It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't They Reveal Themselves!?!?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imzadi
There ARE human-ETs. Some are Nordics, which I have only heard about. Then there are WALK-INs like me.

You claim to be an alien?
Riiight. Like an alien would be on ATS trying to learn more about aliens. So, Mr. Alien, tell us all where you came from, what your intentions are here on Earth, and what your favorite Earth food is. You do like Earth food don't you? Oh, let me guess...you brought a sack lunch.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
favourite earth food? have to be... corn.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The aliens could be much more technologically advanced, but still interstellar space travel could be difficult and expensive even for them.
We can send two little fragile robots to mars right now.

So the resources of 6 billion humans versus a few members of more advanced ET aliens might not be so unequal.

And we'd be fighting like mother-fcukers.

Maybe their hearts wouldn't really be into a war.

True, they could always threaten to send asteroids to the planet and obliterate us---but they seem to want us alive.

It all depends on the relative level of capabilites, which we don't know.

If they drop out of warp and beam down a million Klingon stormtroopers, then yeah, we'd be pretty much toast. But maybe they can't.

basically, if there is an ET coverup, IT'S THE ALIENS' FAULT.

people on ats seem to always blame the gubermint first, especially the USA. I say use your brains for everything, and be skeptical of everyone.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

Originally posted by panchovilla
like thornfin said if you peceive aliens to be just some being that is super techno like..... well don't wanna give the example that i was thinkin' of cuz they ain't that weak, but urmmm, they'd be a bunck of fragile purssies that is if they only knew about like electronic entligence and no physical and animal ties to raw arss emotion, lust, and stabbin' some urmmm pu...........
well that is the truth real negroes don't lie

now do they

Little hard to comprehend there poncho, but let me elaborate.

Imagine if humans--being as we are now--had, say claws, or fangs, or natural body armor, or one of many different things animals have on this planet. Can you imagine how dangerous we would be? There is a reason we are basically fragile, it's because we have the ability to create and imagine and solve and destroy through creation.

In nature, you can't have it all. There is going to be a draw back, otherwise there would be no point for many many things to exist.

Just like aliens. If they are as advanced as we believe them to be, they are going to be incredibly weak physically as the "down side."

Have you considered that their technological advancement allows them to genetically "fix" their possible physical weakness, in turn creating any "claws" or "scales" or "natural armor" that they want? Where's the limit to what one's body can be altered to, with proper technology? What's the difference between biology and technology at those high levels anyway? Seems to me that there is none...

Also, I don't think that we lack claws and all that animal stuff BECAUSE we're smart. I think we lack this because we don't USE IT, or NEED IT. I don't think it's to create a "weakness". How would nature develop a concept like "too strong for their own good"?

Just some thoughts...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

Originally posted by quiksilver
unless they mastered genetic engineering, and are stealing ideas from our planet to put into themselves, then will appear as super strong beasts with super intelligence?

I thought of that also. But there would be a downside to it. Ya know how when we make a clone, it doesn't live for very long? Nature has a way of keeping things in check...

Maybe cuz we suck at making clones?

If they tried makin a clone 50 years ago, how much luck would they have, and how long would the life span of that "clone" be?

Do you think it's impossible to build a clone that lives for thousands of years, is very physicall strong, psychically adept, and has extremely fast cognitive ability? Really... what IS impossible anyway? What's the limit to what your mind can do? What's the limit to what is possible?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
there is no limit to the mind liblam
others just put up limitations dont they
you can see it in there postings

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
there is no limit to the mind liblam
others just put up limitations dont they
you can see it in there postings

Shhh don't tell them this, but they HATE when you bring it up and announce it to their face like that! "You put up self-imposed limitations where none exist". They get all defensive over it and the conversation turns into an argument over "whether they are ignorant or not". I've learned, that in order to avoid it, one must have patience with all one comes into contact with, and basically GENTLY introduce ideas to them, but leave it OPEN and upto them to figure things out.

When someone stubbornly, and consistently REFUSES to consider anything other than what they WISH to believe, then I'll simply stop the communication. Approach, in my experience, is very important when introducing thoughts, concepts, and ideas that may otherwise startle, shock, or throw a person into denial.

This is examplified in heating a frog in water. If you throw the frog in boiling water, he'll PANIC and instantly jump out as he reacts to sudden threat. If you put him in cold water, and slowly heat it up, he will boil alive without even knowing that anything has changed.

