It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's pick is.....

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

What you're experiencing right now - is what the obama supporters in this forum have been experiencing since its creation.

I don't condone the ignorance that this user is using to portray his dislike for McCains VP pick - but all i have to say is - now you know how frustrating it is to deal with ignorant children who have no idea what they're talking about.

[edit on 8/29/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

And when we look into this more we can see that this officer was a man who had threatened the life of his wife's father, tazed his wife's son, and several other serious violations. After all this, the union not only saved his job, but got his punishment reduced.

If anything that "scandal" you keep references is going to bring people to her side, not push them away.

link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

Governor Palin is currently under investigation by an independent investigator hired by a legislative panel to determine if she abused her power when firing Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan

source

That is her main weakness right now. She has been cleaning up the Good Ole Boy government here and made lot's of enemies. We honestly don't know if this true or payback. When she started throwing out the trash she obviously made enemies.

I'm not a Republican (or Democrat
) and did not vote for her but she is different. So far I'm impressed.

She squeezes every penny out of ever dollar and that upset some people who were wasting money. She took complete control the second she took office and that impressed me.

She is qualified and may be too honest for the Beltway. I'm wondering how Republican leaders will react. They may be unhappy as this is a woman who will blow whistles all day long. If they are doing anything crooked she will yell it from the rooftops. Could be bad for some Republicans if McCain wins.

This will be fun to watch.

link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Mod - this is not an attack it is a fact. I follow every nuance of Alaskan politics and this rumor DOES NOT EXIST and it would sadden me if ATS were used to spread a fabricated rumor of such a sick nature. Whoever originated this should be outed and embarrassed publicly.

Who

Shoes on the other foot...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
This is so transparent it's embarassing. Biden will eat her alive in the VP debates. McCain has just thrown his experience argument in the trash.

There is a fundamental differnce between the ideas of the two.

Palin is for self determination, less government, as an ideal of the sanctity of life. " Pull Yourself up by your bootstraps".

Biden is for government assistance, more programs to help more people, and pro choice. " I am my brothers keeper."

He will not outdo her at he debate, she will trump him because of her executive experence. A governor makes a hundreds more decisions in one day than a legislator makes in a year. A governor has to have a sharp defined set of ideals. A legislator is successful through consensus building. Ergo the governor will be a quicker and better tempered debator. I think you will be very surprised at how powerful this woman is.

The debate will not have a winner anyway...it will only be a forum to differentiate the differences of the ideals. A pro gun person will not favor Biden and a Pro choice person will not favor Palin. No matter how good the debator.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

You are correct. That is what is happening here. She may have bent a rule, but that officer is a bad man. I won't go into his boss as I have to live here.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I would have to agree with you. I dont see the thing with the brother in law being an issue. In fact I also think most people would not fault her even if it was true.

If that is the only dirt that can be shown on her then she is going to be ok.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

its funny - if a conservative breaks a rule - you call it bending a rule and you condone it because it was a "necessary evil"

If a democrat breaks a rule - you grab the pitch forks and torches and scream for prosecution..

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You want real Change? Well here it is! How about the first female Vice President. She's young, She's bright, she's beautiful, she's tough as nails, she has executive experience, she's got a son in the military, and to top it all off she's also pro life and pro 2nd amendment! What more can you ask for?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

And when we look into this more we can see that this officer was a man who had threatened the life of his wife's father, tazed his wife's son, and several other serious violations. After all this, the union not only saved his job, but got his punishment reduced.

If anything that "scandal" you keep references is going to bring people to her side, not push them away.

CNN said the same think this morning. ( I think it was cnn, might have been another msn). They said the investigation will prove she id actually a hero for calling attention to a out of line and dangerous state trooper.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

What you're experiencing right now - is what the obama supporters in this forum have been experiencing since its creation.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. The Democrats were just trumped because the Queen of Hearts trumps both the Jack of Clubs.

Perhaps Hillary Clinton would be more appealing to Obama when hindsight is 20/20. But alas, all he could muster was to give her the finger.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

its funny - if a conservative breaks a rule - you call it bending a rule and you condone it because it was a "necessary evil"

If a democrat breaks a rule - you grab the pitch forks and torches and scream for prosecution..

