It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't They Reveal Themselves!?!?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

Originally posted by Imzadi
I am here to LEARN ABOUT HUMANS, NOT ALIENS!
My website is MINDBOGGLER:
members.tripod.com...

Oh pleeeeez

Imzadi, I'd be careful if I were you as to how far you spread your beliefs. Based on what you've told me in a private message, you've either been terribly deceived or you're the one doing the deception. I may know this for fact, but I cannot prove this to YOU or anyone else, so don't bother taking my word for it.. figure it out yourself if you so choose.

Why do I say be careful? Simply because you may be deceiving others unknowingly. You make claims, but do not seem to leave it open to interpretation, at least in your statements. You do not say "I think it's possible that I am a Gray" etc, you simply STATE IT as FACT.

Now, there is no inherent issue with simply stating things, but once again, based on what you've told me, it is absolutely not true by any means. Now, you have at least one person who respectfully disagrees with you.. will this be enough of a reason for you to question your own beliefs, or will you simply put up a wall of denial and pretend that all that you've come to believe is true, simply because you want it to be?

The choice is always yours, and all I can do is advise that you exercise caution in your communication with others, especially when you're not even sure of the truth of what you're saying - despite your possible conviction that you are. Weird, no?

In addition, it is really the responsibility of each individual who is subjected to a seemingly "factual" statement to determine the validity of same. We're all invariably subjected to such statements, which have no data or evidence to offer any kind of verification, but only some of us will accept things because we want to believe in them, others will deny it until someone drops all the "proof" right on their lap, and yet others will always search to determine the TRUTH, by seeking to KNOW it (putting some effort into this), rather than BELIEVE it.

In your case, it is difficult to say whether you're telling the truth, and there is a chance that either you're very deceived in what you think you know, or I am very deceived in what I think I know. So, how would we get out of such a sticky situation? Well, considering the fact that in this existance it is hard for humans to know anything to 100% capacity, due to our limited awareness, we can compile information to the BEST of our ability, and to at least SEEK to know the truth.

If vigilance, objectivity, non-anticipation, and patience are exercised, it is my experience that it would be VERY hard to deceive such an individual, as he takes nothing to be true until he can determine this for sure. I attempt to adopt such a policy in my life, and based on all other information that I've come into contact with, my personal experience with people etc, I surmise that what you've said is NOT indeed factual. Could I be wrong? Yes. However, I give it a rather low probability that I am indeed wrong in this case, though once again, I cannot provide you with any proof of this - unless you are patient and willing to openly discuss your own beliefs, and perhaps such an approach can help us LOGICALLY (if not evidencially) determine the truth or falsity behind some of your allegations.

However, the choice is yours. Some beliefs are so intricately ingrained in the mind of an individual, that it is sometimes nearly impossible for him to question them, as he blocks anything and EVERYTHING that possibly contradicts or does not comply with what he thinks is reality. If such is not the case with you, maybe you'd be willing to let me (and others) help you figure out the truth, if the TRUTH is indeed what you seek. If not, that is always your choice.

I'm here to only help those who ask, as I *try* to respect free will to the best of my ability. If you ask, I'll help. Others may do so as well. However, the work must be done by YOU, as the question at hand pertains to your own personal knowledge, and we can only really KNOW something if we can ascertain it ourselves, others can only HELP, not MAKE US know something.

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
i agree with you liblam

it would seem that at best she maybe being used by forces to spread ideas that certain elements that are malefic are in fact quite nice.

whitley streiber is being used in such a manner also.
as his group of followers or community as they liked to be called.
They refer to abductions as visitations.
and they call aliens visitors not aliens.

They also describe how nice it is for children to come in contact with aliens.
whitley calls it the "cosmic playground".
i definitely feel there are some people right now on earth who have been manipulated to try to influence public opinions that some of the malevolent aliens are either nice or at worst benevolent.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Maybe they are scared that stupidity is a contagious virus.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
i agree with you liblam

it would seem that at best she maybe being used by forces to spread ideas that certain elements that are malefic are in fact quite nice.

whitley streiber is being used in such a manner also.
as his group of followers or community as they liked to be called.
They refer to abductions as visitations.
and they call aliens visitors not aliens.

They also describe how nice it is for children to come in contact with aliens.
whitley calls it the "cosmic playground".
i definitely feel there are some people right now on earth who have been manipulated to try to influence public opinions that some of the malevolent aliens are either nice or at worst benevolent.

It's rather difficult telling someone: "All that you've come to believe is a lie, you're being manipulated and used to spread these lies to others". This throws people into fits of denial, so that's why I had to write such a LENGTHY thing to not touch that sensitive "denial" button.

