It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama amazing tonight at the DNC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Anyone watching this?

He has hit so many chords that we Americans needed to hear. I especially loved the quotes:

"We are the party of Roosevelt, we are the party of Kennedy. So don't tell me the democrats won't defend this country. Don't tell me the democrats won't keep us safe."

"You don't defeat a terrorist network that operates in 80 countries by occupying Iraq".

"You can't truly stand up for Georgia when you have strained America's oldest alliances".

That's just a few of many amazing quotes from Obama. Hopefully this speech will reawaken people to the fact that voting for a black man isn't the end of America, and that a vote for McCain is a vote to continue the current Administration and its policies.

"One of the things we need to change in politics is that we cannot disagree without challenging each other's character and each others patriotism. The times are too serious, the stakes are too high for this same partisan play book. So let us agree that patriotism has no party, I love this country and so do you and so does John McCain. The men and women who served in our battlefields may be democrats and republicans and independents. But they have fought together and bled together, and some died together under the same proud flag. They have not served a red America or a blue America. They have served the United States of America."

-Obama

Thank you for putting it so eloquently for me.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Killed it? I thought he killed something. I've never heard that term used to describe a political race before.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ElGatoLoco698

...apologies. Didn't realize that slang would cause an issue.

"Obama did very well tonight at the DNC"

Better?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by ElGatoLoco698

...apologies. Didn't realize that slang would cause an issue.

"Obama did very well tonight at the DNC"

Better?

I concur!

"Eight is enough!!"

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by shellyhk

I definitely enjoyed the many comments about the current administrations failures.

I also noticed he addressed the nation as a whole. Sometimes, he would even break it down as "Democrats, Republicans, and Independents", just to let everyone know they were included in his plans.

Just a nod to diplomacy - something is country is lacking and in desperate need of right now.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

See, I thought it was empty and false, like he should write horoscopes...a barking dog hoping to trade Kool-Aid for IAMS...I get a lot better rush from Tom Cruise on Scientology, even...ah well, to each his own...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

It's what you want to hear, but no even close to the truth! He loves this country so much than why not salute our flag, where a flag lapel, or hold his hand on his heart for the Pledge of Allegiance; and why take the American Flag off his plane before heading to the Middle East for that parade of propaganda he pulled on the weak bleeding-heart liberals? Even Obama new mate Biden stated he was not fit for the job, but I guess now that Obama picked Biden, he somehow became fit... all like magical and what not. When Obama made it clear that the US was the cause of everything that is wrong in the world, he got a lot of people to join his disrespect America campain; and it's people just like Obama that will get us all killed. When Rome ruled Egypt, look what the Arabs did 2000 years ago... and they're still animals today; and definately not people who should be left alone to conquer America. Much like the fall of Rome when the king got all liberal like Obama, he let his guard down and lost a society. You can't stop war on this planet because it's filled with animals and I'll use Russia as a great example right now why we must police the world... Obama does not want to police the world and that will be the fall of America. And remember this, we were attacked 8 times while Clinton was in office, including the World Trade Center, the USS Cole, and our embassy in Africa. Clinton was a Democrat that never bothered these people right? They don't care if we are Democrats or Republicans, we are westerners to them and they'll stop at nothing to destroy our way of life. Obama has two years in the senate and McCain has over 30... who's more quailified? Obama doesn't know what it meens to fight for this country as McCain is a Navy Captain, hero, and Prisoner of War... Obama was using drugs while this was happening as is stated in his book. Wake up America. Finally, has anyone heard Al Gore talking about China's pollution with three new coal plants going on line a week? No, he's too busy bashing America like Obama to notice. And I guess it is difficult to hit all 57 states like Obama suggests... WAKE UP SLEEPING PEOPLE!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

I need an example.

How was it "empty and false"? Did you want him to break out charts and graphs like Ross Perot (and by doing so lose any and all interest the country has in him)?

Guess I just need some clarification, please.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Forgot to ad this... gag me with a bent ladel... and goodnight on this Obama clown. And after he loses this election, it's not like he won't get a job anywhere... especially after hearing that Ringling Brothers Circus was looking for a clown

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LunarLooney1

Really? You're going to lead your post by complaining about the lapel. Not a strong starting point.