Boy did you pick the wrong person. I'm neither a Republican or a Democrat. I just happen to know all the facts on this one. I actually know the people involved.

There is a huge difference here in that all she did was get rid of a very bad cop. I thought ATSers hated bad cops. Why are you defending a bad cop is a better question?

One more time for effect - I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN - I DID NOT VOTE FOR HER - I AM JUST TELLING THE TRUTH. I know the truth is rare around this joint so I understand the confusion.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

she is more of a hard liner conservative and McCain is more of a liberal republican in my opinion. She also is more probable to live longer and fits my political views better than Mr. McCain. ( I don't like Obama because his eyes are too close togeather.)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

it pretty much is a ploy to get the disinfranchised Hillary supporters not that it matters this election is predetermined.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Mod - this is not an attack it is a fact. I follow every nuance of Alaskan politics and this rumor DOES NOT EXIST and it would sadden me if ATS were used to spread a fabricated rumor of such a sick nature. Whoever originated this should be outed and embarrassed publicly.

Who

Shoes on the other foot...

That makes no sense? I was commenting on someone trying to start a false rumor. Ask the other person where they got that sick story. I think they invented it out of thin air or were spreading it for some radical organization.

So after you read my post again and what it was in response too, what do you mean by - who?

Spreading a fake rumor that is so vile I won't repeat it here again should be unwelcome at ATS. Do you know the source of that rumor?

You must of misread somehow.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
on another note, msnbc reports she was known as sarah baracuda on her highschool basketball team

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3

Hey, if we have any women on here. I would like to hear a comment from a women and her position on a women VP, would other women vote for McCain just because he choose a women VP? No offense, but I am curious if they would.

That's ridiculous, but sadly, some probably will. I don't agree with McCain and just because he chose a woman for VP, doesn't change my stance on who I am voting for in this election. Not one bit!! Several people say that she'll pick up all of Hillary's supporters and if that does become the case, then I think it's complete ignorance and that people really are voting on gender because they want to see a woman in office. I know that Clinton and Palin aren't on the same page on certain issues and there's just so much that I don't know where Palin stands. I'm of the people who are not in it for "girl power" or to see Obama make history as the first Black president...I'm looking at who can clean up all of Bush's mess the best and turn this country around. In my opinion, Obama would now be the best candidate for change and it's not about race or gender for me. Palin does not get this female's vote!!! Many people said they didn't know too much about or trust Obama....the same can be said for Palin and I certainly do not trust that if something, God forbid, were to happen to McCain, that she could step in as President. I'm really trying to look up all that she is about here so I can see where she stands vs. McCain, Obama, Hillary, Biden.....this is what I get....
Palin on the issues

Not ready to jump on her bandwagon! And as for the glass ceiling bit she pulled....pshhh...not falling for it!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yes, who is she? Well who the hell is Obama? Lets see, unknown candidate for VP or unknown candidate for POTUS? At least Palin has a level head and isn't a racist commie! I am so ashamed of this country for indulging Obama, the same exact man but with white skin wouldn't of been nothing more than a speed bump for the Edwards or Hillary. You people that support this mockery of our political system make me sick.

Obama had a chance to seal his nomination by picking Hillary as his VP. Instead, McCain has sealed his own nomination by doing what should of been done long ago. There are more women in the U.S. than men, bout time they were shown some respect. I swear, the dems really messed this one up.

This is an easy choice anyway, WHO THE HELL IS OBAMA? Biden should be on the ticked for pres and Obama should be applying for treasury or something. You people are wacked.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Hahahahahaha........any indication as to why?

You usually have to earn a nick name like Barricuda

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
She sounds nice. But it isn't enough to win this conservatives vote. Because even if she is the VP, we still have McCain as the nominee. And McCain isn't a conservative.

I think I might actually vote for Obama now. I don't want the republicans to win, because if McCain does win it will be another 8 years before we have any chance of getting an actual conservative president, and if McCain loses then we can get another chance in 4 years.

But to be honest, there is pretty much nothing McCain can do to win my vote. Don't really want to vote for Obama, but I sure don't want to give the impression it's ok for them to throw a neo-con in there.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join