It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's pick is.....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Other than being a female and 30 years younger, I just dont see what she brings to the table that mccain doesnt already have.

The lack of sound economic policy between the two has me troubled a bit. She is far too conservative and far too polarizing in her positions on abortion and other issues to draw any potential Hillary leftovers.

I just wonder what the logic was behind the decision. Im not saying it was a horrible pick exactly, just wondering what brought the decision about.

link   

Originally posted by Yetichi
it is interesting that the only family photos that show up on a google search never include her mongoloid child.

While you're at it, make sure and laugh at McCain because he can't raise his arms above shoulder height due to years of toture as a P.O.W.

When all logical arguements fail, the crippled and handicapped are easy targets right? If only there were some sort of logical political context to go along with the insensitive comments.

Here you go.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by dbates]

link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Originally posted by jamie83
No, the Dems lost the election when Obama picked Biden instead of Hillary. He had the chance to create an unbeatable ticket in terms of demographics. He screwed up his first major decision.

Yes, however, McCain just handed it back to him with the most Alzheimer's-tainted decision ever. Actually, a life long crack addiction would be a better excuse for his pick. Biden is going to take her lunch money, and stuff her into a locker. McCain brought a knife to a gunfight, chihuahua vs. pitbull, one could go on and on.

You've obviously have never met the women from Alaska. This woman has fought the good ol boy system in a state that is run by roughnecks and has become their governor. She's the only one on both tickets that has executive experience and has reformed the state government. She's feisty and strong willed, not to mention she's a gun packing hottie. This will definitely shake this race up quite a bit. Also very laughable it knocked Omama's speech right off the tv.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
this thread is going south, fast. lets clean it up a bit. any woman who chooses to raise a child, should be commended. Double that when, tragically the child has down syndrome.

doesn't take away from her love of her kid. And it shouldn't be used politically, for or against.

Star. Thank you.

(one liner, sorry)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Cmon, lets try not to flame. I do understand though this is politics though. I think it would be almost better if she has a child with Down Syndrome. It would benefit parents with children with disabilities.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

If one single comment ever was worthy of a ban then that one was probably it.

Makes you wonder what kind of people frequent these boards

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlNextDoor

with that said, it is being reported that she is under investigation for impeachment for abuse of office...

this could swing back for dems.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05
Doesn't Downs syndrome usually come from inbreeding?

She must have a close nit family!

I want this guy off this thread.. dbate, you may be repub and against everything i am for, but we can both agree this poster is nothing but a troll and should be dealt with.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

Guys, lets try and back up strong worded comments with facts and sources. Please?

link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Use the ignore .. You dont get to chose . I asked a question . If you cant answer and stay on topic . You can leave!

link   
Oh what an awakening!!!

I just love the pick. The MAVERICK does not need anyone who knows too much- brilliant strategy.

This is definatly the downfall of the Republicans for the next eight years....

Unless of course, i add whats really on my mind, and that is that this is all pure show and there will not be any elections and this is only a side show.

yep, he's feeble. Its official.

The Feeble and the Unexperienced- Sounds like a good book title!!!!
You go McCain right to the nursing home

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Use the ignore .. You dont get to chose . I asked a question . If you cant answer and stay on topic . You can leave!

Stay on topic on my own thread.. i love it.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by GirlNextDoor

with that said, it is being reported that she is under investigation for impeachment for abuse of office...

this could swing back for dems.

No, this is just a sign of how desperate the Dems are right now. Obama's ship is sinking fast. Do you really think everything about her life wasn't examined under a microscope?

The issue you're referring to deals with accusations somebody on her staff pressured somebody to fire her brother-in-law, who was involved in a divorce case. This is the best the Dems can come up with.

Meanwhile, you might want to research the LA Times story on lobbyists relation to Joe Biden, and the possibly shady deals that went on.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

She reminds me of Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman. Not a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Oh what an awakening!!!

I just love the pick. The MAVERICK does not need anyone who knows too much- brilliant strategy.

This is definatly the downfall of the Republicans for the next eight years....

Unless of course, i add whats really on my mind, and that is that this is all pure show and there will not be any elections and this is only a side show.

yep, he's feeble. Its official.

The Feeble and the Unexperienced- Sounds like a good book title!!!!
You go McCain right to the nursing home

whew, how do you really feel? lol. this may be for another thread, but do tell why this election is a charade... nwo rules all?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

This one got me laughing. Guys, let try not to be too serious. I don't want to act like every ones mother. But I will if needed
Lets try to keep the noise level down.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Doesn't Downs syndrome usually come from inbreeding?

She must have a close nit family

BTW do any of her kids even play hockey?!

[edit on 29-8-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

Welcome to my Ignore list.

McCains pick was a "yes man" or woman - and thats all it is.

Comments like yours lets me know that you, yourself are hiding some very dirty skeletons in your closet.

We all have things that society would deem Taboo.

As dbates points out - when in doubt, pick on the weak, helpless, and disabled. Makes you feel like a bigger man, doesn't it?

When you speak like that in a room full of intelligent, free-willed thinkers, don't expect a single person to side with you.

And don't expect to win any friends.

Her child has nothing to do with her ability to govern.
Just like McCains age - its a moot point. A desperate conjuring made fro whatever purpose exists in your 'brain'.

Its no different than anti-obama people bashing Barack because he smokes, or because he didnt live the life of Mother Theresa or Jesus Christ himself.

Empty arguments from a person w/ no opinion.

Is it possible to talk about what the woman actually stands for? Ya know...her politics ?????

or am i going to have to go post another thread in the board information forum begging for extended amounts of people you can put on ignore?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Clearly, McCain cannot hold a candle to the DNC, and is grasping at straws to come up with a strategy to pull women who would have voted for Hillary.

WONT WORK.

There is absolutely NO comparison between his choice and the great Hillary with many years in politics, and almost 20 m votes.

Nice try.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join