It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't They Reveal Themselves!?!?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If aliens are all around us why wont they just reveal themselves to the people of the world??? I understand that they might not want to risk their safety and that humans might take it the wrong way. Why dont they just reveal themselves in the middle of rush hour or something in the middle of Times Square for a few minutes or even less then that????? I DONT UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC BEHIND NOT REVEALING YOURSELF WHEN THE PRACTICALLY THE WHOLE WORLD "KNOWS" OF YOUR EXISTENCE ANYWAYS!

Does anybody have any views on this matter?

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Maybe they would rather go unnoticed for the most part.
Maybe they don't want to cause a panic or disrupt our regular lives.
Maybe they have an alien version of the 'Prime Directive'
Maybe they're spies.
Maybe they really did enter into agreement with the governments of the world not to meddle in our affairs, save for the occasional abduction and anal probe...

There could be lots of different reasons.

DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I agree that if there are ET's observing us then there is probably a "do not meddle" clause they are sticking to.

One would logically think think that if the ETs have had past experience in making first contact, then they would have set guidelines. For example: contact the leaders first to see the reaction or be careful as to how a new population would react to their presence.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
If they want to go un-noticed then they are doing a terrible job.......people everywhere believe in their existence because of various sightings and such. And if they are advanced as some people say they are then how come they crash their aircraft some times and we take their crap. (Not proven.) Taking their technology would violate that prime directive and therefore they should go to great lengths to get this technology back.
lol good one bout the anal probes tho....wonder how the negotiations for that one went: You must not interfere with our evolution!!!! Alien: Fine.......but wut about the occasional probe into ur booty hole???

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
While aliens, if they exist, are technologically advanced, they would not be invincible, and they might be worried to some extent about being discovered. If they have something they're working on here, it would probably be better for them to do it in obscurity, so as not to be bothered.

Plus, no ones perfect, and everyone crashes their spacecraft once in a while, human or otherwise. Maybe they actually did try to recover their equipment from our government when they crashed. Maybe that is the main reason why initial contact was made with the government. "Hey there, uh, can we have our stuff back, cause like, you're not really ready for it, see..." Something like that.

I would really suggest reading all the material on the non-discussion site AboveTopSecret.com. This stuff is a really good primer, and probably raise more questions than it answers. But hey, that's what a conspiracy's all about, right?

Happy reading,
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Alien psychology or rules for engagement of other alien cultures is unknown to us so whatever the reason is, it must be good to them.

Though aliens may find it hard to find a spot to land and talk as our governments would likely come over and blow them up to shut them up.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
good point. i did not think bout it that way. Thank you for the different perspective.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tjololo
If aliens are all around us why wont they just reveal themselves to the people of the world??? I understand that they might not want to risk their safety and that humans might take it the wrong way. Why dont they just reveal themselves in the middle of rush hour or something in the middle of Times Square for a few minutes or even less then that????? I DONT UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC BEHIND NOT REVEALING YOURSELF WHEN THE PRACTICALLY THE WHOLE WORLD "KNOWS" OF YOUR EXISTENCE ANYWAYS!

Does anybody have any views on this matter?

Maybe they are here to suck our energy and use us for food, and this is done best when there is "deniability" of your existance on this planet. Sure we can surmise that they EXIST somewhere, but we cannot be sure if they're HERE or not, other than to follow clues and figure it out. However, this doesn't apply to the majority of the ignorant populace.

Maybe they're here, and have been here far longer than you think, and have the entire time been using humans as FOOD, as a source of energy... like we use our animals. Perhaps they are simply above us in the food chain, and it serves THEM to stay invisible, until a certain moment when they DO show up and openly control us - the timing must be precise, so that the food source (us) doesn't panic and destroy itself. It must be so well-coordinated that they seamlessly show up without causing much destruction, but feeding on the distress that they do cause. Maybe they want to maximise the potential energy that they will consume.

