It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two-headed baby boy Kiron dies at home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
They were there learning to drive; if they ever get involved in an accident, who do they prosecute - both of them???

This is strange, but what if one ended up with severe head injury, and the other didn't?

Because they're two separate people, they're going to suffer the usual psychological problems...

They said they have two hearts/lungs - who controls what? Is it one each?

Is it me, or did the girl on the right side seem the dominant...err...?

[edit on 28-8-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
They said they have two hearts/lungs - who controls what? Is it one each?

Is it me, or did the girl on the right side seem the dominant...err...?

[edit on 28-8-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

With the girls they each control half of the body, they have learned to coordinate with eachother so they can run and such.

The likelihood of one dying before the other is pretty slim. The cases of twins conjoined at the head (with completely separate bodies) is far worse because in all likelihood one will die first, and separation is often fatal when the brains are close together.

The original (as in world recognized) siamese twins, Eng and Chang, were just joined by a band of flesh at the waste, and they lived full lives (they made money in a sideshow and then went on to have full lives, different wives, many children, they even owned slaves in the south), but the doctors were afraid to separate them.

When one died the other died within a couple of days (blood poisoning or fright). Sad thing is after they were dead the doctors realized that they could have been easily separated, autopsy showed no shared organs, but the technology was not there to be sure at the time.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
little difference than in the states...

its still often 'your money or your life'

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I am glad he died, what sort of life would he have been able to lead? A lab rat? A freak show attraction? A project for some MD?

There are just things that are not meant to be...
I am glad for him!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
as an aside. There would be close to no chance of a male/female co-joined twin set due to this condition being a mutation of a separating, single egg. Fraternal twins are two separate eggs and thus allowing for male and female twin sets. so yeah, unless radiation or something along the unnatural lines happens to fuse the developing embryos.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
i just found out about this poor child, who knows how long the two headed kiron would have lived. But didnt he deserve to have to oppotunity to have had the correct medical care? Lack of money prevented this, I think thats a very sad thing. We're the heads both fully functional?
I couldnt find the original artical on this news story. I dont think that any one can make the judge of whether it was 'kinder' that kiron died. Only kiron would have been able to make that decision, eventually anyway. Its akin to gender re assignment shortly after birth. Why as humans do we continually make decisions as if we were some kind of god. Life was here long before we had evolved into the form we have today and will be long after we have become extinct or changed so completely from what we consider to be homosapians. You dont have to belong to a religion to understand that the world we live in, nature, life is far beyond our understanding of it.
All we can do is belong to nature to this planet, and live as much in co-operation with it all. Its so laughable to think that we are not primitive, just look at how destructive and completely poisonous we like to be all for the sakes of our wants.
You may say that i contradict myself by saying that kiron deserved to have opportunity to the best medical care, but that is still an extention of nature. We cannot stop a soul or life from departing a body if the body is far to damaged, or not fit enough to survive in this world. Blah...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
What if....one of the twins was a boy and one was a girl?

That's a whole other can of worms. I wonder if there has ever been a case of boy/girl in this situation?

I'm not sure, but I think that these conditions only happen to twins from one egg, wich are always, me thinks, the same sex.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: I see that was already answered, why did this thread appear again, last reply was months ago.

[edit on 23/12/08 by enigmania]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join