But to be honest, yes I think she's (imzadi) a pawn in a much larger game. I remember the difficulty with which I came to terms with the fact that most of what I've come to know were lies and illusions, and therefore I can empathize with others who are faced with similar challenges, and it is understandable that they may fail to get out of their belief bubble - as it is not EASY by any means. This is why I simply offer to HELP, but do not violate their free will to refuse the help if they do not want it - I won't insist or press the matter, as it's upto them to figure things out WHEN they are ready, and not a minute before.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
liblam im going to give you my last "wats vote" for this month.
not because of any certain thread or because of any certain posting but only because of your ability to keep an open mind and also i beleive you are providing a service to others by helping open there minds to think outside beleif structures and conditioning

I personally beleive ....i know you probably hate that word beleive in a sense....that service to others is the highest form of humanity.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Children, control yourself
May be alien dont show themself because they has always been among us but dependind on what you believe or how openminded or narrow minded you are thats how you will see them.
SOME PEOPLE SEE ANGELS
SOME PEOPLE SEE GHOSTS
SOME PEOPLE SEE SHADOWS
SOME PEOPLE SEE EVIL
SOME PEOPLE SEE THE DEVIL
SOME PEOPLE SEE ET.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tjololo
If they want to go un-noticed then they are doing a terrible job.......people everywhere believe in their existence because of various sightings and such. And if they are advanced as some people say they are then how come they crash their aircraft some times and we take their crap. (Not proven.) Taking their technology would violate that prime directive and therefore they should go to great lengths to get this technology back.
lol good one bout the anal probes tho....wonder how the negotiations for that one went: You must not interfere with our evolution!!!! Alien: Fine.......but wut about the occasional probe into ur booty hole???

I think the UFO(s) they got really are a few thousand years old. And the stupid crashes are caused by failure test. Maybe the Roswell incident was their first time for a test flight.

Yes I have been thinking of that very much Why they do not reveal them self.. to us
But I think the answer is easy if they are very advanced then they know when its time to come and reveal them selves. We are sitting on technology for a few hundred years development them maybe sitting on a technology stuff that has been developed millions of years. Really Advanced!!

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
liblam im going to give you my last "wats vote" for this month.
not because of any certain thread or because of any certain posting but only because of your ability to keep an open mind and also i beleive you are providing a service to others by helping open there minds to think outside beleif structures and conditioning

I personally beleive ....i know you probably hate that word beleive in a sense....that service to others is the highest form of humanity.

Aww gee! You're making me blush! (mirth)

Ok well, I don't HATE the word belief, I just don't see belief as ever being necessary. What you just said is really subjective, as you probably know, because others may think "service to self" is the highest form of humanity. It's like saying something is good or bad... it's really subjective and relative, isn't it?

However, after you said this, a few questions do come up. What would one define as a "form of humanity"? How does one determine which is "higher" or which is "lower"? Is this not akin to saying "it's more noble" or "more right"? This seems to be subjective as well, and are simply reflections of your own personal outlook.

Please don't take that as me trying to "scold" you or something, I'm just taking what you said and questioning specifics. The way I see it, there are no "higher" or "lower" forms of humanity, there are simply DIFFERENT approaches to life, and existance in general. I cannot attest to any outlook as being right or wrong, good or evil. The best I can do is objectively assess what the outlook IS, without judgement.

Another thing I can say with relative certainty, is that ALL humans, without exception, are service to self - although to varying degrees. NO human is really service to others on this planet, although it is possible that some are service to others CANDIDATES. What I mean is, even the act of EATING itself is service to self... as you slaughter another living being in order to feed on its energy to support your OWN existance. This is service to self, and thus far inescapable for humans.

However, some are closer to becoming fully service to others than, well, others. Neither approach is "right", and both are necessary to maintain BALANCE, which is in itself important in all things in NATURE, as humans are now starting to realise. However, the approaches are DIFFERENT and result in different situations and lessons.

Service to self is aimed at the self, and directs all its energy INWARD - creating an imbalance in relation to all OTHERS. (Like a mini black-hole).

Service to others aims its energy OUTWARD, and then it reflects from other, service-to-others beings and comes back to you. Therefore, it creates a sort of circulation among everyone, as service-to-others creatures focus on others, and not self - creating balance.

Service to self usually maintains a higher level of ignorance, and a lower level of awareness than service to others creatures, because they serve to please the self, they're not objectively and openly seeking knowledge. They do not interact with others in complete honesty, objectivity, and patience.. as the point of interactions with others is to further the service to SELF.

Service to others beings share their knowledge, and in turn EXPAND it as others share it with them, as they network with others to help one another advance. This exponentially increases knowledge of all involved, as balance is maintained.

This is a natural thing, it's not some God's way of "punishing" the service to self people. If you choose to be ignorant, then is it really God's punishment that you'll have little knowledge? Not really, it's your choice. As is with everything else.

Or so I think.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

Many assumptions on your part. You can go even further, and say.. "They've traversed galaxies simply to anal probe a few humans" with the same effect. Now, what if the aliens never had to really fly anywhere to get here? Maybe space is OUR illusion, not theirs? Same goes for time.

Your human theory is very plausible, and no one said aliens are the only occupiers of UFO's. Also, you ASSUME they are responsible for crop circles, and you also ASSUME they built the pyramids. But do you KNOW these things? If you do not, what makes you think that your assumption basically outlines their mission, or has any relation to their mission (whatever it may be) AT ALL?