Another possibility, for another "type" of aliens, is that they cannot VIOLATE FREE WILL, and by showing up en-masse, they do JUST THAT.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think if aliens are watching us, then they are watching us like Jane Goodall watches her Chimps.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
I think if aliens are watching us, then they are watching us like Jane Goodall watches her Chimps.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by Facefirst]

Precisely. If a few squirrels in a forest get a clue about human existance, do humans show up and greet the squirrels? Not really, we eat the animals we need, and when we're done with the forest, we cut the whole thing down, or regrow it... like we do our crops. What makes people think this situation is any different, that we're somehow MORE than just a crop... maybe delusions of self-worth and that humans are "above" being food? Well keep telling yourself that...

Do you explain calculus to a monkey? Do you give televisions to bears as a gift of technology to less-advanced species? Why would people think that this situation is any different? Maybe they are so far "above" us in advancement, awareness, and knowledge, that this is akin to where humans are in relation to our animals. In this case, to understand why aliens do or do not do certain things, we can look at what we do with our animals.

They apparently "abduct us" the same way we have lab rats, without any regard for the feelings or free will of the rats (neither do they care what we think or want... they have their agenda). We eat our cows, and we herd them en-masse.. but the cows aren't given an explanation nor do they even KNOW that this is happening. Once again, I must ask, why would THIS situation be any different? Simply because it's hard to believe, because it's so "horrible" that you should block it from your cognition entirely?

This is what we humans do... ignore and disregard what doesn't benefit us, we like to pretend everyone in space is LIKE US, even our God (we're in his image?).

If monkeys could understand the concept, how difficult do you think it would be for a human to present himself as a GOD to them? Well, what makes people think OUR religious God(s) are any different? How difficult would it be for an infinitely more advanced being to present itself as God or GODS to humans in the past, having churches being built in their names etc? We'd never know... they'd not look like anything, they might simply impress us with "miracles", or rather high technology that appears as such, and telepathically dictate holy books that we MUST follow.

This then causes religious wars (as it did) and much negative energy, that feeds our "masters" or "shepherds" as we ignorantly worship and pray to them. Oh no, this is way too crazy to even consider huh? Well if it soothes you to keep telling yourself that, since denial is natural for humans when hit in the face with possible reality that CONTRADICTS the lies and illusions they've been taught throughout their entire lives. It's your choice, as always.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
hey liblam wut the hell is the difference whether or not 1 of them shows up or 50. How would the increase in their numbers affect our free will.......???? Example: hey billy look theres an alien over there!!!!! Billy: aww shut it jimmy thats just one alien......nuthin to raise suspicion or inquiry. Hey billy look theres fifty of them, oh maybe now we should be worried. I see the point that you are trying to make but are you honestly saying that seeing one alien out in broad daylight walkin round would not make u just a lil curious!?!?!?!?!?!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

hey liblam wut the hell is the difference whether or not 1 of them shows up or 50. How would the increase in their numbers affect our free will.......????

NONE of them show up. The ones that respect free will, are absolutely invisible and do not interfere with human affairs at all. It's the other ones, that have no problem with showing up one at a time, in groups... etc and abducting people. You're confusing my 2 "types" of aliens.

The types that feed on us are the ones that do not respect free will, either INDIVIDUAL FREE WILL nor free will of the human race.

Example: hey billy look theres an alien over there!!!!! Billy: aww shut it jimmy thats just one alien......nuthin to raise suspicion or inquiry. Hey billy look theres fifty of them, oh maybe now we should be worried. I see the point that you are trying to make but are you honestly saying that seeing one alien out in broad daylight walkin round would not make u just a lil curious!?!?!?!?!?!

A little curious? I'm confused... how does this relate to what I said? I think I failed to clarify that I was talking about 2 different types... one that respects free will, and one that does not. We will not be seeing much of those who do respect it, however we may see plenty (if they choose to show up) of those that do not.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Why does everybody assume that they are smarter then us? Technological advancement does not necasarily mean that they are smarter then us. Stumbling onto discoveries has given human kind HUGE leaps in technology....are we really any smarter for having developed technologically advanced things like nukes? (besides the obvious stale mate situation....that could easily be a everybody on earth dead situation.)