This tactic, when REVERSED, can REALLY help people open their own minds without even realising that they OPENED their minds! This is not to deceive anyone, or to manipulate them, but rather to SUGGEST things in an open, "friendly" conversation, where they do not feel threatened mentally, and they might even consider certain things that otherwise would cause them to instantly erect a mental WALL (like throwing a frog in hot water).

My point is, I understand that some people tend to not think outside the box, but if you point this out to them, they might grab that same box and hit you over the head with it

Approach is important!

Or so I think.

EDIT: This is basically because people do not like their free will violated. When you try to convince people of something, they tend to fear that you're somehow violating their free will to figure it out themselves. If you leave it OPEN and UPTO THEM to discover, and only give clues when ASKED, their free will remains intact, and their defense systems do not need to activate. In turn, some close minded people, when gently prompted, may choose a different path and EVENTUALLY actually look back and laugh at how ignorant they were! But they must come to terms with it individually, and usually pointing out to an ignorant person that they are indeed ignorant yields more trouble than you're asking for

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It's always amusing, however, to read posts like "Thank GOD we have nuclear weapons, so we can mess up all those damn aliens if they turn out to be hostile".

It's sort of like 2 bunnies sitting on some grass saying, "Thank GOD we have such LONG TEETH, and if those damn humans turn out to be hostile we can chop them all up". If someone likes to pretend that any and all our weapons combined will even scratch the paint on ONE of the UFO's, then this is their choice.

One should probably think long and hard before rushing to such a conclusion, and maybe consider thinking outside the box that they constructed for themselves, to maintain their false sense of security.

What I mean by this, is that the TEETH of the bunnies provide them a false sense of security... that they are somehow safe and protected from all predators. Even bunnies aren't so naive!

Another thought that is sometimes considered, is that we can psychically defeat them. I dunno many people on the planet that are good at "psychic warfare", and how much "damage" they think they can cause to aliens. Once again, an analogy can help...

Remember in the movie "Independence Day" they implanted a human computer virus into an alien computer system and caused their shields to deactivate so they can blow'em all up? That's assuming that the aliens run Windows, of course.

This same assumption seems to persist in terms of "psychic warfare" of any kind, the assumption that their minds, their being is somehow THE SAME as ours, and what may hurt a human being will just as much hurt any damn alien that comes along. Such thoughts seem primitive, rush judgements, and undeveloped at best - but it is not for me to decide this. When the "aliens" (in quotes, as our species may be just as ALIEN to this planet as any other) show up, I'd love to see all the chaos that all the elite human psychics cause them. Almost as much damage as a few mosquitos will probably cause you.

However, why do people hate the idea that maybe we're not supposed to defeat them? Well, the issue arises of our BODIES, our FLESH. This is what we hold so "dear" and what we're protecting, isn't it? I don't think we're fighting for our "souls" now are we? Well, such a fight seems futile, as one fails to consider that there may not be a limit to the number of "predators" in the universe that seek to cause harm to one's flesh. I'll stop here, as the matter is more complicated than that, but I think it's best that everyone decides for themselves WHAT it is they will do IF and WHEN we're invaded. I'm simply contemplating and throwing around ideas, nothing else.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Actually the aliens were runnning Mac OS

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

oh i know what you mean
like even the aliens would allow us to use nuclear weapons
some have seen to many sci fi movies my dear friend
and the psychics trying to attack
well i think your average psychic ...no
but it could be possible that the one thing that the aliens could know is that there is something about humans that they cant control or is dangerous to them
the great masters who have mastered omni dimensional awareness might just have a big surprise for them
just a thought ...trying to keep my mind open

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
MAYBE aliens are not even here to hurt us, or even watch us. ( In a sense.) What if an alien war is going on in some different part of the galaxy and they are here to observe whether or not we would make good allies in their upcoming battles just to have numbers on their side? If this were to be true, I would think that they would be looking for certain traits in humans such as bravery and willingness to fight. Believe me, if a person or a group of people BELIEVE in something very strongly, (such as aiding in a war for an ally.) there is absolutely no limit to what damage they could do, especially since humans tend to fight tooth and nail about stupid crap. Given an actual good reason to fight, I think that humans would be unstoppable.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Dealing with what we know-

- It is either likely or absolute fact that alien/ET's exist and are or have the ability to visit this planet.

