It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't They Reveal Themselves!?!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
17 and are u talkin about tonight as in thursday or yesterday wednesday. if so im gonna be pissed cuz my vcr is busted and i have work at night

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I am on EST USA.

Thursday. I just saw a promo commercial about 5 minutes ago. Please check with Historychannel.com

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tjololo
u make EXCELLENT points liblam and i appreciate sry if i was argumentitive, it was just that i WAS floored by the emotion thing, but when u put it the way u did with all of enrgy being interelated, it does make sense. ( in a wierd way.) I am relatively new to this kind of thing and I would also like to begin research into the subject. If u could provide any links or possibilities to begin my research i would greatly appreciate it. If not then ill go it alone, but either way thank u for all of ur posts, they do seem very well informed.

No problem! I'm here to serve those who ask (I try anyway). Where to go you say? Well anywhere really... the entire internet is at your fingertips.. filled with mostly lies and half-truths, but we're all stuck in this world, so to know the "truth" one must learn how to discern truth from lies and half-truths that surround you. That only comes from experience and knowledge, and is rather difficult to "teach" to someone.

Well if you're only beginning to be interested in this stuff, then it really makes no difference where you start. When I started I read everything and anything I could find about aliens online, and did not restrict my search to any specific "category" of information.

I could recommend reading about public opinions of what the grays are, why they are here, what they do, etc (though you dunno which is true, it's helpful to know what people generally think...). Reptilians are always a hot topic. Pleiadians... and spiritual type aliens are all over the web too. Billy Meier even claims to have taken quality UFO pics of real pleiadian ships... very interesting stuff... hoax? Always possible... if you find out you can lemme know

www.cassiopaea.org... so far is my favorite source. However, anywhere you go and anything you read, I simply suggest that you keep an open mind, stay objective, remove any and ALL judgement (such as good/bad/evil/RIDICULOUS etc). All those things can slow down your progress and stagnate you on a certain frame of mind... which prevents you from going further and finding the truth. Also, belief is a very dangerous thing... but I found that out the hard way.

Now, I really hate it when I come out sounding like some "wise guy" who thinks he knows everything, so I ask that you don't assume that (this may be my little disclaimer). I'm simply sharing what I know, and it's for you to decide what to do with anything I say, isn't it?

I hope this stuff helps! Sometimes the most "unlikely" source can teach you the most "unexpected" things... so anticipation and expectations might really bite u in the ass if u have'em

And most of all, have fun! If you find yourself getting extremely bored, I don't advise FORCING yourself to do this, as you will probably not get much out of the stuff that you force yourself to do. Do you agree that people tend to do things much better if they're properly motivated? If people force themselves to do something, without actually being excited and enjoying doing it, then very often the "job" they do is poor and they miss many details etc. Fun is important, in my humble opinion!

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
who really gives a # about this. If they are here and more technologically advanced, we can't do jack # except to suck up 2 them and do what they tell us.

Personally i don't see the point of another intelligent species harming another intelligent species. Life is scarce enough in the universe let alone intelligent life. I would suspect that they would've gone through the same kind of questions in their early ages. "Is there other intelligent life out there?"

Once you find it, it would seem utterly pointless to go and destroy it. Whats to say that THEY are the more advanced ones. For all we know, we could be the 'advanced' ones and go off and find other life.

Hell i can get how something could gather or have a liking in certain type of emotional energy, but not 'feeding' off it. Anyway, i don't think that there is any force or particles carrying our energy at that great distance, unless they are living with us, like they are tiny little things that live in our ass or somthing.

Personally i think all this # about grays and whatnot is stupid. It probably started with some freak posting something on the internet and people reading it and believing it and spreading it and then it grew into this and people believe it more easily now because there is a whole lot out there. How long have aliens been suspected? About 200 bloody years, and all we've come up with is some faded photos and blurry movies. These aliens are bull# if you ask me. Unless you can provide some evidence that they exist(Real evidence: not some # that you had a dream or someone talked to you in your mind or you went for a ride with them to the stars).

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by quiksilver]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by quiksilver
who really gives a # about this. If they are here and more technologically advanced, we can't do jack # except to suck up 2 them and do what they tell us.

Personally i don't see the point of another intelligent species harming another intelligent species. Life is scarce enough in the universe let alone intelligent life.

Are you kidding? Intelligent life is scarce even on EARTH! *cackle*.