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
More importantly, why would THEY WANT to reveal themselves? HUmans aren't famous for being overly-passionate or understanding of the strange.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
And could I plz see some evidence to back up your theory on how they feed off of our emotions/distress? Any testimony???? Evidence????? You have provided ABSOLUTELY NUTHING for evidence that they suck our emotions for food. (emotions are much different then a herd of cattle being slaughtered.) while u say that both of them are sources of energy i fail to see ur evidence backing up your ridiculous claims.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

And could I plz see some evidence to back up your theory on how they feed off of our emotions/distress? Any testimony???? Evidence????? You have provided ABSOLUTELY NUTHING for evidence that they suck our emotions for food. (emotions are much different then a herd of cattle being slaughtered.) while u say that both of them are sources of energy i fail to see ur evidence backing up your ridiculous claims.

You should trade in your computer for a punching bag and a more open mind.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Thank you for the INFORMED post. I appreciate serious viewpoints on these topics. You raise a good point there underling. While i agree that prolly a huge portion of the human population would not understand and would be bias or mean, wut do u personally think that that we could do to them besides MAYBE get the ones that were here showing themselves.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Why does everybody assume that they are smarter then us? Technological advancement does not necasarily mean that they are smarter then us. Stumbling onto discoveries has given human kind HUGE leaps in technology....are we really any smarter for having developed technologically advanced things like nukes? (besides the obvious stale mate situation....that could easily be a everybody on earth dead situation.)

I'm not assuming anything, I'm offering a possibility. However, you cannot assume that they are NOT smarter too. What is "smart" anyway? Is it one's ability to intake and process information? Well, given enough technology and "accidentally stumbling" on discoveries will eventually lead to knowledge amplifiers... a way to make yourself faster.. like we do our computers, right? Do you think accessing and manipulating the brain is beyond the scope of beings that managers to traverse light speed etc? Well we can almost do this already... we can manipulate our minds in many ways using sound waves, subliminals.. etc.

Besides, you posed the question asking why they do not show up. I gave you a possible reason, which is also very probable if you think about it carefully. There are many possible reasons to not show up, and the reason a person may not be able to see any is if you have some kind of assumption that is blocking it. If you remove any and all assumptions about what aliens are and what they are not, then it's easy to see possible reasons for why they will or will not show up.

However, all that is simply speculation... now how does one find out the truth as it applies to our reality? Well that takes some digging, some logical deduction, objective research, and basically paying attention to world events. Knowledge protects... and there is no limit in how to acquire knowledge, is there?

I hope this at least gives you an idea that I'm not telling you that you're wrong, I'm simply saying that we cannot assume ANYTHING about them, as assumptions tend to block objectivity. When you assume something, you expect it to be a certain pre-conceived way, and if it turns out different, you are in for either a shock, or you go into denial.

Do you want to know the truth? Well, open discussion sometimes leads to startling revalations that indeed CAN BE deduced logically, without external data, if an objective frame of mind exists in those involved in the discussion.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
And u should get e reality check. Even with an open mind. I have the right to be skeptical of someones viewpoint or opinion and call them on it. Maybe you should change in your previous post for a reality check.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Why don't you prove to ME that what I said is RIDICULOUS, as you put it. Can you give any evidence for your judgement of what I said? What DEFINES something as being ridiculous? Is it your own fear? Your own "hold for dear life" of your preconceived ideas, assumptions and beliefs? Well I can't help you there...

You said practically everyone KNOWS that aliens exist? Where is your shred of EVIDENCE for THAT claim? Do you KNOW this? How do you know this? Why couldn't UFO's be secret government projects? How do you REALLY know this?

The thing I'm getting at is, you don't, and neither do I, but you can have a pretty good IDEA if you have an open, OBJECTIVE mind. You seem to be stagnated on certain reservations about how things should BE, and what is RIDICULOUS and what is NOT. Until you manage to eliminate your SELF-IMPOSED limitations, you may not be able to discover the knowledge that you so earnestly seek.. as it may not HAVE any limitations of any sort. If you want an open, objective discussion, then I'll gladly join you. If you want proof and evidence of anything and everything from me, I suggest you do your own research.

Did you make this post in hopes that someone provides you with evidence for the reason that aliens do not show up? Somehow I doubt even you would be naive enough to expect that. So why demand from others what you cannot offer yourself...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join