And perhaps he took the flag off of the plane in the hopes of some form of diplomacy. You see, we've been running around the world telling everyone you are with us or against us for 8 years... and that kind of pissed the world off.

Maybe, just maybe, he was trying to display a different type of US government official.

And you call it a "disrespect America" campaign. Why? Is it not the very basis of our Constitution and foundation for this great country to question the actions of our government?

All you have done is regurgitated propaganda and yellow journalism that you've picked up watching Fox News. Not once in that entire mud slinging post did you mention any form of policy.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I need an example.

How was it "empty and false"? Did you want him to break out charts and graphs like Ross Perot (and by doing so lose any and all interest the country has in him)?

Guess I just need some clarification, please.

Maybe I'm a little quick...Would you agree with the old Buzzcocks song that says "...because promises...are made for lies" ?
But I don't have perfect future knowledge...but it's all promises now, excuses later, and a good time had by all...I don't wish to detract from inspiration...Let me know how it works out for you...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LunarLooney1
Forgot to ad this... gag me with a bent ladel... and goodnight on this Obama clown. And after he loses this election, it's not like he won't get a job anywhere... especially after hearing that Ringling Brothers Circus was looking for a clown

Not even sure what any of that means. Look, you can go ahead and vote based off of politics that aren't even worth being reported about on the E! Channel if you want. Just don't think for one second I'm going to actually going to continue arguing with you about character assassination politics.

I've already made a thread comparing the attacks against Obama to McCain. McCain has the same pseudo-skeletons that Obama has... everyone can have their character attacked when thousands of bloggers and news agencies are willing to lie and deceive on a whim.

Here... read up:

Let's stop the yellow journalism

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Perhaps they are all just promises. It does seem that every politician runs on the policy of hope.

I guess just like the old South Park episode "Vote or Die" pointed out... you'll always have a choice between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich. But either way, you need to decide which one is better at the time.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I guess just like the old South Park episode "Vote or Die" pointed out... you'll always have a choice between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich. But either way, you need to decide which one is better at the time.

Except that more choices exist, and always have. Just because the media ignores them doesn't invalidate them.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

A different form of government? You mean a weaker one? When Chavez just asked for aliance with Russia against the US. Your answers are weak at best and extremely vague... not to mention you completely missed the point. Obama would not be where he is today if it was not for America and our military, and for that alone he should stand proud of our flag and not be ashamed to wear it. You say is it not fair for him to disagree... disagree with what? Change what? And you side-stepped all my questions about Obama and went right for the lapel pin... how sad and pathedic to cling to that, yet have no answers for my questions... go figure huh?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Say that again... Killed it??!

He was just getting started. I am watching the anaysis pour in. it was quoted as one of the most perfect political speeches of all time.

He didn't kill it, he put the democrats into high gear.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LunarLooney1

Again, I said I won't argue about mudslinging. If you have any actual political questions and problems, I'd be glad to discuss them.

I've heard 8 years of people accusing others of not being patriotic. In fact, it is so out of control that Obama actually directly referenced it in his speech tonight.

Again, I talk policy only. I don't dive into yellow journalism.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

That's what I meant by killed it. Perhaps I should change the title as my enthusiasm obviously isn't displayed over the internet.

But that is pretty much what I meant. The speech was eloquent. What an exact opposite of the current President, who can't get through a 3 minute prepared speech without stumbling.

It was truly amazing.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I agree with you. In fact, I did an analysis on how the MSM blatantly ignored candidates, and how the amount of coverage a candidate received directly affected the results in the primaries:

Media's Failure to Give Fair Coverage

Unfortunately, it did not get much attention.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
On July 4, 2008... reporters at John McCain's house were greeted with American Flags, lemonade and introduced to all the McCain family pets. On July 4, 2008... no one was home at the Obama house and there were no flags. Obama was out giving a speach about how we need to be careful how we celebrate the 4th... are you kidding me? Obama never had a pet and doesn't give any gifts to his daughters for holidays or birthdays; and I can go on by why bother with you guys when your minds' are so simple, misgiuded, and made-up without the facts This man is about as disconnected as one can be. Those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it... just like Obama!

[edit on 28-8-2008 by LunarLooney1]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join