It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin Will Be McCain's VP Choice: Announced at 758am here on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

McCain Drops Romney and Pawlenty. Alaska Gov Palin Will Be His VP Choice

elections.foxnews.com

Republican presidential candidate John McCain decided on a running mate early Thursday.

Speculation about who John McCain would name as his running mate focused on Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin after reports circulated early Friday that two short-listers — Mitt Romney and Tim Pawlenty — were out out of the running.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.carefulthought.com
www.zimbio.com
mccainpalin2008.blogspot.com

[edit on (8/29/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
McCain will announce his VP pick in 4 hours at noon. He as also announced that the assumed top two runners Romney and Pawlenty are out.

That given, I believe AK Gov. Sarah Palin will be his VP choice.
It is a brilliant political move. McCain waited to see if Obama would select Clinton as a running mate. Because he did not, McCain will select Sarah Palin, a female Gov. to draw the embittered and disenchanted Clinton supporters to a ticket with a female candidate.

You heard it here first! Sarah Palin is McCains VP pick.

elections.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
"Gov. Tim Pawlenty told WCCO radio this morning that he is going to the State Fair and not to Dayton, Ohio, where Republican Sen. John McCain is to announce his choice for vice president at 11 a.m.

“I plan to be at the State Fair,” he said. “You can draw your conclusions from that.”

CNN is reporting that a plane left from Anchorage, AK., carrying Gov. Sarah Palin landed in Dayton last night leading to speculation that she is the pick."

RawStory: Pawlenty, Romney won't be McCain's running mate

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I hope your right, if so that will be one hell of smart move. A young prominent conservative female, would certainly be beneficial!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Its not really much of a guess is it?

1. Shes going to be the only one there in Ohio when the decision is due to be made.

2. Shes flying all the way in from Alaska with her family (stakeouts confirmed this).

Its gotta be Palin. Im surprised and quite happy about that decision really... she's very electable in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Says on european tv he picked her.

line 2

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Finally... a hot chick to vote for.

Good job!!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
If McCain campaign strategist even remotely think that disaffected
Clinton voters will now vote for a McCain/Palin ticket, just because she is a woman; they are as senile
and demented as McCain is.

Sarah does seem like a nice person though.
en.wikipedia.org...

However if the conservative Romney supporters bail on McCain; this will
prove to be a stupid move.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Looking up the history of this Sarah Palin chick... and she is a chick, not a politician; the only experience she seems to have is walking down aisles in beauty pageants.

... and how hard is it to run Alaska? There's nobody there.

Her opinions are what disturb me. Her ideas on what a government is and how it should be run sound completely fascist to me.

Come on Obama, we can't afford to have this fascist temptress in office.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Already being discussed here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't worry, I am still wondering how he beat me too it.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Mccain just buried himself with this pick. Odd sare no greater than 50-50 that his health will hold during a whole term. Palin cannot handle the presidency and thus McCain will lose millions more voters.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

His pick just gained him me.

Id be pretty happy if he croaked right after being sworn in and she took over right away.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
Already being discussed here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't worry, I am still wondering how he beat me too it.

Actually THIS THREAD was the 1st to break this news. The story broke here at 758am... That other thread was not created until an hour and a half later.

This is the original and official Palin is McCains VP thread.
You heard it here first.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Its alot harder than you would think. She has really turned the state around. Tossing out special interests, including horrible contracts for oil companies. Widely popular among all parties and not a common politician. She is no nonsense and a great leader. It will be a shame to lose her to Washington, but our nation as a whole will be very much improved by her presence as VP.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
RAWSTORY: Palin currently being investigated for abuse of office

""More recently, she has come under the scrutiny of an investigation by the Republican-controlled legislature into the possibility that she ordered the dismissal of Alaska's public safety commissioner because he would not fire her former brother-in-law as a state trooper."

The commissioner, Walt Monegan, was fired on July 11, because Palin "wanted to take the department in a new direction," according to Bloomberg. "Monegan than alleged that he had been pressured to fire state trooper Mike Wooten, who was married to Palin's sister and was involved in a contentious divorce, according to the Anchorage Daily News."

The Bloomberg story continues, "Palin has denied any wrongdoing. The state Legislature voted on July 28 to hire an independent investigator to probe whether Palin, her family or members of her administration had pressured Monegan to fire Wooten, according to the Daily News."

"Palin hasn't been implicated in the four-year-old federal corruption investigation, which has resulted in convictions of or guilty pleas from three state legislators, Murkowski's former chief of staff and two executives of an oil-services company, as well as the indictment of Senator Ted Stevens," Bloomberg's report concludes.

Last month a Democratic official told the Wall Street Journal that Palin was facing possible impeachment.

"This is a governor who was almost impervious to error," Hollis French, a Democratic state senator told the Journal. "Now she could face impeachment, in a worst-case scenario."

DEVELOPING.... "

Talk about a tripping right out of the starting gate!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I have to say this seems to be a very good choice by McCain. I don't imagine a lot of Hillary supporters will switch to McCain JUST because of Palin, but a few might. I also don't see Romney supporters abandoning McCain because he didn't choose him as VP. I would have much preferred to have Romney at the top of the ticket but I will take McCain over Obambi any day.

McCain has been making a lot of pretty smart moves lately. I think he could add to that string by announcing Romney has joined his team as an Economic Adviser. Even if you don't like Romney it's hard to dispute that he is good with the money side of things.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Since Sarah graduated from the same high school as my daughter, I'm just as surprised that McCain picked her for his vice president.

GEEZ its as if this election is being based upon the racial gender wars.
Holy smokes, if she is out of Alaska Congress will end up being manipulated by
the oil industry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join