It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia long-range missile test a success

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

That's a myth, you can effectively repopulate in 10 or even less.

Not everywhere but fallout is particulate and it is always going to flow down to the lowest source... in a decade, particularly given a global nuclear winter in which everything freezes for a couple of years then rapidly melts as sunlight getting in but not out causes global warming...

you'll have major floods... and 99.9% of the debris and fallout will be washed downstream and to the oceans where it will accumulate at the bottom

like all dust

also you dealing with a half life... initially that fallouts radiation will be a couple of feet from a single particle... in leass than a month it will be a couple of inches, in las than a year .25 of a centimeter

in ten years it will be harmful only if ingested, long settled to the ground and washed out...in fact given a week for the freeze to start, 90% of it will be under ice that first month

after it melts and washes off a good geiger counter will show you whats left and you can hose it away from your property and be largely okay...

Cancer rates will be high but it's not like it deters people from living in Hiroshima a few years after the bomb

China will be able to settle it...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think 1000 US nukes and 1000 Russian nukes would cause a lot more damage then the nukes in WW2. Not sure if people in the countries surround the US or Russia would even survive and don't want to find out for sure regardless of what any simulation says. I hope people who think nuclear wars can be won are limited to the generals in movies like Dr. Strangelove.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
just plant fungi give it a few years...get rid of the fungi...all radiation gone...fungi is a good guy,has lots of uses...who wudda thunk it could get rid of radiation in polluted soil by sucking it all up....
There was actually a study where it showed this....but i cant find it for the life of me...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Fungi is ever present in soil. In fact, without fungi, soil would be quite barren as it is the thing that binds it all together. Some fungi can measure several sqaure Km is size!

But is this what you were on about?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
And the missile that can beat the defense system is a joke...

it's one of Many defense systems we have in place

Our first thing was screwing them over on the Missile reduction treaty, we droped the numbers of nukes from like 26,000 to around 10,000 BUT the ones we have we upgraded to include heavier warheads, smart guidance technology and bunker busting capacity

Most of our ICBMs are designed now to penetrate and actually are capable of destroying Russian Nukes in silo so they can't be launched

But meanwhile, the United States steadily improved its “counterforce” capabilities—those nuclear weapons most effective at targeting an enemy’s nuclear arsenal. Even as it reduced the number of weapons in its nuclear arsenal, the U.S. made its remaining weapons more lethal and accurate. The result today is a global nuclear imbalance unseen in 50 years.

Nukes

articles about China but the point is clear

#2 our first Missile defense is Hydrogen Warheads specifically designed to blow an EMP surge, Sub launched these Missiles would target the atmosphere high above Russia as their Missiles were sub orbital, the resulting emp would fry their circuts and make both the detonation timers and guidance systems fail

Russia did a few years back design and test shielded missiles but could have at best currently deployed 20-30 of them and it is those 20-30 misiles that the actual intercept systems are designed to target

this is why Russia Fears the missile shield, because it knows in a single volley it would loose 99% of it's missiles to this tactic

and if they just tested a missile that can evade a missile shield ... how many do they have deployed offering both those features atm... ZERO

By the late 1960s, a nuclear-tipped interceptor missile dubbed Sentinel had been developed. Sentinel was designed to destroy incoming warheads by detonating near them, and was intended for deployment around major cities to protect them against accidental launch of one or several Soviet missiles or against a limited strike by China. The system was never deployed, however, and in 1969 President Richard Nixon announced that Sentinel would be renamed Safeguard and reassigned to protecting "our land-based retaliatory forces [i.e., nuclear-tipped ICBMs based in the American Midwest] against a direct attack by the Soviet Union." At this time, however, the United States and Soviet Union were nearing agreement that ballistic-missile defense (BMD) is inherently destabilizing.

counter measures

This system was actually invented in the 60's but "not deployed" in forward fashion because of the ABM

as you all should know we have essentially discarded the ABM at this time

So 99% of Russian Nukes are Useless

Add to this we have deployed Haarp which can use microwaves to have the same effect, except that it is capable of working over a much greater range with far less colateral damge to friendly nations and us warships at sea from EMP blasts which have no limits, further Haarp technology can be and surely has been implemented from innocuous looking antennas hundreds of miles apart which can not be identified or targeted given numbers and mean distance from one another, there could be one on the building your living in now and you'd never know it is anything other than a cell phone antenna

Then for the handful of Missiles both shielded and capable of evasion, before hitting the continental US they will have to pass through, several layers of these as they approach our shores, Traditional combat jets launched as interceptors with air to air missiles, and:

Whatever we have in "testing" stateside that is available for use... which includes Lazer systems that are in working use (I have seen the new mexico tests light the sky as far away as san diego) and that was years ago

All Russia has is it's subs and we have ringed the heck out of both coasts with sonar and can tell when they approach and have a far superior Navy at this point and time... and coastal missile defense systems in place too

Russia has it's back up against the wall

"This is not 1969" was a very grave message, the Pentagon believes it can win an all out Nuclear confrontation with Russia with the loss of only a few cities at worst and they are for the MOMENT correct

The Poland shield is... for Europe we are already in position and Europe is partially shielded already via a haarp clone project in greenland

and I have said it before.

