It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's pick is.....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Really? Just pick a skirt to sway women? How shallow. The first thing I did when I heard her name was check her record on the issues that matter to me. So far she holds up better than McCain on what's important to me. She holds up better than any of his other picks did. I was voting for Barr until she got on board.

People can't be so stupid. Some women will be put off because she won a beauty pageant? Old white men will be put off because she's a woman? By virtue of her genitalia she will magically take Clintons votes?

I know there are some pretty shallow and stupid people who would actually be swayed by such petty things but those people are much more likely to stay home and watch American Idol while drinking beer than they are to go out and vote. At least I hope they will be.

But then, if I had a nickel for every person I've heard claim allegiance to Obama simply because he's half-non-white I'd have a heavy pair of pants.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

i think its been fact that the average voter is swayed but such trivial things... sad. but true.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Palin is about to make history. Obama let it slip through his fingers by not naming Hillary as VP.

And now we know why McCain was ultra tight-lipped about his pick. He wanted Hillary on the sideline before he brought Palin to the center stage. Palin didn't even leave Alaska until Thursday after Hillary bowed out gracefully. Obama's decision to not share the lime-light with Hillary could turn out to be the single biggest mistake in his life.

EDIT: I don't know if it's the fact that she's a woman. It's more about her being different from the usual.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by dbates]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by jamie83
Palin is about to make history. Obama let it slip through his fingers by not naming Hillary as VP.

And now we know why McCain was ultra tight-lipped about his pick. He wanted Hillary on the sideline before he brought Palin to the center stage. Palin didn't even leave Alaska until Thursday after Hillary bowed out gracefully. Obama's decision to not share the lime-light with Hillary could turn out to be the single biggest mistake in his life.

dbates..

true..
thats all i got.
obamas ego could be the downfall. and it makes me mad.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

another thing i thought about is , what happens if biden gets the al gore problem with debating.

gore won his debates, but came across as so condescending and crass, that some thought bush won..

could this happen with biden v palin?

Another thought...

Would Obama make hillary Sec. of state to try and counter this

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

You might be right....

But then again - if you consider the fact that Bill & Hillary both publicly urged their own supports to vote for Obama...then you also might be wrong...

Did they mean it with sincerity?
Who knows.

The GOP certainly has a lot of thinking to do with their convention.

They have mighty big shoes to fill....and with "guest appearances" by President Bush - i don't see how they expect to cater to the "fence runners" in this election.

The only people i know that support Bush are the die hards

The die hards already support mccain

so whats the point?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Foxnews has confirmed it. Sara Palin is the VP pick

Actually It was confirmed much earlier at 758am here:
Alaska Governor Sarah Palin Will Be McCain's VP Choice: Announced at 758am here on ATS

Announced here on ATS before the msm. Isnt ATS great!

[edit on (8/29/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Agreed.

And if they let George W. Bush within 100 miles of the RNC next week it will be suicide for Mccain.

The last person that you want speaking on your behalf is the most hated character in the free world. It would be a big mistake.

[edit on 8/29/08 by BlackOps719]

link   

good choice

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by onewordjoe

Thank you, knew I should ran against Obama in the primary.

Id never of let my rivalry get in the way of what I knew would be the dreamteam ticket.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Cmon all, you are getting silly. You posted rumor and what you thought would happen, you then edited AFTER the fact. Dont worry, join the debate fun here, why the constant need to link your thread? You little thread lover you.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

Foxnews has confirmed it. Sara Palin is the VP pick

Actually It was confirmed much earlier at 758am here:
Alaska Governor Sarah Palin Will Be McCain's VP Choice: Announced at 758am here on ATS

Announced here on ATS before the msm. Isnt ATS great!

[edit on (8/29/08) by AllSeeingI]

Good call man....I saw this in your other thread.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by onewordjoe

good choice

Talk about living up to your ats name. lol

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Hey, if we have any women on here. I would like to hear a comment from a women and her position on a women VP, would other women vote for McCain just because he choose a women VP? No offense, but I am curious if they would.

I won't vote for John McCain just because he picked a woman. As much as I would love to see a women prez and even a vp, I can't vote for someone based solely on their sex. I think that any woman that would and complains about sexism would be a pretty big hypocrite. Same goes with voting for (or against) Obama just because he is black.

I said in an earlier post in this thread that I like Palin, but I did leave out the fact that I also am weary of the fact that picking a vp is just like picking a prez should something happen to John McCain. I'm definitely not comfortable with the fact that she could possibly be the president. She is definitely not qualified.

I really think people need to consider that fact that this woman could very well become president should something happen to McCain (he is pretty dang old and at the cut off age for life expectancy). If they want to vote for McCain they need to also be aware of the fact that they are technically voting for Palin for president too and decide if that is something they are comfortable with.

This goes for every election. I'm not just saying this because McCain is old.

And it of course is directed at the undecideds. If you can't make up your mind about Obama or McCain maybe you should consider whether you want Biden or Palin to become president.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

If it were biden v palin for pres biden would win by 20 points.

Another thing, I just noticed, I really dont like her voice and that speech she gave was average at best.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

I can't help but like the girl. But I can't stand McCain. (and I'm going to have to admit that Obama's speech last night really did sway me to his side *sigh* i can't figure out if I'm being duped or if he really did state his case sufficiently)

It's confusing isn't it? And then (if you're like me) you read all the news and then wonder where each source's bias is and can you really trust what's reported and then can you really trust anyone between what they say while campaigning and believe they'll carry it out once in office, or will they do a 180? Bleayah. Makes my head ache.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Umm, you are forgetting the Palin is already Gov of Alaska, chances are very slim that she is going to freeze up. At this point in time, the game is now hers to win or lose. If she performs well, Obama and camp are sunk, so all they can hope is that she fails. You will soon find out if she has what it takes or not. This is not a good position for the Obama camp to be in.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

another thing i thought about is , what happens if biden gets the al gore problem with debating.

gore won his debates, but came across as so condescending and crass, that some thought bush won..

could this happen with biden v palin?

The debates are going to be incredible to watch and I bet there will be record viewing numbers. I do think that Biden will need to be cautious with the debates to avoid doing exactly what you said.

Regardless, we are in for a wild ride until November.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
By the way, this totally destroys the whole Obama pitch that McCain is just like GW. Obama is going to have to change his whole strategy.

Sorry for the one liner.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join