Ah but on a serious note, you don't know that it's scarce! Why assume it is? Just cuz we didn't find any...
Also, about the "intelligent beings" attacking other "intelligent beings", there may be just as much reason for this as we have to wage war on other HUMANS. Power-hungry.. control-hungry... money-hungry... "king of the hill" kind of game. So far US is in the lead...

I would suspect that they would've gone through the same kind of questions in their early ages. "Is there other intelligent life out there?"

Once you find it, it would seem utterly pointless to go and destroy it. Whats to say that THEY are the more advanced ones. For all we know, we could be the 'advanced' ones and go off and find other life.

So we could spread Christianity to it too, and liberate all that other life from its oppressing dictators. Then we can demand that the other life disarm all their Weapons of Mass Destruction, cuz it poses a threat to us. Yup, this is what we humans do

We're silly silly little creatures... we have as much trouble thinking outside our tiny little box as an ant has trying to fly. It's ok, persistance helps.

Hell i can get how something could gather or have a liking in certain type of emotional energy, but not 'feeding' off it.

If plants didn't exist, would you believe that it's possible for living creatures to feed off the sun's energy? Come on now... what is the LIMIT to the variety of ways one can HARNESS energy (unless YOU impose one of course)? If there is no limit, why would it be so crazy that emotions are a viable energy source? 100 years ago we didn't have solar power either... and getting energy from light seemed absurd.

Anyway, i don't think that there is any force or particles carrying our energy at that great distance, unless they are living with us, like they are tiny little things that live in our ass or somthing.

There's more to you than just your ass, ya know

Well, who says energy has to come in particles. Once again, I regretfully bring up the sun... how does light reach us from the sun? Does it like come from the sun's ass in tiny little particles and stuff? Light is but ONE example, there are many different ways to transfer energy. Lightning is one. Heat is one. All kinds of states of energy, many yet undetectable and unknown by humans. So why limit possibilities here?

Personally i think all this # about grays and whatnot is stupid.

What does stupid mean to you? Lacking intelligence? Cuz I've read some pretty intelligent-sounding deductions and reasoning that involved the grays and so forth... it's not all just kooks banter.

It probably started with some freak posting something on the internet and people reading it and believing it and spreading it and then it grew into this and people believe it more easily now because there is a whole lot out there.

The grays were circulating in public knowledge-base before the internet. Maybe came from a book? Well fine, but what about the UFO's and stuff, is that also a crazy idea that no one really saw and was just mentioned by one guy at one point and it caught wind from that? Hmm..

How long have aliens been suspected? About 200 bloody years, and all we've come up with is some faded photos and blurry movies. These aliens are bull# if you ask me.

There's 2 guys sitting on Mars right now saying: "These humans are bull# if you ask me. Have you ever seen one? NO!". What you said kinda sounds to me like a little microbe on a sea-shell thinking "I wonder if there's any life on the other side of the sea-shelf. Nah, probably is just some bull# my microbe buddies made up!". Well that's your choice to assume this. I have no evidence to contradict you.

Unless you can provide some evidence that they exist(Real evidence: not some # that you had a dream or someone talked to you in your mind or you went for a ride with them to the stars).

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by quiksilver]

No evidence, must be bull#. Maybe you mean physical evidence? For example, if I told you that I have a UFO and 3 grays drinking a cappacino in my back yard right now, this wouldn't provide evidence for you would it. However, if this were true, it would have ME pretty convinced, and yet I'd be unable to do anything to help YOU (as the aliens may not show up on pictures etc...).

Therefore, if you'd like evidence, I'd advise you do your own research. This example was a rather drastic way to say, that not all evidence can be presented to others. Proof to one person may not even EXIST for another.

You don't have to SEE a UFO to know it exists. You can use logical deduction based on certain information, that exists in the public domain. I'm NOT saying that "because everyone is talking about it and there are so many web sites, it must be real" by ANY means.