I say this because you based your CONCLUSION (that it's silly for them to be here) based on a few ASSUMPTIONS. With such a technique you can solve all the mysteries of the universe... just make stuff up and assume (or believe) it to be true.

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by lilblam]

Of course I don't assume that aliens are responsible for crop circles or the bulilding of pyramids. I think those ideas are ludicrous. I simply mentioned them because they are the only things commonly credited to the efforts of aliens visiting this planet. In fact if you read my note again, you will notice that I assume less than you do. You appear be more prepared to assume that aliens are responsible for UFO's than I am. I merely suggested another idea that I did assume was worthy of consideration.

Incidentally, I will suggest that you are being somewhat pedantic in your talk of assumptions in a discussion that must be described as being hypothetical to say the least. If we can't assume that time and space are a norm in the universe then there is little point in even talking about the subject.

I really don't understand the problem you obviously had with my note, but I do get the impression that when you said that my "Human theory" was plausible, I was expected to go down on bended knee, touch my forelock and say, "Thank you very much sir."

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by chevin]

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by chevin]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I am way behind the power curve compared to some who post here, but it is interesting to me that there is nothing tangible to hang a hat on. For instance, in my opinion, Harbinger made a really staunch, if fictional, case for the UFOs being man-made... If you bother to not look at cases of UFOs into pre-history.

Point is that, for now, none of the standard concepts seem to fit all the facts, and we still don't have any "smoking guns".

I understand that I possibly come across as a trouble maker. Nothing could be further from the truth. As stated before, I really wanna believe, but that almost always, in my case anyway, requires some evidence that is tangible.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
Point is that, for now, none of the standard concepts seem to fit all the facts, and we still don't have any "smoking guns".
I wouldn't suggest no smoking guns. Government documented events exist like the 1956 Bentwaters AFB event, the 1957 RB-47 UFO encounter, the 1965 Edwards AFB incident, the 1975 SAC bases incidents, and the 1980 Rendlesham Forest incident. Smoking guns? Most definitely.

Unfortunately for the public, the media will not go after these events and so with the masses ignorant of them, the subject remains a mystery. Because of that, it would take nothing short of a new and gigantic UFO/ET event to get any ball rolling.

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
wow liblam
im rather sorry i said anything or phrased it in that manner.

i beleive you may have over analyzed my meaning.
and have read far to much in to what i typed into my response

if i seemed unecessarily grateful i apologize

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Ive heard thats some races are physically weak...they might fear a negative view towards them. Knowing that we are physically stronger and more agile, they might fear for their safety. But again, they are more technologically advanced. So.....I dont understand why they wont reveal themselves to us. Anybody have a better explanation?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I am pretty sure we are being visited and or observed.

Who would want to reveal themselves to us when they can cleary see how we treat each other and our planet?

Our history of religious strife, power struggles, deceit and all out wars pretty much define us for the most part. What level-headed ET would want to be a part of that?

Perhaps they will reveal themselves when we start to act like a peaceful and civilized race.

OTOH, maybe we need them to come down and shock us into being civilized. A huge event of ET contact might make alot of people really think about their way of life and our place in the universe.

I think that they will continue to observe from a distance until they feel humanity can handle it.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Great points facefirst.We are such a war/violence loving society that advanced civilizations probably look at us as completely predatory and barbaric.Such a shame.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension
Great points facefirst.We are such a war/violence loving society that advanced civilizations probably look at us as completely predatory and barbaric.Such a shame.

That would be a logical assumption to make. I mean, from the ET point of view, who do you make contact with? We are a un-unified world. Countries are really glorified tribes. In the ET's view, we don't even have a unified earth Govt. If ETs arrived tomorrow, we would be fighting with each other over who should be the contact country out of fear that another "tribe" would get an advantage!

Maybe that is what NWO is for? To bring us up to speed and so we can be unified at a level where we can finally enter into the big leagues?

just some thoughts

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
www.geocities.com...

Everyone should read the link I just posted. Read the whole page before you begin to judge, I think it has the potential to change the way you think and look at the whole "alien" situation that we are about to embrace world-wide, cross-culture.

After reading, please visit this site:

www.petitiononline.com...

If you belive in aliens and have read through the first link please visit the second link and sign the petition to CHANGE THE WORLD as we know it.

This is very important that you take it seriously and share it with as many people as you can. This is not a joke, I cannot stress it enough. Your life and everyone around you will change, very soon. So embrace the future, for it is almost upon us.

-psd_1

Originally posted by Tjololo
If aliens are all around us why wont they just reveal themselves to the people of the world??? I understand that they might not want to risk their safety and that humans might take it the wrong way. Why dont they just reveal themselves in the middle of rush hour or something in the middle of Times Square for a few minutes or even less then that????? I DONT UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC BEHIND NOT REVEALING YOURSELF WHEN THE PRACTICALLY THE WHOLE WORLD "KNOWS" OF YOUR EXISTENCE ANYWAYS!

Does anybody have any views on this matter?

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by John bull 1]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join