- Therefore (yes i know it's been said) there would HAVE to be some law or common law not to directly interfere with our society on a mass scale

- Which leads me to believe, IMO, that Earth would be regarded as a sort of backwater/vacation-like/escape planet for aliens

- I'm also lead to believe that, in other environments that some aliens/ET's would come from, there could be the possibility of foreign elements that would make space travel easier for them-- not to mention the fact that with time, everything becomes easier/more possible, and we as humans truly have absolutely no concept of how old some of those entities might be.

...Just some musings...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I am here to LEARN ABOUT HUMANS, NOT ALIENS!
My website is MINDBOGGLER:
members.tripod.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I am a WOMAN. I eat regular food as you do. I have a HUMAN body.
See my website.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
As a newbie, I have just read through the messages of this thread, and I have been intrigued to see that aliens are considered to be the only producers of UFO's. Obviously if this is so, then I think that all will accept that they have had to have mastered some form of time travel - right? The distances to anywhere from whence they may have come make that essential.

So, if time travel is acceptable, there is another possibility which would explain just why - whoever are in the UFO's - never introduce themselves. How about if they were humans in the future taking tourist trips in the past in time machines, and that the operators of those time machines were forbidden to allow any contact between their passengers and the people of today?

That might make a lot more sense than the idea of beings travelling 10's, 100's or even 1000's of light years to get here, and then only crushing a few wheat crops and building a pyramid or two!

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Deep space travel is considered infeasible by scientists. Time travel is considered improbable by them. We know deep space travel can be done even with our current level of technology, at least to nearby star systems. It would just take a few decades. At this point in time there is nothing we know of that could go back into time. If life is abundant in the universe, it could very likely already be travelling here if it wanted to as our scientists can't deny it can be done.

Of course UFOs could be piloted by time travelling humans, but aliens from nearby star systems seems far more likely even to modern day science.

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
time travel is quite likely only into the future
if it is then someone from far away may know how to go thousands of light years and be here only seconds later on a universal scale
There was a scientist in corsos book the day after roswell who noted the ships they recovered from the roswell crash were more for traveling thru time than space ships

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imzadi
I am here to LEARN ABOUT HUMANS, NOT ALIENS!
My website is MINDBOGGLER:
members.tripod.com...

Oh pleeeeez

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Have you considered that their technological advancement allows them to genetically "fix" their possible physical weakness, in turn creating any "claws" or "scales" or "natural armor" that they want? Where's the limit to what one's body can be altered to, with proper technology? What's the difference between biology and technology at those high levels anyway? Seems to me that there is none...

Also, I don't think that we lack claws and all that animal stuff BECAUSE we're smart. I think we lack this because we don't USE IT, or NEED IT. I don't think it's to create a "weakness". How would nature develop a concept like "too strong for their own good"?

Just some thoughts...

I am just saying that one way or another, nature has a way of keeping things in check...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chevin
As a newbie, I have just read through the messages of this thread, and I have been intrigued to see that aliens are considered to be the only producers of UFO's. Obviously if this is so, then I think that all will accept that they have had to have mastered some form of time travel - right? The distances to anywhere from whence they may have come make that essential.

So, if time travel is acceptable, there is another possibility which would explain just why - whoever are in the UFO's - never introduce themselves. How about if they were humans in the future taking tourist trips in the past in time machines, and that the operators of those time machines were forbidden to allow any contact between their passengers and the people of today?

That might make a lot more sense than the idea of beings travelling 10's, 100's or even 1000's of light years to get here, and then only crushing a few wheat crops and building a pyramid or two!

Many assumptions on your part. You can go even further, and say.. "They've traversed galaxies simply to anal probe a few humans" with the same effect. Now, what if the aliens never had to really fly anywhere to get here? Maybe space is OUR illusion, not theirs? Same goes for time.

Your human theory is very plausible, and no one said aliens are the only occupiers of UFO's. Also, you ASSUME they are responsible for crop circles, and you also ASSUME they built the pyramids. But do you KNOW these things? If you do not, what makes you think that your assumption basically outlines their mission, or has any relation to their mission (whatever it may be) AT ALL?

I say this because you based your CONCLUSION (that it's silly for them to be here) based on a few ASSUMPTIONS. With such a technique you can solve all the mysteries of the universe... just make stuff up and assume (or believe) it to be true.

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by lilblam]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join