This wouldn't be a LOGICAL deduction, would it! You can really figure out the truth if you're presistent enough. Or you can just sit there, brush it off, and wait for someone to GIVE you the evidence. Well you may not have luck doing that... but it's always your choice!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
There ARE human-ETs. Some are Nordics, which I have only heard about. Then there are WALK-INs like me. There are several other walk-ins that I have heard of....Scott Mandelker and Preston Nichols are two. Both write books and give lectures.
WHY don't the "odd-looking" ETs show themselves?
1. "The Day the Earth Stood Still" is a good example. Not much has changed since then. If Klaatu were to "return" he would find us in WORSE condition, as fas humans getting along well. Klaatu also got shot TWICE!
2. There are MANY GROUPS OF ALIENS. Each has its own reasons for what they do.
3. If an ET spoke to you, you probably would not realize it....not if the ET LOOKED human. We are here, but some don't believe it.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imzadi
There ARE human-ETs. Some are Nordics, which I have only heard about. Then there are WALK-INs like me. There are several other walk-ins that I have heard of....Scott Mandelker and Preston Nichols are two. Both write books and give lectures.
WHY don't the "odd-looking" ETs show themselves?
1. "The Day the Earth Stood Still" is a good example. Not much has changed since then. If Klaatu were to "return" he would find us in WORSE condition, as fas humans getting along well. Klaatu also got shot TWICE!
2. There are MANY GROUPS OF ALIENS. Each has its own reasons for what they do.
3. If an ET spoke to you, you probably would not realize it....not if the ET LOOKED human. We are here, but some don't believe it.

And what density may I ask are you "from"?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Energy from sun = PARTICLES = photons
plants use this in photosynthesis, chemical reaction.
heat comes form vibrations in PARTICLES
sound is particles vibrating. If we were the superior creatures then im sure by the time we actually get around to the point of travelling those distances we would have developed into more emotionally mentally intact. What i mean by stupid is irrational.

anyway, may i ask what we/you/people/anyone is doing about this? are we just gathering information and speculating or is someone actually taking steps to aid themselves if they see this as a potential threat, or who doesn't see this as a potential threat?

btw emotions are just chemical reactions in our brain. we only pick up on them via our 5 senses. a possiblity would be that they have different senses. eg what? analyze data via external brain transmissions.

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by quiksilver]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Energy from sun = PARTICLES = photons
plants use this in photosynthesis, chemical reaction.

Now, where to WAVES come in? Is light ONLY photons?

heat comes form vibrations in PARTICLES
sound is particles vibrating.

True, and true. The question is, what about a form of energy traversing space? Light is one thing we know that goes at "light speed" through space, but is there anything else? Maybe black holes emit some sort of energy?

Waves seem to travel through a MEDIUM, and maybe there's a medium in space that we're not aware of (like air is a medium through which SOUND waves travel). The question is, if our emotions give off energy, what form does it take, what "speed" is it limited to, and how close does someone have to be in order to absorb this energy or direct it (using technology perhaps). Well, I don't know, but all are interesting questions for me to seek answers for.

If we were the superior creatures then im sure by the time we actually get around to the point of travelling those distances we would have developed into more emotionally mentally intact.

Just cuz aliens might feed on our emotions, doesn't mean THEY themselves are emotional...

What i mean by stupid is irrational.

What is rational to you? Is the existance of aliens irrational? Or only the idea that they are HERE but are choosing to remain invisible irrational? Either way, can you not think of any reason for this to be so? What about grays, what makes you think they do not exist? You might not have "proof" of their existance, but do you have any evidence for the lack of same? If not, could you "rationally" conclude that they don't exist?

Now, I'm not saying they DO exist, but an interesting topic for research would be... where did the popular idea of grays originate... why do they look the way they do etc.. where did this first appear? Good question, and speculate all you want but speculation alone doesn't yield answers, does it?

anyway, may i ask what we/you/people/anyone is doing about this? are we just gathering information and speculating or is someone actually taking steps to aid themselves if they see this as a potential threat, or who doesn't see this as a potential threat?

What's NOT a potential threat? Your next door neighbor is a potential threat! Your ceiling is a potential threat! Your microwave.. your.. you name it. There are so many potential threats in the lives of humans, they'd go nuts if they tried to consider them all.

What are you doing about terrorists for example, in case they one day show up and try to blow up your house? What are you doing in case of an earthquake, to protect yourself? What about a flood of some sort? A snow storm? A lightning strike? The list can go on and on... there's just so many possible things that can go WRONG that one would have to spend their entire lifetime trying to "protect" himself, and it would still not be adequate.

