioner Walter Monegan because he wouldn't get rid of Mike Wooten, a state trooper and Palin's ex-brother-in-law.

We can see where this is headed. Palin will be found to have done nothing illegal in firing Monegan, since public safety commissioners serve at the governor's pleasure. But the media will frame this case in vague but sinister terms: Think "abuse of power." It will also bury the back story that explains why Palin was so concerned.

So here are some key facts to keep on file (for a full report on Wooten, see adn.com/front/story/476430.html). You may not be seeing much of them from here on:

• Mike Wooten, 35, has been a trooper since 2001. He has been married and divorced four times. One of his marriages was to Palin's sister, Molly McCann, with whom he had two children. That marriage ended in 2006. His behavior leading up to the divorce led Palin's and McCann's father, Chuck Heath, to file a formal complaint about him to the state police.

• Heath and Sarah Palin, who was not yet governor, said that Wooten had threatened to kill Heath — telling McCann that Heath "would eat a f***ing lead bullet" if he hired a lawyer for her. They also charged that he had used a Taser on his own 11-year-old stepson, had drunk beer in his patrol car and had shot a cow moose without a license (the latter a crime in Alaska, where such licenses are not easy to come by).

• The state police investigated these charges and substantiated all of them. Col. Julia Grimes, then head of the Alaska State Troopers, suspended Wooten for 10 days and wrote, "The record clearly indicates a serious and concentrated pattern of unacceptable and at times, illegal activity occurring over a lengthy period, which establishes a course of conduct totally at odds with the ethics of our profession." She warned him he would be fired if he didn't shape up. The troopers' union got the suspension cut to five days.

Now ask yourself this: If you were Sarah Palin and had such a revealing look at Mike Wooten, would you have wanted him on the force? Palin was acting as any concerned citizen should after a close encounter with an unfit cop. If there's abuse of power in this story, it lies on the side of bureaucrats and unions protecting officers whose behavior makes them a danger to the public.
____

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Partisan hacks!
It's a shame that they don't administer an IQ test before allowing people to vote. Too many people jumping for the bait on both sides of the aisle and too few employing their grey matter in an attempt to see the forst for the trees. SCARY!

She's under investigation because she's pissed on the good ole boy network by routing out corruption IN HER OWN PARTY! She's made enemies and is paying a political price for it. I seriously doubt there's anything more to it. I'm no McCain fan but I'm pretty sure that even HE isn't stupid enough to pick a VP candidate with that type of skelton in her closet.

Instead of playing die-hard party faithful, why not open your eyes and employ your brains for a second before engaging the keyboard. The reality is that whoever wins in November - the Dems or Repubs - the AMERICAN CITIZENS LOSE!!! There will be no "Change". There will be no "Unification". There will be no "Turning Point" for America. There will only be 4 more years of the Corporations and the Israeli lobby AIPAC running the show. WAKE UP, PEOPLE! This crap is only here to distract you and, sadly, it is working.

Baaaaaaah, baaaaaaaah, baaaaaah... like sheep to slaughter!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

I have, but some people will just refuse to listen to reason. Maybe you would like to give it a try, by sitting down with the voters who would rather vote because of racial reasons and see how far you get.

Also, I take orders from no-one ok...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Exactly correct.

Sarah Palin has really pissed off some powerful people. Specifically the list includes our former Republican US Senator (and also former Governor; a sitting (and soon to be former) Republican US Senator also known as the King of Pork and presently under Federal Indictment for bribery; a sitting (and soon to be former) Republican US Congressman; a very worried and sitting Republican US Senator (the daughter and appointee of the former governor); two major oil companies (one a foreign oil company) and all members of the "Corrupt Bastards Club" who were so far beyond the pale that they had baseball caps made with a CBC emblem.

This group of enemies also includes various people around the state whose personal wealth has been enriched at public expense by earmarks and government funded grants.

Sarah Palin is one tough and gutsy lady. That's why 80% of Alaskans like her.

She resigned from the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission in protest of what was going on. Ran for and won the Governor's office. Put the pipeline out for bid, despite resistance from the oil companies, and established a contract with a Canadian pipeline company. The two major oil companies arrogantly did not even bid, thinking they already had slathered enough gifts around to have the deal sewn up.

The smears towards Palin come, in part, from her own party.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Some breaking news on this:

"It's apparent to us that the governor or someone on her staff had direct access to his personnel file, as well as his workers' comp file, and those are protected," said John Cyr, executive director of the Alaska Public Safety Employees Association.

cnn

"The individual inquiries taken by themselves are one thing. Many of these inquiries were completely appropriate; however, the serial nature of the contacts understandably could be perceived as some kind of pressure, presumably at my direction," she said.

But in papers requesting the probe be transferred to the personnel board, Palin's lawyer called Wooten a "rogue trooper" who threatened the governor's family during a bitter divorce and custody battle. Thomas Van Flein, the governor's attorney, said it was appropriate to complain to the head of the department about a trooper the Palins believed posed a threat to their security.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join