China is the other end of the US Axis, there are 30 Million plus Chinese migrants in Siberia already

China has blatantly stated it wants a return to it's territories of the Middle Kingdom

I heard not that long ago a chinese General asked "when you refer to China as the middle Kingdom Which Dynasty do you see that being the Sung?" and he smiled and responded in English " No Post Sung Dynasty "

Wish I had the video of that...

That was our deal, this is why we acknowledge a one china policy and let them handle Korea and are building 2 super highways to import tons of Chinese goods...

The Spy Plane that went down in China on April of 2001 was not an accident it was an offering by the Bush administration to the Dragon prior to 9-11

This is why China did not back Russia this week, this is why they put the sub base in the South Pacific, This is why we want a war with Iran... and don't care that we are overextended, this is why we have bases in Khazakstan and Uzbekistan and they have a base now in Iran, This is why we hit Afghanastan first, because it opens the door to the midle east to China and this is why all the oil we took is going to them not us, this is what Georgia is being wrecked for.

it's all forward deployment and softening the region up

For this:

[edit on 28-8-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

lol HAARP? you don't even have the slightest idea what thats really for.

I think you've been brainwashed by too many American movies (cough cough 'the core' cough)

[edit on 28-8-2008 by twisted_fate]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
making sense yet to anybody why China is making a stink against Islam in the far West?

and Why went into Afghanastan to secure it first?

and why we don't care if we over extend ourselves in terms of Man power?

Why we hold a One China policy?

Why their latest ships really look alot like Aegis cruisers?

Why we work on Nukes and they have a 7 post Nuclear weapons program,

What their Pacific fleet is going to intercept in the Pacific and why we don't fear Russian subs all that much?

Why the Australians are showing off our hardware to the Chinese and we don't blink,

Why China is reinforcing the Panama canal and has a huge base near the Gulf of Mexico? And we barely whine about it?

Why we don't block Chinese spying with any vigor?

Why they got the Olympics?

Why they backed our debt to fight this war?

Why the people war (or immigration enmass to Australia was halted but not into Siberia?)

Why most all the Oil we secure is being sold to China?

Why we interfere in georgia?

Why we stayed friends with the saudis and there guys helped us pull of 9-11?

Why the spy plane intercept was months before 9-11?

Look at the map again? Who does China Fear Islam in a culture where Chinese culture is meant to dominate all or us?

Where can they take territory for their massive population stuck in a one child policy in the USA or Asia?

How long will a one child policy last withour revolt?

What lands have they conquered before and see as theirs?

Where is all they Oil they need to prosper?

Not only do we have Nuke first strike and defensive capability we Have a 10 Ton Dragon in the Closet too...

and it's hungry

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

That is an interesting map you got there.

Just by looking at that map, it seems to me that Russia should start worrying more about the Chinese than our non-offensive missile shields in Poland.

Maybe the Russians should join NATO as well and be part of that shield.

Then again, why should NATO or the U.S. care?

That map does not include any major U.S. allies, only the more recent and questionable additions of Pakistan, Iraq, and Afghanistan. The Philippines, South Korea, Japan, and Saudi Arabia seem to be outside of the "middle kingdom".

The U.S. can practically sit back and watch as the Chinese rebuild their middle kingdom as they face millions of angry Muslims and Russians in the nastiest terrain on the planet.

But they need to stick Taiwan on that map so it can more closely resemble current ambitions instead of past accomplishments.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

Not only do we have Nuke first strike and defensive capability we Have a 10 Ton Dragon in the Closet too...

and it's hungry

Interestingly, we had that same dragon in the closet during the post-Vietnam part of the Cold War. Only it was a 5 ton dragon at that time.

It is amazing how history can repeat itself.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by twisted_fate

The Core? WTF... It can't see through the earth, justy deep enough. Do you know anything about the timers on a Nuclear warhead? Absolutely ridiculously sensitive, any idea what microwaves upped a drop can do to them?

Yeah they say it's for looking underground... and seeing nuke silos and enemy hardened bases is certainly another great use... amp them up a bit and what happens to electronic systems?

and btw, My pop did 20 years for BAE, you guys came up with the concept in the first place... Just so you know

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

That map isn't of the Chinese empire. It's of the Mongolian empire. You know, the guys they built the great wall to keep out.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
"Most of our ICBMs are designed now to penetrate and actually are capable of destroying Russian Nukes in silo so they can't be launched"

right...because the Russians wouldn't see the missiles incoming? =/

sorry, but American ICBMS wouldn't even make it half way to their targets befor Russia spot them and launch their own.