Therefore, why worry about this one as anything particularly more threatening? I simply am curious, and I like to stay informed. Knowledge protects, doesn't it? Knowledge also helps one advance, on all levels. Knowing what's going on helps you to help others etc, eliminates "potential threats" and so forth. I'm not worried about my physical body so much, and nothing poses any potential threat to my "soul" or essence, so I'm just in this out of plain curiosity. I like to know the truth, to get to the bottom of things.

You may ask how do I know I have a soul. My answer would be, well if I do NOT, then all the more reason to NOT care about the body.. because this would mean there really IS no purpose for my existance, and after I die I'm permanently gone. I cannot look back at my life, I cannot recount my experiences, and the lessons learned here in this life would be USELESS. Therefore, if I have no soul, all the more reason why my body matters not. And if I DO have a soul, then I'm not worried about my body EITHER, since it's the soul that I am concerned about. Not for safety of it, but for advancement, which comes from knowledge of all things.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
If there are ET's visiting

A) they are not keeping themselves really secret, as in Star Trek Prime directive and all that.

B) they have some mission they are not telling us about.

The obvious answer is that they believe their mission would be compromised by being in the open.

That does not engender a whole lot of confidence in me. If we could fly to Alpha Centauri, I think we would act substantially friendlier to any natives than they are to us.

One might guess that revealing ET publicly---and if ETs are not particularly nice---would start a weapons race. The public would demand the military "protect our sacred borders".

We get in a war with the aliens. Either we win or we lose, but either way, the aliens' mission is hurt somehow. Look at Iraq. Do they actually want to win a war and have to occupy our planet? How many guerilla attacks would people do against a few ET's?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
but as a final answer to

WHY WON'T THEY REVEAL THEMSELVES?

it looks like they are assholes, that's why.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I agree with mbkennel's assholes assessment.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
i agree with you on knowledge protects.

but

Just cuz aliens might feed on our emotions, doesn't mean THEY themselves are emotional...

i was refering to if we went off to find other life.

btw. off topic light = photons = given wave function black holes = give off hawking radiation
There is still alot we don't know, so it is our nature to find out.

If ET's are out there then they are stupid because they are just allowing our ideas to manifest and let us think they are assholes and bastards, unless ofcouse thats what they want us to think....

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
If aliens are so incredibly technically advanced, you can bet that they are physically fragile. Even more so than us...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
like thornfin said if you peceive aliens to be just some being that is super techno like..... well don't wanna give the example that i was thinkin' of cuz they ain't that weak, but urmmm, they'd be a bunck of fragile purssies that is if they only knew about like electronic entligence and no physical and animal ties to raw arss emotion, lust, and stabbin' some urmmm pu...........
well that is the truth real negroes don't lie

now do they

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
dizie dizoe that iz what makes a bear a bad a......
and big foot a pimp

loke

it'd be like swatin' slow arss flyszz G

poppin' blood blistahz

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
like thornfin said if you peceive aliens to be just some being that is super techno like..... well don't wanna give the example that i was thinkin' of cuz they ain't that weak, but urmmm, they'd be a bunck of fragile purssies that is if they only knew about like electronic entligence and no physical and animal ties to raw arss emotion, lust, and stabbin' some urmmm pu...........
well that is the truth real negroes don't lie

now do they

Little hard to comprehend there poncho, but let me elaborate.

Imagine if humans--being as we are now--had, say claws, or fangs, or natural body armor, or one of many different things animals have on this planet. Can you imagine how dangerous we would be? There is a reason we are basically fragile, it's because we have the ability to create and imagine and solve and destroy through creation.

In nature, you can't have it all. There is going to be a draw back, otherwise there would be no point for many many things to exist.

Just like aliens. If they are as advanced as we believe them to be, they are going to be incredibly weak physically as the "down side."

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
unless they mastered genetic engineering, and are stealing ideas from our planet to put into themselves, then will appear as super strong beasts with super intelligence?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   

unless they mastered genetic engineering, and are stealing ideas from our planet to put into themselves, then will appear as super strong beasts with super intelligence?

I thought of that also. But there would be a downside to it. Ya know how when we make a clone, it doesn't live for very long? Nature has a way of keeping things in check...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
heres a thought. What if we were way behind in technological advancement? Whats stopping us from genetically engineering a human in the near future, to have far larger brains? That is far more complex far more powerful, greater memory storage, better cooling systems and better supply of oxygen. We could in effect use our own technology to super boost us years ahead of what we would normally be at, maybe equalling or surpassing more intelligent life forms.
huh?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join