People like you put too much faith in America and it's technology, the whole "99% of Russian missiles useless" is complete trash.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
And even if... that's all it's for having bunker busting Nuclear warheads enmass and the ability to locate precisely every single silo in Russia and those same missiles having pinpoint accuracy really takes a whole lot away from the point of my post?

and you know... those EMP Hydrogen warheads couldn't do the job even if I'm wrong and Haarp can't be amped up to do the same thing virtually... Russia can get off a single large Volley before we nail every damn silo they have right on the head huh?

and of course all those Anteenas everywhere, giant in the middle of Butt F nowhere across the us are just for cell phones... huh? Someone would should tell sprint or at&t because I stand right near some of them and... I get no reception like my phoine is actually getting interfered with...

But yeah, the Neo cons must have lost their minds because those words "this isn't 1969" were just more trash talk huh

It wasn't a very specific analogy to a time when ABM limited things to MAD... naw it wasn't a direct statement about what i'm saying, they got nothing up their sleeve, 60 years since we developed the bomb and a Trillion going to a Black budget every 2 years or so...

Yeah they failed, it's all a big bluff... 20 years since Starwars was embarked on a dn the tech i'm mentioning was developed and working in the 60's

uhhuh... believe what you will, Pentagons filled with morons because you watch Americans on Springer and think that's who runs our Military... these guys are lost...clueless... Trillions spent and we got nuthin

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
FYI, the U.S. is aware of ANY and EVERY missile that is or will be launched (worldwide) a minimum of 2 hours ahead of time.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Chinese Philosophy changed to allowing the Mongollians to absorb them and by doing so absorbed the Mongollians

To this day this is how China has dealt with any incursion they couldn't handle, let them in and then absorb them

China is China, China is also Mongolian,

If you can't beat them make them Chinese

That's why Millions upon Millions of Chinese enter Russia via Siberia, The region is in a large part chinese and will one day be entirely so...if they never lift a finger to fight

Thats why China has 1.5 Billion People, it is a deep rooted part of the Chinese culture to absorb their enemies via Number

China had 100 Million people 1,000 years ago

Iran doesn't have 100 Million people today

China has not lifted a Finger through the last 8 years and China is getting all the oil they want at great prices.

They are by far the greatest culture singularly in the world and have never actually been so much as waivered by any influx, invasion or anything else

When the Khans sacked China

He became the Emperor of China, China never lost it's culture for a moment, the Mongols then proceeded to continue war elsewhere, dies off and the loot became Chinese

To Understand the way the Chinese think... is to understand they will be the big winner of all of this, or at least get a grasp on how they think

Their strategies simply are unrivaled, even now America does their bidding in a way

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

The Dragon was there on our side or vice versa in ww2

The Dragon summoned lil Kim via train for us 3 years ago and shut his ass down with one meeting by placing a 1/2 Million Chinese on his border for us

and we are the only western power that didn't take advantge of them in the past

They are good pals

Even in Korea we turned the situation around without a genuine war starting and g-d knows it should have and virtually did when we crossed into their territory

They have always remained level headed...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
and it's simple survival and expansion any way...they need to expand, they can't inade us by Land

Pick a side... choice is really easy when you think about it

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by impending_pyrrhic_victory
FYI, the U.S. is aware of ANY and EVERY missile that is or will be launched (worldwide) a minimum of 2 hours ahead of time.

link?

someone else who seems to have alot of faith in American technology =/

being able to be aware of ANY and EVERY missile to be launched would mean having hundreds of satilites pointed at every square meter of the planet....not possible.

Russia has nuclear submarines, able to sneak right up to American coasts and launch its missiles and get the hell out of there before America would even decect them.

like I keep saying, there seems to be a few people here who are either blinded by patriotism or American propaganda...they seem to think America are invinicible for some reason =/

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by twisted_fate

Seeing them coming and having the ability to stop them are two entirely different things...

They probably can take some of our warheads via the same methods but read what I posted...

A: all of our missiles, virtually ALL the ones we have have been upgraded for pinpoint targeting, theirs have not been,

B: Most of our Missiles can ground penatrate before detonating and get into the silos there's have not that capacity

C: It would take more than a decade IF they spent the kind of money we have been spending to do so and the technology doesn't mean they have the cash or the time

D: We are IN THEATER in the region and have cruise missiles on their borders or in the vicinity which can strike them even if they apply the same EMP philosophy as we have in place, it won't work nearly as well

and Our missiles have been upgraded and theirs have not been, they HAVE shielded missiles... but have replaced only a handful at best, Most of our missiles will sail right through an emp pulse...

and if I am wrong

Then WHY do they care about a missile shield in Poland that could knock out those 20-30 missiles?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Then WHY do they care about a missile shield in Poland that could knock out those 20-30 missiles?

You might as well say "the government have put up a fence around my home, but they've left me a tiny door so I can still get in and out"

you wouldn't stand for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join